And these are the facts: Season: April 1 to October 30. There is pay & display parking in Battersea Park (see map), a 10 minute walk across Albert Bridge. It is well sign-posted but you can just follow the … It is a lovely garden for anyone interested in botany, the history of garden plants, or herb lore. Chelsea Cloisters Pure Parking London > Travel > Car Park Lucan Place, Chelsea, London SW3 | 11 minutes walk from Chelsea Physic Garden Car park close to South Kensington, convenient for Knightsbridge and the old Brompton Road. Photo copyright: Charlie Hopkinson. www.qverlondres.com. First established by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries in order to grow medicinal plants, this extraordinary garden in London has had wide reaching impact around the world. This garden is referred as a physic garden, which means that it … Together we are trying to raise the £1 million we need to preserve these structures and the rare plants they house. Spend a relaxed spring or summer afternoon with exclusive use of the beautiful Chelsea Physic Garden for your private Garden Party. Select from premium Chelsea Physic Garden of the highest quality. This time I had time to spare and decided to visit on a quiet August evening. Book your tickets online for Chelsea Physic Garden, London: See 624 reviews, articles, and 663 photos of Chelsea Physic Garden, ranked No.59 on Tripadvisor among 2,341 attractions in London. Parking is available around the garden, with coin-operated meters. Chelsea Physic Garden is a hidden gem in the heart of London that feels very much like you’ve stepped into the pages of the beloved children’s novel, The Secret Garden. 66 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 4HS, Chelsea Physic Garden will remain open to visitors throughout lockdown. History of Chelsea Physic Garden. Station or stop Close map panel. Modern botanical gardens were preceded by medieval physic gardens that originated at the time of Emperor Charlemagne. A botanical garden or botanic gardenThe terms botanic and botanical and garden or gardens are used more-or-less interchangeably, although the word botanic is generally reserved for the earlier, more traditional gardens. New!! Both a botanical garden and a pleasure garden, it is a delightful place to be on a summer afternoon. A superb and delightful find in Chelsea. (The word "Physic" here refers to the science of healing.) Royal Hospital Road Chelsea London SW3 4HS Chelsea Physic Garden telephone number: 020 7352 5646 Map of Chelsea Physic Garden, London London Transport to Chelsea Physic Garden Nearest Tube: Sloane Square Tube Lines: Circle and District Lines Hotels and BnBs near Chelsea Physic Garden London The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries' Garden in London, England, in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries to grow plants to be used as medicines. Neighborhood Southwest London Hours Tues–Fri 11am–6pm, Sun and bank holidays 11am–6pm Transportation Tube: Sloane Sq Phone 020/7352-5646 Prices Adults and seniors £9.90, students and children 5–15 £6.60 Web site Chelsea Physic Garden Photo: Wikimedia, CC BY-SA 2.0. Map of Chelsea Physic Garden. The first renaissance botanical garden was the Orto Botanico in Padua. Learn. If you would like to donate by cheque please make payable to The Chelsea Physic Garden Company and send it to Fundraising, Chelsea Physic Garden, 66 Royal Hospital Road, London, SW3 4HS. Postcode See more » Botanical garden. Glasshouses have a long tradition at the Garden, they've allowed many a gardener to cultivate exotic species for over 300 years. How to visit the Chelsea Physic Garden. Neighborhood Southwest London Hours Tues–Fri 11am–6pm, Sun and bank holidays 11am–6pm Transportation Tube: Sloane Sq Phone 020/7352-5646 Prices Adults and seniors £9.90, students and children 5–15 £6.60 Web site Chelsea Physic Garden In the heart of metropolitan London grows a garden of living history: the Chelsea Physic Garden. The nearest tube station is Sloane Square (District and Circle lines). The entrance to the garden is an opening in the wall around the corner. Celebrate your wedding in the spectacular yet understated, tranquil beauty of the Garden. We are happy to be able to provide a green space for our local community. This is a pre-booked workshop, click here to find out more. Please note that bicycles are not allowed inside the Garden. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries Garden of London, in 1673. Cross Tite Street and then turn left into Swan Walk. Vacancies. Butterfly Walk at Chelsea Physic Garden. I wasn’t sure what to expect…this is what I’d read online: “The Chelsea Physic Garden was founded in 1673, as the Apothecaries' Garden, with the purpose of training apprentices in identifying plants. The nearest underground station is Sloane Square. The map below shows the location of Chelsea Physic Garden and road map, satellite view and street view near Chelsea Physic Garden. Chelsea Physic Garden: Practical Information and Map . Gardens of this time included various sections including one for medicinal plants called the herbularis or hortus medicus. Please consider making a donation. Chelsea Physic Garden Chelsea Physic Garden Address. Expect to spend as little as 45 mins or 2.5 hrs. TripAdvisor Traveller Rating Based on 625 reviews ... Venue Details & Map Chelsea Physic Garden Address. Chelsea Physic Garden, 66 Royal Hospital Garden, Chelsea, London SW3 4HS OPENING TIMES 27 Jan to 4 Feb daily 10am-4pm | 5 Feb to 29 Mar Mon to Fri 11am-4pm | Easter Weekend 11am-6pm | Main Season 3 Apr to 2 Nov Mon to Fri, Sun & Bank Holidays 11am-6pm, cafe 11am-5pm How to visit the Chelsea Physic Garden. The first renaissance botanical garden was the Orto Botanico in Padua. CHELSEA PHYSIC GARDEN. Chelsea Physic Garden by PAUL FARMER geograph for square TQ2777. The nearest underground station is Sloane Square. 17th Century apothecaries established Chelsea Physic Garden, and their work is continued today in its living collection of around 5,000 plants that have changed the world. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as an Apothecary garden in 1673. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries' Garden in London, England, in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries to grow plants to be used as medicines. It is well sign-posted but you can just follow the … The showground location is the site of the Royal Chelsea Hospital Chelsea. Bus routes served by this stop. Office Volunteers. The garden is also open for a Christmas Fair at the end of November Chelsea Cloisters Pure Parking London > Travel > Car Park Lucan Place, Chelsea, London SW3 | 11 minutes walk from Chelsea Physic Garden Car park close to South Kensington, convenient for Knightsbridge and the old Brompton Road. With our Learning team. We currently recruiting an Evaluation and Reporting Freelancer for January 2021. Learn how to improve the quality of your soil through simple processes to enable your plants to flourish. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries' Garden in London, England, in 1673. Here you can see an interactive Open Street map which shows the exact location of Chelsea Physic Garden. The Chelsea Flower Show is held in the last week in May, organised by RHS Royal Horticultural Society. 1.4 Miles from Chelsea Physic Garden Hotel in Victoria, Central London Grapevine Hotel is a two star London budget hotel with a great location near Buckingham Palace in Victoria, Central London. We are happy to be able to provide a green space for our local community. Please read our, The English Gardening School at Chelsea Physic Garden. In the heart of metropolitan London grows a garden of living history: the Chelsea Physic Garden. Read more. Place of interest. Founded in 1673 it is one of London’s oldest botanic gardens and contains a unique living collection of around 5,000 different edible, useful, medicinal and historical plants within its sheltering walls. Learn more. The garden is also open for a Christmas Fair at the end of November Map of Chelsea Physic Garden. Field and Semple, Chelsea Physic Garden, 1878 (modified by Mark Laird) [copy on EH file] Perredes, Plan of Chelsea Physic Garden, 1906 (in LUC 1999) Chelsea Physic Garden as of 1983, (Chelsea Physic Garden Report 1996) Plan of Chelsea Physic Garden, guide leaflet, (Trustees of Chelsea Physic Garden 1988) OS Map of Borough of Chelsea, 1946 You can get to the Garden by bike in 15 minutes from Clapham or Fulham, 20 minutes from Brixton, and 30 minutes from Shoreditch or Peckham. Today the Chelsea Physic Garden remains dedicated to promoting education, conservation, and scientific research and is a partner in the joint initiative, the Ethnomedica Project, with medical herbalists at the Royal Botanic Garden at Kew, the Eden Project, … With our guidance, you will choose a variety of flowers and take home at the end of the workshop. Please renew your Friends' membership. See more ideas about Physics, Chelsea, Garden … Book Tickets Here The Chelsea Physic Garden is on the London Gardens Walk and included in the eBook guide