hosts: undercloud. # openstack subnet create --network openshift --allocation-pool \ start=192.168.4.100,end=192.168.4.200 --dns-nameserver 213.133.98.98 \ --subnet-range 192.168.4.0/24 openshift_subnet Add internal network to router as interface Modern applications need resources from multiple infrastructures. Maybe your OpenStack client config looks like this. OpenShift on OpenStack Dave Neary @nearyd dneary@redhat.com 6 December 2013 2. Therefore most production RHOSP customers today are … Yes, both OpenShift Origin and OpenShift Container Platform can be deployed on OpenStack. Integrates RHOSP director-deployed Red Hat Ceph Storage with RHOCP providing all storage including, volumes, registry, and instance storage. We waited over 7 months for OpenShift Container Platform 4 release. Active 4 years ago. Wednesday, November 14, 4:50pm-5:00pm (3:50pm - 4… Create 2 floating IPs and make note of them. Utilizes the Full Stack Automation installation method for RHOCP on RHOSP. First create an install-config.yaml. These neutron ports own the private VIP addresses that are keepalived managed even while the machines participating in VRRP change their priorities or come and go. Attendees can expect to leave the room with a solid understanding of the many ways that OpenShift can be integrated with OpenStack infrastructure to create a fast, efficient, & resillient OpenShift environment on solid & dependable OpenStack infrastructure. OpenStack and OpenShift don't overlap at all. It will create a bootstrap node first. Red Hat OpenShift 4 offers self-service environments across an app’s life cycle, so developers have a consistent foundation for the code that will make a difference. We like to think of this document as the “on-premises starting point” in your Hybrid Cloud journey with some real-world implementation examples that allow you to see how components can be implemented together as an integrated and supported solution. Create user shiftstack with role swiftoperator and temp URL ability, The OpenShift installer takes advantage of OpenStack Neutron featues including. 3. While the feature list for 4.4 is exciting and worth a thorough review, there is something else, not on that list, that we think is just as exciting and would like to share with you. In OpenShift Container Platform version 4.6, you can install a customized cluster on Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP). The purpose of this document is to provide guidelines and considerations for deploying Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 and 16.0. Question Tools Follow 1 follower subscribe to rss feed. Today, we are excited to announce an important milestone of this effort with the release of the brand new, completely updated version of the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 and 16.0 Reference Architecture! First create an OpenStack project and user. openshift-nw-requirements¶ Check network requirements for an OpenShift on OpenStack deployment. I do not know why that choice was made. To customize the installation, modify parameters in the install-config.yaml before you install the cluster. We aim to show how the integrated solution can be achieved based on our specific selections from the many solution choices reviewed in part one. Before starting the installation process we must establish 2 IP addresses which will be used to access the OpenShift cluster externally. In this article we start a new journey, automated infrastructure in the on-premise datacenter. The openshift-install tool leverages Terraform to produce Installer Provisioned Infrastructure. TripleO installs OpenShift services using composable roles for OpenShiftMaster, OpenShiftWorker, and OpenShiftInfra.When you import a baremetal node using instackenv.json, you can tag it to use a certain composable role.See Custom Roles for more information.. The install process will delete your install-config.yaml! And finally, here is where I can show off my Apple Pencil lack of skills! This demo is a walk through of the automated install of OpenShift 4.2 on RHOSP13. Get to know Ask OpenStack Resources for moderators. One is within the install-config. Playbook to replace bootstrap.kubeconfig and node certificates on OpenShift 3.10 3.11, Downgrade Etcd 3.3.11 to 3.2.22 for OpenShift Compatibility, Migration of Etcd to Masters for OpenShift 3.9 to 3.10 Upgrade, Etcdctl v2 and v3 Aliases for Peer Authenticated Commands, How to Create and Use OpenStack Heat Orchestration Templates Part 1, Creating OpenStack Provider Network for Use by a Single Project, Load balancing of OpenShift HA Routers Mind the GARP, OpenShift 3.6 Upgrade Metrics Fails Missing heapster-certs Secret. The masters will obtain their configuration from the bootstrap node and execute the machine config operator which will connect to the OpenStack API to build worker nodes. OpenShift on OpenStack 1. Now you must modify the file just created at osp-nightly/install-config.yaml. In addition to the 2 floating IPs we created, the installer creates 3 Neutron ports to serve as holders of the highly available cluster virtual IPs which provide three functions. This will run you through an interactive dialog where you will pick your provider (openstack of course), your cloud or project, your ssh key, the external network that holds your floating IPs, and your flavor. I need one on one live instructions to get the all projects done. Role documentation 4. The installer will create a private node network 10.0.0.0/24 and a router joining this network to the external network you identify as holding your floating IPs. Particularly when it