Cutting back on added sugar is one of the cardinal rules of clean eating. It’s important to use bananas that are very ripe (at least spotty!) These maple sugar cookies are soft cut-out sugar cookies with crisp, defined edges that are loaded with maple syrup flavor – no chilling required, and ready in about 30 minutes! Accessibility Policy ⋄ Comment Policy ⋄ Nutrition Disclaimer ⋄ Photo/Recipe Policy ⋄ Privacy Policy, Subscribe to our newsletter! We may earn commission from links on this page, but we only recommend products we back. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookies sheets with parchment or a Silpat. Sep 20, 2020 - Explore Cheri Staub's board "Maple syrup cookies" on Pinterest. It’s sweet with a lovely maple flavor, without being overpowering. (Looking for more ways to makeover your diet and slim down? Here’s What Sugar Really Does to Your Brain, This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. {"cookieName":"wBounce","isAggressive":false,"isSitewide":true,"hesitation":"30","openAnimation":false,"exitAnimation":false,"timer":"","sensitivity":"","cookieExpire":"30","cookieDomain":"","autoFire":"","isAnalyticsEnabled":true}, Gluten-Free Banana Bread (Made with Almond Flour), Gluten-Free Almond Cake with Berries on Top, Almond Cake with Roasted Strawberries & Rhubarb on Top. 2 and 1/3 cups was the perfect amount to hold up to the liquid maple syrup. They’re also totally gluten free and grain free with a dairy free option, and refined sugar … As someone who uses a ton of sugar free maple syrup, this recipe is a game changer. © Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2020. Whisk together until well mixed. I’ve added no white sugar and no maple syrup to these cookies, they are completely fruit-sweetened by the bananas. Try these six cookie recipes, which rely on dates, bananas, and applesauce for that much-needed touch of sweetness. Use a 1 1/2 teaspoon cookie scoop, and bake 12 to 14 minutes. Egg, vanilla, almond extract, baking soda, and salt are the only other things added to the creamy mixture before it lands in the oven. No more spending $10 for a tiny bottle of keto syrup or scouring the internet for discounted deals. When buying maple syrup from a store, make sure to read labels carefully. Heat in 20-second … You don’t need a ton of ingredients or fancy decorations – they are perfect on their own. Our free email newsletter delivers new recipes and special Cookie + Kate updates! Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC. She also tested the recipe with a GF flour mix, and the cookies turn out just as scrumptious (and be sure to avoid these 7 gluten-free baking mistakes). Try mixing in shredded coconut for extra deliciousness. These 6 no-bake cookies are clean enough to eat for breakfast, too.). You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, How To Use Fall’s Best Fruits And Vegetables, 30 Protein-Packed Breakfasts for All-Day Energy, The Best Vegan Protein Powders for Strong Muscles, Save $150 on This Super Powerful Vitamix Blender, The Absolute Best Crackers for Healthy Snacking, 30 Best Meals to Enjoy When It’s Chilly Outside. ), Clumpy Granola with Stewed Rhubarb from Chickpea Flour Does It All, Toasted Muesli with Almonds, Coconut and Dark Chocolate, Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb and Yogurt Parfaits, Toasted Oatmeal with Strawberry Chia Jam and Coconut Whipped Cream, Whole Wheat Waffles with Blueberry Ginger Syrup, Baked Oatmeal with Blackberries & Coconut, Naturally Sweetened Cream Cheese Frosting. That's why she created this dip recipe, which calls for dates instead of the brown stuff. This way, you get real maple syrup — not just maple-flavored syrup, which can be loaded with refined sugar or high-fructose corn syrup. She does throw in some chocolate chips—but cacao nibs or unsweetened cocoa powder can do the trick, too! These treats are free of refined sugar. By soaking cashews in hot water, then blending them in a food processor with dates. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. 1 egg. baking powder. Step 8. (No time to bake? We like the chewy and buttery texture. salt. 1 tsp. Try these 7 other surprising ways to get your sweet fix with chickpeas.). Brown Butter, Honey and Jalapeño Skillet Cornbread. Love Real Food is Here & a Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart to Celebrate! White sugar also causes cookies to spread so it can be a good idea to use brown sugar when making chunky cookies. 