to the London Gardens Walk The Chelsea Physic Garden is easily accessible by bus; the 170 route to Victoria train station stops directly outside the Garden. Tucked away beside the Thames, Chelsea Physic Garden is the oldest botanic garden in London and houses around 5,000 different medicinal, herbal, edible, and useful plants. Account Options. I actually spent 4 hours! Our Foster and Pearson glasshouses are over a hundred years old. Chelsea Physic Garden. Chelsea Physic Garden is the oldest botanic garden in London and houses around 5,000 different medicinal, herbal, edible, and useful plants. From just £40** a Friends' Membership subscription gives you access to Chelsea Physic Garden, The Christmas Fair, partner gardens, and helps preserve this historic garden for future generations. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries’ Garden in London, England, in 1673. The pond rock garden, constructed from various rock types including Icelandic lava, is Grade II* listed. Join us for seasonal flower and leaf pressing. Map view. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries' Garden in London, England, in 1673. Kick off the New Year with Chelsea Physic Garden and learn how to make your very own Snowdrop Kokedama. Tucked away beside the Thames in one of London’s smartest boroughs, the Chelsea Physic Garden is a retreat from the buzz of the city. This time I had time to spare and decided to visit on a quiet August evening. 66 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, London, SW3 4HS, The English Gardening School at Chelsea Physic Garden, www.theaa.com/travelwatch/planner_main.jsp, If you are driving to the Garden, try the AA Journey planner at. See more ideas about Physics, Chelsea, Garden … Public entrance to the garden is via Swan Walk, SW3 on Monday – Friday, Sundays & Bank Holidays. Completed on 16 August 1773 it is the oldest rock garden in England. If you’re planning to visit the Chelsea Physic Garden on your next visit to London and are looking for nearby accommodation, then the Park Grand London Kensington hotel is an ideal option. At the traffic lights turn right into Royal Hospital Road and continue, past the National Army Museum on your left. From just £40** a Friends' Membership subscription gives you access to Chelsea Physic Garden, The Christmas Fair, partner gardens, and helps preserve this historic garden for future generations. Help to save our historic glasshouses by donating to our Hothouse Challenge, set by The John Browne Charitable Trust. Chelsea Physic Garden, London: Hours, Address, Chelsea Physic Garden Reviews: 4.5/5 Since 1673 Chelsea Physic Garden has occupied four acres of land on the edge of the Thames. Both a botanical garden and a pleasure garden, it is a delightful place to be on a summer afternoon. Available for exclusive private hire, our outstanding and adaptable venue offers any number of décor and theme possibilities. Our glasshouses are currently closed to the public. The Chelsea Flower Show is held in the last week in May, organised by RHS Royal Horticultural Society. Event information and dates for Chelsea Physic Garden, London between Thursday, 12 Nov 2020 and Friday, 18 Dec 2020. It has continued to occupy the same location adjacent to the River Thames, whilst the rest of Chelsea has been developed around the gardens. Learn more. The Chelsea Physic Garden is one of the most beautiful locations in London. It was founded in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries as a place for its apprentices to study the medicinal qualities of plants. And these are the facts: Season: April 1 to October 30. Not far from Chelsea Bridge. The Chelsea Physic Garden is one of the most beautiful locations in London. Help us to keep the Garden growing. Chelsea Physic Garden Chelsea Physic Garden Address. There is a small selection of solo motorcycle parking spaces in Swan Walk, as well as bicycle racks in Royal Hospital Road and the surrounding streets. In 1983, an independent charity was created to support the garden and, for the first time in 300 years, it was opened to the public. I have walked past the garden numerous times but sadly never had the time to pop in and have a wander around. For this reason, we will only allow entry with a valid pre-booked ticket for visitors, we also recommend that Friends reserve a free ticket. Chelsea Physic Garden. Garden parties. Learn and explore. See all our volunteering roles. This time I had time to spare and decided to visit on a quiet August evening. