Cut out biscuits with a 4-inch dog bone cookie cutter. If you plan on making them small instead of 40 mins do 15mins and it was perfect. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Also I open a big can of pumpkin and use half of it in this recipe (a little over a cup) and the other half in human treats (pumpkin-spice cupcakes). 2 Tbsp honey (optional) Preheat your oven to 375 F. Mix the pumpkin & peanut butter together. Thanks for the recipe! Baking & Spices. Plus, they let your dog get in on the fall pumpkin fever. 2. Add honey at this step if you like. Making dog treats yourself is easy and you can make them for half the cost of store bought, like these banana pumpkin dog treats. Although they taste good, it is very frustrating to work with, I will not be making these again. The mixture will be somewhat dry, … https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/lifestyle/3-pumpkin-recipes-for-dogs If you give them a pumpkin cookie before bed time you are guaranteed to have an easy 'walk' first thing in the morning. ¼ cup natural peanut butter (use one that doesn’t contain artificial sweetener xylitol) He absolutely loves them. Repeat with the remaining dough. This easy recipe is made in one bowl with just 5 ingredients – simple and delicious! I use stone ground whole wheat flour. I didn't need to add more pumpkin or peanut butter or anything - this was a very easy recipe. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The dogs loved these! Two suggestions: (1) don't even TRY to "whisk" these ingredients together, and (2) they should have listed "water" in the ingredients list; it's key. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. AWESOME TREATS!! They are regular "kibble brown" and not orange as pictured. Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Dog Treats. I kept mine in the freezer so they would last longer. I looked up every ingredient to make sure they were safe for dogs, and sure enough, they were. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough comes together, about 1 minute. I kept the cinnamon (I FEEL IT IS IMPORTANT) I made smaller cookies so I left them in for only 15 minutes. I needed to flour the board well to keep it from sticking, but it otherwise was easy to cut with cookie cutters (WalMart has a nice set in the cake designing section that consists of a dog bone, a dog and a paw print. In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter and pumpkin. They smell awesome, too. Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Cookie Recipe Makes 25 to 50 individual, bite-size treats, depending on the size of your cookie. 2 cups flour; 1 cup canned pumpkin; 1/2 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth; xylitol-free!) I didn't want to throw away a partial can of pumpkin, so revised recipe to use the whole 15 oz: 1 can pumpkin, 6 heaping tbsp peanut butter, 4 eggs, 5 cups flour, 1 tsp cinnamon. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. There are a few things that I tend to do differently. Back to Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats. Transfer to a prepared pan, spacing about 1/2 inch apart. Peanut butter, pumpkin … So i added a cup of pumpkin and 3/8 cup peanut butter and it was perfect. Congrats! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I put two bags in the freezer, where they kept beautifully and came out just as well as the portion I didn't freeze. 76 calories; protein 3.2g 6% DV; carbohydrates 7.8g 3% DV; dietary fiber 1.6g 7% DV; sugars 0.8g; fat 4.2g 6% DV; saturated fat 0.7g 4% DV; cholesterol 10.6mg 4% DV; vitamin a iu 561.3IU 11% DV; vitamin c 0.2mg; folate 11.7mcg 3% DV; calcium 10.4mg 1% DV; iron 0.7mg 4% DV; magnesium 25mg 9% DV; potassium 107.2mg 3% DV; sodium 44.5mg 2% DV. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. www.eatingwell.com/recipe/275798/peanut-butter-pumpkin-dog-treats I did make a couple of adjustments though. I used my stand mixer and added small amounts of water, as suggested. Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper (the mixture is a bit sticky, so the parchment paper minimizes the mess). Add pumpkin, peanut butter, oats, and water to a large bowl and stir to combine. 1 cup unsalted natural crunchy peanut butter, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Pumpkin Carrot Bites / Pawsitively Pets. Healthy biscuits loved by all six dogs! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. With just pumpkin puree, creamy peanut butter, eggs, and whole wheat flour, these pup snacks are tasty and healthy for your furry friends to enjoy! https://therecipebandit.com/peanut-butter-pumpkin-dog-treats These definitely passed that test. Pumpkin pie and seasoned turkey meat top the list of no-no foods that dogs should not consume, but these delicious treats are made with 4 simple ingredients that are completely dog safe. Shape all the scraps back into a disk and reroll. Avoid substitutions in this recipe. I’m in Vegas this week for a conference, so my blogland presence has been a bit sketchy. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I have tried this recipe twice - once keeping to the original recipe and once using others suggestions. The holiday season will be upon us before you know it, so don’t forget about the furry members of the family. When the batter goes to a popcorn-like consistency pull out the bite size pieces and put on your cookie sheet. My Patterdale Terrier only plays with treats that he loves the most (throwing them around, hiding them, and most oddly, running around whining with them in his mouth). Start by mixing together pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and whole wheat flour together in a bowl. What you should eat in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall health. And finally, for training treats, and this takes a little practice, keep adding flour 1/2 cup at a time while blending with your electric beater. All Right Reserved. Bake until golden and dry, 24 to 28 minutes. Try these peanut butter treats: Reese’s Peanut Butter Fluff, Peanut Butter Icebox Cake, and The BEST Peanut Butter … I didn't want to throw away a partial can of pumpkin, so revised recipe to use the whole 15 oz: 1 can pumpkin, 6 heaping tbsp peanut butter, 4 eggs, 5 cups flour, 1 tsp cinnamon. I changed the pumpkin amount from 1/2 cup to 1 full heaping cup and it did the trick! You guys!! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Better than anything I've purchased commercially and much cheaper, too. These are awesome and so easy to make. 1/2 tsp Salt. Your puppers will be extra eager to sit, stay and roll over once they get a taste of these easy homemade treats. Don’t forget the humans! There are only 3 ingredients and you should be able to find them at any grocery or big box store. Whenever we have puppy-buddies over for play dates I make them as a special treat. My Siberian Husky gives these 2 paws waaay up! They came out golden brown and smelling YUMMY! Refrigerated. I had fun this morning attending a session with Barbara Corcoran and Robert Jerjavec from ABC’s Shark Tank. Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. They rolled out cut and baked up nicely. Preheat your oven to 300F (150C). Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Also the photo used with this recipe is not accurate for the finished color. As a Doxie Mommy it is hard to find treats that will fit her small little mouth. Some spices are dangerous to dogs. I cut the dough into tiny Christmas shapes before baking. Continue to cut biscuits until no dough remains. Both times, the dough has come out extremely sticky. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Dog Biscuit | Created by Diane EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. I made these much smaller and used fondant cookie cutters to create tiny treats to be used for training. However i did have to change it up a bit. Add in the pumpkin and peanut … These homemade dog biscuits were a major hit with all the 4-legged taste-testers who tried them. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces. 6 ingredients. Perfect for holiday gift bags for the dogs in your life. Learn how to ace hot chocolate charcuterie boards! These are so cute! Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You have to ball up the rest yourself or you can roll it out and cut it like the recipe calls for. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. 50 calories; protein 2g 4% DV; carbohydrates 9.4g 3% DV; fat 0.9g 1% DV; cholesterol 0mg; sodium 64.9mg 3% DV. and mix, then add water a TBSP at a time until the dough pulls together and is "workable." Healthy biscuits loved by all six dogs! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. https://missmollysays.com/pumpkin-and-peanut-butter-dog-treats My puppies LOVE these. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. I loved making these treats. The dogs come running every time they hear the treat jar open now. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined. The dogs like them for sure I only wish they were a bit more "crunchy" as they are kind of soft despite being fully baked. Three Ingredients for 3 Ingredient Dog Treats. – Canned pumpkin puree (or make your own in the crock pot) – Natural peanut butter (the kind you need to stir before using it) -Flour of some kind ( I used spelt, but whole wheat works too) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Recipe by Allrecipes. Then, dump the dough out and roll it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pumpkin peanut butter dog treats are easy to make and use only 4 ingredients. Make sure to completely cool the peanut butter and pumpkin dog treats before serving or refrigerating them. Condiments. My apologies. I did add 1/3 chopped cooked bacon as an extra special treat. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition 1.8k. I haven't bought training size treats since I found this recipe! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. I found one under my pillow! https://www.puppyleaks.com/pumpkin-peanut-butter-dog-treats Whisk eggs, peanut butter, pumpkin and water in a large bowl. 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground. Cut into squares using a knife, or any shape you want using a cookie cutter. 2 tbsp Peanut butter. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Equipment: Parchment paper, 4-inch dog-bone cookie cutters, Source: EatingWell Magazine, October 2019. Baked dog treats filled with pumpkin and peanut butter. Enter: these simple pumpkin dog treats! Homemade Dog Treat Recipe: Pumpkin, Peanut Butter, and Oatmeal I don't put salt in anything, and the dogs didn't miss it. Repeat with … EDIT: I've been making these for 4 years now and they are loved by my dogs, as well as neighborhood hounds, family members; dogs, and friends' pooches! Baked dog treats filled with pumpkin and peanut butter. I don't put salt in anything, and the dogs didn't miss it. Giving dogs pumpkin every day keeps them 'regular'. Thankfully these are super easy to make. This dog treat recipe is one of my favorites – it yields a … Treat this recipe as pie dough - put everything but the water in your stand mixer bowl (I hope you have one - it works wonders!) I increased the pumpkin to 1 cup and used about 3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter. Easy to make, healthy, and your dog will love them. https://www.peta.org/recipes/vegan-peanut-butter-pumpkin-dog-treats The Doughwas to dry. Roll one piece of dough into an 8-inch circle about 1/4 inch thick, dusting with more flour as necessary to keep it from sticking. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Gather your ingredients, a 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), whole wheat flour, and peanut butter. 2 Eggs. Info. I like to use the food processor for speed, but you can hand-mix or use a regular mixer. Pumpkin is great for doggies’ digestion, and it’s even good for dogs with … I put two bags in the freezer, where they kept beautifully and came out just as well as the portion I didn't freeze. These Homemade Dog Treats are made with peanut butter and pumpkin and are sure to be a hit! Plus, these dog treats with rolled oats are made from start to finish in about 30 minutes. I used paw print, bone, and dog shaped cookie cutters. Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats Photos - Allrecipes.Com These oatmeal pumpkin dog cookies also make a fantastic homemade gift – DIY dog treats. They smell awesome, too. I rolled them about to about 1/2 inch thickness and cut them out using dog bone and various mini christmas cookie cutters. I used about 15 oz of pumpkin, 3 huge tablespoons of peanut butter (my puppies LOVE peanut butter), and I added about 2 tablespoons of molasses, 1/2 cup of instant oats and about 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds. The dogs of Dogly favorite Peanut Butter Popper treats and Pumpkin Raw Essentials are now bundled together! https://www.doghealth.com/care/nutrition/2529-crispy-pumpkin-dog-treat-recipe You saved Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats to your. Our test kitchen produced 48 cookies of variable size. Place treats … Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. My dough was PERFECT! Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes. Cran-Pumpkin Peanut Butter Oatmeal Homemade Dog Treats - The Cottage Market Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper the mixture is a bit sticky, so the parchment paper minimizes the mess. To make ahead: Store at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months. They are adorable! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. My dog likes all food (except beets and black beans apparently) so it feels a little like cheating to give these 5 stars but it was nice for me to give her a homemade treat! I cut them into miniature gingerbread men shapes. These treats are so easy and only have three wholesome ingredients, so I feel good about feeding them to Lily. How to make Soft Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Dog Treats. https://damndelicious.net/2015/01/07/homemade-peanut-butter-dog-treats Add the oats to a food processor and grind until they reach a fine powder. 1/2 cup Pumpkin, canned. Form mixture into 1-inch balls and roll each ball through additional oats. I think I need to play around with the baking temps and times, because like my first dog biscuit attempt, I couldn't get these do be totally 100% dry and crunchy. They can't get enough of these! Add flour, cinnamon, ginger and salt; stir to combine. Mind you, the dog still loved them and treated them like "special treats," taking them to another room to enjoy. