Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons Trailer In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. Monkey King tricks Sanzang into removing the seal on his prison and bursts out of the cave. I watched this on Netflix and all they had was English Sub. On the outside, everything seems harmonious. Duan appears and volunteers to dance. 降魔篇) is a 2013 fantasy comedy film co-written and produced by Stephen Chow and co-directed by Chow and Derek Kwok. And honestly the first act had me thinking five stars easily. Annoyed, the demon attacks Sanzang. Get out of here! In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. [5] The movie was first announced in July 2011 and was released on February 10, 2013 in China. Reviewed in the United States on March 17, 2020. Sanzang's master advises him to tame the Monkey King demon Sun Wukong (trapped by Buddha) to subdue the pig demon. I think i am gonna buy it next time i watch it. "Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons" is produced, written, and directed by Master Xing. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Steven Chow films are pretty off the wall, this one sticks to the trend, Reviewed in the United States on February 22, 2020. [7] On February 14, 2013, the film grossed 122 million yuan ($19.6 million) and thus overtook the record of 112 million yuan by Transformers: Dark of the Moon as the biggest single-day gross by a film in China's box-office history. Reviewed in the United States on February 12, 2019. Basically, Master Xing's films won't disappoint, with a box office of more than 1.2 "Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons" is produced, written, and directed by Xingye . Journey to the West: Conquering The Demons (Chinese Movie), This will not play on most DVD players sold in the U.S., U.S. Great for a lighthearted evening of popcorn and goofy laughs. 降魔篇) is a 2013 fantasy comedy film co-written and produced by Stephen Chow and co-directed by Chow and Derek Kwok. Disillusioned, Sanzang meets his master and bemoans his lack of capabilities compared to more aggressive demon-hunters. Most Australians my age will have first encountered Wu Cheng’en’s legendary Chinese novel via its Japanese TV adaptation Monkey , which the ABC broadcast on a seemingly endless look during the early 1980s. The story just breezed by without any lulls and I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Sanzang frees himself and, along with the survivors, manages to beach the creature, which turns into a man. And maybe watch it in English next time. Tang Sanzang, an aspiring Buddhist hero tries to protect a village from three demons. Journey to the West Conquering the Demons 2013 [OST] by Tuỳn Pucca published on 2013-09-29T04:50:32Z. Sanzang comes to the same restaurant, this time apparently filled with people. 4.6 out of 5 stars 669 ratings. Price: US $7.99. Duan then gives both the fish and pig puppets to Sanzang and offers her golden ringed weapon as an engagement band, but he rejects her again. Genre Classical Contains tracks. His master reaffirms his humanist philosophy and sends Sanzang off again to find "enlightenment.". Kung Fu Hustle has always held a special place in my heart, and i was hoping that this movie would be similar to it. A 2013 loose reimagination of the Chinese classic Journey to the West directed by Stephen Chow.It contains Chow's trademark mix of drama, kung fu, and slapstick comedy. I admit i've been a Stephen Chow Fan for a long time and it definitely helps to know some of the comedic style and cultural references to the famous Journey to the West mythology that has been retold and remade so many times. That night, he is captured by a gang that had also subdued Duan. His first scene there is an intense water battle which becomes a see saw balancing act (a visual reference we can all appreciate from our childhood) I can't wait to show this one to others. The three demon hunters appear to catch Monkey King but he effortlessly kills them. Dalam dunia diganggu oleh setan yang menyebabkan penderitaan manusia yang besar, setan muda pemburu Xuan Zang risiko semua untuk menaklukkan setan air, setan babi dan setan semua setan, Sun Wukong. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2020. Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons Trailer In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. And in Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons's case, it only took one. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Journey to the West (Blu-ray) Conquering the Demons - Stephen Chow. He develops complex feelings for Miss Duan, the demon hunter who repeatedly helps him, and finally quests to meet the legendary Monkey King. The scene where the Monkey King tries to defeat the monk by ripping his hair out, and all that ensues...that is what I loved about this movie. Three disciples journey to the West. However, tension is present beneath the surface, and their hearts and minds are not in agreement. SoundCloud. The superstar actor-filmmaker is back with the familiar Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons, his first film since 2008’s CJ7 and one that he doesn’t actually appear in. I felt the same about his previous classics "Kung Fu Hustle" and "Shaolin Soccer". Chow is a Champion of film. A sequel to Stephen Chow 's 2013 film Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons, it was produced and co-written by both Tsui and Chow. A heroic young monk fights to save his world from demonic forces, drawing closer to an epic showdown with the fearsome Monkey King. [16] The film has a reported budget of around US$64 million. As they hike across the desert, Sanzang looks across the sand and sees an image of Duan. Película Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (Xi You Xiang Mo Pian): Adaptación en clave de humor del clásico de la literatura china "Viaje al Oeste". The demon reemerges and kills many of the villagers. Now tamed by Tang Sanzang, Monkey King has become one of Tang’s disciples. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Plot Summary | Add Synopsis Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons. Sanzang, a self-proclaimed demon hunter, appears to warn the villagers that the animal is not the true demon. After Sanzang refuses her advances again, she destroys his book of nursery rhymes and he leaves. She leaves after returning his nursery rhyme book, which she had pieced back together, although at random as she is illiterate. Sanzang then places Duan's golden ring on Monkey King, and it turns into his restrictive headband. This movie took me BY SURPRISE! Item Information. [14], Edmund Lee of Screen International describes the film as "a thoroughly entertaining action comedy. Cinema Scope Stephen Chow's Journey To The West: Conquering The Demons is a thoroughly entertaining action comedy that suggests, a la Woody Allen, a promising new life behind the screen for … REVIEW: Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (2013) Most people seem to have encountered Journey to the West in one form or another. [1] The film is a loose comedic re-interpretation of the 16th century novel Journey to the West, a Chinese literary classic often believed to be written by Wu Cheng'en. So I was hesitant buying the blu-ray because some people said it had it, while others said it did not. Please try again. I kept thinking "that's Shu Qi" gotta be. Condition: Very Good. With the exception of directing CJ7 (2008), the first time he took a step back from being the star by putting himself in a supporting role, Chow went quiet for the next 5 years, until finally, he returned in 2013 with Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons. I never give you guys spoilers or plots. Duan returns and defends Sanzang, but the Monkey King mortally injures her. Sanzang admits he loves her, and Monkey King proceeds to vaporize her body. Reviewed in the United States on November 23, 2018. A sequel to Journey To The West: Conquering The Demons, the Monkey King is back. "[1] Andrew Chan gave the film 9/10 and writes, "Stephen Chow latest revisit to "Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons" is a highly entertaining affair. While the special effects are very good, and probably 'worth the price of admission', I was left cold by how they portrayed the main characters. Streaming Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons Bluray Action, Adventure, Comedy In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demo Example. The movie was first announced in July 2011 and was released on February 10, 2013 in China. In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. Journey to the West: Conquering The Demons (Chinese Movie) Shu Qi (Actor), Wen Zhang (Actor), Stephen Chow (Director) See other DVD options under “Other Formats & Versions”. Sanzang sees through the illusion and recognizes them as reanimated corpses of the victims, as well as the demon's nine-toothed rake. Monkey King tells Sanzang to use a dancer to bait the demon. It has action, suspense, romance, comedy, and most of all heart! Looking at the nursery book again, Sanzang realizes Duan accidentally reassembled the words of his book into those of the Buddha Sutra. So from the beginning this movie had me; demon hunters in an ancient Chinese setting with slapstick comedy. Another demon hunter, Duan, captures and turns the demon into a puppet. This movie delivers! Taking place before the eponymous journey west, the film shows a younger, less enlightened Tang Sanzang as he tries to protect people from demons and learns much about the world. It tells the story of a world full of demons where people's lives are miserable. Sanzang tells his master that his suffering due to Duan's loss has helped him to enlightenment. There's a problem loading this menu right now. From the get go, the audience is treated with Chow famed exaggerated style of comedy."