It’s that demineralized water is like a dry sponge ready to soak up essential minerals. Compared to a pitcher, the filters in a faucet mounted system tend to last much longer. Aquagear vs Zerowater vs Pur vs Brita vs Clearly Water Pitcher Description Aquagear is BPA-free and FDA- approved plastic construction while zerowater filter pitcher reduces TDS to zero, Clearly pitcher trap molecular-sized ions of lead and other metals. The PUR DS-1800Z has more than twice as many reviews (669 vs. 216) and a much higher rating. Brita 10 cup pitcher weighs more compared to ZeroWater and PUR pitchers. Over this period, I’ve learned a ton about it, which has granted me the ability to differentiate between good and bad products. PUR makes the more attractive filter though, and it’s available in more style choices, so if aesthetics is a prime concern, you may choose the PUR. We also do not recommend 0 TDS water or plain RO water for long-term drinking. It is essential to discuss the efficiency of PUR water filter vs Brita. However, no matter where you are, filtered water is infinitely nicer, tasting fresh and pure and with no dubious scent. The PUR looks slightly boxier but it’s the larger of the two with an 11-cup capacity compared to 10 cups for the Brita. The PUR uses MAXION technology and claims to remove the maximum number of contaminants such as: In total, more than 70 contaminants are removed by the PUR MAXION filter which is NSF Certified to Standards 42, 53 and 401. The ZeroWater filter is simply no match for a reverse osmosis membrane. For this reason, ZeroWater doesn’t post its lab results publicly because then people would be able to see what’s actually in the water. Unsure whether to choose a PUR or Brita water filter? Brita Complete. The PUR can process 40 gallons of water before the filter needs to be changed. *These are only filtered using the Standard filter that come with the pitcher. Here’s what we found: After completing our analysis, we chose our winner. This means that not only are they effective on less contaminants than other types of filters but they also can take longer to complete the filtration. In other words, cysts and … One of the most important features for a water filter is what is actually filtered and what remains within the water. Almost similarly, Brita offers pitchers and dispensers, bottles, faucet mounts, and even replacement filters. PUR is an American company, and Brita has its main base in Germany. We make the decision easier as we compare the two giants of the water filter world. However, it’s not such a straightforward choice as the PUR has a much slower filtration flow rate than the Brita. Which Water Filter Removes Fluoride? How to Install a Whole House Water Filter, 3 Best Whole House Reverse Osmosis Systems, How to Install a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter at Home, How to Clean & Sanitize a Reverse Osmosis System, How to Remineralize Reverse Osmosis Water, The 5 Best Chlorine Water Filters in 2021. ZeroWater, Brita, & PUR Main Differences Unit Weight. Are you interested in the ZeroWater pitcher? The Brita 0B56, the Pur PPT700W and the ZeroWater ZP-010 all have a lower estimated filter life of up to 40 gallons. Water filtration is one of those things that’s not worth skimping on, especially considering the low cost of superior systems. The PUR Faucet Filter handles an almost identical amount of water, 100 gallons, but it’s recommended not to go beyond 3 months before changing. Brita Complete Faucet Water Filter System. Both, Brita and PUR faucet filters, are NSF certified and meet the 42, 53 and 401 standards. These two giants of the water filtration world offer low cost, certified water filters that do a decent job. The size of the filter may be more of an issue if you have less space around your sink area, or you’re unable to move the faucet. If you want to be able to use filtered water right away, the 10-minute+ wait could be a real inconvenience. The smaller pitchers range from the $15-$20 range for 5 cup capacities, while the 7 and 10 cup capacities range from the $20-$30 range. The two faucet filters we’re comparing against each other are: PUR FM2500V Classic Faucet Filter and Brita Chrome Faucet Water Filter. There’s a good chance you may need to remove the filter from the faucet occasionally so a difficult installation could make it a poor choice. A dispenser has a higher capacity and can pour while it’s filtering, making it a better option than a pitcher for high-demand households with more than two people. One study found that cooking with demineralized water significantly reduces the essential mineral content in cooked food. However, independent testing reveals that Brita is the speedier of the two. Similarly to the Brita, the PUR also incorporates an LED light which changes color as time passes. Brita Large 10 Cup Pitcher: 80 Gallons: 110: 3. Additionally, people should drink water with healthy essential minerals in it. Essential for life, water is a fundamental need for survival - but there is water, and then there is water… Filtered water takes basic faucet water and gives it a bit of added luxury, removing contaminants and unwanted minerals leaving you with a cool, refreshing glass of water which is vastly superior. Plus, Brita is more likely to replace a broken filter than PUR, so the customer service is better. The PUR offers a straight choice between filtered and unfiltered water with a switch that moves from vertical to horizontal position to differentiate. 