For natural 4c hair, you should limit its exposure to shampoo to once or two times every month as shampoo. ... “Many of my patients worry about washing their hair too frequently, yet they really need to wash it more often!” Goh says. Here are three easy rules to guide you towards a wash day decision. Hand Towels – Due to the nature of a hand towel, they generally see a lot of use. We recommend you wash your mask only when necessary to clean excess dirt off the outer and inner surfaces. Pillows – Wash these twice a year. Just wanted to talk about how often I co-wash and why. #3 Rinse or wet your hair daily. Depending on the styling products you use and how often you’re co-washing, you might find that you get a bit of product build-up. Initially, I was excited, albeit nervous to give up shampoo for so long. One can decide to do this as their regular hair wash routine. Ideally you should co-wash once a week. Now, we’ll break washing into two categories – co-washing, which is conditioner washing, and shampoo washing. How to co-wash 4c hair. For best results, alternate once a week with your favorite Tea Tree shampoo . Understanding this first trait of 4c hair is the key to knowing how often you should wash natural 4c hair. When I co-wash I do it in three steps: 1. Find out what an infectious disease doctor says about keeping your face mask clean and lowering your risk of COVID-19. Co-washing is the abbreviated term for conditioner washing, which is a method of cleansing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo. If you use a cleansing conditioner on your hair, you can wash it more frequently than you may when washing with shampoo, because co-washing is gentler than using harsh detergents. It's massively thick, but the ends break and split easily. Some naturalistas prefer to … #2 Co-wash your natural hair once every 2-3 days at most. Washing the mask excessively may affect the filter performance. Step 2: Apply conditioner. Co-washing is most effective when used in between your regular shampoo routine. The best cleaning method(s) for you. This action gently lifts the grime and dirt from the scalp and hair shaft. You should only be washing your natural hair once every two weeks. Wash when you have buildup. Experiment on washday schedules. As for shampoo, once every two weeks is fine with me. Wash when hair is dirty. If you are one of those guys, then always be sure to use a product specifically designed for your face & beard and follow up with a beard softener. Select my co-wash To select my co-wash I have to determine if I want to use a rinse-out conditioner or a cleansing cream. A Co wash Conditioner is two substances that do not mix i.e. Four times a year if you’re prone to drooling. Like I said above, over co-washing can cause build up so try to do it once a week rather than daily. Since I also go to the gym 4-5 times a week, it's important to keep my hair moisturized. 1. Co-washing is all about getting a hair routine in place. Wash your hair when it is dirty and that can be ... 2. Hair Type Matters. However, cowashes are so gentle and moisturizing, “daily wash” lovers can use them as often as they … Step 4: Rinse (and maybe repeat) Step 5: Rinse one last time. oil and water. How often … Step 1: Wet your hair. I cleanse with a co wash weekly and do a deep cleansing with a Shampoo every 2 to 3 weeks unless I pile on the silicones and then need to use the clarifying shampoo sooner. Most experts recommend washing your car every two weeks or so throughout the year as a general rule. 100 Shares One long-haired 4C says wash natural hair once a month, another says that her 4C natural hair regimen calls for washing twice a week, another says it’s all about how often to co-wash 4C hair and even worse, another is talking about the benefits of not washing your hair AT ALL! This is just how I'm co-washing for the time being. Ask any avid motorist how often they wash their respective vehicles and you will most likely be given a variety of answers. Finger detangling is the process of using your fingers to gently … There is a reason why there are different products for different hair types. When to do it depends on need. Step 3: Detangle. If I'm not going anywhere or going to do a ponytail, I might go 2 days (but I don't like doing that). It's not time to ditch your shampoo just yet. How Often Should You Co-Wash? This means that I have to change my washing routine often. I co-wash every other day. I'm trying really hard to strengthen my hair. Some say daily washing is a must while others would say once or twice weekly. Sometimes, I can go a week or two between washes, but during flare ups, I may need to cleanse my hair and scalp every three to four days. This is NOT the end all, be all. How often should you wash your face mask, and what is the best way to clean it? 3. Co-washing can be a part of your weekly hair care routine, and some people with ethnic hair co-wash several times a week. Change these germ-havens out for washing every two or three days. So I don't always deep condition when I co-wash. Buy them in various shades, or stick to the traditional blues.… Sometimes, I can go a week or two between washes, but during flare ups, I may need to cleanse my hair and scalp every three to four days. Pillows. Every … I co-wash once a week during the colder months and twice when it's warm. Thanks for watching! When I co-wash my hair feels more moisturized than it does when I shampoo. Finger detangle using a conditioner. Co-washing offers gentle cleaning by rubbing the scalp using an emulsifying conditioner. Co washing gently cleanses and Moisturises at the same time. This is sometimes called "co-poo" for using conditioner to shampoo.