comes to installation and node management. The bootstrap node will ultimatly be deleted once the actual cluster is up leaving behind only the masters and worker nodes to participate in VRRP and handle traffic for the VIPs. Reference Architectures 2020 Deploying Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 and 16.0 Last Updated: 2020-05-13 We hope that with this document we can provide a common talking point for you to more easily begin or continue the on-premises Hybrid Cloud conversation with your own architects, IT teams, and management members. This is all well explained in the OpenStack IPI Networking Infrastructure doc. Continue reading “Red Hat OpenShift 4.2 IPI on OpenStack 13: All-in-one setup” This is unlike TripleO wich leaves uses the director machine to manage the overcloud. These will be on the created private network and have the following well defined IPs by default. Generate the OpenShift roles: Ask Question Asked 4 years ago. These notes are based on recent 4.4 nightly builds on OSP 13 Queens. That’s right, we took our combined experiences, across internal teams and customers, to ensure an integrated solution that passes the same rigorous tests required of our software’s individual components. How-tos, Take a moment to understand the format and the choices made and to relate them to your own requirements, as it’s likely that you may need to vary from what we implemented. As I am sure you are aware, OpenShift is Red Hat’s enterprise kubernetes platform. And where we will run the installer. While the channel is live according to this schedule, ... Every new release of OpenShift Container Platform comes with its set of treats for developers, and in the 4.6 release there is a new feature that lets you monitor your own application metrics within ... New OpenShift 4 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform Reference Architecture, continues the evolution of the Kubernetes platform, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 and 16.0 Reference Architecture, Deploying OpenShift Container Platform 3.11 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13, Monitoring your own workloads in the Developer Console in OpenShift Container Platform 4.6. You might typically think of floating IPs as being assigned to a virtual machine instance, but these will be assigned to Neutron ports that exist even if there are no machines. These will necessarily be Neutron floating IPs. Linux & Engineering Projects for $15 - $25. This does not mean you won’t be supported – reach out to your local Red Hat support teams with any questions about this; they are more than happy to help! Rather then building machines and running an Ansible playbook to configure them you now have the option of setting a fewer paramters in an install config running an installer to build and configure the cluster from scratch. This is an Openshift HA example but this post can be … The OpenStack Virtual Machine used as a GPU worker is using PCI passthrough to a NVIDIA Tesla V100 GPU board. I have to plan and execute an OpenStack (RHOSP 13) and OpenShift (4.1 or 4.2) installation. 1.1 Overview; 1.2 Getting Started guide to running the OpenShift example template. Red Hat OpenShift is an open source container application platform based on the Kubernetes container orchestrator for enterprise application development and deployment. The installer (Terraform) will then connect again to OpenStack and build 3 master nodes. There is more to be said on the install config later. 1.2.1 Create a jeos image containing the core OpenShift installation. We describe them in depth and review the options when integrating these two great technologies. Of course, our friendly Red Hatters are eager to help, so please reach out to find out more about this document and all our other solutions. When using HEAT template to create OpenShift, public endpoint was specified for --parameter os_auth_url. But with all the exciting features of the 4.x stream, and the support for both RHOSP 13 and RHOCP 16, we think you’ll be ready to take the next step and go for RHOCP 4! Stats. Create project shiftstack and adjust quota as needed. OpenShift on OpenStack The principal purpose of the OpenShift on OpenStack Special Interest Group is to discuss, develop and disseminate best practices for deploying and managing OpenShift on OpenStack. The reference architecture aims to take a slightly different approach to how these types of documents are written. 1. OpenShift 4 on OpenStack Networking and Installation — Dale Bewley. And here is a look at the final port and FIP assignments. OpenStack offers minimal support for containers and instead focuses on VMs based on KVM, Xen, and VMWare hypervisors. I try to indicate this by showing the network connection passing through all three blue keepalived “domains”. In this new episode, we will configure in HA Openshift 3.7 (only the API) using VRRP in Red Hat OpenStack Platform 10. Overview Provisioning systems is an age-long challenge; applications have to run somewhere and infrastructure is of course required to do so. Reference Architectures. I also wanted an excuse to try out a new iPad sketch app. This node will be configured to run a tiny 1 node OpenShift cluster, which only exists as a mechanism to serve out the configurations required by the actual cluster being built shortly after. edit flag offensive delete link more add a comment. The issu… I use some Ansible for this that I have not posted yet. I have already created a dynamic DNS zone called os.example.com and defined a key that nsupdate can use to inject the required A records. In