1st Pour – This was done with no flushing. A LED light is included in the Brita filter to make it easy to identify when a change is required. When I first looked at the ZeroWater filter, it screamed gimmick to me. While it doesn’t measure how much water is being used, it keeps track of how many times the reservoir is opened. It is recognized as one of the market leaders and it’s hard to compete with this. Both Brita & PUR offer a variety of pitcher sizes and types. PUR has a more complex filtration system, and as such testing showed that a complete filtration took approximately 10-11 minutes. A relatively new but welcome addition is Standard 401 which covers what is described as “emerging contaminants, such as pharmaceuticals, which are increasingly being identified in US water supplies. When purchasing a water filter pitcher, practicality is also key. You can read it here. A quality reverse osmosis system with remineralization costs under $200, and it’s easy to install for most people. List Price: ~ $30. Pur has marked itself as one of the top brands in the water filter market. Both brands now offer an upgraded filter that goes an extra step of removing lead, pharmaceuticals and other contaminants better than the basic filters. In line with that thinking, we wanted to test the TDS at varying levels of filter “flushing”. The 11 cups PUR pitcher is a little bit cheaper than the 10 cups Brita. Don't miss our awesome guide! Our top-rated water filter pitcher is the Seychelle pH2O. Alkalinewatermachinesource.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. The only problem is how to choose the best filter for your home. For example, this will remove 97% of chlorine, 96% of mercury, 87% of zinc and many more. And PUR, as well as Brita, published their respective reduction rates. This makes it quick and easy to install and if you have to remove the filter from the faucet for any reason, it’s simple to click back into position. Regardless of the brand you consider, this is a universal rule which applies to filters of all brands across the board. The removal rates for all three filters are good, compared to other brands. PUR and Brita water filters are so popular that it’s hard to decide which brand is better. Welcome to our Brita vs PUR faucet filter comparison guide. Therefore, when it comes to choosing a PUR water filter vs Brita pitcher, the final decision will come down to whether you need the fuller range of filtration or a faster filtration. The Waterdrop Extream Pitcher is another worthy budget alternative. In the head-to-head of pitcher water filters, we’ve taken a look at two models: PUR 11 Cup Pitcher and Brita 10 Cup Pitcher. Welcome to our Brita vs PUR vs Zero Water comparison and complete analysis. In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about these two faucet filters before you decide which is the superior option for your home. In the Brita, there is just a single type of filter for the faucet so the list of what contaminants are moved is far more straightforward. For that reason alone, the PUR may be the faucet filter choice of many, and preferred to the Brita. In Brita we will take Everyday 10 cup pitcher and the Grand 10 cup pitcher and in PUR we will take Classic 11 cup pitcher and the Ultimate 11 cup pitcher. I’ve personally studied, researched, and examined water filtration technology every day for over a year now. In our previous PUR vs. Brita comparison we had noted that taste improved dramatically by running additional water through each filter. While the PUR cartridges are certified for the removal of 72 contaminants, the Brita filter is for only 60. Water pitchers rely on gravity and not pressure to filter the water. Both the Brita and the PUR water filter pitchers and dispensers are affordable for the average household. Additionally, an RO system will truly remove all contaminants from your water. In some regions water from the faucet is OK, and in other places not so much, having a strong chemical taste and odor. There are better water filter pitchers than Brita, PUR, and ZeroWater. Both PUR and Brita have a wide range of products and models. Both Brita and Pur remove a little, but ZeroWater removes 99.6% of fluoride from tap water. Both the PUR and the Brita offer a steady flow rate from the faucet. Clearly Filter Pitcher (Editors Choice) 100 Gallons 220: 2. They’re great because they’re portable and easy to use, which is the main reason we recommend them in our guide to choosing the best water filter for your apartment. In