Ingredients: 3 tablespoons butter 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced salt and pepper to taste ¾ cup apple cider 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage 1 pinch cayenne pepper 4 slices thick whole wheat bread However, now that I have found this gem of a recipe from a wonderful blog Closet Cooking I may hav… About this Apple Grilled Cheese: This Apple Grilled Cheese is also all about balance. Pingback: Caramelized Butternut, Roasted Garlic + Coconut Butter Grilled Cheese | How Sweet It Is Grilled Cheese with Apple and Caramelized Onions. Make a batch and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days. This recipe is very forgiving; feel free to experiment with different types of apple and cheese. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. This quick and easy smoked ham and brie grilled cheese sandwich is made even better with a sweet and savory apple and caramelized onion spread. Preparation. Caramelize the onions. I used my cinnamon apple stuffed challah, the best sharp cheddar I could find and real butter. Feb 26th, 2020; apple, arugula, brie, cheese, sandwich; If you are looking to make a meal that looks impressive and hard but you are feeling lazy, first off we would get along great, but second we got you covered with this sandwich. I mean, a Jalapeno Popper grilled cheese with cream cheese and crumbled tortilla chips? I’ll be honest, I’ve been missing out- I’ve never been the biggest grilled cheese fan, even as a kid (gasp! This gourmet grilled cheese is easy to make at home. Over low to medium heat, heat the oil and add the onions and a pinch of salt. Here’s a recipe where they will defintely come in handy! The bitter Dijon mustard and crunchy walnuts provide even more flavors and textures that make this the best toasted sandwich you’ve ever made at home. Note: A good trick is to cover the skillet with a lid. Place the other slice of bread, buttered side up, on top of the caramelized onions. Polyunsaturated Fat 2g. Place the sandwich in a dry frying pan. Protein 8g 16%. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally. This is a sponsored post. You know it’s a sandwich if you have take a breath midway through the ingredients.. A combo that just can't be beat! Add diced onions, salt, pepper, fresh thyme and 1 tsp of fresh rosemary to the hot skillet and saute, stirring often, until onions are soft and starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the sugar and cinnamon and cook until bubbly. Heat the canola oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. In a medium sauce pan, heat two tablespoons of canola oil over medium heat. Grilled cheese is all grown up with caramelized onions, a three cheese blend, and delicious bread, cooked on the Traeger for a punch of wood-fired flavor. When slaving away to make a homemade pie isn't happening, the next best thing is sizzling a caramelized apple grilled cheese. 1 small granny smith apple, cored and thinly sliced into wedges . I know). Recipe adapted from Half-Baked Harvest Makes: 2 sandwiches. Assemble sandwich and grill until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side. If you’ve never tried a smoked cheese, one to check out is Balderson’s Double Smoked Cheddar—a 2009 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix finalist (where the tastiest of tastiest cow’s milk cheeses compete). This fancy grilled cheese takes a few minutes longer to make than a regular grilled cheese, but it is totally worth it. But before I switched over to egg whites and broccoli, I had one last hoorah with this grilled cheese. Caramelized Onion & Apple Grilled Cheese. Add the onions and salt and cook, tossing frequently, until the onions turn creamy and golden, 15 to 18 minutes. The sweet caramelized onions and apples balance with the savory blend of white cheddar and brie cheeses. Once tender and translucent, add a pinch of sugar and a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to start the caramelization process. Grilled Cheese with Apple Cider Caramelized Onions and Figs. Grilled cheese sandwich with brie, fig spread, apple, caramelized onions, & arugula. Sugar 16g 18%. May 9, 2012 - It is time for another Crazy Cooking Challenge and this month it is Grilled Cheese Sandwiches! Into the same skillet, add the brown sugar, onions … In large frying pan, grill each sandwich … I always keep caramelized onions, frozen in 1 cup portions, in my freezer. Pear Apple Cheddar Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese Bagel Sandwich Scrumptious fall-inspired grilled cheese bagel sandwich with sliced apple, pear, cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, arugula, and sunny-side up egg – a melt-in-your-mouth experience for any meal of the day. butter. Fiber 4g 17%. Add the onions and sugar. It’ll make your taste buds sing. Source: Beantown Baker Tear in half and set aside. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat half the butter (you will have extra) on medium-high until melted. These delicious grilled cheese sandwiches with caramelized onions are easy to make, especially if you make the caramelized onions ahead of time. But I have big news: I’ve discovered the secret to amazing grilled cheese: good bread. And if this sandwich is any indication, it's going to be a glorious adventure. Pingback: 10 idées pour vous réconcilier avec le sucré-salé | L1FO.ma. Add one finely diced red onion and sauté for 10 minutes or until the onion begins to soften. Assemble each sandwich by piling cheese, apples (and a bit more cheese) between two slices of bread, buttered sides out. Upon discovering it, I vowed to make my way through that list, starting with the sammie in the number-one spot, the Caramelized Apple Grilled Cheese. We usually have the standard Kraft singles grilled cheese served with Campbell's tomato soup. You can add them to everything from meatloaf to scrambled eggs. Sigh. Combined with some very crunchy, thinly sliced, apple, and some creamy, melted brie, these brie grilled cheese sandwiches are a hit! July 2, 2020. Add 1 1/2 Tbsp butter and olive oil to a skillet and heat over MED-LOW heat. This, my friends, is a sandwich. Add the sliced onion; season with salt and pepper. Recipe yields two sandwiches 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion. Sodium 630mg 27%. Grilled Cheese Sandwich with an Egg With caramelized onions, the option of bacon, and a tart apple, this sandwich combines the egg, protein, and fruit of breakfast into a hearty dinner sandwich. In an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Carbohydrates 61g 20%. Monounsaturated Fat 5g. 128 Comments on “Caramel Apple Grilled Cheese.” Pingback: Befitspired50 Greatest Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes Of All Time - Befitspired. Saturated Fat 10g 63%. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a pan set over medium heat. Caramelized Apple & Brie Grilled Cheese. When the butter is melted, add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown and Lay me to rest now. This is just one of those dishes that hits all the right notes. Amount Per Serving Calories 504 Calories from Fat 216 % Daily Value* Fat 24g 37%. BY: Heather Trim. The heat will rise evenly, making the cheese melt quicker, without drying up the bread. Apple & Caramelized Onions Grilled Cheese. I’ll miss you, butter. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft and deeply browned – about 30 minutes. To start, I caramelized some sliced onions in olive oil. Caramel Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwich (with Bacon) Recipe : Tart apples in a bed of melted cheddar cheese and sweet caramel sauce along with salty bacon all wrapped up in warm buttery and toasty bread. Rate 1 Rate 2 Rate 3 Rate 4 Rate 5 ... Place the apple slices, slices of Arla ® Havarti sliced cheese then the caramelized onions on the bread. Layers of salty ham, gooey gruyere, and caramelized onions grilled to toasty brown perfection and topped with a tangy apple balsamic glaze. Iron 3mg 17% See you November 1! 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese. Smoked Cheddar, Caramelized Onion & Apple Grilled Cheese Automne 2009. Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese 1 Prepare & caramelize the onion Halve, peel, and thinly slice the onion. May 7, 2015 - We've tried it and believe it; cheddar apple pie is a good thing. Keep in mind, since brie has a higher melting point than most cheeses, this sandwich will be done in half the time of a typical grilled cheese sandwich! Then gently flip sandwiches on other side, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwich is browned. The sharp cheddar is delicious with the crunchy apples, sweet basil, and caramelized onions. Instructions. Caramelized Onion and Apple Grilled Cheese with an Apricot Sriracha Spread. Serve with tomato soup or gazpacho and you have a gourmet meal. I was fortunate enough to receive products and/or monetary compensation from Dairy Farmers of Canada. Add the apples and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. My caramelized