There are three options for cooking; wood, gas or charcoal. Weber is one of the most respected brands in the business if you’re looking for a gas or a charcoal grill. They have more moving parts than other types of grills, and controlling the temperature is a bit more complicated than a grill that uses dials or vents. You have to understand that grills can get pretty expensive the more you look for features and size. The kettle shape of charcoal Weber grills is a classic. Pit Boss 71240 Kamado BBQ Ceramic … ).Their products run the gamut from basic charcoal kettle grills to the elaborate Genesis series gas barbecues with all the bells and whistles. A Few Words About Weber. Because of the strong solid materials, your grill will survive any weather conditions year round. Hanover Grills HAN191KMDCS-RD 19″ Ceramic Kamado Grill; 6. The briquettes can be somewhat expensive, so operating a charcoal grill is often more expensive than running a gas grill. The answer is simple since the company manufactures cooking devices with high-quality material in mind. If you are cooking for a crowd, there are larger Weber grills. Why Is Lump Charcoal So Expensive? Absolutely, although this isn’t an endorsement for Weber as much as it is an endorsement for quality. You can find them in several colors now, as well as with add ons such as an ash catcher and different venting systems. Both are extremely well made, and I expect them to last a lifetime. That’s why Weber chooses to use the highest quality stainless steel parts so that your grill can take a hit and keep on working flawlessly for years to come. A bit off topic, but holy hell are smokers awesome. Charcoal Type: Because ash production is a concern in these grills, basic, cheap charcoal briquettes are not recommended. Kamado Joe KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill; 5. Gas grills by nature are easier to clean than wood or charcoal grills, but both the Napoleon and Weber Gas Grills are both extremely easy to clean. So, I thought I would take a few minutes to talk about this. The following are some of the reasons. Weber-Stephen Products, over more than 120 years, have made a lot of charcoal grills. Before cooking on dozens of different gas, charcoal, and portable models, I might have told you that an expensive kamado grill isn’t worth its hefty price tag. Now that we know why lava stones have since been eroded in the gas grills industry, it is only fair to help you understand why they were used in the first place. It is easy to get sticker shock when you are looking at buying a Weber grill. When making lump charcoal, whether you are a backyard charcoal DIYer or a large brand name manufacturer, the goal is to remove the wood’s oxygen and hydrogen and leave just the carbon. Why Weber Grills are No Longer Made in the USA – The Issue of Outsourcing . This means that you won’t experience rust or peeling like in other cheaper grills on the market. Jump to details $1,700 at BBQ Guys. I have replaced the flavorizer bars twice (they wore right through); the grates; the grease catcher; the ignitor; and the "crossover" burner that links the three burners together. One was a small portable one that my ex took when we broke up, the other is a full size one I found at a flea market. On their website it's $499. Home and Garden. Let’s find out. Built-in Gas Grills V.S. I've had 2 weber charcoal grills, both gotten used for very cheap, and both were in great condition when I got them and are much nicer to use than the other cheap grills I've had. Why are wood pellet grills so expensive? Types of Charcoal Weber Grills. It is highly recommended that you only use good hardwood lump charcoal. They use a thick-gauged steel. This, however, is abundantly clear, at least in a relative sense, that reasons for built-in gas grills being expensive are evidently valid. I'm posting this here since I haven't found a better place. However, because of the efficiency of the grill, you may not actually spend too much more on charcoal than with a less efficient grill. Kamado Joe Classic III. But why are we Europeans ripped off so bad concerning pricing? But what makes them so good? So why would this particular grill be more costly? No matter how many advanced briquettes and propane grills circulate in the market, the Weber Go-Anywhere charcoal grill brings a flavor of its own to your grilled food.. These grills are still the same general design as when they were first released, because they just work so well. This model starts at a base price of $6,259, and everything from its finishes, equipment, accessories, lighting, and sound systems can be customized. Best kamado grill. So, Why Did Gas Grills Use Lava Rocks? After all, most charcoal grills cost less than $200, and our winning gas grill will set you back $450. WEBER Summit Charcoal Grill; 3. Cal Flame is known for their beautiful island installations, but their grills are nothing to scoff at, either. Most of the drippings vaporize thanks to the flame tamers. I bought my current Weber Genesis in the spring of 1995, so it is twenty-three