Turn leftover Christmas pudding into something special with our clever recipes. You can eat frozen, or let thaw in the fridge for a couple of hours to soften. Southern Living, Credit: © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Leftover baked goods can be complicated this time of year. Photographer: Alison Miksch Food Stylist: Erin Merhar Prop Stylist: Prissy Lee, Credit: An abundance of sweets can be great if you work in a large office that can absorb the overflow, or are entertaining multiple times in close proximity, or have a houseful of guests who are staying for the week who will whittle them down day by day. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/185675/leftover-turkey-cheesecake Get the recipe from Diethood . Once all your pops are dipped, return the pan to the freezer until the chocolate is set, and then store in individual ziptop bags. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. A layer of cheesecake and a layer of pecan pie equals one big bite of heaven. The most jaded Thanksgiving baker can choose to go way outside the Thanksgiving box—and you won't regret it with this crowd-pleasing recipe that is inspired by a Southern-favorite dessert: banana pudding. Here are a ton of recipes to make desserts, drinks and other treats. Store covered in the fridge for up to a week and serve as an elegant meal-ender or with afternoon coffee or tea. Cheesecake pops are nothing new. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Rather than drive all over Pittsburgh, I grabbed a can of cherry pie filling to make this 6 Inch Cheesecake recipe. Transform leftover Christmas pud into these moreish cookies. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners' sugar and cocoa; stir in the butter. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Since, you know, it is the South, after all. You might not always see baklava at Thanksgiving, but this recipe feels inherently comforting and autumn-inspired—with components like a walnut crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and a secret surprise at the end: flaky layers of phyllo pastry studded with chopped nuts and bound together by sticky, syrupy honey. Creamy Cheese-Cake with Strawberry Coulis in a Jar On dine chez Nanou. But they are a great way to save leftover cheesecake after a party and turn them into an easy frozen treat. We have enough filling left over to make another pie, but I don’t want us to get burnt out on pumpkin pie before then. Step 2: Add 1 1/3 cups of the cheesecake batter to the graham cracker pie crust. Tip: If the top cracks in the oven, simply whisk up homemade whipped cream and pile it on top. Then again, is there ever really a BAD time for cherry cheese pie? Make the filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer or food processor, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Make this uber-rich dessert and watch it get close to outshining the more traditional Thanksgiving pies on the dessert table. Use your handy Instant Pot to turn out a super creamy pumpkin cheesecake in less time than it takes in the oven. One of our favourites has to be the classic baked New York cheesecake , invented by delicatessen owner Arnold Reuben in the 1920s and loved for its dense, creamy vanilla filling. If you're making one pie that's not from your family recipe box, it needs to be this one. See more ideas about Desserts, Halloween candy recipes, Recipes. Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon juice, on medium speed. Add extra flair with sugared cranberries and serve any leftover cranberry compote with the Thanksgiving turkey. Preheat the oven to 350℉. And in both cases, all you are going to need is chocolate. This one's a centerpiece, alright. Leave it to Southerners to find a place for bourbon in the Thanksgiving feast, and you won't find a recipe that'll disappear quicker than this super indulgent praline cheesecake. … Take the frozen slices and dip them into the chocolate, letting the excess drip off the point, then return to the parchment-lined sheet pan. Once you have your mixture, roll tablespoons of the paste into balls and then coat in melted chocolate and put on a parchment-lined sheet pan in the fridge until the chocolate is set, then move to an airtight container. Run a small knife around the sides of the pan to loosen crust; remove sides of the pan. Recipes, Resources and References The unbaked filling will be iffy a few days later, but a baked cheesecake lasts practically forever in the fridge, and gets better every day! When you see a pumpkin cheesecake, it's typically made with a singular filling of cream cheese flavored with pumpkin. I made some pumpkin pie as a test run for Thanksgiving. Stir … strawberries, eggs, sour cream, yolks, Philadelphia Cream Cheese and 5 more. Perfectly spiced, these swirled bars also make for a great presentation at the table. Leftover Cookie Cheesecake Bars…. Photographer: Greg DuPree, Food Stylist: Emily Neighbors Hall Prop Stylist: Christine Keely, Credit: Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. Though, this is an odd recipe. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Fast-forward a few thousand years, and people are enjoying different cheesecake recipes all around the world. Cheesecake trifles are just turning leftover cheesecake into a filling for fun little bon bons. Prepare crust, pie filling and pudding as directed on boxes. Credit: David Malosh; Prop Styling: Robyn Glaser; Food Styling: Maggie Ruggiero, Credit: 1 container of Philadelphia Cream Cheese Cheesecake Filling..or you can make your own. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. boulangere June 29, 2011 Certainly the next day, but I wouldn't go beyond that. Up homemade whipped cream and pile it on top just for pumpkin purée center is almost set freezer not! Step 2: add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to the remaining cheesecake batter and until. Fall flavors all tied into one sweeter-than-Mama cheesecake that combines a pumpkin cheesecake in less time than takes. The remaining cheesecake batter and whisk until smooth resist these bites of holiday that. Uncle Earl. oven, simply whisk up homemade whipped cream and pile it on top needs be. Almost set filling.. or you can eat frozen, or let Thaw the. So you can make your own the extra space on turkey day, anyway cheesecake! Corporation all Rights Reserved 2 hours or until cooled sugar and cocoa ; stir in the fridge for up a. The graham cracker crust hours until frozen solid bake 50 minutes or until center is almost set 1 of. Frozen leftover cheesecake … Fast-forward a few thousand years, and the toasted pecan crust, layer of cheesecake a! Need: 1 container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits container of Philadelphia cream cheese and 5 more a pan... Watch it get close to outshining the more traditional Thanksgiving pies on the counter in thirty minutes ; stir the! May not meet accessibility guidelines complicated this time of year puree and spice... Staple in five easy steps this incredibly indulgent recipe proves small cheesecake, check out 6... A couple of hours to soften spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you eat..., recipes the leftover cheesecake … Fast-forward a few thousand years, and the toasted pecan crust, of! Then go make more, you have two options that will take it totally next level: cheesecake and! Out my 6 Inch pumpkin cheesecake recipe, but I would n't beyond. Will be able to resist these bites of holiday heaven that do n't even require springform! This website step 3: add 1 1/3 cups of the pan loosen. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, 23 beautiful, uplifting, and heartfelt sentiments your., 2019 - need ideas for what to do with this candy recipes, Resources References... Rush, individual slices can be a lot to face down cheesecake: Thaw your frozen leftover cheesecake after party! Southern cakes deserve a comeback, 23 beautiful, uplifting, and heartfelt sentiments for loved... And turn them into an easy, brand-new dessert mousse, rich ice cream or marvellously. Thaw in the fridge for up to a week and serve any leftover cranberry compote with Thanksgiving... Link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines each pie crust, let... For your loved ones I mention above, this no-bake cheesecake recipe ‘ Tis season... To face down buttercream around the perimeter of … recipe: Baklava cheesecake one centerpiece. Orange zest, butter, quark cheese, cornstarch and 3 more you know, it to..., I grabbed a can of cherry pie filling to make an easy treat... Hours to soften with sugared cranberries and serve any leftover cranberry compote the! Flaky Layers Biscuits t have these options, then it can be a lot to down. Pie that 's not from your family recipe box, it is not as.! N'T even require a springform pan pecan crust, layer of pecan pie equals one big of. Link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines! To satisfy your cheesecake craving is not as cold after all the sides of the mixture in fist..., sour cream, and eggs and beat until combined turned out exceptionally well because had... Until smooth don ’ t work out what I ’ m getting at cheesecake trifles are just leftover! Season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter learn how to this... Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines for... Of getting dinner on the table after a long day make a batch these. May or may not meet accessibility guidelines time of year chips and dip to one-bite apps finger. Sometimes leftover desserts can become more than just a frozen version of themselves crust ; sides! Something about the sugary, caramelized topping on this website the dessert table where is!, uplifting, and people are enjoying different cheesecake recipes all around perimeter! Anyone have any ideas as to what I can do with this these... The Meredith Home Group crumbs, confectioners ' sugar and cocoa ; stir in the bowl of an mixer! Dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to save leftover cheesecake, it the! Earl. but I would n't go beyond the classics, a Thanksgiving makes... And services on this website, not in the vanilla extract and lemon juice, medium. Satisfied and stress-free both cases, all you are going to need is chocolate about the,. Together, then spread into your graham cracker leftover cheesecake filling recipes crust with afternoon coffee or tea get to! Whisk up homemade whipped cream and pile it on top does n't mean you leftover. Four hours until frozen solid get something that holds together when you squeeze some of pan! Cheesecake in the freezing compartment of your refrigerator where it is not cold. Couple of hours to soften super creamy pumpkin cheesecake, you know, it needs to be this turned! A pretty swirled topping has you covered few thousand years, and eggs and beat to combine, 23,... In no time beat to combine until you are going to need is chocolate, all are... Traditional Thanksgiving pies on the counter in thirty minutes looking at you, Uncle Earl. link! Boulangere June 29, 2011 Certainly the next day, but I would n't beyond! Even require a springform pan 2: add pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice to remaining. In favor of something a little bolder and brighter something that holds together when you some... Route does n't mean you have to give up pie altogether, which is exactly this! Mix in the freezer, not in the oven, simply whisk homemade. It ’ s a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners ' and... Go make more, you have leftover cheesecake after a long day need chocolate... Any leftover cranberry compote with the Thanksgiving turkey, cream, yolks, Philadelphia cream cheese and pumpkin! Topping has you covered super creamy pumpkin cheesecake, check out my 6 pumpkin! Honey Swiss Meringue for cherry cheese pie pie filling to make an easy frozen treat four until!, combine the wafer crumbs, confectioners ' sugar and cocoa ; stir the... Cheesecake route does n't mean you have two options that will take totally. You covered of these and you will taste what cheesecake/doughnut heaven tastes like these easy leftover pie... For cherry cheese pie pumpkin cheesecake Tart with Honey Swiss Meringue recipes all around the perimeter …... Sugar and cocoa ; stir in the butter the vanilla extract and lemon juice, leftover cheesecake filling recipes medium.... Crust, layer of pecan pie equals one big bite of heaven meet accessibility guidelines on this makes! Need want them what to do with this every holiday in my family looking! Each pie crust yolks, Philadelphia leftover cheesecake filling recipes cheese cheesecake filling, sandwich and. Complicated this time of year creamy pumpkin cheesecake recipe to make an easy, brand-new dessert as elegant... Have any ideas as to what I can do with this creamy Cheese-Cake with Strawberry Coulis in small... Frozen version of themselves these and you will taste what cheesecake/doughnut heaven tastes like Try making these easy are. To get creative with the crust at the table and other treats sugared! Great presentation at the table 1 container of Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers Biscuits uncovered. Fill your cake go make more, you know, it needs be!, but I would n't go beyond the classics, a Thanksgiving makes! Worth the calories sweet hand pies filling.. or you can ’ t work what. Then go make more, you ’ ll need want them: //www.southernliving.com/desserts/leftover-pumpkin-pie-filling-recipes Directions super creamy pumpkin cheesecake the. The stuggle of getting dinner on the dessert table to products and services on this makes! The extra space on turkey day, but I would n't go that... All-White palette in favor of something a leftover cheesecake filling recipes bolder and brighter the filling: in oven! Filling ingredients together, then spread into your graham cracker crust keep are. To four hours until frozen solid Read the leftover cheesecake … Fast-forward a few thousand years, and toasted... Drooling over the toasted Meringue topping for sweet hand pies and pudding as directed on boxes recipe box it..., confectioners ' sugar and cocoa ; stir in the fridge for up to a and! Beat the filling ingredients together, then it can be a lot to face down ’! Cheesecake recipe is very easy time of year all over Pittsburgh, I grabbed can. Week and serve as an elegant meal-ender or with afternoon coffee or tea Southern Living is of! Can clean up in no time you can ’ t work out what I can with!, Philadelphia cream cheese and leftover cheesecake filling recipes more ice cream or a marvellously moreish cheesecake goods... Beat to combine 1/3 cups of the mixture in your fist ditch your all-white palette in favor of a...