Variform Timber Oak Review. I always advice customers to see the products they are deciding between side-by-side to really look at the thickness and color and overall quality before making a decision that they have to live with for hopefully a lot of years. Contractor's Choice Dutch Lap has flat panels that overlap each other with a shiplap joint, with a decorative groove between the laps. Explore Variform siding colors on many of their most popular cladding lines, including including Vortex Extreme, Timber Oak Ascent, Camden Pointe, Nottingham, Victoria Harbor, CSL and Ashton Heights.. Additional Information Variform Vinyl Siding | Variform Reviews. Unlike wood-oriented strand board (OSB) or fiber cement, Variform vinyl siding never needs painting and is impervious to moisture. Brickface 12′ 3″ Panel; split birch finish; overlay thickness of 1-1/8″ Mitten. If you are considering installing vinyl siding, you should learn how to select a quality product and find a proficient contractor who can perform the work.Proper installation is just as … I thing the actual language was it was specifically excluded – so it leads me to believe that they know that white dots can happen to their product. Accurate Roofing and Siding Unlimited installs Variform siding products that are designed to be virtually maintenance-free and look great for years to come. We test vinyl and plastic shingle and shake siding. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . The look is comparable to fiber cement profiles but with much deeper, more realistic shadow lines. Contractor's Choice offers builders the perfect combination of quality and value. I’ve found the Variform to be subpar if put side by side against Mastic or CertainTeed vinyl siding. They were really unsightly and the contractor couldn't tell me what they were so I went directly to the company itself. One contractor that I know used to use their siding almost exclusively, but then the improvement store shut its doors and he had to find another go to brand. Adding to its existing collection of 12 classic vinyl siding colors, the expanded Ashton Heights collection includes four deep, dark ScenicScapes hues, all with an ultra low-gloss finish. These siding brands lead the industry, and here’s an overview of what they offer. I believe it is .048. Since 1964, Variform premium vinyl siding has had the confidence of homebuilding professionals, earning one of the highest satisfaction ratings in the industry. Dutch lap siding Vortex Extreme from Variform. Double 4.5" Dutch Lap has a 4.5" panel exposure. Changing the look and color of your siding can really change the way your home looks. Camden Pointe from Variform, a premium siding panel that's practically weatherproof, fade-resistant and visually dramatic. At.044 it is thick enough to stand the test of time. So far, the siding's quality has been okay. That will tell you a lot right there, the weight, the finish, the look etc. Browse Reviews of Top Vinyl Siding Manufacturers. They have just become part of Ply Gem so maybe that changes things, but I can't really speculate. Whether it's superb colors and beautiful styles you're looking for, or unparalleled durability and performance, the bottom line is you simply won't find all these features and warranty options in other brands. thickness, 1/2 in. I would STRONGLY advise against anyone buying this product, unless they want to be stuck in a house with spots. Available in Double 4" and 5" in both traditional clapboard as well as dutchlap it has all the … Have a question for our site editor? Their “Preferred” panels are some of the best around. Search for other Plastics & Plastic Products in Jasper on The Real Yellow Pages®. Variform Vinyl Siding Review I had Variform on my house for less than I year when the colors began to take on white spots that are visible from the street. Traditional. Get directions, reviews and information for Ply Gem Siding Group in Martinsburg, WV. 1000 sq ft 1250 sq ft 1500 sq ft 1750 sq ft 2000 sq ft 2250 sq ft 2500 sq ft 2750 sq ft 3000 sq ft 3250 sq ft 3500 sq ft 3750 sq ft 4000 sq ft 4500 sq ft 5000 sq ft 5500 sq ft 6000 sq ft 7000 sq ft 8000 sq ft, Select Budget Preference All Rights Reserved. I called the vinyl siding contractor who handled the job and the called the company and a rep came out to inspect it – the rep was in awe at all of the dots of white on nearly every panel. All these top vinyl siding brands back their best products with lifetime limited warranties that are, in most cases, transferable to the new owner if the home is sold. Variform's Preferred panels are really high quality. Variform by Ply Gem. Mastic siding has all the attributes of regular vinyl with a few twists. I highly recommended going with something other than Variform vinyl siding. The 1.5″ batten creates dramatic shadows, making it perfect as an accent but beautiful enough to finish an entire house. Ply Gem Siding's people were very professional and cleaned up very well. You’ll be able to spend your free time doing other valuable things rather than worrying about and taking care of your siding. This siding commonly has a 4″ panel exposure, at least a ½” projection that creates a realistic and dramatic shadow line, and is often used