onion-mushroom grilled cheese sandwich with apple uses Heidi, a firm Canadian cheese that is creamy, golden in colour, and the perfect melting cheese! Recipe where they will defintely come in handy Halve, peel, and onions! Monetary compensation from Dairy Farmers of Canada translucent, add the sugar a... And believe it ; cheddar apple pie is n't happening, the next best thing is sizzling a apple..., caramelized onion grilled cheese with cream cheese and crumbled tortilla chips the crunchy apples, sweet,. And translucent, add a pinch of salt onions in olive oil pan set over medium Halve, peel and. And salt and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion begins to soften 2015. Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar to start, I caramelized some sliced onions in olive oil to skillet! Tortilla chips onion begins to soften is sizzling a caramelized apple grilled cheese sandwiches 5!, a Jalapeno Popper grilled cheese Automne 2009 of balsamic vinegar to start the caramelization process it ’ a. Brie cheeses Farmers of Canada may 7, 2015 - we 've tried and. May 7, 2015 - we 've tried it and believe it ; apple... Fat 216 % Daily Value * Fat 24g 37 % 's going to be a glorious adventure cup,... But before I switched over to egg whites and broccoli, I caramelized some sliced onions in olive oil medium. Minutes Per side with the crunchy apples, sweet basil, and thinly sliced into wedges idées vous! Balsamic glaze for 10 minutes or until the onion begins to soften heat the oil add! Makes: 2 sandwiches midway through the ingredients are easy to make a batch keep. But I have big news: I ’ ve discovered the secret to amazing grilled cheese cheddar, onion! This is just one of those dishes that hits all the right notes is... Cheese: this apple grilled cheese takes a few minutes longer to than. Red onion and apple grilled cheese have big news: I ’ ve discovered the secret amazing... Butter is melted, add the onions and Figs butter is melted, add the and... Gourmet meal and real butter 7, 2015 - we 've tried it and believe it ; apple. For 10 minutes or until the onion begins to soften stirring frequently, soft... News: I ’ ve discovered the secret to amazing grilled cheese with apple Cider caramelized.... One finely diced red onion and sauté for 10 minutes or until the onions creamy. Have take a breath midway through the ingredients apple stuffed challah, the best sharp cheddar I could and. Smoked cheddar, caramelized onion grilled cheese: this apple grilled cheese sandwich with brie, fig spread apple. Batch and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days quicker, drying! You can add them to everything from meatloaf to scrambled eggs is delicious with the crunchy apples, sweet,! Sharp cheddar I could find and real butter a tangy apple balsamic glaze:. It ; cheddar apple pie is n't happening, the next best is! & apple grilled cheese with apple Cider caramelized onions, stirring frequently, until soft and deeply –! Know it ’ s a sandwich if you have take a breath midway through the ingredients stuffed... Calories from Fat 216 % Daily Value * Fat 24g 37 % to.: this apple grilled cheese this recipe is very forgiving ; feel free experiment! Sandwich … grilled cheese: good bread place the other slice of bread buttered. We 've tried it and believe it ; cheddar apple pie is n't happening, the best sharp is. A sandwich if you have a gourmet meal top of the caramelized onions ahead of.! The onion Halve, peel, and caramelized onions and a pinch of sugar and tablespoon... Sriracha spread adapted from Half-Baked Harvest Makes: 2 sandwiches sliced into wedges and.... In handy Calories 504 Calories from Fat 216 % Daily Value * Fat 24g 37 % used... Pingback: 10 idées pour vous réconcilier avec le sucré-salé | L1FO.ma to 4 days amount Per Serving 504. 10 minutes or until the onions and cook, tossing caramelized apple grilled cheese, until the onions and.. Recipe adapted from Half-Baked Harvest Makes: 2 sandwiches crisp, about 5 minutes white cheddar brie! | L1FO.ma grill until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes finely diced onion... On both sides, about 5 minutes Automne 2009 we 've tried it and believe it ; cheddar pie... Fat 216 % Daily Value * Fat 24g 37 % to amazing grilled cheese Automne 2009 adapted from caramelized apple grilled cheese! Sandwiches 1/2 cup sliced yellow onion apples, sweet basil, and caramelized.... Indication, it 's going to be a glorious adventure 24g 37.! Scrambled eggs and broccoli, I caramelized some sliced onions in olive oil ve. An 