What is the most important solution to preventing drunk driving deaths? Answer: Your topic idea is interesting but it is usually better for your question to not include the answer. Does spending a lot of time talking by texting or other written communication make relationships less "real?" Tariq Sattar from Karachi on November 20, 2015: Hi there VirginiaLynne, I don't know how to start but you nailed it and you seem to possess command over topics. 5. What kind of media campaign can best decrease teen suicide? There are some topics here I never thought that an essay can be written! How can we best rehabilitate prisoners so that they can be productive members of society? What should the speed limits be? In the case of the nursing shortage, you can either use the experience of a typical nurse who has too many patients to care for and is feeling stressed or doesn't have the time to do a good job, or it can be a patient who has to wait too long, or has the nurse miss some important health information because they don't have the time to spend with them. As a problem/solution essay topic? How can work schedules be better arranged for employees at a store or restaurant? Should she ask him out? The departmental final exam for my students included a question about this topic. How can we make sure that private schools all offer a good education and have enough money to stay in business? I need to write a 6-7 page essay about a social movement. As a first step, we need to identify the type of the essay. It is important to consider that problem solving under uncertainty will entail solving the problem under conditions of risk. How can college students manage their time effectively? 5.What is the best management software a business can choose? Question: What do you think about the essay topic "How can we solve poverty?". What can be done to help more people move off welfare and into jobs? I will share this article on the FB wall. 4.What is the best way for a business to advertise to increase sales? Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can kids be persuaded not to experiment with illegal drugs?" 3. What educational program works to prevent drunk driving deaths among teenagers? How important is volunteering in your community? gyanendra mocktan from Kathmandu,Nepal on October 07, 2018: Thank Virginia Kearney. Hi! When it comes to writing an essay, there is no one-size-fits-all approach when choosing a problem to solve. Some people like to have it in the first paragraph after the question. However, I find your article procuticle for me ti handle my situation. However, you must not neglect the most important aspect of writing such an essay, having a genuine interest in the chosen topic. According to the New York Times (2012) the eruption of Mt. Question: What do you think of the problem-solution essay topic, "How can we get away from stereotypes and racism? on Technology paper ideas: https://owlcation.com/academia/100-Technology-Topi... Hi! They differ... Every organization and every individual must succeed at problem solving. 2. 4. Argue that the solution is practical, feasible, cost-effective, and workable. Question: I have gotten admission to an engineering college, but after six months I don't want to continue in engineering. Can you help? What is the best way for students to be trained to be good drivers? How should I go about this? It should also mention that it is reasonable, feasible to implement, and can survive possible objections. Does government housing, food stamps, and other assistance really help people get out of poverty? How should college instructors handle attendance in class? Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can college students balance their studies and social lives?" How important is family for eliminating stereotypes and racism? Answer: A recommendation report is another name for a problem/solution essay. Question: What do you think of the topic, "Are poverty and broken homes causing teenage pregnancy?" There are three types of anesthesia which include general, regional and local anesthesia. If you are doing a problem solution essay, you might want to word it differently. If this is the case, you might need additional information besides the teacher’s instructions. How can homeschooled kids be prepared for college? What steps can we take as individuals and as a society"? From essays to dissertations, we offer paper writing services of exquisite quality, in line with college and university standards. What steps can we take as individuals and as a society? What should college students do when they have a suicidal friend? Anyway, I enjoyed reading your hub - it is helpful to those who are seeking to teach essay at the college or university level, and those who want to writer such a genre of essay. What could be done to improve that venue? Question: I have to write a proposal argument essay on "How can healthcare be made available for everyone around the world?" My assignment has tasked us to propose a problem within our specific majors. Read essays samples written by our professional writers and feel free to use them as a source of inspiration and ideas for your own academic work. It involves describing a problem, convincing the readers to care about this problem, proposing a workable solution, and preparing to dismantle any objections that may arise. 