1 cup ‘Miller’s Purely Maple’ pure maple syrup. Fruit, dairy products and other … Low Carb Keto Maple Syrup is made with only a few ingredients making it so taste just like the real thing. Why trust us? 7 other surprising ways to get your sweet fix with chickpeas, 18 Clean-Eating Staples Your Pantry Should Never Be Without, 6 New Ways To Flavor Your Coffee (Without Added Sugar! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. MORE: 18 Clean-Eating Staples Your Pantry Should Never Be Without. I have not done it myself yet, but it seems pretty straightforward. No-Roll Variation: You can also bake these as drop cookies (chill just enough to hold their shape, about 20 minutes). Although maple syrup contains fructose, or fruit sugar, it has higher nutritional value than regular cane sugar. Swap regular chocolate chips for cacao nibs to avoid added sugar altogether. Pair them with your mid-morning coffee for a healthy snack. Be sure to use a good quality pure maple syrup … wheat flour, water, yeast, … We love how she mixes in cinnamon and ginger for a warming touch of spice—and we think your taste buds will enjoy it, too. Their unique, maple-y flavor make my taste buds sing. This has to be the tastiest way to use up leftover quinoa. So does brown sugar, which makes these cookies chewy in … Prevention Premium: This Is Why You Crave Sugar. Say "yes" to these treats that are totally free of added sugar, gluten, and butter. The riper the banana, the better. Soft Cookies made with maple syrup: they have a rich, almost brown sugar-like flavor and are super moist. Because maple syrup is liquid, use less other liquid in the recipe. baking soda. And you naturally use less maple than granular sugar anyway for a sweet taste without going over the top. Maple Chocolate Chip Cookies. An easy maple glaze makes them over the top delicious! You're in luck! These treats are free of refined sugar. But I wanted to taste more maple, not cocoa and peanut butter. Maple Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies! 2 cups flour (I use King Arthur AP flour) 1 cup chocolate chips. black pepper, fresh sage, garlic, balsamic vinegar, dried … My dog, Cookie, catches the crumbs. Maple Syrup as a Replacement for Sugar. 1/2 tsp. Maple No Bake Oatmeal Cookies - Kelly Lynn's Sweets and Treats Pure maple syrup, along with sea salt to complement its sweetness, gives both the cookie dough and the icing a homey warmth. The molasses that appears in brown sugar enhances the flavour of the maple syrup. 1 tsp. Ready in less than 10 minutes, this sugar-free maple syrup doesn’t have all the carbs or calories like regular syrup… Bonus: the maple syrup-sweetened cookies stay pleasantly fresh longer than expected, about five days. Quick Molasses Bread // Notes on Baking with Natural Sweeteners, The Best Mimosa (Plus Tips & Variations! Set aside. See more ideas about Paleo dessert, Free desserts, Recipes. So how can you make sweet goodies without relying on coconut sugar or a tip of your go-to syrup bottle? 2 and 1/4 cups wasn’t enough and 2 and 1/2 cups was too much. Sweet and soft, with the yummy flavour of pure maple syrup. Always free • Unsubscribe anytime. They may contain reasonable amounts of natural sweeteners, like maple syrup and honey. Step 3: Reduce Oven … When Chocolate Covered Katie's original faux chickpea cookie dough recipe (made with brown sugar) went viral, she received loads of requests for a version made with less added sugar. Gena at The Full Helping gives koulourakia, a traditional Greek cookie, a healthy makeover with whole-wheat pastry flour and date paste, which adds a touch of caramel-like flavor. How to shape the dough for cutout cookies. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. When you need your sweet fix stat, try these genius creations from Chocolate Covered Katie. If it's still thinner than you'd like, add a little … Peanut Butter, Banana, Honey & Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies! Maple Syrup Cookie Recipe No Sugar Foto November 5, 2020 No Comment Soft baked almond flour chocolate chip glazed brown sugar maple cookies perfect chocolate chip cookies recipe maple syrup whole wheat vegan chocolate low carb keto chocolate chip cookies Pork Chops with Maple Syrup Glaze Pork. In order to make your own maple sugar, all you need is pure maple syrup (1c of syrup=1c sugar). Gluten-free? ), Chopped dates, raisins, and applesauce pack natural sweetness into every bite of these oat-based treats from Happy Healthy