https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/fish/quick-fish-pie 214,310 suggested recipes. Fish pie recipes. Fish Pie with Puff Pastry Recipes 214,310 Recipes. Season with ground black pepper. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Give the humble fish pie a flavour-boosting makeover with Tommy Banks' version, made with king prawns, salmon and haddock and topped with a comforting, cheesy mash 2 hrs and 5 mins . T he beauty of fish pie is that you can use any combination of chunky fish you like. double cream, mustard powder, capers, sunflower oil, fresh dill and 16 more. Scatter with the remaining cheese. Spoon into a two-litre baking dish. Bring to the boil and then simmer until tender. Thaw the fish pie … Put 25g butter, 25g plain flour and 4 finely sliced spring onions in another pan and heat gently until the butter has melted, stirring regularly. Fish Pie In Four S Recipe Bbc Good Food. with a cheesy potato topping is a tasty dinner idea. A simple fish pie recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare. Add the eggs for the last 8 minutes (if using). https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/fish-pie-recipes Poach the frozen fish in milk in a heavy set pan, on a low heat with a lid on. Is it possible to freeze any of Delia's fish pie recipes? Lulu Grimes shares a delicious, easy recipe to pop in the freezer for those busy nights, Make a comforting fish pie in a flash, with this super-speedy recipe, A special after-work supper treat – easily doubled if you've got friends over, Quick and easy, a perfect mid week supper, A great dinner party dish. Tuck into our hearty yet healthy fish pies for a feel-good family supper. Fish Pie For Easter Recipetin Eats. Stir the fish and prawns into the sauce. You could make it if you already know how and like to; or you could buy it at the grocery store in the refrigerated cases where the canned biscuits, butter, and eggs can be found. Stir the spinach and 25g cheese into the remaining cream sauce, then pour it over the fish. Fish pie is usually popular with children, who may not otherwise be keen on fish. Fry the onion, mushroom, leek and garlic in a pan until soft, put into the oven proof dish you will use for your pie. It's the perfect comfort dinner. Spoon into a two-litre baking dish. Top with the potato and kumara mash, and sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese. Fish pie is usually popular with children, who may not otherwise be keen on fish. Lindsey, Food Editor replied . This delicious fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish. Fresh light summer veggie fish pie easy low carb healthy fish pie easy fish pie family favourite jo s smokey fish pie donal skehan eat fish pie with a twist every nook. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are … Peel and dice kumara and potato, and boil in slightly salted water for 20 minutes or until tender, drain and mash to smooth consistency, set aside. Portion into ramekins and freeze for quick toddler meals or cook in a big dish for the perfect family supper. https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/how_to_make_fish_pie_56143 Put the spinach on top of the fish mixture. You will think there are too many but pack them down because spinach is full of water and reduces very quickly. Fish pie: Jamie Oliver's recipe is tasty – and budget friendly. Remove from heat and stir in grated lemon zest, parsley, salmon, fish and prawns. Blend the cornflour with 2 teaspoons of cold water and stir into the sauce. Last updated Nov 23, 2020 . Recipes For Fresh Fish Pie. Lindsey, Food Editor replied . Simple and satisfying – a good fish pie is one of the greatest comfort foods. A massive dish full of deliciously silky cheese sauce with flaky chunks of smoked fish and vibrant leaves of spinach. Skip. Serves a family of 4-6 or makes 6-8 toddler meals, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Try these next-level, indulgent fish pie recipes from our sister title olivemagazine.com/fish-pie-recipes. Flakes of fish smothered in a creamy white sauce, topped with mashed potato then baked until golden brown, a wonderful centrepiece for Easter you … Gradually whisk in 400ml milk using a balloon whisk if you have one. Luxury Smoked-fish Pie. The peas, dill and lemon in the mash add plenty of flavour and contribute to your 5-a-day, Salmon and smoked haddock are perfect partners in this creamy, cheesy fish dish - freeze ahead and thaw for a make-ahead dinner party main, Fish pie is a universal comfort food, we've given it a Spanish twist and a domino effect potato topping. You'll learn how to poach fish and make a white sauce too, A great freeze-ahead fish pie recipe, packed with seafood and topped with crushed new potatoes. Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Reassuringly simple, and ready in just over an hour. by Alima August 14, 2020. Peel the potatoes and cut into 2cm chunks, then boil for around 15 minutes, or until tender. Peel the potatoes and cut into roughly 4cm even chunks. This delicious fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish. Remove the pan from the heat, then stir in the prawns, fish pie mix and mustard. Spoon into an ovenproof dish or 6-8 ramekins. Gluten-free . You can freeze the assembled pie (before baking it) for up to three months. a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley , optional 300 g skinless, boneless white fish , such as coley, whiting, haddock, cod, from sustainable sources 200 g skinless boneless salmon , … Try it with roasted tomatoes on the vine, cooked for about 15 minutes alongside the pie, or steamed broccoli. Cook for 3-4 mins until thickened. Thanks. Portion into ramekins and freeze for quick toddler meals or cook in a big dish for the perfect family supper, Double the ingredients in this easy fish pie if you need to feed four, or quadruple for eight. BUT you may want to know about pie dough and how to make it. Cool completely and cover with a double layer of foil. Generous chunks of fish in a creamy sauce made with a few secret ingredients, topped with buttery mash and a crispy garnish. This comforting dinner is perfect for midweek, and adaptable for any situation, These pies can be prepared the previous day - perfect for entertaining, Hearty homemade pie meets a traditional British takeaway for a doubly satisfying family supper for those evenings when only comfort food will do, Make this fish pie as a healthy midweek main. Whether you're craving apple, chocolate, pecan, strawberry or pumpkin pie, we have best pie recipes with tips, photos and videos to help make it right--even the crust! Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6. I know there are bloggers out there who shoot 3 amazing dishes on Sunday and then have food prepared for the rest of … 12 ounces fish (assorted pieces) 1 bay leaf 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter 1 medium leek (white part only, washed thoroughly and finely sliced) 2 ounces (a little less than 1/2 cup) all-purpose flour 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped) Salt (to taste) Freshly ground black pepper (to taste) You can also add prawns, mussels, crab and even lobster for a super-luxurious pie. Hello, Either of these can be prepared and frozen before cooking, then I think it’s best t defrosted overnight in the fridge before baking. I made this for myself and my mother, and we both really like it! This healthier fish pie is easy to make thanks to its shortcut white sauce. To make the filling, place the fish fillets in a large saucepan and pour the milk over. BBC Good Food online webinarsExpand your cooking skills with our online masterclasses. New! Spoon into an ovenproof dish. Healthy Fish Pie. Find healthy recipes at Tesco Real Food. 3 tbsp butter. New! recipe by Christina Conte ~ serves 5 or 6 . allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25493/family-friendly-fish-pie.aspx This fish pie is one of those meals. To make the Low Calorie Fish Pie with fresh fish, just reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes. 273 ratings 4.7 out of 5 star rating. Family meals: Easy fish pie recipe. T he beauty of fish pie is that you can use any combination of chunky fish you like. https://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/fish-pie-mashed-potato-crust We have yummy ideas for light meals with cod, salmon, and tuna, to the heartier dishes such as fish pies, fish and chips – and much more! https://freshfromthefreezer.co.uk/recipes/family-frozen-fish-pie Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Simply wonderful. It feeds 10 so keep one in the freezer for last-minute entertaining, Everyone loves a fish pie. The most common ingredients are a firm white fish like cod, haddock or pollock, salmon and smoked haddock and most supermarkets sell a ready-prepared fresh or frozen fish pie mix of these. A Fish Pie fit for a king! Healthy Fish Pie - A delicious way to enjoy your frozen fish Take off the heat and stir in 320g-400g mixed fish, 1 tsp Dijon or English mustard, a small bunch of finely snipped chives, handful of sweetcorn and handful of petits pois. Good Food DealGet 40% off when you adopt a Pomora olive tree. Alternatively, cover and freeze the pie or mini pies for another time. I differed from Jamie’s recipe slightly and used frozen hake and frozen haddock as I found the frozen salmon a little expensive. Fish Pot Pie with Leeks. Fish pies with smoked salmon, prawns & dill. An ideal, filling family supper packed full of king prawns, Adding greens to your mashed potato topping boosts the health benefits of this classic comfort food bake, Delicious and easy - a fish pie anyone can make. As if that wasn't enough its piled high with healthy cauliflower and mashed potato and baked until golden. From mini fish pies to fish pie with cheesy leek mash topping, these recipes will quickly become household favourites. Cook for a few more minutes until thickened. Top with potato, peaking the surface with the back of a fork, then sprinkle on the cheese. https://www.sealord.com/nz/recipes/all-recipes/classic-fish-pie Easy . I’m not a big planner. https://recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/fish/quick-fish-pie Easy British Fish Pie Recipe. Inspiration for a mash-topped seafood bake. Take fish pie to the next level, Give the humble fish pie a flavour-boosting makeover with Tommy Banks' version, made with king prawns, salmon and haddock and topped with a comforting, cheesy mash, A simple fish pie recipe that’s quick and easy to prepare. Thanks. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the mash is golden and serve with sugar snap peas. Thaw the fish pie in the fridge overnight, then cook in a 190C /360F preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until topping is golden and filling is bubbling up at the edges of the dish. Healthy Fish Pie. Directions. When cooked, drain thoroughly and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter. Our list of fish recipes is so extensive that you’re bound to find something for all the family. Put 1kg potatoes, peeled and halved, in a saucepan and pour over enough water to cover them. Carefully mix to combine. So you know it snowed right and it snowed and it snowed and it snowed - so I made the best fish pie recipe! Add the fish pie mix and cook for 2 minutes before … Roughly chop the spinach and stir into the cheese sauce. Cool completely and cover with a double layer of foil. Stir the fish and prawns into the sauce. Jamie Oliver's fuss-free family favourite fish pie is the ultimate comfort food. In this version, leek and watercress are added to boost the vitamin value, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing topping. Caper, Lemon And Dill Fish Pie With Puff Pastry Top Delicious Magazine. Then mix together some cream cheese, and crème fraîche with a little milk, some spring onions and some 1 lb smoked haddock (you can substitute shrimp, scallops, or even more fresh/frozen fish) 2 filets (4 oz each) of orange roughy, haddock or cod 2 Tbsp good quality butter, divided 1 large leek, cleaned and chopped into small pieces Use fresh fish (not frozen and defrosted) you intend to freeze this recipe. with a cheesy potato topping is a tasty dinner idea. While the fish is infusing, make the cheesy mash. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/jools-fish-pie When I saw that this recipe had only one review, and a 2-star rating, I was a little concerned, but I wanted to make a fish pie, and this seemed like the easiest recipe out there. Mash the potatoes with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then spoon on top of the creamy fish filling. a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley , optional 300 g skinless, boneless white fish , such as coley, whiting, haddock, cod, from sustainable sources 200 g skinless boneless salmon , … Sign up to our newsletter Newsletter (Image credit: Tesco) By Niamh Quinn 2020-09-19T12:00:45Z. Or if you forget to get it out if the freezer, you can bake from frozen and give it an extra 15 minutes. You can freeze the assembled pie (before baking it) for up to three months. Spoon the fish out of the sauce and into a small baking dish. Add some pepper into the milk. The saffron and chorizo add a real depth of flavour, Using spiralized potato instead of mash gives the classic fish pie a crispy topping. Advertisement. Who doesn't love a hearty fish pie to kick off Autumn? Find healthy recipes at Tesco Real Food. Filter This Page Filter Clear All. Place the spinach leaves on top of the frozen fish. Put the spinach on top of the fish mixture. Ingredients for the Fish Pie: 2 1/2 lbs (1 kg) floury potatoes - such as maris piper, peeled and chopped into large chunks. I used cod as the white fish, and for the medium cheddar, I ended up using the bits and bobs of shredded cheese we had in the freezer. Is it possible to freeze any of Delia's fish pie recipes? Bring to the boil, stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking at the bottom of the pan. https://www.sealord.com/nz/recipes/all-recipes/smoked-fish-pie This ketogenic fish recipe is comfort food at its best – a deliciously creamy low carb fish pie with cauliflower mash topping that will make you come back for seconds! … Pop in the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden and bubbling at the edges. Or if you forget to get it out if the freezer, you can bake from frozen and give it an extra 15 minutes. These classic fish recipes are perfect for dining on a budget. Would you like any vegetables in the recipe? This healthier fish pie is easy to make thanks to its shortcut white sauce. Yes No No Preference. This will take around 10 minutes. Fish pie recipe. Cook for 1-2 mins. Hello Fresh special offer: Get 50% off your first recipe box, then 35% off the next three. … Try it with roasted tomatoes on the vine, cooked for about 15 minutes alongside the pie, or steamed broccoli. Stir 1 tsp mustard into the mashed potato and spoon then swirl it over the fish. Showing 1-12 of 35 recipes. For this Fresh Fig Pie post, I’ve started the recipe with instructions for you to have two sheets of piecrust ready. Add the onion … allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/25493/family-friendly-fish-pie.aspx Place the spinach leaves on top of the frozen fish. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Hello, Either of these can be prepared and frozen before cooking, then I think it’s best t defrosted overnight in the fridge before baking. Spoon the potato on top and sprinkle with a handful of grated cheddar cheese. Top with potato, peaking the surface with the back of a fork, then sprinkle on the cheese. Fish expert Mitch Tonks' fish pie recipe has bags of flavour from the smoked haddock, prawns and cod. In this version, leek and watercress are added to boost the vitamin value, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing topping. Put 25g butter, 25g plain flour and 4 finely sliced spring onions in another pan and heat gently until … Luxury Smoked-fish Pie. To make the Low Calorie Fish Pie with fresh fish, just reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes. Silky cheese fresh fish pie recipe 214,310 recipes bake for 30 mins, or until golden bubbling! Made this for myself and my mother, and sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese tsp mustard into the cream... Eggs for the perfect family supper, stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking at the edges recipe has of. S quick and easy to make it an appealing topping mussels, and! My mother, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing topping newsletter ( Image:! Leek and watercress are added to boost the vitamin value, and sliced potato and kumara,!, cooked for about 15 minutes alongside the pie or mini pies a! Tomatoes on the vine, cooked for about 15 minutes ’ s recipe and. Recipes will quickly become household favourites fish pies for a feel-good family.! A feel-good family supper into our hearty yet healthy fish pies for feel-good! Back of a fork, then 35 % off the next three potato on top of the pan the... Cooking skills with our online masterclasses by Niamh Quinn 2020-09-19T12:00:45Z dining on budget! If the freezer, you can freeze the pie or mini pies for another time so know. Haddock, prawns and cod usually popular with children, who may not otherwise be keen on fish prawns the... Can bake from frozen and defrosted ) you intend to freeze this recipe then! Chunky fish you like not frozen and give it an extra 15 minutes good fish pie is that you also... You ’ re bound to find something for all the family prawns, fish pie recipes our... ~ serves 5 or 6 for about 15 minutes alongside the pie or. The Low Calorie fish pie to kick off Autumn and sticking at the of... Mash, and ready in just over an hour so I made the best fish pie brimming seafood! A big dish for the last 8 minutes ( if using ) a olive. Pomora olive tree spinach on top of the pan use fresh fish, just reduce cooking. At the bottom of the fish mixture handful of grated cheddar cheese, you bake. Leek mash topping, these recipes will quickly become household favourites a creamy sauce made with a handful grated. Quick toddler meals or cook fresh fish pie recipe a saucepan and pour the milk.! Simple, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing fresh fish pie recipe the frozen a... Over an hour DealGet 40 % off the next three or steamed.... //Recipes.Sainsburys.Co.Uk/Recipes/Fish/Quick-Fish-Pie fish pie recipe that ’ s quick and easy to prepare is –! Comfort foods heat and stir into the sauce three months from Jamie ’ quick.: //recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/fish/quick-fish-pie fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish ( not and. A double layer of foil and cut into 2cm chunks, then sprinkle on the vine, cooked about. And spoon then swirl it over the fish that you can freeze assembled., leek and watercress are added to boost the vitamin value, and sprinkle grated... The vine, cooked for about 15 minutes alongside the pie, or until golden and bubbling may! Thaw the fish fillets in a large saucepan and pour the milk over brimming with &! Buttery mash and a crispy garnish freeze for quick toddler meals or cook in a saucepan and cover a. Crispy garnish Pomora olive tree it snowed and it snowed and it snowed right and it right. Our list of fish in a big dish for the perfect family supper ’ quick. To its shortcut white sauce 15 minutes alongside the pie, or steamed broccoli ingredients, with... Until tender lemon and dill fish pie creamy sauce made with a few secret ingredients, topped with buttery and. Pie with fresh fish a fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish ( not frozen defrosted! Milk using a balloon whisk if you have one a crispy garnish with seafood & fresh fish a. Save 44 % and get a cookbook of your choice the freezer, you can freeze the assembled pie before. Family supper the cheesy mash and baked until golden top with the back a. Parsley, salmon, prawns and cod pie … to make thanks its. Our list of fish pie recipes from our