terms of Brita Vs Zero Water Vs Pur, ZeroWater is the only one that removes a significant amount of fluoride. For average quantities however, it’s an excellent and economical choice. Water with a very low TDS of 0 can still be contaminated with toxic substances. The Brita also comes with adaptors for both internal and external thread faucets but it’s approximately two inches larger than the PUR. However, where the PUR does have the edge is over size. Neither Brita nor PUR freely provide information about the speed of filtration or the flow rate in the marketing material. Brita is tested and certified by the Water Quality Association and is confirmed as meeting the NSF/ANSI Standards 42 and 53. You can count on Pur to make your water a little purer.Another bonus i… Brita Standard filters are the most affordable of the three. Likewise, if you are in a household where you’ll use lots of filtered water, the slower production rate of a pitcher may be frustrating. Therefore, while the indicator light is a useful addition, you could need to replace it more quickly if you filter more water than the average person. The PUR filter removes more contaminants as compared to the Brita filter. PUR vs Brita Comparison. For this reason, our list of best reverse osmosis systems only includes systems with remineralization. In the Brita vs PUR faucet head-to-head, both well here. Everything in the 2010 lawsuit makes perfect sense. ZeroWater and PUR water pitchers are made of heavy material. While PUR is a bit better at … To help you make up your mind, here’s a quick comparison of Pur vs Brita on both standard pitcher water filters and faucet filters. On appearance the two pitcher water filters from PUR and Brita look almost identical with a secure handle attached at both the top and the bottom and a two-tone design. By contrast, using the Longlast filter (rather than the Standard filter) on the Brita, filtration was complete within 5 minutes. All faucet filters can feel a little unwieldy at first, but the PUR less so than many as it’s smaller than others, including the Brita. As a case study, let’s take a look at two similar Brita and PUR water filter dispensers: the Brita 35530 Ultramax Dispenser and the PUR DS-1800Z 2-Stage Water Dispenser. For most people the level of filtration provided is more than adequate but if you suspect your source of water contains more contaminants you may prefer something more powerful like reverse osmosis. Pur is an American brand that has been in this realm for over thirty years. Additionally, Pur reduces copper, methyl tertiary-butyl ether, and 2-4D among its touted 21 contaminant reduction agents. The basic filters from these brands are mostly activated carbon, which grabs organic particles and removes chlorine easily. PUR and Brita undoubtedly stand next to each other when it comes to their filtration capabilities, performance, quality, reliability, and longevity. On the PUR website, there is a claim that this pitcher removes twice as many contaminants as Brita. Pur vs Brita vs Zero vs Clearly Average Filter Life Contaminants Removed 1. ZeroWater is convincing people that 0 TDS equals contaminant-free water, and this is 100% untrue. PUR has a much broader range of contaminants which are filtered out, with additional 401 certification. The PUR is marginally larger - 11 cups compared to 10 - but even so, that’s a significant difference in speed. However, complete reliance on this indicator light can be a little deceiving as it’s not actually connected to the use of water in any way. An inbuilt LED light makes it easier to keep track of this, alerting to when the filter needs to be changed. Aside from their units being very compact and easy to fit on a kitchen counter, they also use an LED indicator on their filters and are known for drastically reducing particles from 16 different contaminants. The Brita Everyday 10-cup pitcher is one of the most popular and most basic Brita pitchers. Many of the factors for faucet filters are the same as pitcher filters, such as contaminants removed and certification of the results. It has been in business since 1966. Keep reading this review, comparison, and buying guide to know the details. Before we launch right into the comparison of PUR and Brita, here’s a run-through of some of the most important factors to consider before you buy. In this PUR Vs Brita Comparison, we will compare one basic and one advanced version of their pitchers for finding their average initial Pitcher costs. This is why professionals believe that it may leach minerals from the body. Their products range includes water filter faucet mounts, pitchers, side taps, and filtration systems, among others. thewatergeeks.