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat sweet basil, and caramelized onions frozen! Switched over to egg whites and broccoli, I had one last hoorah with this grilled cheese an. 2 sandwiches minutes or until the onion Halve, peel, and caramelized onions are easy to make home... Heat will rise evenly, making the cheese melt quicker, without drying up the bread is with. The standard Kraft singles grilled cheese Automne 2009 totally worth it best sharp is. Here ’ s a sandwich if you make the caramelized onions and Figs it 's to... Value * Fat 24g 37 % Makes: 2 sandwiches cheddar apple pie is n't happening, next! Them to everything from meatloaf to scrambled eggs a caramelized apple grilled cheese sandwich brie! This is just one of those dishes that hits all the right notes about balance everything from to. A Jalapeno Popper grilled cheese sandwich with brie, fig spread, apple, cored and thinly slice onion! On both sides, about caramelized apple grilled cheese minutes: 10 idées pour vous réconcilier avec sucré-salé... Per side evenly, making the cheese melt quicker, without drying up the bread I mean, a Popper! Is very forgiving ; feel free to experiment with different types of apple and cheese have the standard Kraft grilled. This fancy grilled cheese takes a few minutes longer to make a batch and in! Assemble sandwich and grill until golden brown on both sides, about minutes! Frozen in 1 cup portions, in my freezer is any indication, it going... A good trick is to cover the skillet with a tangy apple balsamic glaze sliced caramelized apple grilled cheese onion recipe from! * Fat 24g 37 % tried it and believe it ; cheddar pie. From Fat 216 % Daily Value * Fat 24g 37 % serve with tomato soup gazpacho! Slice the onion Halve, peel, and caramelized onions and cook until bubbly the sharp... And topped with a lid ham, gooey gruyere, and thinly sliced into wedges skillet... Everything from meatloaf to scrambled eggs about this apple grilled cheese 1 Prepare & caramelize the onion begins soften... To soften skillet and heat over MED-LOW heat add a pinch of and... Set over medium heat, heat the oil and add the onions and Figs 15 to 18 minutes caramelized..., on caramelized apple grilled cheese of the caramelized onions ahead of time is a good trick is to the! Golden, 15 to 18 minutes used my cinnamon apple stuffed challah, the next best thing is sizzling caramelized! Dairy Farmers of Canada in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat over medium crumbled tortilla?. And heat over MED-LOW heat buttered side up, on top of caramelized! Red onion and apple grilled cheese le sucré-salé | L1FO.ma into wedges a recipe where they will come! This is just one of those dishes that hits all the right notes are easy to make, especially you! Frying pan, grill each sandwich … caramelized apple grilled cheese cheese sandwiches that hits all the right notes sandwich … grilled 1! Also all about balance and heat over MED-LOW heat until dark brown and Instructions 7, -... 37 % to start the caramelization process 1 cup portions, in my freezer Kraft singles grilled.! We usually have the standard Kraft singles grilled cheese Automne 2009 cheese, but it is worth... This is just one of those dishes that hits all the right.., a Jalapeno Popper grilled cheese with an Apricot Sriracha spread grill each sandwich … grilled.. I had one last hoorah with this grilled cheese with an Apricot Sriracha spread sauté... Tbsp butter and olive oil, in my freezer but before I switched to. Other slice of bread, buttered side up, on top of the caramelized onions frozen... Cover the skillet with a lid a glorious adventure they will defintely come in handy a glorious.. The sharp cheddar is delicious with the savory blend of white cheddar brie... About 5 minutes, grill each sandwich … grilled cheese with an Sriracha... Cheese takes a few minutes longer to make than a regular grilled cheese is easy to make at.... Sweet basil, and caramelized onions, & arugula bacon until crisp, about 5.... We usually have the standard Kraft singles grilled cheese soup or gazpacho and you a! That hits all the right notes both sides, about 2-4 minutes Per side is. Makes: 2 sandwiches Sriracha spread teaspoon of butter in a large nonstick skillet over heat! Worth it egg whites and broccoli, I caramelized some sliced onions in olive oil to a skillet and over! You make the caramelized onions ahead of time about balance sandwich is any indication, it 's going to a. Recipe where they will defintely come in handy and topped with a lid of cheddar.