Grilled cheese is the best and that bread looks fab! Love the bread! That sounds delicious! I mean, melted cheese. Begin with about 1/4 lb. Allow to heat. https://marlameridith.com/grilled-cheese-with-baby-spinach-recipe Serves 4. Garlicky Bacon & Spinach Grilled Cheese. Don’t be shy. Add 1/2 cup … Welcome! One of those so messy, but so worth it moments. Thanks for the pin Averie! Amazing! Thaw the spinach, then squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni turned into Grilled Cheese. Next add two slices of bacon, a handful of spinach, another cheese slice and top with a … Looks fabulous! Right? How on earth did you get the bread looking that good? I used low fat ricotta. I am so glad that you love it as much as I do! Thanks so much! So good. Add the feta cheese and cream and allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes until the cream has reduced. From the photos I;m guessing you sprinkled some Parmesan or something on the bread? Tired of traditional grilled cheese? …, COPYRIGHT © 2020 CAFE DELITES. Do you ever have a craving you just need to fill before it breaks you? I say no way it was just sourdough and butter. by Cooking Light. That bread is sooooooo good! A self-confessed balanced foodie sharing some waistline friendly recipes that are full of flavour. London on Ice Tetley Tea Recipe Contest, Video: Rustic Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons, Rustic Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Croutons. A mother who thought I could force trick my children into eating veggies. Awesome! Is spinach and artichoke dip still a thing? Design Your Ideal Kitchen with LG Studio Inspiration! I will definitely be making them again soon! https://www.anediblemosaic.com/spinach-mozzarella-grilled-cheese Grilled cheese lovers, rejoice! E … But you don’t have time for stuffing and baking…and waiting. Add the frozen spinach, turn the heat up to medium, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until heated through and most … I’m so happy you like it! Because dipping it into the sauce takes it to a whole other cannelloni addicts dimension. I feel like it was all the rage when I was in college (*cough* ten years ago *cough*) but it’s since taken a back seat to other, less indulgent dips… like hummus. Ahhhhhh…thank you Rosa!! Spread on bread of your choice, I prefer rye. Layer in the turkey if you are using it. This looks delicious. Glad you like them . Cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes, or until it begins to soften. Glad I made a double batch don’t I can have more tomorrow. But the cheese and bacon were lost and could barely be tasted. My hubby just bought me an air fryer which I haven’t opened yet. Call it an adult version of the grilled-cheese sandwich—slices of country bread layered with mozzarella, goat cheese, and tomato-sauced spinach and toasted to a golden brown. https://www.delish.com/.../a46500/spinach-artichoke-grilled-cheese-recipe Your email address will not be published. I used fresh spinach and Heidelberg bread cuz that’s what I had on hand. Life is too short for bland and boring. Make grilled cheese for one with this quick and easy recipe! Um. Add 2-3 slices crisp bacon (to save time, I sprinkle bacon bits on instead). Try our grilled cheese Florentine: Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar and garlicky spinach on thick slices of bread, grilled and crisped in butter and olive oil. Place two slices of cheese on top of one of the bread slices. https://www.eatgood4life.com/grilled-cheese-and-spinach-sandwich Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. To amp up the flavor, sprinkle a teeny pinch salt over the avocado – so good! It is lovely to swoon over melty cheese isn’t it?! Here are some tips for making my Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese: Use a nice thick sliced bread. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy. Order Marla’s new cookbook “High Alpine Cuisine” available at these retailers: All RecipesSide DishesSoupsDessertsCocktailsHoliday RecipesVegetarianVegan, Design & DIYMountain LifeYoga & FitnessDog’s Life, USA TravelInternational TravelSki & Alpine. Well worth your few minutes standing in the kitchen. I for one, have been cooking A LOT and I have used SO MANY OF YOUR recipes! I don’t even crave cannelloni but I think I need this in my life. Spinach Grilled Cheese is the most delicious way to eat your veggies! In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. This was soooo good,I used a grain bread,cottage cheese and fresh spinach because thats what i had in house.Turned out great. For me Vermont Creamery Cultured Butter is also a favorite. Season with the lemon, salt and pepper and remove from the heat to cool to room temperature. OMG, so good & easy to make! It was delicious! Care to let us in on the secret? Which made the recipe not a grilled cheese at all. Spread the mixture into between the two slices of bread. Share it: 3.94/5 (17) Sample rating item. Take both out when they are done and set aside. It is possible that I miscalculated the amount of cheese … Add the ricotta cheese, spinach, parmesan cheese, salt/pepper and Italian herbs to the pan-fried garlic and mix until well combined. Your email address will not be published. Add the spinach, … I fell in love with this on Instagram just now and came to check it out. Butter bread and toast on hot griddle. You’ll … 2 1 clove garlic , crushed. So of course, we had to make it vegan. Although the kids are happy with the standard KRAFT cheese in the buttered bread, the hubby and I like to change it up a bit. Spinach Dip Grilled Cheese. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue to fry until the mushrooms and onions have formed a nice dark caramelized glaze, approximately 20 minutes. 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese. - Top with a generous sprinkle of garlic powder. Will definitely make again . 1/3 cup ricotta cheese (I used reduced-fat) 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach , thawed. Delicious and easy! Put bread in pan, and place cheese on top and then place spinach and tomato on top of the cheese. In fact, I tell my kids it’s leprechaun grilled cheese and they gobble them right up! This is so easy to make I nearly cried tears of joy. Season with salt and pepper and cook until just wilted and bright green, about 2 to 3 minutes. Hubby asked if we could have it again soon! Of course spinach makes it healthy! This looks crazy good! And better. Made this last night but skipped the tomato sauce and went for Ina Garten’s roasted tomato soup instead. I need to post a comment” and let you know that your recipes are amazing!!!!!!! Serve with chips and a pickle. This sandwich might work great in it, crisping up the bread and melting the cheese. I just made this, I have made it before, but this time I made homemade ricotta cheese. Mixing the classic Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni ingredients into a bowl just enough for two people; spreading it eagerly onto the bread and buttering both sides was way too much excitement happening in one morning. Duh. If you do, I am living on grilled cheese sandwiches for the rest of my life! Add spinach and toss to coat with oil and garlic. Focaccia Three-Cheese Italian Grilled Cheese. Learn how your comment data is processed. Use a lot when you make grilled cheese & your tastebuds will thank you. Wipe pan out with towel, and heat on medium. Add the sliced mushrooms and onions and fry until translucent, approximately 5 minutes. Divide the ricotta mixture in half and spread it on the un-buttered sides of two slices of bread; divide the mozzarella cheese in half and add it over the ricotta mixture; top with remaining bread - buttered side up (to create a sandwich). Because that’s what this is. Besides it makes the crunch out of this world! Oh my gosh. Yes, this is real life and happening. Hands down. So if you do anything in the kitchen this weekend, may I suggest you take out your skillet and go to town on this. My 6 year old boy LOVED it and so did I! While your at it…do yourself a favorite & whip up a batch of Strawberry Moscow Mule Cocktails. I am sure you have been receiving a lot of comments since the world went into lock down and everyone is cooking so much at the moment. A warm and satisfying meal, it’s just as delicious for breakfast as it is for lunch or a light dinner. I am glad that you made it your own. Yum! I made these last night for dinner and they were AMAZING!!! This is a Cannelloni craving — hit hard. Grilled Cheese with Baby Spinach. This recipe is a keeper and we will definitely make it again. This garlicky sandwich from Cooking Light combines cheese, bacon and greens for a very satisfying 300-calorie sandwich that’s perfect for … I think most can agree that you can’t go wrong with a Grilled Cheese Sandwich!! Just look at all of that amazing melted cheese! Holy moley!! Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Spinach & Artichoke Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Let’s not forget the mayo. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Return the pan/skillet to the stove over medium heat and place the sandwiches in the pan. Combine spinach, artichokes, and mozzarella between two crispy slices of Angelic Bakehouse® 7-Grain Bread for a heavenly twist on the classic grilled cheese recipe. by Six Vegan Sisters. But this one went to a whole other insane place. Can’t wait to make it. Winner! Right.now. Once upon a time, I was an ambitious mother. Focaccia Three-Cheese Italian Grilled Cheese; Cheesy Pizza Pull Apart Bread; Steak Fajita Grilled Cheese; and so many more grilled cheese recipes on here. Yes!! Spinach Grilled Cheese. Nothing beats it. Buttered and toasted crunchy fresh bread filled with melted Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese and all those Spinach Cannelloni flavours in less than 10 minutes. Made this the other day. high praise from my pickiest eater! 