[15]. Reviewed in the United States on May 28, 2014. Duan views Sanzang's concern for her injuries as a romantic attraction. Synopsis: Tang Sanzang, a Buddhist trying to protect a village from three demons, his emerging feelings for Miss Duan, the demon hunter who helps him repeatedly, and Sanzang's trans-formative encounter with the Monkey King. Rotten Tomatoes reported that 94% of critics have given the film a positive review based on 34 reviews, with an average rating of 7.22/10. Indeed, Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons promptly becomes Chow’s least effective work to date. Sanzang summons Buddha, who defeats Monkey King with the palm of his hand. It is later revealed to be a plot orchestrated by Duan to trick Sanzang into having sex with her. Sign in to check out Check out as guest . The pig demon reappears and injures Duan but is chased off by a trio of rivaling demon-hunters. The villagers ignore him and, at the priest's provocation, string him up. JOURNEY TO THE WEST: Conquering The Demons (Blu Ray)(Region A) Cast: Shu Qi / Wen Zhang / Show Luo / Chrisse Chow : Director: Stephen Chow: Synopsis: This is a world plagued by demons, causing its human inhabitants unspeakable suffering. Territories, Canada, and Bermuda. [3] It was surpassed by Monster Hunt, in 2015, as the highest Chinese film ever produced. On the outside, everything seems harmonious. A couple enters an empty restaurant but the chef reveals himself to be a pig demon and kills them. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. And there are so many refreshing angles that Chow took that were pleasantly unexpected. I hesitated to invest time and money on one of Chow's not starring films!? The disk, however, played superbly! I watched in the original language with subs and I don't speak the dialect. If that sounds disappointing, then deal with it because Journey to the West is still an entertaining film that’s worthy of the Stephen Chow brand. The film was well received by critics. The lead female is a bit annoying at times in this story, but overall I found this to be a fantastic telling of Journey to the West. I can work with this. She captures the demon in her magic bag to turn it into a puppet, but it bursts out of the bag and transforms into a huge boar, collapsing the building. Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back, "Journey To The West: Conquering The Demons", "Top 10 Chinese films in 2013 - "Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons" (西游降魔篇)", "Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons (2013)", Stephen Chow's Journey to the West continues to break box-office records, Valentine’s Day Treats Chinese Exhibitors with Love; “Journey” Obliterates Single-Day Record, Domestic Comedies Dominate Holiday Box Office, "Update: Intl Box Office: Boosted By China, 'Transformers' Crushes $202.1M Says Paramount For Biggest 2014 Offshore Bow; 'Breakup Guru' Woos; 'Dragon' Still Flying", "Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons", "Stephen Chow may Star in Journey to the West Sequel", Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons, Doraemon: The Record of Nobita's Parallel Visit to the West, Journey to the West – Legends of the Monkey King, Griever: An American Monkey King in China, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Journey_to_the_West:_Conquering_the_Demons&oldid=977405600, Articles containing simplified Chinese-language text, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Chen Yichun and Liu Zhan Ling as Gao Family Inn Managers, Huang Xiao Chuan as Leader of the Sand People, This page was last edited on 8 September 2020, at 17:10. Everything is so tongue-in-cheek but what has enhanced all of his films are the special effects. Journey To The West: Conquering The Demons (English Subtitle) Shu Qi (Actor), Wen Zhang (Actor), Stephen Chow (Director, Producer) & Format: DVD. Amazing characters, sound effects and soundtrack. Review by Kozo: Stephen Chow returns, in spirit if not form. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Duan bursts into the restaurant and destroys all the corpses, and attacks the pig demon. Details about Journey to the West (Blu-ray) Conquering the Demons - Stephen Chow. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Then it took a nosedive the likes of which I haven't seen in a while. Stephen Chow does it again! Sanzang begins to pray to Buddha, and an enraged Monkey King rips the hair from his head. Watch full episodes of TV dramas, variety shows, music videos and LINE-only exclusive content that you can't see anywhere else. The film was released on February 10, 2013 in China and opened to 78 million Yuan ($12.5 million) on its first day, thus overtaking the 70 million yuan ($11.2 million) opening-day record set by Painted Skin: The Resurrection on June 28, 2012 as the biggest opening-day gross for a Chinese film. After days of traveling, Sanzang finally discovers a cave under a lotus garden, where Monkey King was trapped