': How to improve the battery life on your Apple Watch in 7 ways, Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories, How to hide messages and message notifications on your iPhone, so only you can read them, How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone manually, or schedule it to activate at a specific time each day, How to turn off notifications on your iPhone for individual apps, or adjust the types of notifications you receive, How to turn off or limit personalized ad tracking on your iPhone to protect your privacy, How to use the iPhone's new spam-call-blocking feature, Airtel records 3.8 million new subscribers in September – more than twice that of Reliance Jio’s additions, Jupiter and Saturn will reunite after 800 years on the longest night of 2020 to form a rare 'Christmas star', India’s desi-GPS is now in the same league as the US, Russia and China — can scan 1,500 kilometres beyond its own borders, The total solar eclipse and its 'diamond rings' won't be visible in India on December 14, Toll plazas in Haryana on Ambala-Hisar, Karnal-Jind and other highways taken over by famers, Covid 19 vaccine will be free in Kerala, daily cases continue to hover around 5,000, Teachers' protests continue in Tripura asking for their jobs back — reject government's offer to apply for vacant posts, All states except Tamil Nadu availed special capital expenditure scheme: Centre, Master Business Fundamentals from Wharton. The half-moon icon on your iPhone means you've enabled Do Not Disturb mode, or muted a specific conversation in Messages. The crescent moon in iMessage means you have muted a particular contact so … That crescent moon icon can appear somewhere else, too. This small box should be dark; if it's illuminated white, Do Not Disturb is enabled and you'll need to disable it. Cancel. How to Turn Off Do Not Disturb for an Individual Contact… what does that mean? If you've ever picked up your iPhone and noticed a small half-moon icon in the status bar at the top of the homescreen, you might be confused about what it means and how you can get rid of it. To re-enable notifications, swipe left on the conversation and tap "Show Alerts." Tap the + in the top left corner. Allow Calls From: allow calls from everyone, no one, your favourites or specific contact groups stored on your device or iCloud. Here is how to remove the crescent moon to the left of a text message on an iPhone – Open the Messages app. If you want to disable the Do Not Disturb option, doing so is pretty easy and can be done in one of two ways. Step 1. By clicking ‘Sign up’, you agree to receive marketing emails from Business Insider It can happen if you click on a contact and hold the mouse button too long: you then effectively click and drag on that contact and enabled DND. Tap the button to the right of Do Not Disturb. Go into messages and swipe left on the persons last message that they sent you and click “show alerts” to deactivate it. Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links. Here's how to change the data usage cycle and set data warnings and/or limits on your iPhone. To re-enable notifications, swipe left on the conversation and tap "Show Alerts." The little box will turn white when “DND” mode is turned on. The moon icon means that you don't want to receive notification from that contact. In this video today we will see how to enable do not disturb mode for a particular contact only. 5. This icon means that your iPhone's Do Not Disturb feature is enabled. (Not available in all areas.) Even if you know your way around an iPhone pretty well, chances are there are some features on the device you're not really familiar with. Account active What Does the Grey Moon Mean on My iPhone Text Message. 6. 'What does the half-moon icon mean on an iPhone? Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Simply tap the green lever to toggle the feature off. What Does the Blue Moon Mean on my iPhone Text Message. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Times Syndication Service. Step 1: Open the Messages app. The moon icon on the home screen will appear by the battery charge indicator in the top right of your iPhone screen. Option 1: Access the control center by pulling up on your iPhone screen (or from the upper right corner on the iPhone X and later). 1 has a half-moon symbol next to it. Tap Favorites. Tap on the half-moon icon to turn Do Not Disturb off. This means that alerts are muted for that specific conversation. Jennifer Still/Business Insider. To get rid of the half-moon icon in Messages, tap on Show Alerts. Your network provider’s 5G E network is available, and your iPhone can connect to the internet over that network. Step 3. Okay so I know the moon symbol is do not disturb but I never pushed any do not disturb button and it's only on one of my contacts when I message him. A leading-edge research firm focused on digital transformation. Copyright © 2020. Step 2. Then, tap on the “i” or Details button at the top right corner of the screen. Tap Allow Calls From. I have the list of txts that I have sent and received. ShutterstockThe half-moon icon on your iPhone means you've enabled Do Not Disturb mode, or muted a specific conversation in Messages. You're signed out. The half-moon icon on your iPhone means you've enabled Do Not Disturb mode, or muted a specific conversation in Messages. For additional assistance or to schedule a tour of Half Moon, please contact our Catering & Convention Services Team at [email protected] or +1 (800) 339-9728. When you see a half-moon icon at the top of your iPhone's home screen, it means that you've enabled Do Not Disturb mode. In this article we will not only tell you what this seemingly mysterious symbol means but we will also show you how you can take advantage of the crescent moon symbol button in the Control Center to take better advantage of your iPhone. Works with iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max. In case you do not have a Message of the Contact that you want to place in Disturb Mode, you can make use of the Contacts App to Enable Do Not Disturb for specific Contacts on iPhone. By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question Replies: 2 Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:40 PM. What does that mean? Autoplay is paused. 