3 years ago. Cook, turning once, until the cheese has melted and both sides are golden brown (about 3-4 minutes per side). Aw thank you! Often times, we’ll make Paninis or just “fancy” grilled cheese sandwiches with avocados and cream cheese. Xx. Subscribe to Marla Meridith’s newsletter and follow along with her adventures. By using this website you agree to our cookie policy to deliver a better site experience. Spinach, artichoke hearts, melted cheeses and delicious spices are all sandwiched between two thick and buttery slices of toasted bread. I used their Powerseed bread in this recipe. Completely dairy-free, … frozen chopped spinach. - Spread 2 slices of bread with butter, then sprinkle each with some chopped fresh spinach and a little shredded cheese. Only, this was better, because buttered toasted crunchy fresh bread filled with melted Parmesan and Mozzarella cheezus and all those Spinach Cannelloni flavours in less than 10 minutes beats any pasta. Ingredients. Remove from heat; add the garlic to a small bowl; set pan/skillet aside. Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. My name is Karina and this is my internet kitchen hang-out. That means a lot to me. And to continue beating the craving…I dipped it into pasta sauce. Part of the series: Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. I’m still swooning. 5 isn’+ good enough. Add the sandwich and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side. Scrumptious green goddess vegan grilled cheese sandwich with avocado, spinach and sprouts layered between cashew mayo and a healthy homemade cheese sauce! When the spinach has cooled down, sandwich a few spoons with the mozzarella between two slices of bread. I love this Marla, what an awesome grilled cheese sandwich. Just made this one for lunch and I said ” Enough! Your email address will not be published. In a large frying pan, melt 2 tbsp. It really is killer. Try it out today! Sprinkle with extra Italian herbs and serve with the pasta sauce (optional), (Passata or Tomato Sauce for U.S readers), « Nutella Stuffed Salted Caramel Blondies. Thanks Aimee & yes perfect for summer…not much time at all needed in the kitchen! I’d never had a grilled cherse with ricotta before. Add the mushrooms and scallion and cook over high heat, stirring, until softened and lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat. MMM! Cook spinach until slightly wilted. Takes no time at all to slap a few pieces of bread together with the other stuff. Have you ever tried Dave’s Killer Bread. Mix spinach, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until well blended. Ooey gooey, hot melted cheese, fried up with lots of butter on whole grain seeded bread. Hands-down the best grilled cheese I’ve ever had! I can’t help it. Sea salt and cracked … First, spinach is sauteed with garlic and red pepper flakes to infuse it with flavor. Butter one piece of bread as you would for a regular grilled cheese sandwich. In a medium sized pan/skillet, fry the garlic in a small amount of olive oil (or cooking oil spray), until just fragrant (about 30-60 seconds) over medium-high heat. This side of heaven, I think there is nothing that meets the eye as good as this! I need to try all the varieties . Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the spinach pesto, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread. https://giadzy.com/recipes/spinach-dip-grilled-cheese-giada , Hi Helen! For an extta melty grilled … Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. butter on medium heat. Thanks so much for sharing! I mean, Cannelloni (sort of), in under 10 minutes?! Another great summer lunch idea. This looks amazing. https://journal.getaway.house/campfire-recipes-spinach-grilled-cheese Hi! Required fields are marked *. This sandwich packs in a healthy dose of veggies plus a delicious flavor boost from sliced prosciutto (Italian ham). March 10, 2017. Yep yep! And then listening to them sizzling in the frying pan and smelling nothing but rustic pasta aromas. Come on over & i’ll make you one . How to Make Spinach Artichoke Grilled Cheese – Step by Step Photos. Spinach and Artichoke Grilled Cheese, inspired by the classic dip. TikTok sensation and vegan cooking superstar Tabitha Brown teaches Drew how to make her "fancy" vegan spinach grilled cheese. Add olive oil to a sauté pan or nonstick skillet and heat over medium-high. +his sandwich deserves a 10! - Place one slice of the prepared bread, cheese-side-down, into a preheated skillet and pan fry, moving the piece around in the pan a bit so it won’t stick, until golden brown and crispy. Your email address will not be published. That’s how we came up with the spinach dip GRILLED CHEESE. It seemed to taste overwhelmingly of garlicky, wilted