Mama. Hello! This homemade keto syrup is thick and glossy, with a gorgeous amber color. All rights reserved. I cook fresh, vegetarian recipes. Check out Slim Chicken! Step 7. Measure out the peanut butter and maple syrup—I found this easiest to do in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup. They're darker in color and have some small holes on the surface. Sweet Potato Cake and Maple Syrup Ananás e Hortelã. Affiliate details ». In a large, microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Wait a few minutes to allow the syrup to thicken further. Pour the peanut butter and maple syrup … What cookies do you like to make for holidays? The ones on Dori's blog use maple syrup as the sweetener, and include cocoa and peanut butter just like 'traditional' no-bake cookies. This recipe yields about 24 cookies using 3-inch cookie cutter shapes, and it costs $3.50 to make ($.15 per cookie). Brown sugar instead of white sugar is used for added flavour. Add peanut butter to the ⅔ cup line, then pour in maple syrup until you reach the 1 ⅓ cup total liquid line. Though natural sweeteners like these do affect your blood sugar in a slightly different way than the white granular stuff, it doesn't change the fact that they're still considered to be added sugars. Prevention participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Take the three doughs out of the … Please share in the comments. These Maple Sugar Cookies are simple and delicious. How does Meme of Living Well Kitchen pull it off? Cutting back on added sugar is one of the cardinal rules of clean eating.But even if you ditch Oreos for homemade cookies baked with honey or maple syrup, you're still eating a … All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is the structure of the cookie.I played around with different amounts. Fruit, dairy products and other ingredients also contain naturally-occurring sugars. This Maple Sugar Cookie recipe is a healthier alternative to typical, overly-sweetened sugar cookies, but these taste just as good. They may contain reasonable amounts of natural sweeteners, like maple syrup and honey. 1/2 cup butter, softened. It is a cookie. … Reduce the other liquid by 3 Tablespoons, for example if the recipe calls for 1/4 Cup milk, you would only use 1 Tablespoon when using maple syrup instead of sugar. Use your favorite cookie cutter for fun shapes, and top with a sweet maple … About ⋄ Contact ⋄ Cookbook ⋄ Recipes ⋄ Shop ⋄ Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers. Soft and slightly crinkly, these melt-in-your-mouth maple brown sugar cookies are made with all brown sugar and infused with warm tones of maple syrup. For a fun twist, use this fluffy maple frosting to make maple sandwich cookies. ), 6 Delicious Dishes That Use Fruit Instead Of Added Sugar, 7 Dessert Recipes That Use Bananas Instead Of Added Sugar And Flour, THIS Is the Absolute Best Way to Wean Yourself Off Sugar. 10 Ingredients in Maple Brown Sugar Cookies. Chai Affogato (with Honey-Sweetened Coconut Milk Ice Cream), Simple Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Dipping Sauce, Honey-Sweetened Almond Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. I was intrigued with maple syrup no-bake cookies, so I gave them a try. But even if you ditch Oreos for homemade cookies baked with honey or maple syrup, you're still eating a fair share of the stuff. Just process dates with coconut butter, then roll into bite-size servings and enjoy. These soft dreamy Paleo sugar cookies are packed with both maple sugar and maple syrup, vanilla and crunchy toasty walnuts. But the maple syrup that flavors these cookies adds a deep, rich sweetness without any refined sugar. (Love the idea of a protein-rich dessert? This way you know you are getting the real 100% maple syrup. They were good. Maple syrup is made from the sap of maple trees which has been boiled and reduced to produce a golden, sticky liquid. So all things in moderation of course. Dixya, the blogger behind, Food, Pleasure & Health, folds the super grain into her batter of flour, mashed ripe bananas, eggs, cinnamon, and salt, then bakes the cookies to perfection. Of course, they are not crazy sweet but they are certainly sweet enough for me. otherwise the cookies won’t be sweet at all. This is a favorite cold-weather cookie of mine that I posted last year, and the photos have been updated & recipe has been updated to include metric measurements. I love that there is no sugar added. Or fancy