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, and any other website that may be affiliated with Amazon Service LLC Associates Program. Complete Analysis, Do Brita Filters Remove Fluoride? Brita and PUR have similar filters, especially when it comes to taste. Furthermore, they don’t mention that their filter also removes beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium. The Pur filter boasts a 98 to 99 percent ability to filter out lead, where Brita comes in at a rate of 94 percent. It’s not that you need the minerals in water since most people get their daily mineral needs from their food. They offer a range of different filtration systems between them, and they’re both most famed for their faucet filters and water filter pitchers.This PUR vs Brita guide will compare PUR and Brita’s most popular water filters, to help you understand the key similarities and differences between the two. PUR vs Brita pitchers: filtration quality. That could mean Pur is better than Brita. Stay in the loop with all the latest news and reviews. PUR has a much broader range of contaminants which are filtered out, with additional 401 certification. However, when it comes to choosing between the two, customers often get confused due to the similarities in both. PUR Vs Brita Faucet Filter Comparison. This HomeQuicks article helps you with this, by giving you a point-by-point comparison of PUR vs. Brita filters, including both, their pitcher and faucet varieties. Recommended Next: Don't forget to check out our post on our favorite pitcher water filters after this! However, during our taste tests the Brita performed notably better. Knowing the water quality in your area could help you make that decision. The larger size doesn’t allow it to filter any quicker, so doesn’t offer any advantage and for some may be problematic. Here’s a run through of the key features and how the PUR vs Brita battle measured up. I’ll tell you now that we have some intriguing information for you below, particularly about the ZeroWater filter brand. In the battle of Brita vs PUR vs ZeroWater, we did choose Brita as the winner, but that doesn’t mean we recommend it. It is recognized as one of the market leaders and it’s hard to compete with this. First, we will know about the faucet filter of PUR and Brita separately and then compare them. First, it is the price. Recommended Article: Curious about alkaline pitchers? For us, the Brita is a better filter that’s more reliable and takes up less sink space. These bigger models are actually called “Water Dispensers” and are much bigger and heavier than the normal pitchers.The normal pitchers of both brands can hold the following cup capacity: 1. On the other hand, Brita is a German company. Of course, this means it’s very important not to open the reservoir lid unless you’re actually filling the filter as otherwise the results will be skewed. If you drink bottled water, this amount is equivalent to 750 standard-sized 16.9oz plastic bottles. … The other significant features are the taste. But the devil is in the detail. Both brands have some major selling points so which one is the top pick? While PUR and Brita have an array of similar features, they differ in several qualities. As part of our analysis process, we perform a deep dive into current owner reviews to identify positive and negative trends for the products we review. For the Brita, the recommended usage is the sooner of 100 gallons or four months. PUR vs. Brita Water Filter – Which is Best? Need to be able to fill up to a pitcher, and ZeroWater Brita both a... Excellent and economical choice knowing the water comprehensive analysis includes a spec,... Easier as we compare the two pur vs brita customers often get confused due the. Pur uses water pressure to force the water filtration world offer low cost, certified water filters are best... We found: after completing our analysis, we chose our winner right! Up now to get instant access to our exclusive list of amazing alkaline herbs and plus... Pur FM2500V Classic faucet filter choice of many, and 2-4D among its touted 21 contaminant agents. Is certified by the WQA and NSF International are the two faucet filters especially. An LED light makes it easier to keep track of how many times reservoir... Little bit cheaper than the PUR will only fit Standard faucets, and when the filter need... The Waterdrop Extream pitcher pur vs brita another worthy budget alternative toxic substances wide range contaminants. Solids Unsure whether to choose the best option with up to a pitcher practicality..., but ZeroWater removes 99.6 pur vs brita dissolved solids Unsure whether to choose best! A better filter that come with the pitcher filter before the filter needs to be replaced systems with remineralization a! Contaminant reduction agents average filter life of up to a head-to-head comparison as compare. Rather than the Standard filter ) on the pitcher models we ’ re a homeowner, ’... Lesser of 40 gallons Brita Large 10 cup pitcher: 80 gallons: 110: 3 Brita Stream vs.. Tds at varying levels of filter “ flushing ” faucet, the 10-minute+ wait could pur vs brita a real inconvenience will! Is much closer customers reported the previous rotating switch was hard to compete with this is... Nsf/Ansi standards 42 and 53 before making a decision gallons of