spinach, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I’m drooling now!!! Required fields are marked *. I’m drooling! Heat oil in the same pan over medium heat. Ready in 28 minutes. There’s no secret here how much I love and respect the art of melted cheese. Nothing beats a gooey, melty grilled cheese! And spinach because that makes this healthy. pinned! This is an excellent sandwich that is easy to make but also unique and delicious. In a large skillet toast the bread, two slices at a time. These are terrific grilled sandwiches. What a combo! Karina this was SO delicious, quick and easy to make – thanks for posting !! Top with spinach and 2 slices of cheese then seal with remaining slice of bread. There is nothing I like better than grilled cheese! AWE! This looks like the perfect lunch! One of our favorite meals growing up was microwaveable spinach dip on top of buttered pita topped with melty cheese. Thanks, Marla! Slice cheese into four 1-ounce slices, placing 1 ounce onto each of 4 slices of bread. That gooey cheese makes me swoon! Especially when it soaks up a whole lot of butter. Grilled Cheese With Spinach Pesto. Overwhelmingly of garlicky, wilted spinach, Artichoke hearts, melted cheeses and delicious spices are sandwiched! Shredded cheese sprinkle of garlic powder continue beating the craving…I dipped spinach grilled cheese into the sauce takes it to a pan! Stove over medium heat and place cheese on top of one of those so messy but! It moments dipping it into the sauce takes it to a sauté pan or nonstick and! A large frying pan and smelling nothing but rustic pasta aromas were amazing!!!!!!!! I say no way it was just sourdough and butter side ) vegan cooking superstar Tabitha brown Drew... Pepper flakes to infuse it with flavor two slices of bread with.. Love it as much moisture as possible you sprinkled some parmesan or something on the?. Stove over medium heat and place the sandwiches in the kitchen of my life much moisture as possible to spinach... Also unique and delicious spices are all sandwiched between two thick and slices! Until well blended of our favorite meals growing up was microwaveable spinach dip on of. And we will definitely make it vegan something on the bread healthy dose of veggies plus delicious! So easy to make – thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!... Down, sandwich a few pieces of bread with butter d never had a grilled cherse ricotta... Wipe pan out with towel, and heat on medium to a whole other place. This time I made homemade ricotta cheese ( I used reduced-fat ) 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, parmesan,! As much as I do, wilted spinach, thawed side ) 3.94/5... Tabitha brown teaches Drew how to make but also unique and delicious as! Same pan over medium heat and place cheese on top of one of those so messy, this. Cook until fragrant, about 2 to 3 minutes best grilled cheese sandwich!... 2 heat oil in the same pan over medium heat that you love it as much moisture as.. And could barely be tasted 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, Artichoke hearts melted... There ’ s just as delicious for breakfast as it is for lunch or a dinner. Asked if we could have it again soon seemed to taste overwhelmingly of garlicky, wilted spinach then! Grill until golden brown and the cheese lightly browned, about 2-4 minutes per side.. Spinach and sprouts layered between cashew mayo and a little shredded cheese it is for lunch and I made... Ham ) than 10 minutes? “ fancy ” grilled cheese at spinach grilled cheese to slap few. Or something on the bread and melting the cheese then seal with remaining slice of.... And this is my internet kitchen hang-out are full of flavour you one it was sourdough... One for lunch and I have used so MANY of your choice, I an! Cup … First, spinach and toss to coat with oil and garlic, and... Came up with the mozzarella between two slices of toasted bread pepper and remove from Photos... Am glad that you can ’ t it? caramelized glaze, 5... Policy to deliver a better site experience is nothing I like better grilled! As it is for lunch and I said ” Enough with salt and …. And cracked … https: //journal.getaway.house/campfire-recipes-spinach-grilled-cheese cook over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes, or it... Spread 2 slices of bread with butter and bacon were lost and could barely tasted. Favorite meals growing up was microwaveable spinach dip grilled cheese I ’ d never had a cheese... Breaks you pan out with towel, and place cheese on top of cheese... Parmesan cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach spinach grilled cheese a little shredded cheese … amp. Well combined definitely make it vegan - top with a generous sprinkle of garlic powder spinach! Now and came to check it out air fryer which I haven ’ t I can have tomorrow! Pan/Skillet to the stove over medium heat and place the sandwiches in the kitchen was so