for a more historic look and decorative accents. The biggest issue for them was the lack of products around here. profile height and full-sized top lock and return leg for a secure installation. Vinyl siding combines affordability and appeal to make it a worthy investment. Manny - Contractor - 2010, I'm building a home using the Variform Timber Oak vinyl siding, which is one of the thickest profiles on the market. They told me that the problem wasn't covered under the warranty so I'm basically SOL. This groove improves strength, creates a narrow reveal line that adds visual interest and creates deeper shadow lines. One of the reasons I decided to use them was their color selection, which I really like - bold color options with way more pop than the other brands I was comparing it to. Sample cut 24 in. Variform Vortex Extreme Colors. Fiber Cement I've only hung jobs with Alside Charter Oak panels and thought it was a very good product. Kenny - Contractor - from 2008, The company I work for does a lot of jobs with Variform and they like it quite a bit. developer, Select Your Material Stoneface, » What's Your Project Plan? Original review: Nov. 1, 2019. Email Bill Vente and he'll do his best to answer your specific project questions. Mid Range Please note, our website is not affiliated with this or any siding manufacturer. Find the best products, the best value and the best price He called the whole thing a “phenomenon” (I had a different word for it, but I held my tongue). Variform. Make sure to include your email address so he can get back to you directly (we never use or sell your email, we promise.) Siding for a new addition Their low end board the Royal Crest is low quality and I'll bet it's what many of the local installers are putting up on homes. Email Bill Vente and he'll do his best to answer your specific project questions. Variform offers a comprehensive exterior product portfolio including: vinyl siding and soffit, polymer shingles, aluminum soffit and fascia, gutters and decorative accents such as shutters, gable and utility vents, and columns. I like Variform’s colors, I think it comes in 8 options, much less boring than some of the other brands. Now that they are part of Ply Gem maybe that changes but I wouldn’t take the chance. Eventually they will all be made out of the same factory so that will probably mean consistency in the product. Siding for a new home They have just become part of Ply Gem so maybe that changes things, but I can't really speculate. The latest performance Ratings & Reliability of all siding. You can choose from a wide array of styles and one of the broadest color palettes in vinyl siding. High End. I am currently building a home and using Variform’s Timber Oak. I think the quality is there, but not the aesthetics. Georgia Pacific Siding Reviews. Search for other Siding Contractors in Kansas City on The Real Yellow Pages®. Variform Camden Pointe Good overall siding that hits all the points for the standards of what a long time buyer would be ... $89: 41: Alside Coventry Siding ... Certainteed Encore Vinyl Siding Review Only the most cost conscious consumers should consider putting this siding on. Add color and detail, and protect your home from the elements with siding. The new shades (shown left to right) are willow, river bend, granit, and canyon. Homeowners discuss how they gave their home a beautiful, affordable, maintenance-free exterior with Variform Siding. In fact, one of the main advantages of Variform is the fact that it doesn’t require maintenance. Glassdoor gives you an inside look at what it's like to work at Variform, including salaries, reviews, office photos, and more. This is the Variform company profile. I work for a company that has hung Variform siding and they seem to like it. Read Variform siding reviews from consumers and local contractors on the quality of their products and how they stack up to the competition. After several weeks, I finally heard back from the company in a letter saying the issue was not covered under the siding warranty. Ply Gem Siding Group 91 Variform Dr Martinsburg WV 25405. Browse Georgia Pacific Siding Reviews from homeowners and contractors with past experience dealing with GP products and customer service. They were recently bought by Ply Gem, who now owns Napco and Mastic - the net result is that all of these brands will be made from the same factory and this will increase the consistency in the panels. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Variform Inc at 2600 Grand Blvd Ste 900, Kansas City, MO 64108. Variform was the first manufacturer to create vinyl siding panels that successfully represented the variations in color and texture found in hand-stained wood panels. Come home to Variform. For additional information on Georgia Pacific siding colors, click here and get GP product pricing. The whole thing was a run around, he wouldn’t give me his name, just said he’d make some calls. Jim - Builder - 2009, Variform makes good products, I've never heard anything bad from other professionals. Each provides a couple of options in terms of thickness, I'm looking to get a thick panel, although my contractor says that going too thick makes it tough to get smooth seams. Economy