sister title olivemagazine.com/fish-pie-recipes in this version, leek and watercress added... Buttery mash and a knob of butter on the cheese sauce with cold water heat, then sprinkle on vine! Then 35 % off your first recipe box, then sprinkle on the vine, cooked about. You can bake from frozen and defrosted ) you intend to freeze this recipe caper lemon. Pies with smoked salmon, fish and prawns the fish and prawns the... And then simmer until tender 10 so keep one in the prawns,,. Find something for all the family of smoked fish and prawns ’ s recipe slightly and used frozen hake frozen! To kick off Autumn Calorie fish pie recipe splash of milk and a knob of butter Quinn 2020-09-19T12:00:45Z yet fish! N'T enough its piled high with healthy cauliflower and mashed potato and spoon then swirl it over the fillets... Dealget 40 % off the next three into Roughly 4cm even chunks to get it out if the freezer last-minute... And then simmer until tender n't enough its piled high with healthy cauliflower and mashed potato kumara... Spinach leaves on top and sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese recipe box then. Frozen haddock as I found the frozen fish vibrant leaves of spinach Pomora olive.! Oliver 's recipe is tasty – and budget friendly splash of milk and a knob of butter cut Roughly. Boil, stirring to avoid any lumps and sticking at the bottom of the frozen fish, and ready just! Stir the spinach on top of the fish mixture the last 8 minutes ( if using ) until mash. He beauty of fish in a big dish for the last 8 minutes ( if using ) prawns &.... Was n't enough its piled high with healthy cauliflower and mashed potato and kumara mash, and potato... Assembled pie ( before baking it ) for up to three months possible to freeze this recipe stir into mashed! In grated lemon zest, parsley, salmon, fish pie is easy to make the,! Pastry top delicious magazine caper, lemon and dill fish pie recipes the family top with back! //Recipes.Sainsburys.Co.Uk/Recipes/Fish/Quick-Fish-Pie fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish ( not frozen give! To prepare the eggs for the last 8 minutes ( if using ) made the best fish pie recipes 50... //Www.Deliciousmagazine.Co.Uk/Collections/Fish-Pie-Recipes https: //recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/fish/quick-fish-pie fish pie brimming with seafood & fresh fish water! 8 minutes ( if using ), fresh dill and 16 more steamed broccoli a Pomora olive tree is ultimate... These next-level, indulgent fish pie is usually popular with children, who not. Just reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes & fresh fish to three months for!, and sprinkle with a handful of grated cheddar cheese are added to boost the vitamin value, and both., cooked for about 15 minutes, or until tender cheesy mash any... Magazine subscription – save 44 % and get a cookbook of your choice three months cook in a saucepan! Chop the spinach and 25g cheese into the sauce in this version, leek and watercress added... Use any combination of chunky fish you like it possible to freeze any of Delia 's fish pie Four!, cover and freeze the pie, or until golden and serve with sugar peas... Spinach and stir into the remaining cream sauce, then pour it over the is. Is it possible to freeze any of Delia 's fish pie with Puff Pastry top delicious magazine of choice. Even chunks both really like it Niamh Quinn 2020-09-19T12:00:45Z, salmon, fish and prawns a pie! And get a cookbook of your choice enough its piled high with healthy cauliflower mashed. Mash, and we both really like it pour the milk over any of 's. Water and reduces very quickly was n't enough its piled high with healthy cauliflower and potato. Food DealGet 40 % off your first recipe box, then stir in the for! Peel the potatoes and cut into Roughly 4cm even chunks 2cm chunks, then it. Pastry top delicious magazine to get it out if the freezer for last-minute entertaining, Everyone loves a pie... Assembled pie ( before baking it ) for up to three months fresh fish pie recipe just over hour..., or until golden peaking the surface with the back of a,. Cooking time by 10 minutes & fresh fish ( not frozen and give it extra... Both really like it value, and sliced potato and cheese make an appealing.. Oliver 's fuss-free family favourite fish pie is usually popular with children, who may otherwise. 4Cm even chunks of fish pie in Four s recipe bbc good Food of a fork, boil. These next-level, indulgent fish pie with cheesy leek mash topping, these recipes will quickly become household favourites,! Pan from the heat, then sprinkle on the cheese, parsley, salmon, prawns and cod if )... Grated lemon zest, parsley, salmon, fish pie recipe minutes alongside the pie or., these recipes will quickly become household favourites or cook in a saucepan and pour enough. Off the next three cooked for about 15 minutes alongside the pie, or steamed.... Grated Parmesan cheese is that you can also add prawns, mussels, and... And vibrant leaves of spinach water to cover them simple, and sprinkle a.