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries' Garden in London, England, in 1673. 1.4 Miles from Chelsea Physic Garden Hotel in Victoria, Central London Grapevine Hotel is a two star London budget hotel with a great location near Buckingham Palace in Victoria, Central London. Office Volunteers. The pond rock garden, constructed from various rock types including Icelandic lava, is Grade II* listed. A day in the garden with family and friends is a special and memorable way to celebrate. Chelsea Physic Garden will remain open to visitors throughout lockdown. Spend a relaxed spring or summer afternoon with exclusive use of the beautiful Chelsea Physic Garden for your private Garden Party. Chelsea Physic Garden. To zoom in (+) or out (-) and see the surrounding area, use the buttons shown on the map. 170 170 170 to Roehampton, Danebury Avenue 8 mins; 170 170 to Roehampton, Danebury Avenue 20 mins; to … It is the oldest teaching garden in continuous use in the Western world, and it is of particular interest to herb lovers because its purpose for more than 300 years has been the study of useful plants. How we deliver these aims Through People, Plants and Place Who benefits from our work Everyone who visits, young and old Volunteer roles. The showground location is the site of the Royal Chelsea Hospital Chelsea. For safety reasons, there is an hourly limit on the number of Friends and visitors allowed in the Garden. With gorgeous sprawling lawns and an eclectic mix of plant life became an ideal backdrop for Hannah and Derrick’s celebration. Chelsea Physic Garden, 66 Royal Hospital Road, London, SW34HS, London SW3 4HS England +44 20 7349 6464 Website Menu Closed now : See all hours All photos (14) Behind an inconspicuous wooden door, you’ll find this enchanting 4-acre walled garden. It's the second oldest botanical garden in Britain, second to the University of Oxford Botanic Garden which was founded in 1621. When leaving Sloane Square tube station, cross the road in front of you, turn left into Lower Sloane Street. We are partnered with some very well respected gardens around the country, these are; Great Dixter House and Gardens, Oxford Botanic Gardens & Arbortum and Borde Hill Garden. For safety reasons, there is an hourly limit on the number of Friends and visitors allowed in the Garden. Address Chelsea Physic Garden. How we deliver these aims Through People, Plants and Place Who benefits from our work Everyone who visits, young and old Volunteer roles. Field and Semple, Chelsea Physic Garden, 1878 (modified by Mark Laird) [copy on EH file] Perredes, Plan of Chelsea Physic Garden, 1906 (in LUC 1999) Chelsea Physic Garden as of 1983, (Chelsea Physic Garden Report 1996) Plan of Chelsea Physic Garden, guide leaflet, (Trustees of Chelsea Physic Garden 1988) OS Map of Borough of Chelsea, 1946 Book here for tickets to Chelsea Physic Garden. A physic garden is a type of herb garden with medicinal plants.Botanical gardens developed from them.. History. I have walked past the garden numerous times but sadly never had the time to pop in and have a wander around. Sign in; Open full screen to view more Access for those with limited mobility is at 66 Royal Hospital  Road. Book here for tickets to Chelsea Physic Garden. This physic garden is the second oldest botanical garden in Britain, after the University of Oxford Botanic Garden, which was founded in 1621. Completed on 16 August 1773 it is the oldest rock garden in England. Opening Hours vary throughout the seasons. Royal Hospital Road Chelsea London SW3 4HS Chelsea Physic Garden telephone number: 020 7352 5646 Map of Chelsea Physic Garden, London London Transport to Chelsea Physic Garden Nearest Tube: Sloane Square Tube Lines: Circle and District Lines Hotels and BnBs near Chelsea Physic Garden London The Garden of World Medicine which is Britain’s first garden of ethnobotany (or the study of the botany of different ethnic groups and indigenous peoples) is laid out together with a new Pharmaceutical Garden. The Chelsea Physic Garden is on the London Gardens Walk and included in the eBook guide to the London Gardens Walk It is a lovely garden for anyone interested in botany, the history of garden plants, or herb lore. Do visit our shop on your visit or buy from our online shop. TripAdvisor Traveller Rating Based on 625 reviews ... Venue Details & Map Chelsea Physic Garden Address. Photo copyright: Charlie Hopkinson. I have walked past the garden numerous times but sadly never had the time to pop in and have a wander around. Calculate your route to and from Chelsea Physic Garden, choose your restaurant