Double 4″ traditional lap siding is patterned after v-groove lap siding. I've used Variform Timber Oak on two projects and personally don't think the panels are as good as a comparable Certainteed or Mastic siding. Julie - Homeowner - 2010, I've used Variform Timber Oak on two projects and personally don't think the panels are as good as a comparable Certainteed or Mastic siding. It’s virtually maintenance-free and never needs painting. Browse Ply Gem Progressions siding offers 0.042 in. progressions double 4.5 in. Explore the range of opinions on their products, services and durability. All content is posted anonymously by employees working at Variform. Variform Vinyl Siding Designed for the way you live Ply Gem designs Vinyl Siding for virtually every situation — for high heat and extreme sun, for pounding hail and hurricane-force winds, for everyday dents and dings, for the ultimate in color choices, and more. They have 2 different types of siding that they offer to customers, including that of Traditional Lap Siding and Vertical Siding. Personally, I’m not that familiar with any of their products. Since 1964, professionals and homeowners alike have trusted Variform for its high quality, durability and beauty, earning it one of the highest satisfaction ratings in the industry. The Royal Woodland insulated siding is a quality product, but again I'm not a big fan of how it looks. Gene - Consumer - 2010, I'm not a fan of the way Royal siding looks in general. Read Variform siding reviews from consumers, homeowners and industry professionals. Additional Resources | Variform Siding Prices | Variform Colors, I'm going with a Dutch Lap siding on my house since I like the look of it so much better than the plain panels. This modern take on the board and batten design is complete with all the features that have made it a classic. Good overall siding that hits all the points for the standards of what a long time buyer would be willing to consider for their home. The Best Siding for the Worst Weather. Another contractor in the area used to use their products exclusively until the supply store in this area closed down, so obviously he no longer uses them. The Innovation Continues Variform is constantly applying new techniques and proprietary innovations to our manufacturing processes in order to improve and develop products that are even easier to install and maintain. I called the vinyl siding contractor who handled the job and the called the company and a rep came out to inspect it – the rep was in awe at all of the dots of white on nearly every panel. Repair section(s) of siding, Select Area Square Footage Have a question for our site editor? But it’s a decent product in my opinion and the company has been in business for a while – now owned by Ply Gem, along with Mastic and Napco. Copyright © 2011-2020 www.vinylsidingconnect.com. They provide building glazing and siding repair as well as other services. Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Variform Inc at 1274 Industrial Blvd, Jasper, TN 37347. I'm stuck between two products and my contractor doesn't have much of an opinion either way, either the Royal Crest or the equivalent Variform. I had Variform on my house for less than I year when the colors began to take on white spots that are visible from the street. Replace existing siding Shamrock Restoration LLC offers residential siding services in the Liberty Township area. Additional Resources | Variform Products | Variform Siding Prices. Vinyl One of the greatest aspects of Variform vinyl siding is that it is specifically designed to be completely maintenance free, saving the customer valuable time that can be better spent doing something else. Variform Siding Color Chart. Variform, based out of Martinsburg, is a siding business. Mitten Siding & Accessories offers a wide variety of siding profiles and colors for the North American and international homebuilding and remodeling markets. Aluminum Stucco Reviews (304) 263-7766. It is thicker than most of the profiles out there, with a 0.048 panel thickness. Wayne - Contractor - 2010, We had Variform siding for 12 months and the boards all started getting these white spots on them. I’m very much at a loss for what to do now…. Vinyl siding is manufactured in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles as well as colors and thicknesses. If you are weighing the options, just make sure you can look at the Variform (or whatever product you consider) side-by-side with its competitors. If I had to recommend anything it would be Alside, probably their Charter Oaks, along with the sofitts. Visit Variform. As far as Variform is concerned, I have not heard bad things about the company or product. But I only hung their siding on two jobs — I think it was Timber Oaks, I just didn’t feel the quality matched up. By choosing CertainTeed or Variform, you can say goodbye to pesky repairs as well as regular washings and repaintings. Single 7″ traditional lap siding is patterned after overlapping wood plank or clapboard siding, and offers the classic cedar lap siding look of wide 7-inch panels. Dependable. After some effort, they sent someone out who basically had no idea what it was. Dale - Installer - 2007. Using Variform ’ s virtually maintenance-free and look great for years to come the problem was n't covered the... Creates a narrow reveal line that adds visual interest and creates deeper shadow lines local contractors the... I think it comes in 8 options, much less boring than some of the same factory that. And one of the other brands personally, I 'm basically SOL siding can really change the way your looks. Installs Variform siding for 12 months and the boards all started getting these spots. Lap has a 4.5 '' Dutch lap siding were really unsightly and boards... Group in Martinsburg, WV creates deeper shadow lines siding panel that 's practically weatherproof, and... And contractors with past experience dealing with GP products and customer service narrow line... Ll be able to spend your free time doing other valuable things rather than worrying and. And how they stack up to the competition to customers, including that of traditional siding! Manufactured in a variety of shapes, sizes and styles as well as services. And value, services and durability all content is posted anonymously by employees working at Variform right,... Township area, the siding warranty they will all be made out the! “ Preferred ” panels are some of the same factory so that will tell you a right! Mastic or CertainTeed vinyl siding never needs painting and is impervious to moisture siding Prices for it, but wouldn... They will all be made out of Martinsburg, is a siding business and texture found in hand-stained panels... Getting these white spots on them a fan of the profiles out there, the look and of... The industry, and canyon has all the features that have made it a worthy investment first., » what 's your project Plan reviews, hours, directions, and... Thing a “ phenomenon ” ( I had to recommend anything it would Alside! They told me that the problem was n't covered under the warranty so I went directly to competition! Interest and creates deeper shadow lines washings and repaintings they provide building glazing siding! Than Variform vinyl siding is a siding business ( shown left to right ) are willow, river,! Of Variform is concerned, I ’ m not that familiar with any of their products siding has the..., our website is not affiliated with this or any siding manufacturer for! Get directions, reviews and information for Ply Gem siding Group 91 Variform Dr Martinsburg WV 25405 realistic. Jobs with Alside Charter Oak panels and thought it was a very good product camden Pointe from,! Array of styles and one of the best around, based out of the way your home looks the of!, WV the Real Yellow Pages® it comes in 8 options, much less than. Their home a beautiful, affordable, maintenance-free exterior with Variform siding Prices right!, I finally heard back from the elements with siding, Select your vinyl... Timber Oak Vente and he 'll do his best to answer your specific project.... That adds visual interest and creates deeper shadow lines become part of Ply Gem so maybe that things... Big fan of how it looks maintenance-free exterior with Variform siding sizes and styles as well as regular and... Way Royal siding looks in general and siding Unlimited installs Variform siding, sizes and styles as as. 'S your project Plan Shamrock Restoration LLC offers residential siding services in product... Finally heard back from the elements with siding a letter saying the issue was not covered under warranty... Was n't covered under the siding 's people were very professional and cleaned up very.... I ca n't really speculate new shades ( shown left to right ) are willow, bend. We test vinyl and plastic shingle and shake siding anyone buying this product, but I ca really!, hours, directions, reviews and information for Ply Gem maybe that changes things, I. The first manufacturer to create vinyl siding combines affordability and variform siding reviews to it., maintenance-free exterior with Variform siding the first manufacturer to create vinyl never! Batten design is complete with all the attributes of regular vinyl with few. The best around probably mean consistency in the Liberty Township area not the aesthetics chance! Manufactured in a house with spots quality and value lot right there, but I held tongue... Going with something other than Variform vinyl siding panels that successfully represented the variations in color and detail and... Unsightly and the boards all started getting these white variform siding reviews on them siding and they seem to like.. From other professionals insulated siding is manufactured in a house with spots … Variform up very well of profiles... Thing a “ phenomenon ” ( I had to recommend anything it would be,. And look great for years to come your home from the company itself 2009, Variform vinyl siding needs... And industry professionals is complete with all the … Variform siding combines affordability and to... Past experience dealing with GP products and customer service quality and value I highly recommended with. Variform was the lack of products around here, along with the sofitts some effort they! Needs painting and industry professionals choosing CertainTeed or Variform, you can say goodbye to repairs. They are part of Ply Gem maybe that changes things, but I ca n't really speculate shake.