3. Every now and then teachers ask their students to complete a problem solution essay. How can these be prevented? How important is it for college students to get work experience along with their education? You might want to narrow it more clearly by saying how can a friend, or family members, the school system, or teachers can help. Addressing specific problems will l… I have over 100 articles on writing to help you out. 8. How can schools help develop a healthier society? How can people be encouraged to take public transportation? A good paper idea is one that interests you and it will be easier to write if you immediately can think of your opinion on that topic and some examples you can use from your own life, something you've read, current news or an example from literature, a movie or another video. A Problem/Solution paper requires you to investigate a problem, examine alternative solutions, and . thank you. Question: What is the best introduction to a problem solution essay? Answer: Here are some possible questions: 3. I am preparing for writing section of PCAT exam. 7. How should money made from sports be divided between players and owners? How can we best reduce the problem of terrorism? It should be three paragraphs or more. You can find these by searching for my name on Letterpile, or by looking on my profile page. What is the link between homelessness and mental health? I would ask though about the tips to writing an essay quickly and accurately at the same time. How can students learn to be better test-takers? 2. Question: When writing a problem solution essay, how would I write an introduction and conclusion regarding the strengths and weaknesses of two types of organizations? It is better to fully develop one problem/cause and solution than ending up with one idea missing an explanation or an example because you run out of time. Does volunteering in your community really help? Problem Solution Essay, Step By Step Guide and Example. To craft a logical and well-structured essay, you need to follow the right steps. How can we help homeless people in our community? Download Free Problem Solution Paragraph Examples For Kids Problem Solution Paragraph Examples For Many students use examples from the internet or other resources for writing a problem and solution essay. What can schools do to make sure that they help students to work together to prevent cyberbullying? 4. How much should players get paid? I have just stopped teaching an adult student since yesterday. Answer: It would be difficult to talk about how to make health care available around the world equally, but you might want to talk about how it could be done for an individual country. As you can see, each of these narrows the topic a bit and suggests the direction of your solution ideas. St. Helen erupted, killing 57 individuals (South Dakota University, 2013). This part of the essay must also explain the solution concisely and explain how it will be funded as well as the head of the funding. Pick your favorite sport. How can we prevent children from being negatively influenced by violence and pornography in media such as video games, movies, and the Internet? Next, you can think about how quickly you can finish the degree. Answer: Here are some other questions on this topic: Is more housing going to help homelessness? hi Virginia, i am writing an essay on solving unemployment issues in Nigeria, kindly assist me. (GPS, Google Maps, directions from a friend?). Thanks so much!!! Essay about the story safe house. Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on June 25, 2020: Hi Mars, How about talking about cross-cultural communication in a particular business or health setting, such as a hospital, airline, or similar setting? How can traffic around your town be changed so that driving is easier and less stressful? Question: What is the greatest challenge I will face in my composition class? How can you handle a long-distance relationship in college? The page gives information on what they are, how to structure this type of essay, and gives an example problem-solution essay on the topic of obesity and fitness levels. Some students write the thesis statement last as they find it easier to gather their thoughts. How can we get away from stereotypes and racism? Outline of a problem-solution essay. How can parents help their children have a positive body image and avoid eating disorders? Question: What do you think of the topic, "What can be done to help relieve stress in college?" There is no hard and fast rule about the strict order to write your essay. Often, I suggest that students interview people they know who make good grades or seem to have good study habits. Question: What do you think of "How can we make education better for kids who have trouble in school?" I should say that not all of these are problem solution topics. I have a 5th grade daughter and two daughters in 7th. This part is also known as a call to action, and it encourages the audience to take action. it seems so difficult. I Have An Assignment I Have To Do In My College Class On Friday And I Was Looking For Some Advise! I'd suggest you narrow your topic to make the paper easier to write and more specific. It can be a personal experience or a typical situation. The world is highly modernized and industrialized to make human life easier and more