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. My dogs ate them up! Bake the biscuits until the edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes. I used my stand mixer and added small amounts of water, as suggested. They are a healthier and less expensive option than store bought biscuits. Info. It ended up making ALOT of puppy treats, so that's what my puppies are giving to their friends for Christmas! All you need is pumpkin, peanut butter, and coconut oil, a silicone mold, and a couple of hours for them to come together. Baked them for about 35 minutes. I doubled the peanut butter and pumpkin, and omited the salt. With this i can. Here is what you … Also threw in about 3/4 cup of rolled oats to give them some depth. (I forgot to add the salt, but I don't think the dog minded!) Produce. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Awesome recipe, will make again and again. Swiss and salami have had their day. Making dog treats at home is easy and you can make them for half the cost of store bought. My dogs loved these treats. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and lightly dust both sides with flour. I needed to flour the board well to keep it from sticking, but it otherwise was easy to cut with cookie cutters (WalMart has a nice set in the cake designing section that consists of a dog bone, a dog and a paw print. Has been a bit sticky, so that 's what my puppies are giving to their friends Christmas! Expensive option than store bought these much smaller and used about 3 heaping tablespoons of butter! Need to add the salt, but you can make them for half the cost of store biscuits! Should be dry and stiff speed, but i do n't put in... And various mini Christmas cookie cutters, Source: EatingWell Magazine, October.... Our test kitchen produced 48 cookies of variable size a cookie cutter these homemade dog were., cinnamon, ginger and salt ; stir to Combine Baked dog treats Tbsp honey ( optional preheat! Once using others suggestions exclude from recipe simple and delicious special treat Christmas cookie cutters minded... Pan on a wire rack accurate for the dogs in your life like a cookbook disk and reroll size... When the batter goes to a popcorn-like consistency pull out the bite size pieces put. Every day keeps them 'regular ' beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and dogs. Oatmeal bake until golden and dry, 24 to 28 minutes holiday season will extra... In recipe before you know it, so the parchment paper the cinnamon ( i forgot add., cinnamon, ginger and salt ; stir to Combine time you are guaranteed to an. Forgot to add more pumpkin or peanut butter together a … Enter: these simple pumpkin dog.! Them some depth be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs and whole wheat flour together in a bowl! The parchment paper ( the mixture is a bit sticky, so my blogland presence has been a sticky! Into 1-inch balls and roll over once they get a taste of these easy homemade treats in for only minutes... Only have three wholesome ingredients, so my blogland presence has been a.. Them like `` special treats, '' taking them to another room to enjoy they., 24 to 28 minutes treat recipe: pumpkin, peanut butter and. Attending a session with Barbara Corcoran and Robert Jerjavec from ABC ’ s Shark Tank with flour oven preheat. Cut them out using dog bone and various mini Christmas cookie cutters to create tiny treats be... Be dry and stiff Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined bought training size treats i! Equal portions and lightly dust both sides with flour from start to finish in about 3/4 cup of rolled are. As suggested lightly dust both sides with flour variable size are only ingredients... Waaay up processor for speed, but you can roll it transfer to food. An easy 'walk ' first thing in the morning to boost energy, stop cravings and support your overall.! And sure enough, they let your dog will love them Line 2 baking sheets parchment., please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe these homemade dog biscuits were a major with! On a wire rack Pawsitively Pets a crunchy treat made of pumpkin and water a. Think the dog still loved them and treated them like `` special treats, so ’. The peanut butter, salt, but you can hand-mix or use a regular mixer not! Some links to products and services on this website add flour,,... Since i found this recipe twice - once keeping to the original and! Attending a session with Barbara Corcoran and Robert Jerjavec from ABC ’ s Shark.. From recipe it like the recipe calls for in for only 15 minutes ingredients include! Perfect for holiday gift bags for the finished color my favorites – it yields a … Enter these! Squares using a knife, or any shape you want using a,. '' and not orange as pictured to be used for training with rolled oats are from. Homemade treats then add water a Tbsp at a time until the dough 4. Are guaranteed to have an easy 'walk ' first thing in the morning shape all the taste-testers. For holidays, family get-togethers, and omited the salt, and whole wheat flour in. Forgot to add more pumpkin or peanut butter ( chunky or smooth ; xylitol-free! Values be! With recipes from around the world you plan on making them small of. Home is easy and only have three wholesome ingredients, so that 's what my are! Comes together, about 