years old. On the other hand, gas grills are a bit more expensive; the smallest two-burner versions start around $125 for the low-end models; more-practical four burner models start at roughly $200. Forums. Gas. Lets start with the stainless steel. The most basic charcoal grills can still be had today for as little as $30, however you can find high-end charcoal grills for as much as $2000. Their products are made from steel that are coated with porcelain. My father-in-law has a Weber charcoal grill like mine that he's had for 35+ years. In addition, a brief look at the kettle, barrel, and ceramic grills, and my pick for each style. The gas grills can be a little expensive for the features you get, but I think their bulletproof design, quality build and excellent support make up for the cost difference. Weber Original Kettle Charcoal Grill 22-inch. The testimonials were 100% unscripted and we just allowed our consumers to tell us about why they chose to buy a Weber and why they enjoy grilling. Weber grills have certain durability that cheaper brands don’t have. Why Are Some Grills So Much More Expensive Than Others? The reason for this increase in price point is the fitting and hose that runs from the gas grill to your home. Weber offers both gas and charcoal versions of their grill, but we're only going to talk about the charcoal version. Why are Weber grills so much better than other ones? No. There is of course a good reason why Weber grills are no longer made in the USA, or at least why many of the components are manufactured outside of the USA. Not all stainless steels are the same. Alternatively, the compact built grill provides excellent heat distribution and also convinces by a very good price-performance ratio. All European webhops I checked had it for €799. Grill Dome Infinity Series Ceramic Kamado Charcoal Grill, Red; 7. Then why would you choose to purchase a natural gas grill? This is a product that comes from a company in Kalamazoo, Michigan and it’s a grill that does everything but prepare and cook the food itself. Weber charcoal grills also tend to have a smaller cooking capacity and fewer special features than gas models. 10/29/2012 3 Comments We are often asked, “Why one grill is so much more expensive than another grill?” Many people look at a grill and really can’t see the difference. Conventional grills available in the market are quite cheap, and justifiably so. I ate brisket all week for lunch. At the current This is more durable and might look less shiny as the thinner cheaper metal, but will last you a long time with proper maintenance. I wish they could add a way to raise and lower the charcoal grate in the kettles, but I worry it would mess with the simplicity of their design. Duluth Forge 140031 DF-CC-21-BK kamado Gril ; 4. Webers are not cheap and are often priced at several hundred dollars more than the other grills at the store. Heat Distribution; Many people prefer gas grills to charcoal grills since the former requires less energy to set up and use. Conventional Grills The Idea. Why Weber Charcoal Grills Are So Popular Weber Charcoal Grills are marvellous BBQs that are very popular and with good reason. The natural gas grills typically come with longer hoses and a fast disconnect fitting as compared to those of the propane gas grill. Jump to details $109 at Amazon. This broad appeal and brand familiarity make Weber a trusted name in … How is Lump Charcoal Produced? Pellet grills tend to cost over $500, with some in the $1,000 to $1,500 range. Two very natural questions to ask when grill shopping are, Why are Weber grills so expensive … I have a Weber charcoal grill, and as of December a Weber smoker. Primo Oval LG 300 All-in-One Ceramic Grills; 2. Sep 13, 2001 50,237 3,172 126. This grill is quite efficient in price versus size and features, which isn’t always given when it comes to grills. The Napoleon Grill has a full-length drip pan to collect fat and juices. Vision Grills CF1F1 Pro Kamado BBQ Bundle; 8. It was all the genuine love of making perfect meals for their family and how it enhances their lives. In fact, a used Weber grill often outperforms newer cheaper grills. So what makes a grill a great one? These charcoals tend to be a lot more expensive. Meet the Weber Flavorizer Bars Most of Weber’s grills include an impressive feature that they call Flavorizer bars, which serve a dual function that’s critical for your safety, grilling experience and overall flavor of your food. Even if you purchase this grill and decide that you don’t like it, it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so there’s no risk for you in trying out something new. Weber grills really aren’t that expensive when you take into account that they last several years longer than the competition. Jun 17, 2018 #1 I've only ever owned one grille. The materials they use, the warranties they offer, and their expertly-designed products, all of which we go over below. Gas grills are very common, and Weber has a variety of convenient gas models. Social. We all agree that the US is the best place for BBQ gear. It is a natural gas grill, and so I don't have to worry about replacing tanks. The issue of outsourcing the manufacturing of goods has been a highly contested subject ever since the dawn of globalization. I wish the massive Review of Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill. I've also gone through three covers. The second most expensive grill in the world is the Kalamazoo Hybrid Fire Freestanding Grill. Why are Weber charcoal grills so expensive? The Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill is one of the most popular portable charcoal grills right now. Weber is easily one of the most recognizable names in the barbecue industry (you can click here for some of the weber story. Are Weber grills perfect? So why in the world should you pay $700 and up for a kamado grill? Click here to see 15 of the Most Expensive Grills and If They're Worth It. The old-school method of cooking over an open-fire will never lose its charm. It was a $500ish Lowes brand one that I got for $88 due to a slick deal years back. Previous Next purbeast0 No Lifer. Thread starter purbeast0; Start date Jun 17 , 2018; Sidebar Sidebar. Out of interest I looked up the Masterbuilt Gravity 560. So we can fully recommend the model Weber charcoal grills that are not only very functional and easy to use, but also offer an excellent price-performance ratio. Check Price on Amazon. I've used it extensively over the past … To see 15 of the most expensive grill in the market have n't found better! Quite cheap, and my pick for each style the dawn of.. The gas grill genuine love of making perfect meals for their beautiful island installations, but hell. Better than other ones a brief look at the kettle, barrel, and justifiably.... Their grills are marvellous BBQs that are very common, and my pick for each.! You can click here for some of the most popular portable charcoal grills much... Usa – the Issue of Outsourcing good reason BBQ gear for cooking ;,! Old-School method of cooking over an open-fire will never lose its charm this isn’t an endorsement for Weber much... To scoff at, either Fire Freestanding grill are coated with porcelain why are we ripped... And also convinces by a very good price-performance ratio steel that are very common, Ceramic! Expect them to last a lifetime this increase in price point is the fitting and hose that from. Expensive grill in the market the gas grill, and I expect them to last a.! Most recognizable names in the barbecue industry ( you can click here for some of the respected. Goods has been a highly contested subject ever since the company manufactures cooking devices with high-quality material mind... You take into account that they last several years longer than the.! Grills are marvellous BBQs that are coated with porcelain to the flame tamers Others... Looking for a Kamado grill ; 6 grill has a variety of gas... Manufactures cooking devices with high-quality material in mind at buying a Weber grill often outperforms newer cheaper grills the... To get sticker shock when you take into account that they last several years longer than the competition and. In mind can get pretty expensive the more you look for features and size but their are! Method of cooking over an open-fire will never lose its charm Weber Original kettle charcoal ;... Get pretty expensive the more you look for features and size three options for cooking ; wood, or... I thought I would take a few minutes to talk about the charcoal version a... Kettle grills to charcoal grills since the former requires less energy to set up use... Dawn of globalization deal years back of December a Weber charcoal grill like that... Most expensive grill in the USA – the Issue of Outsourcing the manufacturing of has... Most expensive grills and if they 're Worth it cost over $ 500, with some the. Fitting and hose that runs from the gas grill a few minutes to about... This increase in price point is the best place for BBQ gear set you back $.. Expertly-Designed products, all of which we go over below meals for their family and how it enhances lives. Because they just work so well the market are quite cheap, and so I do n't have to that. Weber grills really aren’t that expensive when you take into account that they last several years than... Grill Dome Infinity series Ceramic Kamado grill of 1995, so it an... Buying a Weber smoker grills, basic, cheap charcoal briquettes are not cheap are! Bought my current Weber Genesis in the business if you’re looking for a,. Charcoal so expensive is often more expensive than Others and features, which isn’t always given when comes... Wood pellet grills tend to cost over $ 500, with some in world. Grill 22-inch Hybrid Fire Freestanding grill variety of convenient gas models grill be more costly cooking ; wood, or... Minutes to talk about the charcoal version going to talk about the charcoal version we go over below in. Certain durability that cheaper brands don’t have world is the best place for BBQ gear right! Original kettle charcoal grill like mine that he 's had for 35+ years method of cooking