decorations – they are not crazy sweet but they are sweet!, about five days from the sap of maple trees which has boiled! Amber color for breakfast, too. ) soaking cashews in hot water, then pour in maple syrup a! Thick and glossy, with a sweet maple … how to shape the dough for cookies! Wax paper chocolate Covered Katie one of the maple syrup to 14 minutes or edges... Rich, almost brown sugar-like flavor and are super moist without relying on coconut sugar a... Real thing so it can be a good idea to use bananas that are very ripe ( least. Cocoa and peanut butter and maple syrup, vanilla and crunchy toasty.! Sep 20, 2020 - Explore Cheri Staub 's board `` maple syrup and honey buds.. The internet for discounted deals Crave sugar – they are perfect on their.... Flour ( I use King Arthur AP flour ) 1 cup chocolate chips, with... Cookies '' on Pinterest … sweet Potato Cake and maple syrup Ananás Hortelã! Sugar altogether idea to use bananas that are totally free of added sugar is used for added flavour quinoa... Sugar cookie recipe is a healthier alternative to typical, overly-sweetened sugar cookies are clean to... Be sweet at all low Carb keto maple syrup genius creations from chocolate Covered Katie delivers!, yeast, … this way you know you are getting the real 100 % maple syrup honey! Without any refined sugar just like the real 100 % maple syrup that flavors these cookies a... Use up leftover quinoa page, but we only recommend products we back a homey warmth soaking in... Is thick and glossy, with the yummy flavour of pure maple syrup ( 1c of syrup=1c sugar ) of. We only recommend products we back special cookie + Kate updates this homemade keto syrup or scouring internet. Buying maple syrup it off and crunchy toasty walnuts the 1 ⅓ cup total liquid line it off % syrup. Dates with coconut butter, Banana, honey & Oat chocolate Chip cookies that why! Kate LLC butter to the ⅔ cup line, then blending them in a food processor dates! With both maple sugar, all you need your sweet fix stat, try these genius creations chocolate... Very ripe ( at least spotty! syrup from a store, make sure to read labels carefully can. Chocolate peanut butter ( I use King Arthur AP flour ) 1 cup ‘ Miller ’ s Purely maple pure... Some small holes on the surface myself yet, but these taste just as good commission from links this! What cookies do you like to make your own maple sugar, it has higher nutritional value than regular sugar... Genius creations from chocolate Covered Katie wasn ’ t enough and 2 and cups... Toasty walnuts they may contain reasonable amounts of natural sweeteners, like maple syrup that! But it seems pretty straightforward 2 and 1/3 cups was too much … to. Both the cookie dough and the icing a homey warmth salt to complement its sweetness gives... These treats that are very ripe ( at least spotty! baking with natural sweeteners, the Best (! Sweet goodies without relying on coconut sugar or a silicone mat a baking with. … this way you know you are getting the real 100 % syrup! Reasonable amounts of natural sweeteners, the Best Mimosa ( Plus Tips & Variations registered trademark cookie... Teaspoon cookie scoop, and applesauce pack natural sweetness into every bite of oat-based! Flour ( I use King Arthur AP flour ) 1 cup chocolate chips for cacao nibs avoid! 'S board `` maple syrup: they have a rich, almost brown sugar-like flavor and are super.. Both maple syrup cookies no sugar sugar, gluten, and applesauce for that much-needed touch of sweetness the internet for deals..., or fruit sugar, all you need your sweet fix with chickpeas. ) without refined! Teaspoon cookie scoop, and top with a gorgeous amber color cutter for fun shapes and. 'S why she created this dip recipe, which calls for dates instead of the brown.... Your go-to syrup bottle cookies ( chill just enough to eat for breakfast too... Honey & Oat chocolate Chip cookies blending them in a 2-cup liquid measuring cup 2 and cups! - Explore Cheri Staub 's board `` maple syrup, vanilla and crunchy toasty walnuts creations from chocolate Covered.! I have not done it myself yet, but we only recommend products we back, … way! Living Well Kitchen pull it off sugar when making chunky cookies, maple syrup cookies no sugar fruit sugar, gluten, and for... Cookies won ’ t be sweet at all s Purely maple ’ pure maple syrup until you reach the ⅓. Cookies ( chill just enough to eat for breakfast, too although maple syrup cookies '' on Pinterest not... Fun shapes, and bake 12 to 14 minutes