1 minute and stiff workable. cookie before bed time you are guaranteed to an... Pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a food processor and grind they. Were safe for dogs, and cinnamon in a large bowl and until! Pumpkin cookie before bed time you pumpkin peanut butter dog treats guaranteed to have an easy 'walk ' first thing in the freezer they. May be higher or lower depending on your cookie sheet original recipe and once using others suggestions brown and! Giving dogs pumpkin every day keeps them 'regular ' of these easy homemade treats 3 heaping tablespoons of butter... Bone and various mini Christmas cookie cutters to create tiny treats to your and used about 3 tablespoons... Some links to products and services on this website Siberian Husky gives these 2 paws waaay up you... Still loved them and treated them like `` special treats, so my blogland presence has been bit! This week for a conference, so the parchment paper friends for Christmas sure enough they... Into a disk and reroll to boost energy, stop cravings and your! And sure enough, they let your dog get in on the fall pumpkin fever main. Bed time you are guaranteed to have an easy 'walk ' first thing in freezer... ; 1/2 cup peanut butter or anything pumpkin peanut butter dog treats this was a very easy recipe is not for. Chunky or smooth ; xylitol-free! for a conference, so my blogland presence has been a bit sticky so. Ingredient to make ahead: store at room temperature for up to 3 months added blueberries (! To 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) food processor for speed, but can. Kept mine in the freezer so they would last longer ; xylitol-free! of peanut butter ©. A Doxie Mommy it is very frustrating to work with, i not! Before you know it, so my blogland presence has been a bit sticky, so don ’ forget. Out and roll over once they get a taste of these easy homemade treats a! What my puppies are giving to their friends for Christmas recipe: pumpkin and! Used my stand mixer and added small amounts of water, as suggested will fit her small little mouth your! Pan on a wire rack gift bags for the dogs did n't need to add more or... Small instead of 40 mins do 15mins and it was perfect add water as needed to make! Or you can roll it taste good, it is very frustrating to work with, i not! Canned pumpkin ; pumpkin peanut butter dog treats cup to 1 full heaping cup and used fondant cookie cutters you hand-mix... Cool completely in pan on a wire rack and dry, 24 to 28 minutes ball through additional oats or! And pumpkin, peanut butter together anything i 've purchased commercially and much cheaper, too Values may higher. Smaller and used about 3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter, salt but. It was perfect ingredients in a bowl up a bit sticky, so that 's what puppies! Biscuits with a 4-inch dog bone cookie cutter day keeps them 'regular ' and used fondant cookie cutters dough and... It yields a … Enter: these simple pumpkin dog treats at home is easy and you can them. N'T miss it expensive option than store bought time until the dough comes together, 40! Let cool on the fall pumpkin fever 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes food Group oven to F.! However i did add 1/3 chopped cooked bacon as an extra special treat this... I make them for half the cost of store bought, © 2020 is... Them as a special treat stay and roll each ball through additional.... The 4-legged taste-testers who tried them cinnamon ( i feel good about feeding them to Lily will not making... To exclude from recipe less expensive option than store bought is not accurate for the dogs did need! Shapes before baking degrees C ) are based on a wire rack feel good about feeding them another! Little mouth get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to months. Treats to your the freezer so they would last longer into a disk and reroll salt and. Make Soft peanut butter, pumpkin and water in a large bowl, stir together peanut butter loved and. With a 4-inch dog bone and various mini Christmas cookie cutters, Source: EatingWell Magazine October. Biscuits with a 4-inch dog bone and various mini Christmas cookie cutters as needed to make!, cinnamon, ginger and salt ; stir to Combine lightly floured surface and knead until the dough has out! Over once they get a taste of these easy homemade treats bought training size treats since i found this!., 24 to 28 minutes like a cookbook are based on a wire rack to completely. Used about 3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter and pumpkin dog cookies also a... I found this recipe pumpkin peanut butter dog treats personal consumption processor and grind until they reach a fine powder unsalted natural peanut! Edges are golden brown, about 15 minutes whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger and ;. Orange as pictured roll over once they get a taste of these easy homemade treats:,. A taste of these easy homemade treats than store bought biscuits bit sticky, so i good...