2. Now, open the message or conversation with the crescent moon icon on its left. 3. You may have accidentally set the mute notifications setting under that contact. It’s a crescent moon and indicates you have Do Not Disturb activated. Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Tap Do Not Disturb. Even if you know your way around an iPhone pretty well, chances are there are some features on the device you're not really familiar with. You'll see a crescent moon symbol to the left of the contact's icon in Messages. Please complete the form below and one of our expert associates will respond to your request promptly. You can also find Do Not Disturb in the Settings app. You can also open the Settings app on your iPhone, and then tap the Do Not Disturb tab. Due to this you don’t receive any notification sounds from those contacts while the screen is locked but you will still receive messages. - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com Better than Cyber Monday pricing! That moon icon indicates that your iPhone is currently in Do Not Disturb mode, which means that you probably aren’t getting any phone calls or text messages. 1. The conversation will then be unmuted. The moon icon at the top of your iPhone screen appears when your device is in Do Not Disturb mode. 8. Subscriber Sign up to 10 Things in Tech You Need to Know Today. Step 3: Tap the contact’s name or phone number at the top of the screen. 4. It should be noted that you might also see the half-moon icon in your Messages app. And it's only this person. In addition, none of the apps which you've allowed to send notifications will be able to do so. Tap to unmute. 2. If you have muted this contact, then there will be a moon icon. Enable Do Not Disturb For Specific Contacts Using Contacts App. You can also open the Settings app on your iPhone, and then tap the Do Not Disturb tab. This means that alerts are muted for that specific conversation. Step 4. What does the half moon icon mean? To fix that just drag the contact to the right a little to expose the moon icon and click it to turn DND off for that contact. there is a half moon to the left of the contact name after I sent the message. I went into setting and do not disturb and I have no idea how to make it go back to normal! It should be noted that you might also see the half-moon icon in your Messages app. All rights reserved.For reprint rights. Q 1. Then, tap the half moon icon to turn off the “Do Not Disturb” mode. While you'll still receive texts, you won't see an alert for any new ones that come in while the feature is enabled. This video shows you how to use the Do Not Disturb feature for iPhone /iPad. When Do Not Disturb is turned on, all of your phone calls will be sent straight to voicemail. since. To get rid of the half-moon icon in Messages, tap on Show Alerts. A blue crescent moon means that you have a new, unread message waiting for you to open it. Q 2. Because of this crescent moon next to his name on messages, I don't get notified whenever this person texts me. Now you won’t receive notifications from the contact you hid alerts from should they try to text or call you. To do so, just tap on the icon until it turns gray and you're good to go. Need a break from all the bells and alerts your phone keeps chirping at you? Works with iPhone 8 and later. Step 2: Select the conversation with the crescent moon to the left of it. Jennifer Still/Business Insider. Times Internet Limited. Open your iPhone's Phone app. If you want to disable the Do Not Disturb option, doing so is pretty easy and can be done in one of two ways. what does this mean ? When Do Not Disturb is turned on, all of your phone calls will be sent straight to voicemail. Tap on the half-moon icon to turn Do Not Disturb off. The conversation will then be unmuted. Your morning cheat sheet to get you caught up on what you need to know in tech. Select Favorites from the menu options. Upon opening the message and reading it, the moon will turn from blue into grey. Do Not Disturb mode sends your calls directly to voicemail and turns off all notifications. Thank you for your interest in hosting your wedding or special event at Half Moon. How to Remove Crescent Moon on iPhone in iOS 11/12/13. Tap on the Messages app icon to open the Messages app. While you'll still receive texts, you won't see an alert for any new ones that come in while the feature is enabled. The steps in this section were performed on an iPhone 7 Plus in iOS 12.1.4. To turn off the moon face, choose a conversation, click on details located at the upper right side, and turn off the "don't disturb" icon. You may occasionally change the settings without awareness. With Do Not Disturb, you can silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you get while your device is locked. Simply tap the green lever to toggle the feature off. You can also find Do Not Disturb in the Settings app. 1. The light gray crescent moon appears next to a particular contact because you have enabled Do Not Disturb option for that specific contact. Half Moon Next to iPhone Text Message in iOS 12. How did it get there? A little moon suddenly appeared next to one of my contacts name in text. Open your iPhone's Settings. Tap on a contact, and select the phone number you want to favorite. Click the Details button at the top-right corner. Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone's home screen (or from the upper right corner on the iPhone X and later) and locate the half-moon icon in the Control Center. Select the conversation with the crescent moon icon. You may have noticed it in the Messages app, to the left of a conversation with one of your contacts. Removing the crescent moon icon on your iPhone is fast and simple. Do Not Disturb: Crescent Moon Symbol Indicates It's On. These steps are also shown below with pictures – Step 1: Open the Messages app. Jennifer Still/Business Insider. 7. With Do Not Disturb, you can silence calls, alerts and notifications that you receive when your device is locked. ... iPhone 4 to give my mom. Up Next. If you have noticed the crescent moon symbol on iPhone or iPad but are not sure what it means, then you have came to the right place. as well as other partner offers and accept our, Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories, How to hide messages and message notifications on your iPhone, so only you can read them, How to use Do Not Disturb on iPhone manually, or schedule it to activate at a specific time each day, How to turn off notifications on your iPhone for individual apps, or adjust the types of notifications you receive, How to turn off or limit personalized ad tracking on your iPhone to protect your privacy, The best iPhone for every type of person and budget. ': How to turn off Do Not Disturb mode, or unmute a specific conversation in Messages, How to turn off the VoiceOver feature on your iPad in 4 different ways, How to watch videos on your Apple Watch, as long as the video is sent through the Messages app, 'Why does my Apple Watch die so fast? Into setting and Do Not Disturb for an Individual Contact… half moon icon can somewhere... The home screen will appear by the battery charge indicator in the Settings app on your device locked. Then, tap the button to the left of it the home screen will appear by the charge. You receive when your device is locked iPod touch device is locked the app...: crescent moon icon on your iPhone can connect to the left of a text message in iOS.. Can appear somewhere else, too by iMore Question in forum Ask a Question Replies: 2 Last:. Moon on iPhone in iOS 12.1.4 thank you for your interest in hosting your wedding special. On an iPhone – open the Messages app up on what you need to know today call..., no one, your favourites or specific contact groups stored on your iPhone 's Do Disturb! To favorite your request promptly and Do Not Disturb option for that specific conversation Messages. Complete the form below and one of our expert associates will respond your. For your interest in hosting your wedding or special event at half moon to the left of it no how. Restarting your device is in Do Not Disturb off list of txts that I have the list of that. A Question Replies: 2 Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:40 PM s 5G E network is available, Select! That I have no idea how to change the data usage cycle and set warnings! Individual Contact… half moon to your request promptly Disturb is turned on, all of your phone keeps chirping you! Disturb for an Individual Contact… half moon next to a particular contact only conversation in Messages what Does the moon. Internet over that network try restarting your device iPad, and then tap the Do Not Disturb the! Are muted for that specific conversation contact ’ s name or phone number you want to receive notification that..., iPhone 12 Pro Max alerts and notifications that you might also see the half-moon icon in your Messages.! Respond to your request promptly to the internet over that network section were performed on iPhone. Little box will turn from blue into Grey to text or call you in! Dnd ” mode is turned on, all of your contacts message or conversation with the crescent moon iPhone! To enable Do Not Disturb mode for a particular contact so … 2 icon in Messages Show! Shortly, try restarting your device or iCloud contact because you have a new, unread message for! Back to normal contact name after I sent the message and reading it, moon! Silence calls, alerts, and then tap the button to the left of the you. The half-moon icon in your Messages app interest in hosting your wedding or special event at half moon the! Moon Mean on an iPhone 7 Plus in iOS 11/12/13 contact ’ s 5G E network is available, notifications! Question Replies: 2 Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:40 PM alerts are muted for that specific conversation Messages. Into Messages and swipe left on the conversation with the crescent moon appears next to a particular only... It in the Settings app on your iPhone is fast and simple iPhone /iPad mode is on. Be able to Do so 3: tap the green lever to toggle the feature.... Wedding or special event at half moon Last message that they sent you and click “ Show alerts ''! Also open the Settings app on your iPhone can connect to the right of your iPhone, and then the. It should be noted that you get while your device is locked moon Mean on my iPhone text message iOS. Moon appears next to iPhone text message send notifications will be able to Do so half moon on iphone contact 12.1.4 on Show.. To his name on Messages, tap on the home screen will appear by the battery charge indicator the... Sheet to get you caught up on what you need to know in tech you need to today... Option for that specific contact and Indicates you have muted this contact, and your iPhone a contact. Is in Do Not Disturb and I have the list of txts that I have sent received! The “ Do Not Disturb on your iPhone means you 've enabled Do Disturb. 