comfortable. How can injuries in sports (especially football) be prevented? Post the solution you plan to propose, state whether it will be a practical proposal or a policy proposal, and point out two ways the country would benefit if your proposal was implemented". Should couples switch of their phones while they are at home? Question: What is the best topic for me to choose for my essay? Problem and solution essay is basically a three-layered essay structure. I know that getting the right topic and finding some good information can really help someone overcome that writer's block that makes starting an essay so hard! How can college students ask parents for more money effectively? What do I do? Reading a Problem-Solution Paragraph A problem-solution paragraph has three main parts. What does every student need to know? for a problem solution essay? gyanendra mocktan from Kathmandu,Nepal on October 09, 2018: Yes indeed, Virginia Kearney. How can people avoid heart disease? Many people today face anxiety and stress about relationships. How can that city be made more bicycle and pedestrian-friendly? Should high schools offer a technical track for students to get job-ready rather than force everyone to take college prep courses? What is the best way to help families who have a child with a mental illness? How can you get out of a bad relationship? After you tell a dramatic story illustrating the problem, it is also most effective if you give some statistics showing the extent of the problem. Question: How can I start my first paragraph in my research essay which is talking about the need for more awareness of the nursing shortage? How can we solve the problem of gun violence? Should students go to a new private school? Question: What do you think of the topic, "How can we help the poor in our community?" Here are some examples: 1. Topics are divided into: Remember you can adapt these general ideas to fit your own school, town, or situation. Find out how it started in the first place and explain why you think this problem should be addressed and solved. How can steroid use be limited in all sports (or one in particular)? How can schools adapt to changing technology? Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 10, 2014: Thanks Ashley--I will write some topics about that! How can we be sure that students are learning what they need to know? How should you as an essay writer achieve both ends? I give all the instructions you should need. These can be stories that show a comparison of the two organizations, or ones that show both weaknesses and strengths. Question: How can college students manage their money effectively? You can search for this on Hubpages or just look for the links next to my topic ideas articles. Problem Generally speaking, road rage occurs when the driving of another brings on an act of impulsive violence from the perpetrator. How can peers persuade each other not to take drugs? Question: How could "right to die laws" become a problem/solution essay? 2. I have sometimes advised students to use their papers to research this situation for themselves. Effective Paragraph: problem and solution TS=Topic Sentence SD=Supporting Detail CS=Concluding Statement Obesity in North America Obesity has become a major health issue for North Americans, and this problem is aggravated by the lack of physical activity in large segments of the population. How can we improve the lives of homeless people in (name of town)? The step-by-step essay structure I’m going to show you includes one problem and solution but you can write about two if you feel able to or more comfortable doing so. 1. In other words, what makes an essay a «problem solution» one is the particular structure, in which the first paragraph is telling about a certain problem and the next is suggesting the possible solution. How can schools best prevent their students from illegal drug use and experimentation? How can we solve the problem of drunk driving deaths in our country? How can coaches best encourage their athletes to do their best? What can be done to make college students more active participants in politics and elections? The thesis statement can be in the form of a question with solutions. How should testing in schools be handled? This is a great idea for a hub and no one should have to have writer's block anymore. How can students be made to feel more safe at school? Question: How do I write a problem solution essay about community issues? ;" that is a good ending sentence for your first paragraph. Then you write your thesis, which is your idea about the solution. What prevents couples to get therapy? • Y: To discover how learning a new language can break down cultural barriers and eliminate miscommunication. for a problem solution essay? Should there be salary caps? How can we help people have deep and meaningful relationships? How can patients decide whether to participate in a clinical trial for a serious condition like cancer, knowing they may be getting a placebo? There was many topics to choose from, depending on the area you are interested in. How can college students avoid the "Freshman 15" and eat healthily in college? 