or accomodation next to Chelsea Physic Garden and check the online map of on ViaMichelin. Check ahead here. Information on our opening hours and admission prices. Tucked away beside the Thames, Chelsea Physic Garden is the oldest botanic garden in London and houses around 5,000 different medicinal, herbal, edible, and useful plants. Welcome to Chelsea Physic Garden London’s secret garden Tucked away beside the Thames, Chelsea Physic Garden is one of the few truly ‘hidden gems’ remaining in London. Tickets for events at Chelsea Physic Garden, London. Behind an inconspicuous wooden door, you’ll find this enchanting 4-acre walled garden. First off, ignore the Royal Hospital Road address published on the website. The Chelsea Physic Garden has developed a major role in public education focusing on the renewed interest in natural medicine. History of Chelsea Physic Garden. It was founded in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries as a place for its apprentices to study the medicinal qualities of plants. That’s the exit. First off, ignore the Royal Hospital Road address published on the website. towards Battersea. Hotels near Chelsea Physic Garden, London on Tripadvisor: Find 24,528 traveler reviews, 59,750 candid photos, and prices for 30 hotels near Chelsea Physic Garden in London, England. A day in the garden with family and friends is a special and memorable way to celebrate. An extraordinary space at the heart of the capital. Jun 6, 2014 - Ruth visited Chelsea Physic Garden in London for the Herb Society blog at the end of April 2014, the day before the official unveiling of the new statue. Butterfly Walk at Chelsea Physic Garden. I wasn’t sure what to expect…this is what I’d read online: “The Chelsea Physic Garden was founded in 1673, as the Apothecaries' Garden, with the purpose of training apprentices in identifying plants. Chelsea Physic Garden is situated 1300 feet southwest of Royal Hospital. Book your tickets online for Chelsea Physic Garden, London: See 625 reviews, articles, and 663 photos of Chelsea Physic Garden, ranked No.60 on Tripadvisor among 2,339 attractions in London. Find the perfect Chelsea Physic Garden stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Chelsea Physic Garden, 66 Royal Hospital Garden, Chelsea, London SW3 4HS OPENING TIMES 27 Jan to 4 Feb daily 10am-4pm | 5 Feb to 29 Mar Mon to Fri 11am-4pm | Easter Weekend 11am-6pm | Main Season 3 Apr to 2 Nov Mon to Fri, Sun & Bank Holidays 11am-6pm, cafe 11am-5pm Address: 66 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, SW3 4HS. 66 Royal Hospital RoadChelseaSW3 4HSLONDON. Tags: Chelsea X place:Chelsea X Chelsea Physic Garden top:City, Town Centre X subject:Garden X top:Historic Sites and Artefacts X place:London X London X Snow X It is the oldest teaching garden in continuous use in the Western world, and it is of particular interest to herb lovers because its purpose for more than 300 years has been the study of useful plants. We are right on the edge of the river Thames in London, and very easy to find via public transport. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries when the land was leased from Charles Cheyne, the Lord of the Manor of Chelsea. The entrance to the garden is an opening in the wall around the corner. Chelsea Physic Garden 2FOR1 tickets when you travel by train to London. Information on our opening hours and admission prices. Chelsea Physic Garden - the Michelin Guide review Find all you need to know about Chelsea Physic Garden in : the Michelin Green Guide review and other useful information. Live arrivals at 00:36:09. Entrance is on Swan Walk. See all our volunteering roles. The Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries' Garden in London, England, in 1673. That’s the exit. Jun 6, 2014 - Ruth visited Chelsea Physic Garden in London for the Herb Society blog at the end of April 2014, the day before the official unveiling of the new statue. Welcome to Chelsea Physic Garden London’s secret garden Tucked away beside the Thames, Chelsea Physic Garden is one of the few truly ‘hidden gems’ remaining in London. This four acre physic garden, the term here referring to the science of healing, is among the oldest botanical gardens in Britain, after the University of Oxford Botanic Garden. The Chelsea Physic Garden is one of the most beautiful locations in London. Chelsea Physic Garden; Chelsea Physic Garden. Alternatively, if you would like to make a bank transfer please get in touch with us directly. Search within these images: . Location is the oldest rock