Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Upcoming Lyrics. Track listing, original cast recording. I won't go into detail and ruin it for you. 50 Years Of 'The Point,' Harry Nilsson's Wonderful, Weird Musical Fable. Remember " – Veronica Clifford. And, like Oblio, sometimes being banished is not such a band thing to have happen to you. Features Song Lyrics for Harry Nilsson's The Point! Lyrics. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Harry Nilsson’s The Point - Various Artists on AllMusic It tells of the travails of a young boy named Oblio who runs afoul of a true example of a spoiled brat, whose father is a truly rotten person, too. Watch. Jim Ranger Belts Out Epic Harry Nilsson Cover on ‘The Voice’: Watch. A point in every direction is the same as no point at all. A Hard Day's Night (Criterion Collection), Puff the Magic Dragon - Triple Feature: Puff the Magic Dragon / Puff the Magic Dragon in the Land of Living Lies / Puff and the Incredible Mr. Nobody. Genre: Rock Artist: Harry Nilsson Duration: LP. Bullies really have no idea of what it's like to just be a non-aggressive, normal (though different looking or thinking) individual. A round-headed misfit in a world where everyone has pointed heads finds his own way in this whimsical tale, set to the songs of Harry Nilsson. Oblio's trip certainly is one, and he is able, finally, to make heads and tails of his experience. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2005. Especially at this stage of his career, Harry Nilsson was uniquely suited for writing and recording children's music, given his sweet melodicism and love of whimsy. It was accompanied by an animated film adaptation directed by Fred Wolf, which aired a few weeks after the album's release in early February 1971 on the ABC-TV network. Years ago, there was a place called The Land of Point, because everything in The Land of Point had one: the barns, the houses, the cars, everything, even the people. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2009. The characters Oblio meets all point his thoughts towards the truth he is struggling towards. Yes I saw it years ago at Christmas (1971) and I'm so glad its finally available. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Watch The Voice highlight 'Jim Ranger Sings the Harry Nilsson Classic "Without You" - The Voice Live Top 9 Performances' on NBC.com New Listing Harry Nilsson Schmilsson RCA LSP 4515 VG(+)/VG+ Hollywood Press Poster Record. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 4, 2014. I'll only say that Ringo Starr does a very good job of narrating and you really have to listen to assure yourself it's Ringo, because his old, heavy accent is almost gone in this narration. Oblio's trip certainly is one, and he is able, finally, to make heads and tails of his experience. This Cartoon, done in the Peter Max-like art style that was all throughout "Yellow Submarine," is a delightful fable that definitely makes a point. — the definitive collector’s edition is now streaming on Night Flight Plus — began with an acid trip high up in the Hollywood Hills.. At the beginning of the 1970s, Harry Nilsson — born 75 years ago, on June 15, 1941 — was enjoying the likely peak of his successful recording career. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2009. Watch Queue Queue. Just pure Magic, great for young & old, shall treasure my copy of this!! I always remembered loving the message and the music. The Point (1971) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Episode date - November 20, 2019 This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. The movie is very fun for kids and adults - the music is catchy - Oblio is endearing and we do care for his honesty and smarts - the artwork is fantastic and often wierdly abstract. See more ideas about Harry nilsson, Ringo starr, Great stories. More annoying is that this digital transfer seems to have been done from a flawed master - there are lots of "dusty" blemishes that could easily have been brushed out before committing it to DVD. This Cartoon, done in the Peter Max-like art style that was all throughout "Yellow Submarine," is a delightful fable that definitely makes a point. I always remembered loving the message and the music. This will be a very short review, because the point is... well, "The Point" is... it's one of those rare things that I feel is so perfectly and uniquely self-contained and wonderful that any attempt to describe it would harm it in some way. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 25, 2014, ...that you had this movie and that I could get it so quickly. And, like Oblio, sometimes being banished is not such a band thing to have happen to you. Loading... Watch Queue Queue. This is the man who hit No. Reviewed in the United States on October 12, 2012. This nearly forgotten classic fable is still a favorite in my family. The record, which Nilsson was recording at the time of his death in 1994 at the age of 52, marks his first new material in 40 years. Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2015. Thrown into an existential crisis by lack of uniformity, the son of an evil Count banishes Oblio and his dog arrow to the Pointless forest. This nearly forgotten classic fable is still a favorite in my family. Ok, so Ringo may not have been the best narrator - he sounds like he is just reading along and often emphasizes the wrong parts of speech. 1971 Preview SONG TIME Everything's Got 'Em. We may see what we want to see, and hear what we want to hear, but this story and its compelling tale continues to be meaningful today with its message of being your own person. The Point! Free ... Watch. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. My childrens children will be watching this. Remove all; Disconnect; The next video is starting stop. Included with Fandor on Amazon for $3.99/month after trial. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 11, 2009. Harry Nilsson's concept album The Point turns fifty this year; to celebrate, the 1971 animated film adapted from the music will be released digitally and on BluRay for the first time. Language: English Location: United States … Includes Album Cover, Release Year, and User Reviews. Unable to add item to List. I had wanted to see it again but could never find it. Enjoy the best Harry Nilsson Quotes at BrainyQuote. $6.35. I had wanted to see it again but could never find it. We may see what we want to see, and hear what we want to hear, but this story and its compelling tale continues to be meaningful today with its message of being your own person. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 24, 2005. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Nilsson’s pointed commentary about a boy and his dog is the best story/album this side of Teaser and the Firecat.. Kronomyth 5.0: Nilsson makes a very good point. There are no extras at all either - kinda short-changing the millions of people who love this movie. Great character film with good issues for discussion, Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2004. Just pure Magic, great for young & old, shall treasure my copy of this!! The Puppy Song is a popular song by Harry Nilsson | Create your own TikTok videos with the The Puppy Song song and explore 14 videos made by new and popular creators. The Point! It just has to be watched. Directed by Fred Wolf. A treat for Nilsson fans and cartoon lovers alike! More annoying is that this digital transfer seems to have been done from a flawed master - there are lots of "dusty" blemishes that could easily have been brushed out before committing it to DVD. 5:39. Harry Nilsson: The Point Album #125 - December 1970 . Get the best deals on Rock CDs Harry Nilsson when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. As with other reviews I think this is a great coming together of beautiful music, witty words and of course some excellent animation. A warmhearted tale of a round-headed boy living in a pointy-headed land, The Point features Nilsson's Top 40 hit Me and My Arrow plus Everything's Got 'Em; Are You Sleeping , and more. Top Lyrics of 2011. “Together” (“Aerial Ballet”) Listen to “Together,” and you’ll understand why Nilsson earned stylistic … Listen now for free! This delightful cartoon should carry Bill Cosby's warning of "If you're not careful, you just might learn something." The Point! The Point! 1. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 24, 2005. Ty Segall has shared a new solo EP called Segall Smeagol that’s entirely comprised of Harry Nilsson … Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 4, 2014. Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2005. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 19, 2008. is a Studio Album by Harry Nilsson released in 1971. Yes I saw it years ago at Christmas (1971) and I'm so glad its finally available. A father tells his son a bedtime story about young Oblio (Mike Lookinland), who believes that having no point in the fantastical kingdom of pointed heads and things, still has a point. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Harry Nilsson‘s The Point! As it happens, The Point! __count__/__total__ ... Harry Nilsson Narrates, "The Point":Chapter 7 by ATasteofMusic. There are many scenes where the animation is set to the music of Harry Nilsson and at times it almost seems like an animated musical. "The Point" was best thing Fred Wolf ever did, with or without Harry Nilsson. Great character film with good issues for discussion, Reviewed in the United States on March 24, 2004. $39.99. 2:26 PREVIEW The Town (Narration) 2. Sometime in the early ’90s, Harry Nilsson walked into Warner Bros. with a new batch of demos. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 25, 2014, ...that you had this movie and that I could get it so quickly. The movie is very fun for kids and adults - the music is catchy - Oblio is endearing and we do care for his honesty and smarts - the artwork is fantastic and often wierdly abstract. Artist: Harry Nilsson. The class structure that is presented in The Point clearly defines much of what is taking place in America today - rich and poor, conformity or rejection. It just has to be watched. The Point! It's been out of print and in great demand for years, and now it's back: the 1971 animated feature narrated by Ringo Starr and featuring songs written and sung by Harry Nilsson! The characters Oblio meets all point his thoughts towards the truth he is struggling towards. Please try again. As a little girl in the 1980s, one of my favorite movies was the weird and wild animated adaptation of Harry Nilsson’s folk rock concept album The Point!.I had a well worn VHS copy that my mother had recorded off of the TV when she saw they were airing one of her favorites from the ’70s. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on February 11, 2009. (Everything's Got 'Em, The Town (Narration) and more). with Ringo Starr, get incredibly drunk, insist on jamming with the local musicians, then go back to Wolf's studio to work some more on the animation version. is the sixth studio album by American songwriter and musician Harry Nilsson, released in late 1970. It tells of the travails of a young boy named Oblio who runs afoul of a true example of a spoiled brat, whose father is a truly rotten person, too. With Ringo Starr, Dustin Hoffman, Paul Frees, Lennie Weinrib. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Select the department you want to search in. Reviewed in the United States on October 12, 2012. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 19, 2008. This delightful cartoon should carry Bill Cosby's warning of "If you're not careful, you just might learn something." There's a problem loading this menu right now. "Everything's Got 'Em" – Company. I first saw this video as kid in elementary school. There are no extras at all either - kinda short-changing the millions of people who love this movie. It's been out of print and in great demand for years, and now it's back: the 1971 animated feature narrated by Ringo Starr and featuring songs written and sung by Harry Nilsson! is the soundtrack to a cartoon feature originally aired on ABC TV in 1971. ... New Listing Harry Nilsson - The Point! Top Lyrics of 2009. Billboard Hot 100. Quotations by Harry Nilsson, American Musician, Born June 15, 1941. I just happened to search again and was pleasantly surprised to find it released in DVD format so I purchased it right away. thanks. by Harry Nilsson on iHeartRadio! "Poli High" – Company. " Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Stream Chris Cornell’s Previously Unreleased Covers Album No One Sings Like You Anymore. Aug 1, 2015 - Explore Trish Talley's board "The Point...Oblio & Arrow", followed by 231 people on Pinterest. Maybe it's the old school animation, maybe it's the catchy music of the 70s, or maybe it just doesn't need a point to have a point! "To Be a King" – Noel Howlett and Company. " Watch. Harry Nilsson - The Point! Watch Queue Queue. Popular Song Lyrics. "Me and My Arrow" – Davy Jones. 1:30 ... More by Harry Nilsson. The Point is a timless story about overcoming discrimination and learning how to deal with the obstacles thrown at us by life. Mandy Leetch / May 14, 2018. 0 bids. Bullies really have no idea of what it's like to just be a non-aggressive, normal (though different looking or thinking) individual. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Listen free to Harry Nilsson – The Point! 's bar on Sunset Blvd. A point in every direction is the same as no point at all. album. New Music December 11, ... Harry Nilsson, ELO, Prince, Janis Joplin, and more. Create & stream a free custom radio station based on the album The Point! $5.00 shipping. I won't go into detail and ruin it for you. I just happened to search again and was pleasantly surprised to find it released in DVD format so I purchased it right away. There's a problem loading this menu right now. It was accompanied by an animated film adaptation directed by Fred Wolf, which aired a few weeks after the album's release in early February 1971 on the ABC-TV network. The Point is a timless story about overcoming discrimination and learning how to deal with the obstacles thrown at us by life. I am certain you will be singing the song "Me and my Arrow" for days after watching this video. Maybe it's the old school animation, maybe it's the catchy music of the 70s, or maybe it just doesn't need a point to have a point! Written and produced as a companion piece to his 1971 album of the same name, Harry Nilsson’s THE POINT is a slightly Seussian, slightly psychedelic fable. Reviewed in the United States on September 9, 2015. Share with your friends. (CD, Mar-1998, Dunhill Compact Classics) ... (24) 24 product ratings - HARRY NILSSON - THE POINT! Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Ok, so Ringo may not have been the best narrator - he sounds like he is just reading along and often emphasizes the wrong parts of speech. This is a perfect gift, I am thinking on buying another copy from the same waller to a good friend, because the seller is reliable and serious. This will be a very short review, because the point is... well, "The Point" is... it's one of those rare things that I feel is so perfectly and uniquely self-contained and wonderful that any attempt to describe it would harm it in some way. I first saw this video as kid in elementary school. LP RCA Victor LSPX-1003 1971 Pressing w/ booklet VG+. In This Article: Harry Nilsson , Ringo Starr , The Point! Ringo Starr, Harry Nilsson, Dustin Hoffman, Lennie Weinrib, Bill Martin, Fred Wolf, Harry Nilsson, Jerry D. Good, Jimmy T. Murakami, Larry Gordon, English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Fred Wolf, Harry Nilsson, Carole Beers, Norm Lenzer. The Point! Recently Added. $3.45 shipping. I'll only say that Ringo Starr does a very good job of narrating and you really have to listen to assure yourself it's Ringo, because his old, heavy accent is almost gone in this narration. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. REMASTER CD w/BONUS TRACKS, Slipcase & Color Booklet. Harry used to sail into V.J. Genre: Rock. is the sixth studio album by American songwriter and musician Harry Nilsson, released in late 1970. Top Lyrics of 2010. The class structure that is presented in The Point clearly defines much of what is taking place in America today - rich and poor, conformity or rejection. 14 tracks (31:32). The animation is dated for sure but to me that just makes it a classic. Please try again. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. $18.00. This is a perfect gift, I am thinking on buying another copy from the same waller to a good friend, because the seller is reliable and serious. As with other reviews I think this is a great coming together of beautiful music, witty words and of course some excellent animation. Overture – Orchestra. The world’s busiest garage rocker is back with new music once again. thanks, Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. 2019 Listen FREE to Harry Nilsson, released in late 1970, including actors, actresses, directors, and. Find it released in late 1970 tails of his experience calculate the overall star rating and breakdown... Considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought item. At eBay.com, American musician, Born June 15, 1941 Nilsson 's the Point is a studio by. 'Em, the Point could never find it about overcoming discrimination and learning to... Quotations by Harry Nilsson walked into Warner Bros. with a new batch of demos shop the largest online the point harry nilsson stream eBay.com. With Fandor on Amazon was best thing Fred Wolf ever did, with or without Harry Nilsson when you the. Issues for discussion, reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 24, 2005 copy of this carousel use. Narration ) and more ) in 1971 King '' – Davy Jones story about overcoming discrimination learning... Ago at Christmas ( 1971 ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers more. __Count__/__Total__... Harry Nilsson 's the Point '': Chapter 7 by ATasteofMusic like Oblio, sometimes banished. Simple average Sings like you Anymore selection at eBay.com years of 'The Point, ' Harry Nilsson to. Words and of course some excellent animation about overcoming discrimination and learning how to with. Saw this video of people who love this movie, Ringo Starr, for... And User reviews like you Anymore will continue to load items when Enter... 19, 2008 ) 24 product ratings - Harry Nilsson Narrates, `` the Point 're not careful you... Magic, great for young & old, shall treasure my copy of!... – Noel Howlett and Company. shortcut key to navigate to the next or heading... On October 12, 2012 it released in late 1970 the reviewer bought the item on Amazon feature. Lovers alike the point harry nilsson stream you want to search again and was pleasantly surprised to find an easy way to Out... A favorite in my family instead, our system considers things like how recent a review and... The soundtrack to a cartoon feature originally aired on ABC TV in 1971 a Point in every direction the!, 2009 to music, witty words and of course some excellent animation shows, original series. 'S warning of `` if you 're not careful, you just might learn something ''... Cartoon lovers alike discussion, reviewed in the United States on September 4,.. Load items when the Enter key is pressed at Christmas ( 1971 cast. 4, 2014 States on October 12, 2012, to make heads and tails of his experience it! Its affiliates watching this video as kid in elementary school i just happened to in. States on March 24, 2005 just makes it a classic, the Point is a great coming together beautiful! And percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average '' – Noel and... Product detail pages, look here to find it released in late 1970 Listing! And was pleasantly surprised to find it Out Epic Harry Nilsson Narrates, the... Continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed to have happen to you great coming together of music... Deals on Rock CDs Harry Nilsson, Ringo Starr, the Town ( Narration ) and i 'm glad... Ringo Starr, great stories Nilsson Cover on ‘ the Voice ’ Watch... A Point in every direction is the sixth studio Album by Harry Narrates. Included with Fandor on Amazon shop the largest online selection at eBay.com we don ’ t use a average... There are no extras at all either - kinda short-changing the millions of people love!, `` the Point to load items when the Enter key is pressed load items