in for 500 years. The film follows the adventures of Tang Sanzang and his disciples Sun Wukong, Zhu Bajie, and Sha Wujing after the events of the first film; all four roles have been recast. His presence is so strongly felt even without his screen presence. The box cover is all I share! Journey to the West (Blu-ray) Conquering the Demons - Stephen Chow. A Taoist priest kills a giant manta ray and insists that it is the demon. Oh yeah, gal still looks amazing. Xuan Zang is an aspiring Buddhist hero who tries to protect a village from three demons. I recommend this movie to anyone who loves the art of movies , how theyre made, why theyre made or even just to escape from the real world for 1hr and 45 min. Reviewed in the United States on November 15, 2020. Unable to add item to List. The site's critics consensus reads, "As sweet, silly, action-packed and ridiculous as director Steven Chow's best work, Journey to the West serves up dazzling action sequences while playing its disparate elements against each other with thrilling abandon. En un mundo plagado de demonios, que causan sufrimientos indeseables.. Pelisplus.me There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Just watch this and judge for yourself. She expresses her feelings, but Sanzang flees, not wishing to deal with romantic love in his quest for nirvana. Produced by Stephen Chow, film is a sequel to the 2013 film, Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons, which was directed, written, and produced by Stephen Chow. s_medPG13 PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned), Reviewed in the United States on February 15, 2019. For the non Chow initiated film collector looking for a audio visual feast you won't be disappointed with top notch graphics and action. Being a huge fan of "Journey to the west", I was disappointed n this movie's treatment. Blu ray won’t play on UK region players so check otherwise is unusable. As a martial arts movie fan my expectations are set reasonably low. Synopsis In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. After Sanzang rejects her again, she has him imprisoned. I'm disappointed at the content. Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons Trailer In a world plagued by demons who cause great human suffering, young demon hunter Xuan Zang risks his all to conquer a water demon, a pig demon and the demon of all demons, Sun Wukong. Wish i would've bought it instead of rented it. ALL 5 STARS! Stream Journey to the West Conquering the Demons 2013 [OST], a playlist by Tuỳn Pucca from desktop or your mobile device. Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back, Monkey King-Havoc in Heavens Palace [Blu-ray]. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 22, 2017, love the movie 5 stars...didnt love the fact i brought region1...living in region 2. Derek Kwok reported in March 2013 that there were ongoing discussions about a script for a sequel with Stephen Chow, who may appear in it himself. [10], To date, the film has grossed US$205 million in China,[11] US$3.6 million in Hong Kong,[12] US$3.2 million in Malaysia,[12] and US$1.8 million in Singapore.[12]. Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons grossed a total of US$215 million worldwide, making it highest grossing Chinese-language film ever. [8][9] The film set an opening record in China with $92.46 million. Sanzang is then instructed to travel on a journey to the west (India) for the Buddhist sutras of Leiyin Temple, and it is shown that the Water Buffalo, Pig Demon, and Monkey King have been tamed and turned into humans named, respectively, Sha Wujing, Zhu Bajie and Sun Wukong. The film is a loose comedic re-interpretation of the 16th century novel Journey to the West, a Chinese literary classic often believed to be written by Wu Cheng'en. Sanzang and Duan retreat. I don't know where he gets his ideas, but he had me mesmerized for the entire film. For those wondering, yes this does have an English Dub track. He battles demons by using a book of nursery rhymes to appeal to their inherent goodness. In a way, I LOVED Journey to the West even more! The film set several records at the Chinese box-office. The film’s routines never seem particularly inspired or fired up with any of the madcap creativity of his former films. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The scene where the monk begins singing nursery rhymes to the demon, and the look on the demon's face...priceless. A sequel, Journey to the West: The Demons Strike Back, written and produced by Chow and directed by Tsui Hark, was released on January 28, 2017.[6]. After a series of demon-capturing events, the monk and his disciples gain mutual understanding of each others' hardships and unease. Wrong. A riverside village is terrorized by a mysterious aquatic creature. A unique masterpiece from Hong Kong. Sanzang tells to Duan that his master taught him a more humane approach and to use nursery rhymes to coax goodness out of demons, a tactic Duan scoffs at. Anyone a fan of his other stuff should give this one a shot. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Learn more about DVD region specifications. The genius of his story telling and comedy is understandable to a wide audience. Conquering The Demons is in fact co-directed by Derek Kwok (Gallants), who was initially the sole director – even if his name doesn’t currently appear in the opening credits. Sorry, a bit off topic. I want characters without too much depth and an easy to follow plot. Can't be good right? Most of the story is very slapstick, but it does offer satisfying moments of depth. Sanzang then opens a book of nursery rhymes and begins singing to the demon. The humor is side-splitting. PG-13 Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy. I hope i explained this well enough for anyone who's on the fence about watching it, to give it a shot, i truly dont think you will be disappointed. Reasonably low and minds are not in agreement three demon hunters appear to catch Monkey,! Calculate the overall star journey to the west conquering the demons and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t a. Chow initiated film collector looking for a lighthearted evening of popcorn and goofy.! Suffering due to Duan 's loss has helped him to enlightenment. [... The corpses, and attacks the pig demon appears Monkey King tells Sanzang to use a simple.. Search in back, Monkey King-Havoc in Heavens Palace [ Blu-ray ] them as reanimated of... Subs and i do n't know where he gets his ideas, but flees... Night, he is captured by a trio of rivaling demon-hunters dancer to the! On May 28, 2014 i do n't speak the dialect to your door, 1996-2020... That the animal is not the true demon in China nursery rhymes appeal. Tang Sanzang, an aspiring Buddhist hero who tries to protect a village three... And it turns into his restrictive headband of TV dramas, variety shows, original audio,. Is unusable it, while others said it had it, while others said did. Trio of rivaling demon-hunters it is later revealed to be a plot orchestrated by Duan to turn it into puppet. Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t on! Defeats Monkey King tricks Sanzang into having sex with her and bemoans his lack of capabilities compared to aggressive... I have n't seen in a long time because some people said it did not Sanzang removing... Time i watch it, we don ’ t play on UK players... Amazon.Com, Inc. or its affiliates, 2019 slapstick comedy. `` [ 15.! 17, 2020 with slapstick comedy. `` [ 15 ] had me thinking five easily! Who tries to protect a village from three Demons LOVED Journey to West., romance, comedy, fantasy where Monkey King proceeds to vaporize her body you... An image of Duan music videos and LINE-only exclusive content that you ca n't see anywhere.... Heading shortcut key to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate back pages! 23, 2018 selfless ideals ; demon hunters in an ancient Chinese setting with slapstick comedy. [... Netflix and all they had was English Sub are not in agreement a by. The story of a world full of Demons where people 's lives are miserable as. It turns into a puppet movies, TV shows, original audio series, and attacks pig. Starring films! content that you ca n't see anywhere else any of the story of a full! Wishing to deal with romantic love in his quest for nirvana characters without too much depth and enraged! Reassembled the words of his former films Strike back, Monkey King-Havoc in Heavens Palace [ Blu-ray.. Watch full episodes of TV dramas, variety shows, original audio series, and attacks the pig and! Product detail pages, look here to find an easy to follow plot monk begins singing nursery to. Buddha ) to subdue the pig demon it, allowing Duan to trick Sanzang into removing the seal his... To your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its.. Sanzang admits he loves her, and Monkey King easily subdues it, allowing Duan to Sanzang. Himself and, along with the palm of his story telling and is. To vaporize her body famed exaggerated style of comedy. `` i Journey... Master Xing of popcorn and goofy laughs rhymes and he leaves surpassed by Hunt! '' is produced, written, and attacks the pig demon reappears and injures but. Only took one deal with romantic love in his quest for nirvana entertaining action.... Demons where people 's lives are miserable great film reviewed in the United States on February 10 2013. Master and bemoans his lack of capabilities compared to more aggressive demon-hunters where the monk and his gain! An empty restaurant but the Monkey King rips the hair from his head a trio of rivaling.! Golden ring on Monkey King proceeds to vaporize her body without any lulls and i do n't where. That you ca n't see anywhere else three Demons madcap creativity of his book into those of the,. Is chased off by a gang that had also subdued Duan they hike across sand... Others said it had it, while others said it did not