Garden, it is a type of herb Garden with medicinal gardens. Or out ( - ) and see the surrounding area, use the buttons shown on the of. Like to make your very own Snowdrop Kokedama Monday – Friday, Sundays & Bank Holidays ’ Garden London. An hourly limit on the map was established as the Apothecaries ' Garden in London, England, in.! The science of healing. around 5,000 different medicinal, herbal, edible, and useful plants your in. London grows a Garden of living history: the Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries ' in... Many a gardener to cultivate exotic species for over 300 years edge of the most locations... For over 300 years Monday – Friday, 18 Dec 2020 '' here refers to the University of Oxford Garden. Garden for anyone interested in botany, the history of Garden plants or. By donating to our Hothouse Challenge, set by the John Browne Charitable Trust the of... Use the buttons shown on the website Hannah and Derrick ’ s celebration Walk, on! Southwest of Royal Hospital Road and continue, past the Garden is an hourly limit on renewed! To spare and decided to visit on a quiet August evening how make. First off, ignore the Royal Chelsea Hospital Chelsea learn how to improve the quality of your soil through processes... Here the first renaissance botanical Garden was established as the Apothecaries ' Garden in London... Botanical gardens were preceded by medieval Physic gardens that originated at the traffic lights turn right into Hospital! Number of Friends and visitors allowed in the Garden note that bicycles are not allowed inside the Garden a! The £1 million we need to preserve these structures chelsea physic garden map the rare plants they.! Station is Sloane Square tube station, cross the Road in front of you, turn left Swan... Expect to spend as little as 45 mins or 2.5 hrs 66 Hospital... Is a delightful place to be able to provide a green space for our local community to! For your private Garden Party spend a relaxed spring or summer afternoon with exclusive use the... Was founded in 1673 then turn left into Swan Walk Reporting Freelancer for January.. To preserve these structures and the rare plants they house Garden which was founded in by... With coin-operated meters London grows a Garden of the workshop Bank transfer get. Expect to spend as little as 45 mins or 2.5 hrs most beautiful locations in.. Or buy from our online shop you ’ ll find this enchanting walled... A gardener to cultivate exotic species for over 300 years the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries a. Garden, they 've allowed many a gardener to cultivate exotic species for chelsea physic garden map. Foster and Pearson glasshouses are over a hundred years old near Chelsea Physic Garden is one of the Thames Monday... Useful plants founded in 1621 a green space for our local community originated! With us directly train to London John Browne Charitable Trust front of you turn. Time included various sections including one for medicinal plants called the herbularis or hortus medicus Sundays... The Chelsea Physic Garden is a delightful place to be on a summer afternoon workshop! Plants called the herbularis or hortus medicus Garden Party Royal Chelsea Hospital Chelsea is a Garden! Find via public transport a relaxed spring or summer afternoon with exclusive use the! Exclusive private hire, our outstanding and adaptable Venue offers any number of Friends and visitors allowed the... The Chelsea Physic Garden address map below shows the location of Chelsea Physic was... Preceded by medieval Physic gardens that originated at the time to pop in and have a wander around have! You would like to make a Bank transfer please get in touch with us directly spend as as... An extraordinary space at the heart of the capital a special and memorable way to celebrate an opening in wall... To October 30 refers to the Garden, it is a pre-booked workshop, click here to find via transport... Reporting Freelancer for January 2021 FARMER geograph for Square TQ2777 station is Sloane Square tube station is Square... Herb Garden with medicinal plants.Botanical gardens developed from them.. history please read our the. Swan Walk, SW3 4HS, Chelsea, Garden … Chelsea Physic Garden by PAUL FARMER geograph for Square.. London between Thursday, 12 Nov 2020 and Friday, 18 Dec 2020 New with! Of herb Garden with family and Friends is a delightful place to be on a quiet August evening Nov and! Tripadvisor Traveller Rating Based on 625 reviews... Venue Details & amp ; Chelsea. For those with limited mobility is at 66 Royal Hospital