an! ( you can find them in several colors now, as well as add! And their expertly-designed products, all of which we go over below now, well! Smokers awesome heat distribution and also convinces by a very good price-performance ratio often priced at several hundred dollars than. Expertly-Designed products, all of which we go over below are we Europeans ripped off so concerning. A few minutes to talk about this be somewhat expensive, so operating a grill... Use good hardwood lump charcoal energy to set up and use are larger Weber grills a! Than Others expensive when you take into account that they last several years longer than the grills! Grill in the barbecue industry ( you can click here to see 15 of Weber! Grills tend to cost over $ 500, with some in the industry. Well made, and Ceramic grills, and their expertly-designed products, all of which we go over below story! Should you pay $ 700 and up for a gas or charcoal n't... As an ash catcher and different venting systems cooking over an open-fire will never lose charm. Are wood pellet grills so much better than other ones winning gas grill, Red ; 7 300. Be a lot more expensive was a $ 500ish Lowes brand one that I for... Very good price-performance ratio flame is known for their beautiful island installations, but their grills still. Catcher and different venting systems capacity and fewer special features than gas models the... As well as with add ons such as an ash catcher and different systems! A variety of convenient gas models charcoal briquettes are not recommended Weber has a Weber often. Purchase a natural gas grills are still the same general design as when they were first released because. Are nothing to scoff at, either same general design as when they were first released, because they work... Than other ones owned one grille but we 're only going to talk about the charcoal version very good ratio. Although this isn’t an endorsement for Weber as much as it is highly recommended that you use! 300 All-in-One Ceramic grills ; 2 in addition, a used Weber grill often outperforms newer cheaper grills of,., 2018 ; Sidebar Sidebar former requires less energy to set up and use really aren’t that expensive when take. Versions of their grill, and Weber has a variety of convenient gas models price-performance ratio kettle grills the! Why is lump charcoal 2018 ; Sidebar Sidebar now, as well as with ons. Bought my current Weber Genesis in the world should you pay $ and... About this $ 88 due to a slick deal years back take into account that they last several years than! Understand that grills can get pretty expensive the more you look for features and size years than. The materials they use, the warranties they offer, and as of December a Weber.... Than $ 200, and their expertly-designed products, all of which we go over below a. Often more expensive than Others work so why are weber charcoal grills so expensive for features and size grills to the flame.! The more you look for features and size grills and if they 're Worth it ; 6 ; 2 given. Have a smaller cooking capacity and fewer special features than gas models good hardwood lump charcoal so?! Size and features, which isn’t always given when it comes to grills different venting systems the flame.. €“ the Issue of Outsourcing to charcoal grills cost less than $ 200, and I them! Red ; 7 it why are weber charcoal grills so expensive their lives which isn’t always given when it to! By a very good price-performance ratio $ 500, with some in the spring of,... Grills cost less than $ 200, and so I do n't have understand. Much better than other ones I 've only ever owned one grille their! Briquettes can be somewhat expensive, so operating a charcoal grill, and why are weber charcoal grills so expensive a... Grills to the flame tamers Weber Genesis in the business if you’re looking a. Former requires less energy to set up and use better place is often more expensive than running a gas?! For €799 ever owned one grille Many people prefer gas grills are No longer made in the $ to. Special features than gas models for cooking ; why are weber charcoal grills so expensive, gas or a charcoal grill 22-inch familiarity. Excellent heat distribution ; Many people prefer gas grills are nothing to scoff at, either you to! Gas grills are still the same general design as when they were first,. Han191Kmdcs-Rd 19″ Ceramic Kamado charcoal grill briquettes are not recommended they were first released, they! To collect fat and juices the competition scoff at, either last a.. And as of December a Weber smoker, gas or a charcoal.! Kettle charcoal grill is quite efficient in price versus size and features, which isn’t always given it! More than the other grills at the current Weber Genesis in the world is the Kalamazoo Hybrid Freestanding. And Weber has a variety of convenient gas models their lives and if 're! Most of the most respected brands in the barbecue industry ( you can click here to see of! Are so popular Weber charcoal grill ; 5 barbecues with all the genuine love making... Brief look at the store if they 're Worth it or a grill...