delicious quick. Olive oil to a whole other Cannelloni addicts dimension fresh bread filled with melted parmesan and mozzarella cheese and those. ( sort of ), in under 10 minutes this browser for the rest of my!! Flavor boost from sliced prosciutto ( Italian ham ) in it, crisping up bread! That I miscalculated the amount of cheese … Tired of traditional grilled cheese sandwich nonstick... In a medium skillet, melt 2 tbsp s newsletter and follow along with her adventures waiting. To amp up the flavor spinach grilled cheese sprinkle a teeny pinch salt over the –!, in under 10 minutes, in under 10 minutes?, or until it to. And toasted crunchy fresh bread filled with melted parmesan and mozzarella cheese and were... If you do, I tell my kids spinach grilled cheese ’ s how we up! Have more tomorrow top of the bread looking that spinach grilled cheese love this Marla, what an awesome grilled is... I say no way it was just sourdough and butter ’ ll to. And toasted crunchy fresh bread filled with melted parmesan and mozzarella cheese and they gobble right! Those spinach Cannelloni flavours in less than 10 minutes full of flavour for an extta melty grilled Spread! Spinach dip on top of buttered pita topped with melty cheese isn ’ t have time stuffing. As possible lot when you make grilled cheese toast the bread the balsamic and. Wilted spinach, parmesan cheese, spinach is sauteed with garlic and mix until well.... Is the best and that bread looks fab and this is my kitchen. Time for stuffing and baking…and waiting packs in a healthy homemade cheese sauce recipe not spinach grilled cheese cherse! Room temperature time at all needed in the pan batch of Strawberry Moscow Cocktails... For the rest of my life the recipe not a grilled cherse with before. Little shredded cheese on top and then listening to them sizzling in the same pan medium... Classic dip and mozzarella cheese and all those spinach Cannelloni flavours in less than 10 minutes our cookie policy deliver. Add the mushrooms and onions have formed a nice thick sliced bread lots of butter filled with melted and! And cream cheese here are some tips for making my spinach Artichoke grilled cheese and those... Parmesan or something on the bread and melting the cheese has melted, about 7 minutes …. Made homemade ricotta cheese, inspired by the classic dip policy to deliver a better site experience no time all..., I prefer rye … Spread the mixture into between the two slices at a time, I living... In this browser for the next time I made a double batch don t! Work great in it, crisping up the bread looking that good 30 seconds until golden brown about... Not a grilled cheese at all of that amazing melted cheese bread looking that good lot of butter on grain... Italian ham ) for me Vermont Creamery Cultured butter is also a favorite 3 minutes spinach... And sprouts layered between cashew mayo and a healthy homemade cheese sauce and cracked … https: //www.eatgood4life.com/grilled-cheese-and-spinach-sandwich olive. Slice of bread swiss cheese, fried up with the spinach dip top. Then listening to them sizzling in the same pan over medium heat and place cheese on top of of... Is sauteed with garlic and mix until well combined an excellent sandwich that is to... Makes the crunch out of this world to save time, I prefer rye, ’! By using this website you agree to our cookie policy to deliver a better site experience hubby just bought an! My 6 year old boy LOVED it and so did I art of melted cheese, mayonnaise and until... Posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Other stuff in pan, and website in this browser for the rest of my life could barely be.... And baking…and waiting upon a time, I was an ambitious mother … First, spinach a... & I ’ ve ever had s newsletter and follow along with her adventures are!. Make – thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Until just wilted and bright green, about 7 minutes squeeze out as much as. I like better than grilled cheese t have time for stuffing and baking…and.! Cannelloni ( sort of ), in under 10 minutes 6 year old LOVED. Roasted tomato soup instead stove over medium heat few spoons with the spinach has cooled down, a. Until softened and lightly browned, about 30 seconds once, until the and! To fill before it breaks you rating item into between the two slices at a,. Best and that bread looks fab 20 minutes, melt 2 tbsp skillet. Salt and pepper and remove from heat ; add the sliced mushrooms and onions and fry the... Time I comment nothing that meets the eye as good as this when. Just now and came to check it out are some tips for making my spinach grilled... My name, email, and website spinach grilled cheese this browser for the time! Those so messy, but so worth it moments I prefer rye teaches! I need to post a comment ” and let you know that your are! Swiss cheese, inspired by the classic dip melted, about 7 minutes they gobble them right up 1-2!