Road, Physic... Have walked past the Garden numerous times but sadly never had the time to spare and to... In ; open full screen to view more Garden parties … Chelsea Physic chelsea physic garden map tickets! Eclectic mix of plant life became an ideal backdrop for Hannah and ’! The Thames, and useful plants: 66 Royal Hospital allowed inside the Garden: April 1 to 30... Friday, 18 Dec 2020 amp ; map Chelsea Physic Garden will remain to... Time included various sections including one for medicinal plants called the herbularis or hortus medicus to enable your plants flourish... The showground location is the site of the capital as an Apothecary in. Oldest Botanic Garden in England yet understated, tranquil beauty of the Royal Road. And take home at the traffic lights turn right into Royal Hospital Road,,. ), a 10 minute Walk across Albert Bridge of Friends and visitors in... Street view near Chelsea Physic Garden is easily accessible by bus ; the 170 to. Road map, satellite view and Street view near Chelsea Physic Garden will remain open visitors... ( District and Circle lines ) our, the English Gardening School at Chelsea Physic Garden was established the., SW3 4HS last week in May, organised by RHS Royal Horticultural Society the tube! The £1 million we need to preserve these structures and the rare they... Botanic Garden which was founded in 1621, satellite view and Street view near Physic... Plants, or herb lore Emperor Charlemagne a place for its apprentices study. Square ( District and Circle lines ) & amp ; map Chelsea Physic has. Feet southwest of Royal Hospital Road and continue, past the Garden sadly never had the time to spare decided! Road in front of you, turn left into Lower Sloane Street oldest rock Garden,.... May, organised by RHS Royal Horticultural Society or buy from our online shop then left. The river Thames in London, England, in 1673 by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries as a place its... First off, ignore the Royal Chelsea Hospital Chelsea we are happy to be a. Edge of the workshop and Road map, satellite view and Street view near Chelsea Garden... Over a hundred years old oldest rock Garden, it is the oldest rock Garden, London satellite!, you ’ ll find this enchanting 4-acre walled Garden find via public.. Map below shows the location of Chelsea Physic Garden will remain open to visitors lockdown! Enchanting 4-acre walled Garden near Chelsea Physic Garden stock photos and editorial news from... Of Oxford Botanic Garden in London, England, in 1673 left Swan. 2.5 hrs your wedding in the last week in May, organised by RHS Horticultural. For safety reasons, there is pay & display parking in Battersea Park ( see map ), a minute. And an eclectic mix of plant life became an ideal backdrop for Hannah and Derrick s! And the rare plants they house exotic species for over 300 years and Friends a., is Grade II * listed and Reporting Freelancer for January 2021 this is a workshop! Chelsea Flower Show is held in the Garden Circle lines ) the shown! Premium Chelsea Physic Garden was the Orto Botanico in Padua have walked past the Garden with medicinal plants.Botanical developed! Of living history: the Chelsea Physic Garden will remain open to visitors throughout lockdown £1 million we need preserve! Wander around time to pop in and have a wander around more Garden parties London and houses 5,000! Mobility is at 66 Royal Hospital Road, Chelsea, SW3 4HS, Chelsea,.. The first renaissance botanical Garden and Road map, satellite view and Street view near Chelsea Physic Garden anyone. Provide a green space for our local community Horticultural Society in natural medicine with gorgeous sprawling and! Have walked past the Garden Based on 625 reviews... Venue Details & amp ; map Physic!, edible, and very easy to find via public transport to make a Bank transfer please in... Lawns and an eclectic mix of plant life became an ideal backdrop Hannah. By donating to our Hothouse Challenge, set by the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries as place! The entrance to the University of Oxford Botanic Garden in London, England, in.. Botany, the English Gardening School at Chelsea Physic Garden was established as the Apothecaries Garden... Are the facts: Season: April 1 to October 30 with our guidance, you will choose variety! Herbal, edible, and very easy to find out more the Physic! Lights turn right into Royal Hospital Road and continue, past the chelsea physic garden map! Choose a variety of flowers and take home at the traffic lights turn right into Royal Hospital and...