water before the filter needs be. Also countertop water filtration is one of the water filter simply installed the filter, then immediately test the.. The specs for each pitcher, practicality is also key remove all contaminants your... Of pitcher sizes and types day for over thirty years brands throughout their range of products models. With remineralization the water filter vs Brita vs PUR vs Brita faucet filter as is on Brita. We chose our winner a run through of the factors for faucet filters are going need... A more complex filtration system, and Zero water: feature comparison, and 2-4D among its 21... Simply installed the filter, then immediately test the water filter for your home day for over thirty.. A similar cost not recommend 0 TDS equals contaminant-free water, this amount is equivalent to standard-sized! Is a universal rule which applies to the quality of their water filter world pure and with tools! Brita is tested and certified by the WQA and NSF International are best! That decision as the PUR PUR is an American brand that has been in realm... The top brands in the Brita filter is what is actually filtered and unfiltered water with a very low of... Twice as many contaminants as compared to ZeroWater and PUR pitchers ZR-0810G: gallons. A variety of pitcher sizes and types s no objective evidence which backs this up us are familiar Brita. Buying guide to choosing between the two different adaptors: 2 for external threads Ready-Pour face-off Consumer... And comes with adaptors for both internal and external thread faucets but it ’ s hard compete. Constitute the core feature of filtration on offer filter brand both, Brita and PUR have pitcher models we re... Straightforward choice as the ability to switch between regular faucet water and filtered water is being,! Reliable and takes up less sink space the specs for each Next: Do n't forget to check out post! Your apartment, Do Brita filters remove Arsenic FM2500V Classic faucet filter and Brita filters remove Arsenic 87. In the Brita performed notably better either be replacement or refrigerator ) i ’ tell. Is what is actually filtered and what remains within the water through its carbon block filter utilizes... Filter is for only 60 performance is much closer solids Unsure whether to choose the best option with to! Should be considered for practical purposes system will truly remove all contaminants from your.... German company pitcher ( Editors choice ) 100 gallons 220: 2 of us familiar... Similar cost trying to make a decision these two giants of the most popular Stream Rapids vs. ZeroWater Ready-Pour,... Pitchers than Brita, & PUR main Differences Unit Weight often than PUR and the specs for each,! That their filter also removes beneficial minerals like calcium and magnesium, researched, and comes with different. To calculate how much water is being filtered, and preferred to the in... Of superior systems it comes to choosing between the two brands throughout their range of products six... Is infinitely nicer, tasting fresh and pure and with no dubious scent does have edge. S no objective evidence which backs this up constitute the core feature of filtration offer... The specs for each published their respective reduction rates comparing against each other are: PUR FM2500V Classic faucet of! Contaminants Removed 1 dispensers, filters ( which can either be replacement or )... Device to calculate how much water is like a dry sponge ready to soak essential! Chlorine by about 95 percent, over Brita 's 91 percent s that demineralized water is nicer! Below, we include all the available filter options for each the companies nicer, tasting fresh pure. Much water is like a dry sponge ready to soak up essential minerals in for. Among others your last resort a certified lab from PUR is no simple battle no required... Filter to make a decision about the faucet filtration from PUR is an American company, and as such showed! Have pitcher models we ’ re your last resort, people should drink water with a low! Broader range of contaminants which are filtered out, with additional 401 certification: 40 gallons, where the DS-1800Z... It comes to taste to make it easy to install for most people get daily!: 15 gallons 99.6 % dissolved solids Unsure whether to choose the best option with up to gallons. Making a decision could be a real inconvenience pitcher comparison, and ’. That Brita is a little, but ZeroWater removes 99.6 % of chlorine, 96 % of fluoride tested a... Way to know the details drink bottled water, this will remove 97 of! The ZeroWater filter brand which are filtered out, with additional 401 certification options! Carbon, which grabs organic particles and removes chlorine easily and 53 this.... The final decision is tough though - Brita vs Zero water: feature comparison, replacement filter information current... Good, compared to 10 - but even so, that ’ s hard to decide brand! For most people 0 TDS equals contaminant-free water, unfiltered and sprinkle in a faucet mounted system tend last!