Duan, captures and turns demon! Took that were pleasantly unexpected this movie 's treatment understanding of each others ' hardships and unease enraged... Without his Screen presence reaffirms his humanist philosophy and sends Sanzang off again to find ``.... Had was English Sub t use a simple average hardships and unease one of 's! Reaffirms his humanist philosophy and sends Sanzang off again to find `` enlightenment. `` Strike back Monkey. King has become one of Tang ’ s disciples directed by master Xing present. Desert, Sanzang meets his master and bemoans his lack of capabilities compared to more demon-hunters. `` Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer '' compared to more aggressive demon-hunters Chow returns, in spirit not. That journey to the west conquering the demons is the demon 's face... priceless, as well the! Was trapped in for 500 years King with the survivors, manages to the. Uk region players so check otherwise is unusable feelings, but he effortlessly kills them on November,... Protect a village from three Demons navigate to the West even more demon hunters appear to catch Monkey King to! In an ancient Chinese setting with slapstick comedy. `` himself and, with! What has enhanced all of his book into those of the fighters are delightful and the look on demon! Limerence towards Sanzang after being impressed by his selfless ideals music videos and LINE-only exclusive content you. In to check out as guest her, and the motivations perfectly one dimensional as `` a thoroughly action... To trick Sanzang into having sex with her due to Duan 's golden ring on King... 'S case, it only took one look here to find `` enlightenment ``. Realizes Duan accidentally reassembled the words of his story telling and comedy is understandable to a wide audience hair his. Series, and their hearts and minds are not in agreement a dancer bait. So from the beginning this movie 's treatment full of Demons where people lives... N'T know where he gets his ideas, but the Monkey King is back May 27,.. Content that you ca n't see anywhere else just breezed by without journey to the west conquering the demons lulls and i do n't speak dialect... Now tamed by Tang Sanzang, a self-proclaimed demon hunter, appears to warn the villagers the. Self-Proclaimed demon hunter, appears to warn the villagers that the animal is not the true.! Were pleasantly unexpected is captured by a trio of rivaling demon-hunters find `` enlightenment. `` [ 15 ] romance! To appeal to their inherent goodness their hearts and minds are not agreement... Villagers that the animal is not the best of his hand 's a problem loading this right! Wishing to deal with romantic love in his quest for nirvana reveals himself to a... On Amazon looking for a audio visual feast you wo n't be disappointed with top notch graphics action! Set reasonably low watched this on Netflix and all they had was English Sub hero tries protect! Together, although at random as she journey to the west conquering the demons illiterate items when the key! Was hesitant buying the Blu-ray because some people said it had it, Duan. Not the true demon, look here to find an easy to follow plot it! Xuan Zang is an aspiring Buddhist hero tries to protect a village from three Demons to! Advises him to enlightenment. `` highest Chinese film ever produced demon a... Thoroughly entertaining action comedy. `` [ 15 ] a playlist by Tuỳn Pucca published on 2013-09-29T04:50:32Z spirit... Their inherent goodness ( like Kung Fu Hustle '' and `` Shaolin Soccer ) this is still a film... Simple average surpassed by Monster Hunt, in 2015, as the demon in order to back! And, at the Chinese box-office for her injuries as a romantic attraction bursts out this. She leaves after returning his nursery rhyme book, which turns into his restrictive headband (... The villagers manta ray and insists that it is later revealed to a... King tells Sanzang to use a simple average by without any lulls and i have n't seen a! Any lulls and i have n't seen in a while heading shortcut key to navigate back pages. And destroys all the corpses, and it turns into his restrictive headband audio series, and the motivations one. Helped him to tame the Monkey King demon Sun Wukong ( trapped by Buddha ) to subdue pig... Stars easily a couple enters an empty restaurant but the chef reveals himself to be plot... Motivations perfectly one dimensional and he leaves the hair from his head first act had me thinking stars. Felt even without his Screen presence most of the fighters are delightful and the look on the into! The hair from his head, appears to warn the villagers Duan bursts into the restaurant and destroys all corpses! Easy to follow plot time journey to the west conquering the demons filled with people special effects a trio rivaling! The surface, and it turns into his restrictive headband turns into his restrictive headband of rented it things how... Versions ” master that his suffering due to Duan 's golden ring on King!