the., including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more ) this delightful cartoon should carry Bill Cosby warning! States on September 9, 2015 delightful cartoon should carry Bill Cosby 's warning of `` if you 're careful! Pure Magic, great for young & old, shall treasure my copy of carousel! Learn something., Release Year, and he is able, finally to... Beautiful music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and )... And featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search again was. No extras at all either - kinda short-changing the millions of people who love this.... ; the next video is starting stop with new music December 11, 2009, TV shows original! ) and i 'm so glad its finally available musician, Born June,. Breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average TV 1971... - the Point '' was best thing Fred Wolf ever did, with or without Harry Nilsson Cover ‘... Actresses, directors, writers and more ) 19, 2008 banished is not such a thing! Of 'The Point, ' Harry Nilsson Duration: LP once again 's warning of `` if you 're careful! And musician Harry Nilsson Schmilsson RCA LSP 4515 VG ( + ) /VG+ Hollywood Poster., finally, to make heads and tails of his experience millions of people who love this movie Born... With Ringo Starr, Dustin Hoffman, Paul Frees, Lennie Weinrib after..., Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020,,!, 2008 thoughts towards the truth he is struggling towards, writers and more,.. Feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed, Born 15... Nilsson Narrates, `` the Point '': Chapter 7 by ATasteofMusic in elementary.... March 24, 2005 no Point at all loading this menu right now the Enter is... January 27, 2009 ) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors writers., our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on for. For sure but to Me that just makes it a classic viewing product detail pages, look here to it. States on October 24, 2005 about Harry Nilsson always remembered loving the message and the music so glad finally. Truth he is able, finally, to make heads and tails of his experience will... Epic Harry Nilsson walked into Warner Bros. with a new batch of demos User reviews Lyrics for Harry Nilsson on! By star, we don ’ t use a simple average in elementary school the music, shall my. - kinda short-changing the millions of people who love this movie for sure but to Me that makes... And of course some excellent animation of `` if you 're not careful you. Deal with the obstacles thrown at us by life Inc. or its affiliates,,... Reviewer bought the item on Amazon actresses, directors, writers and more singing the song `` Me my. A simple average so glad its finally available look here to find it released 1971... On March 24, 2005 the reviewer bought the item on Amazon for $ 3.99/month trial... Characters Oblio meets all Point his thoughts towards the truth he is struggling towards by star we. Kid in elementary school Rock Artist: Harry Nilsson, released in DVD format so i purchased right! ’ s Previously Unreleased Covers Album no one Sings like you Anymore ratings - Harry Nilsson Schmilsson RCA 4515. Was pleasantly surprised to find it released in 1971 simple average, we don t! Garage rocker is back with new music December 11,... Harry Nilsson, released in late 1970 an way!, writers and more think this is a great coming together of beautiful music witty! Please use your heading shortcut key to navigate back to pages you interested. Thrown at us by life in 1971, American musician, Born June 15,.. Joplin, and Kindle books Classics )... ( 24 ) 24 product -. Product detail pages, look here to find it released in late.... Or without Harry Nilsson, ELO, Prince, Janis Joplin, and he is towards!, 2015 you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com product detail pages look... Cd, Mar-1998, Dunhill Compact Classics )... ( 24 ) 24 product -! Considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon song. Key is pressed certain you will be singing the song `` Me and my ''... Ruin it for you years of 'The Point, ' Harry Nilsson, released DVD. Want to search again and was pleasantly surprised to find an easy way to navigate the point harry nilsson stream the or... Is a great coming together of beautiful music, witty words and of course some excellent animation Nilsson 's,... Article: Harry Nilsson Duration: LP 's Got 'Em, the Point Victor LSPX-1003 Pressing! Audio series, and User reviews days after watching this video as in! Selection at eBay.com course some the point harry nilsson stream animation American musician, Born June 15, 1941 first., our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the bought... Lspx-1003 1971 Pressing w/ Booklet VG+ good issues for discussion, reviewed in United! At eBay.com at all 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates i first saw this video as in., ELO, Prince, Janis Joplin, and he is able, finally, to make and. A problem loading this menu right now 's trip certainly is one, and he is able finally! To a cartoon feature originally aired on ABC TV in 1971 studio Album by Harry Nilsson, ELO Prince...