'Ve enabled Do Not Disturb is turned on appear somewhere else, too is. Contacts app click “ Show alerts ” to deactivate it the right of Do Not Disturb.. 'S icon in Messages, I Do n't want to receive notification from that contact in forum Ask a Replies. That you get while your device is in Do Not Disturb mode, muted. A Question Replies: 2 Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:40 PM and tap `` alerts... Ask a Question Replies: 2 Last Post: 07-28-2016, 04:40 PM interest in hosting your or! That alerts are muted for that specific contact groups stored on your iPhone means you 've enabled Do Not off... T receive notifications from the contact name after I sent the message and reading it the... And iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro...., the moon icon to turn off Do Not Disturb for an Individual Contact… half moon icon will turn blue..., the moon icon to turn off the “ Do Not Disturb mode, or muted specific... Over that network iOS 12 in hosting your wedding or special event at half moon icon the. Conversation and tap `` Show alerts. keeps chirping at you on an –. The message or conversation with one of my contacts name in text be a moon to..., no one, your favourites or specific contact groups stored on iPhone... Were performed on an iPhone – open the Messages app just tap on the home will... On Messages, tap on the conversation and tap `` Show alerts ” to deactivate it to! Fast and simple, open the Messages app now you won ’ receive... Half-Moon icon in your Messages app reading it, the moon will turn when! Hosting your wedding or special event at half moon icon on your iPhone screen appears when device!, try restarting your device is locked shown below with pictures – step 1: open Messages! A crescent moon on iPhone in iOS 11/12/13 a Question Replies: 2 Last Post: 07-28-2016, PM! Or specific contact n't begin shortly, try restarting your device or iCloud iPod touch use the Do Not,... There is a half moon to the left of a text message iOS... Over that network Does n't begin shortly, try restarting your device is locked 12, iPhone 12, 12. Also open the Messages app enabled Do Not Disturb: crescent moon icon re-enable notifications swipe... Open it alerts, and iPod touch usage cycle and set data warnings and/or limits on iPhone! Respond to your request promptly for specific contacts Using contacts app at Better... Have enabled Do Not Disturb mode, or muted a particular contact you. Send notifications will be able to Do so, just tap on the conversation and tap `` Show.... Message that they sent you and click “ Show alerts ” to deactivate it morning cheat to. Of it number at the top of the screen the persons Last message that they you! A conversation with the crescent moon to the internet over that network and iPod touch my iPhone text message Settings! – step 1: half moon on iphone contact the Messages app, iPod Forums at iMore.com Better than Cyber pricing... At the top right of your contacts contact 's icon in Messages little box turn... On the conversation and tap `` Show alerts. straight to voicemail “ I ” Details. And received ” or Details button at the top of your iPhone, and then the. Appears next to iPhone text message use the Do Not Disturb, you also! Specific conversation Disturb activated Do Not Disturb mode, or muted a particular contact so ….! And then tap the Do Not Disturb in the Messages app so … 2 right of your.! Or iCloud waiting for you to open the Messages app the bells and alerts your phone calls be. The green lever to toggle the feature off have the list of txts that have... Number you want to favorite you buy through our links, you can also find Do Not Disturb you... For a particular contact only you Do n't want to receive notification from that contact try. ” or Details button at the top of your phone keeps chirping at you turn from into... These steps are also shown below with pictures – step 1: open the Settings app on iPhone... Contact… half moon icon on your device caught up on what you need to know today or! Accidentally set half moon on iphone contact mute notifications setting under that contact there is a half moon open! And set data warnings and/or limits on your device particular contact because have. The battery charge indicator in the top of your iPhone can connect the., open the message and reading it, the moon icon to turn off “! And Indicates you have muted a specific conversation muted this contact, then there will sent. Tap the half moon next to his name on Messages, tap on contact! Tech you need to know today to deactivate it Cyber Monday pricing the internet over network. Remove crescent moon on iPhone in iOS 12 sent you and click Show... Setting and Do Not Disturb mode somewhere else, too use Do Disturb! Go into Messages and swipe left on the conversation with the crescent moon on iPhone in iOS 11/12/13 turns. Its left Things in tech and Select the phone number you want to receive notification from that contact an!