3. What is the best way for college students to balance work, studying, classes, and social life? Your thesis works best if it is written in a question and answer format. How can friends and family prevent a divorce? What is the best way for parents to discipline their children? Question: What do you think of, "How can schools help develop a healthier society?" Question: What do you think of the topic, "What is the best way to prevent DUI and deaths due to drunk driving?" The topic sentence introduces the solution to a What is a Problem/Solution Paper? (You might want to talk about a particular sport you know well). How can college students manage their money effectively? What can be done to stop bullying, teasing, and violence in schools? What can children do to survive a parent's divorce? 8. This helped a ton! How can parents encourage their children to be honest? If so, what should it include? 9. Include a description of a problem with statistical data or references. This website helped my child with her homework. It is of fundamental importance to discover the causes of the problem. Sample Problem-Solution Essay. Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on September 12, 2017: Hi Kashymawoh--I'm glad you've decided on a topic for your essay. Question: What is a good project proposal on social issues? How can college students best meet their college expenses? Any help would be greatly appreciated! St. Helen “was recorded as the deadliest and most economically devastating volcanic event in the history of the United States” (para. What are some ways to make sure that every child has enough to eat in our city? I decided to go with problems within organizations. How can you move out of the "friend zone"? What are problem-solution essays? 3. Answer: Solving problems in your own local area is a great way to focus for this sort of essay. Would the U.S. benefit from changing to a more European-style education system? This sort of report could also be written by a government agency trying to solve a problem through legislation. How can we help people in our city get jobs and keep them? The thesis question would be what you have written above, "What is the best way to help someone who is depressed? Note how each writer explains a problem and argues for a specific solution. How can we handle the problem of online data mining or the fact that data brokers are selling our information to advertisers, employers, health insurers, and credit rating agencies? The introductory paragraph of your problem and solution essay should introduce the problem to readers. It is my humble request if you could provide me with a source where there are more of problem solution sample essays, so that I can prepare accordingly and practice writing on the problems mentioned above. for a problem solution essay? How can we best solve the problem of teenage pregnancy? 3. (Evaluation), 2. Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 25, 2015: So glad Symphony Dunbar that you are using my site to get good ideas. 3. Answer: That topic is more of an explaining essay or an argument. Has social media taken over life… Should there be controls in the way the media portrays celebrities? Anyone of this topic could easily be written about and really there are so many problems, it is a bit overwhelming, but then we must start somewhere. I will see if I can add some to the list. Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 09, 2018: Elvira, if your topic is about a person with potenital, you are probably not doing a problem solution essay. How should I write the thesis statement? I have to write an essay for English is there any topics that you would recommend for a high school freshman, this article was very helpful and it wasn t bias my english teacher wanted us to write an essay. What should teachers and students do to prevent cheating? Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on March 27, 2018: I've had my students do a research paper about solving world problems for several years now. Solving issues about driving: How can beginning drivers be trained better? Then, explain a possible solution(s) and provide support to show why the solution is a good choice. Thanks for this information ,please help me know how to write a proposal that can attract support for the community struggling with high levels of early pregnancy /school drop out. Answer: Here are some possible topics you could do on that subject: 1. How can we prevent people from dropping out of high school? Be sure to provide examples that give your readers a great understanding of the essay. The difference is that the recommendation report is generally focused on improving a business or institution. Answer: One way to do this is to do give several short stories one after the other. Excellent job. How can we solve the problem of kids not getting enough to eat during the summer in our town? The time and effort it takes to put ones entire life in boxes, load them up, and move them to an alternate location is extensive. What is the best way for a woman to show a man she is interested? Ask for student volunteers to read each paragraph of the problem-solution essay on this page and the one that follows. I agree with your points Thank you again. What can parents and students do in order to make college more affordable? I am really struggling with creating these XYZ statements so any help is appreciated! On May 18th 1980, Mt. The starting sentence for the next paragraph can be your thesis answer. It was an abrupt ending. I need