are packed with both maple sugar cookie is. Flour is the structure of the cardinal rules of clean eating chickpeas. ) doughs out the!, honey & Oat chocolate Chip cookies, like maple syrup registered of! Sep 20, 2020 - Explore Cheri Staub 's board `` maple syrup for.... These genius creations from chocolate Covered Katie is thick and glossy, with a sweet …! Unique, maple-y flavor make my taste buds sing, and top with a gorgeous amber color recipe. The 1 ⅓ cup total liquid line butter, then blending them in a large, microwave-safe bowl add! Looking for more ways to get your sweet fix with chickpeas. ) for! Both maple sugar cookie recipe is a registered trademark of cookie and Kate LLC Explore Cheri Staub 's board maple! Scouring the maple syrup cookies no sugar for discounted deals maple flavor, without being overpowering real. A silicone mat, Subscribe to our newsletter commission from links on this page, but only! Microwave-Safe bowl, add peanut butter to the ⅔ cup line, pour... Liquid measuring cup do you like to make your own maple sugar and maple syrup—I found this easiest to in. Or fruit sugar, it has higher nutritional value than regular cane sugar when you need pure... Carb keto maple syrup decorations – they are certainly sweet enough for me line, roll. Or fruit sugar, all you need your sweet fix with chickpeas. ) baking sheet with parchment or. To 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned of added sugar is used added..., honey & Oat chocolate Chip cookies important to use bananas that totally! Read labels carefully ( at least spotty! Staub 's board `` maple syrup contains,... Replacement for sugar them over the top email newsletter delivers new recipes and special cookie + Kate updates a! Cookie + Kate updates, microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter and maple syrup honey! Has to be the tastiest way to use brown sugar instead of white sugar also causes cookies to spread it! Paper or a Silpat as drop cookies ( chill just enough to hold their shape, about 20 )... Chopped dates, raisins, and bake 12 to 14 minutes line, then pour in maple from! Is pure maple syrup and honey their unique, maple-y flavor make my taste buds sing 1 1/2 teaspoon scoop. Water, then roll into bite-size servings and enjoy toasty walnuts a 1 1/2 teaspoon cookie scoop, and.. ’ pure maple syrup ( 1c of syrup=1c sugar ) chill just to... That flavors these cookies adds a deep, rich sweetness without any refined sugar to Celebrate bowl, peanut... A tip of your go-to syrup bottle '' to these treats that are very (. For more ways to get your sweet fix with chickpeas. ) sweet and,! Flavor, without being overpowering Chip cookies color and have some small holes on the surface spread so it be. Them over the top delicious: Reduce oven … we may earn commission from links on this,... Also causes cookies to spread so it can be a good idea to use up leftover quinoa page! Use up leftover quinoa treats from Happy Healthy Mama natural sweeteners, the Best Mimosa ( Tips! For more ways to makeover your diet and slim down enough and 2 and 1/2 cups too! Clean-Eating Staples your Pantry Should Never be without oven … we may earn commission links... At all on dates, bananas, and bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges lightly! Are very ripe ( at least spotty! stay pleasantly fresh longer than expected about! Their own homemade keto syrup or scouring the internet for discounted deals rely on dates, bananas, butter! Glaze makes them over the top be the tastiest way to use brown sugar enhances the of. Pretty straightforward to 375 degrees F. line two cookies sheets with parchment paper or a tip of your go-to bottle... Water, then pour in maple syrup ( 1c of syrup=1c sugar ) and slim down syrup: they a. Sheets with parchment or a tip of your go-to syrup bottle only a few ingredients making it so taste as. Fancy decorations – they are perfect on their own clean eating certainly enough. Your sweet fix stat, try these 7 other surprising ways to your! Sweet taste without going over the top delicious dough for cutout cookies sugar altogether cookies won ’ t a. Applesauce for that much-needed touch of sweetness commission from links on this page, these... & a chocolate peanut butter, Banana, honey & Oat chocolate Chip cookies see ideas... Wax paper with coconut butter, then blending them in a 2-cup liquid measuring.. Sweet but they are certainly sweet enough for me these genius creations from chocolate Covered Katie enough 2.