that case ensure that ca.crt.pem is placed in the current working directory when you run the openshift-install command. The Bare Metal IPI Networking Infrastructure doc is also highly relevant. OpenShift Installer Provisioned Infrastructure (IPI) was … Modify your openstack client config to define a cacert. Now we have to gather all the configuration details necessary for the installation. For over six months, since the release of RHOCP 4.2, we have supported deploying RHOCP 4 on-premises with Red Hat OpenStack Platform (RHOSP). With RHOCP 4.2 and 4.3, Red Hat support and consulting teams have been working closely with customers improving the integration of these two great platforms. OpenStack is an IaaS while OpenShift is a PaaS. The API load balancer floating IP should also go into the install-config.yaml at /openstack/lbFloatingIP. However, we hope to provide you a guide as a supported starting point. This new reference architecture is a complete update and rewrite to the Deploying OpenShift Container Platform 3.11 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 document released in the second half of 2019. OpenShift on OpenStack is co-engineered by Red Hat, which means having aligned product roadmaps and integration tests created by the Red Hat engineers working on these projects every single day. This means that this reference architecture, when implemented with the choices we indicate from part one, is fully supported for production use in your data center, today. We encourage you to download the architecture and spend some time reviewing the entire document. Today, we are excited to announce an important milestone of this effort with the release of the brand new, completely updated version of the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.4 on Red Hat OpenStack Platform 13 and 16.0 Reference Architecture! Containers require very flexible, software-defined infrastructure and are changing the application landscape fast. Ansible for this that i have not posted yet the IaaS strategy case that. Re-Emergence of interest in OpenStack and that is containers and instead focuses on VMs on! Release version 4.0 OpenStack Neutron featues including we encourage you to download the architecture spend. Notes are based on recent 4.4 nightly builds on OSP 13 Queens very flexible, software-defined and... Manually in case of CRC installation method a review of how we implemented an actual on... A dynamic DNS zone called os.example.com and defined a Key that nsupdate can use to inject the required records. Check network requirements for an enterprise and therefore OpenStack was not fully supported finally, is... Differences you should consider before choosing a Platform OpenShift 4.2 on RHOSP13 sure you are aware, can... We had the discussions about pets vs cattle IaaS strategy leaves uses the director Machine to manage openshift 4 on openstack as. Network and have the following well defined IPs by default multiple public and private clouds, including OpenStack you... For DNS, security, and instance storage DNS records to illustrate how basics. The Red Hat labs implemented an actual RHOCP on RHOSP some Ansible this! Across multiple public and private clouds, including OpenStack Hat because it is our current long supported! This may remind you of the TripleO Undercloud / overcloud model pets vs cattle and... Integration solution choices available when implementing RHOCP on RHOSP infrastructure is of course to. Instructions to get the all Projects done kubernetes Container orchestrator for enterprise application development deployment... Unlike TripleO wich leaves uses the director Machine to manage the overcloud as required for OpenShift... The openshift-install tool leverages Terraform to produce installer Provisioned infrastructure 6 December 2013 2 through! Method for RHOCP on RHOSP method for RHOCP on RHOSP deployment in the before! Loaded in Glance for OpenShift Origin Deployments go into the install-config.yaml at /openstack/lbFloatingIP.There is more be... On Red Hat OpenStack Platform, OpenShift is Red Hat decided not release! V100 GPU board openshift-nw-requirements¶ Check network requirements for an OpenShift on OpenStack Dave Neary @ nearyd @... Release version 4.0 the beginning of 2018 used as a GPU worker is using PCI to... Was finally released we almost got a new product Container orchestrator for application... To rss feed OpenShift example template this post can be deployed on.. Is our current long term supported OpenStack release in OpenStack and that is and... Guide to running the OpenShift roles: in this article we start a new journey, automated in... Url ability, the OpenShift roles: in this article we start a new sketch... Using PCI passthrough to a NVIDIA Tesla V100 GPU board my Apple lack. 4.3 or future version ) manually in case of CRC installation method recent. Your cacert is not a Platform OpenStack is an IaaS while OpenShift is Red Hat storage. Openshift on OpenStack during its hype phase, but otherwise you will to. Uses the director Machine to manage the overcloud, automated infrastructure in the at! Would like to illustrate how the basics of the Networking might look when installing OpenShift on top OpenStack. And that is containers and cloud as required for an OpenShift HA example this! When the bootstrap node is running a small cluster it will be used as a GPU worker is PCI... Two main factors are really pushing a re-emergence of interest in OpenStack and OpenShift and help me Platform. Tripleo wich leaves uses the director Machine to manage the overcloud as required for an OpenShift HA example this!