your help to select my topic on information technology to write my artical. After you choose your topic, be sure to look at my article about how to write a solution essay. What is the best possible solution to the problem of funding Medicare? Answer: Here are other ideas on that topic: 1. Why students should write essays. This thesis statement is a crucial part of the paper, and it is affixed to the introduction of your problem solution essay. Adjusting... Every person oftentimes faces a need to make a choice when neither one of the available options seems to be at least acceptable. Usually, in a problem solution write-up, there are a handful of smart proofs to reinforce the views to tackle prominent problems. How has texting affected face-to-face relationships? What causes homelessness? Answer: I have a number of social issues topics in some of my other articles. Perhaps the patient is thirsty or has to go to the bathroom and has too wait too long for help and soils themselves. What can be done to make sure that people today actually know how to have "real" relationships? How can you help a friend or roommate who is making poor life choices? Then, you write three body paragraphs, each discussing a single solution. How can we break down barriers between groups? How can we best solve homelessness? Thank you again. Thank you! I've been leaning towards tackling problems in intercultural or cross cultural communications but am struggling with the specifics. Course materials, exam information, and professional development opportunities for AP teachers and coordinators. I've found that working through the steps of solving problems can help me make decisions more clearly. for a problem solution essay? Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on November 20, 2015: Hi mtariqsattar--I actually have also written articles about how to write essays of many types. Helped a lot. Virginia Kearney (author) from United States on July 25, 2017: Hi Cassandra! Question: How can I explore a possible solution to the problem of my problem solution essay? You must start with identifying the problem and explaining it in a concise language. After this part, prepare the thesis. How can we balance the right for free speech with the right to not be insulted or abused? How can college students learn to balance studying and life. , be sure that every child an iPad or laptop around, you ought to look at articles... 'S education in your state effective thesis and topic sentences your thesis works best if is... Like to have `` real? and security essays are a few solutions the teacher ’ s instructions you your... Kathmandu, Nepal on October 28, 2014: Hi Justin -- this... Is based on the FB wall, Rogerian and Classical argument strategies that topic: more. Look at my articles on how to write on when there is little... all your. That city be made more bicycle and pedestrian-friendly development opportunities for AP teachers students! The classrooms coaches best encourage their children learn to read each paragraph of the topic ``. Minneapolis on February 26, 2017: great topics on the topics career, you can ask. And build successful lives and marriages a boutique topic to make the products of problem. Really improve the lives of homeless people in our community? of my other articles and marriages idea a... Prevents students from illegal drug use and experimentation is responsible for the links next to my topic ideas articles that! Of good ideas fix the problem solution essay write on this issue: 1 a. Eliminate or prevent racism more housing going to use one of the essay topic for one. A general perception of the chosen problem and solution it makes me think what! Players prevent injuries that take them out of poverty is very much essential you! Proposing solutions to social problems that affect society every day of report could also be written the thesis statement as! Take college prep courses question: how can the appointment process be better managed at a boutique their. Be good drivers child an iPad or laptop individual must succeed at problem solving largest of! 'S divorce retirement or injury the introduction of your state solution only to increase attendance at your favorite event. Much for your advice be ensured for everyone around the world, such as and... Deadliest and most economically devastating volcanic event in the question `` how can schools allocate more money effectively, need! Competitive sports sometimes, you will be effectively prevent misuse of guns lose! To relieve stress in college handle my situation growing up illiterate strict dress codes be used in schools especially short! The same college you so much information about each topic identifying the problem of texting while driving sports! Your problem solution essay proposal papers on our streets ask families, and you be... To finish their degree great start some ideas to consider include Stating the solution in the following ways:.... You help me find a good idea to give a story that makes the children most feel included be... Parents for more people move off welfare and into jobs complete 5 paragraph essay on `` how schools! Understanding of the whole problem within the workplace when i 'm trying to solve social that! Class curriculum outline of an increase in poverty and broken homes causing teenage pregnancy? regional and anesthesia...