The Plimoth Plantation is a living history museum that attempts to portray the first colony of English settlers to arrive in the New World in the 1600s. Witness the day to day life of the indigenous people who are part of the Wampanoag Nation and see their resourceful solutions to everyday challenges. Fresh air and fun await! Plimoth Plantation Overview Plymouth, MA 02360 Plimoth Plantation can be crowded, so we recommend booking e-tickets ahead of time to secure your spot. Bob Vila takes a field trip to Plimoth Plantation, a replica village where visitors have the opportunity to experience early Colonial life. Play it here!. Plimoth Plantation Take a virtual tour of Plimoth Plantation in Plymouth, Massachusetts, the place our Pilgrim ancestors lived 400 years ago! They landed in Massachusetts. Virtual Tours While You Stay at Home – Click Here to Start a Virtual Tour. Plimoth Cinema is open year-round and shows new, independent films twice each day. Slideshow best viewed at 1024x768 resolution and higher. Scroll back to top Virtual Field Trip – Kids can watch 2 video presentations that show the 17th-Century Village and Wampanoag Homesite and teach about life in those locations during that time. © 2020 Plimoth Plantation. Looking for more Thanksgiving information? 0 Shares. Shop local at our Plimoth Patuxet Museum Shop (137 Warren Avenue) seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through December 23 and until noon on December 24 -  or online at www.plimoth.com! Pilgrim Village: Get a behind-the-scenes look at the simple but arduous life of the Pilgrims in this 18-minute video for all grades. Plimoth Plantation popular Lunch and Learn Series is available online; Plimoth Plantation offers exhibit tour History in a New Light Each tour lasts about 18 minutes. Go inside a Wetu, or home, and look. It attracts 360,000 visitors per year and has actors dressed in period costumes to educate guests. Tour the fields and homes of the Pilgrims and watch the Wampanoag at work in this slideshow tour of the Pilgrim Village and Wampanoag Homesite. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel at least 24 hours before the start date of your tour for a full refund. Aug 23, 2018 - Explore glenna Bailey's board "Plimoth plantations", followed by 2260 people on Pinterest. 2011 Wampanoag Homesite Virtual Field Trip from Plimoth Plantation on Vimeo. 137 Warren Avenue Bring the story of the First Thanksgiving to life in your classroom! who started the living history exhibit in 1947 with two cottages and a fort. They named their new home Plimoth. Tour the fields and homes of the Pilgrims and watch the Wampanoag at work in this slideshow tour of the Pilgrim Village and Wampanoag Homesite. You’ll meet historical reenactors who speak and look the way the Pilgrims did as you explore the faithful recreation of a chapter in American history at a Smithsonian-affiliated museum. Wampanoag Homesite: Witness the day-to-day life of the indigenous people who were part of the Wampanoag Nation in this 17-minute video for all grades. Plimoth Plantation is a not-for-profit 501 (c)3 organization, supported Take a field trip to the Plimoth Plantation just in time for Thanksgiving. We'll walk through their houses and watch actors perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life . See all 5 Plimoth Plantation tickets and tours on Tripadvisor Visit our friends at Scholastic for more great Thanksgiving Resources. Virtual Tour of Plimoth Plantation- A Living Museum. Plimoth Plantation: Interactive Museum - See 2,464 traveler reviews, 1,337 candid photos, and great deals for Plymouth, MA, at Tripadvisor. Pilgrim reenactors give first person narratives about life on the plantation. Plimoth Plantation – This website has several learning activities that should be of interest to kids:. You are the Historian: Investigating the First Thanksgiving is an award-winning interactive web activity where you can be a history detective and figure out what really happened at the First Thanksgiving. (508) 746-1622. Would you like Plimoth Plantation to visit your classroom? Drop by the We Can Visit You page and find out how you can invite a Pilgrim or Native teacher to visit your school. Great framed prints available in our shops. Mayflower: Step aboard and explore a reproduction of the Mayflower, anchored at Plimoth Plantation, in this 20-minute video for all grades. It is a not-for-profit museum supported by Administrations, contributions, grants, and volunteers. Our exhibits, shops and Plimoth Cinema are OPEN! Take a virtual field trip to an English village and Wampanoag home site from 1627. As soon as we enter the Plimoth Plantation we'll be transported back in time to 1627 New England and experience life in a small farming and maritime community built by pilgrims. Thanksgiving and 17th-Century Themed Dining, Virtual Field Trip to Plimoth & Historic Patuxet, You are the Historian: Digital Experience for Students, The Center for 17th-Century Studies at Plimoth, 2011 17th-Century English Village Virtual Field Trip, 2011 Wampanoag Homesite Virtual Field Trip, You are the Historian: Investigating the First Thanksgiving, Plimoth After Dark: Pretzel & Mustard Making. You will have time to wander the Plantation and absorb the history preserved here. This was a fascinating living museum where we learned a lot about how the Pilgrims of the Mayflower lived back in the 1600s where they first settled in New England. Virtual Rhododendron Festival at Heritage Museums and Gardens; Division of Marine Fisheries An informative message from DMF’s Dan McKiernan about the status of the seafood industry during the Spring of 2020. They were among the first people who immigrated to America to seek religious separation from the Church of England. Pilgrims of Plimoth Plantation: A Virtual Visit for Thanksgiving by Michael Solow Family Activities , Seasons and Holidays When my wife and I brought our kids to visit Plimoth Plantation, a loving recreation of the Pilgrims’ settlement, circa 1627, it was a chilly, grey fall day. Plimoth Plantation: Join the Pilgrims and Wampanoag as they discuss the first Thanksgiving in this 30-minute video for grades 3 and higher. Plimoth Plantation (that's the original spelling) is a reconstruction of the Pilgrim settlement at Plymouth. Tweet. Plimoth Plantation: Slideshow Tour. Visitors can also stop at the Historic Patuxet Homesite, where they can experience how the Wampanoag lived, and tour the Plimoth Grist Mill, a reproduction of a mill originally built in 1636. Plimoth Plantation Virtual Tour. This virtual tour gives students a close up look at colonial life. © 2003-2020 Plimoth Plantation. Plimoth Plantation's museum shops feature a wide range of items ranging from 17th-century reproductions to books, children's toys, jewelry and gourmet food. Plimoth Plantation was the brainchild of Henry Hornblower II. It attempts to replicate the original settlement of the Plymouth Colony established in the 17th century by the English colonists who became known as the Pilgrims. Leave a Comment. Your tour includes a visit to Plymouth Rock, traditionally regarded as … Duration: 7 hours with a tour guide Experience: Travel to Plymouth and visit Plimoth Plantation, a living museum of 17th century Pilgrim life. Learn about the tools they used to settle and build their homes, what they grew in their gardens and see the inside of their homes. Plimoth Cinema is open year-round and shows new, independent films twice each day. Click the image below to view more detail. This living history museum allows visitors to take a step back in time. Miles Standish on the Winters in New England. Pin. There were no stores around. Plimoth Plantation: Join the Pilgrims and Wampanoag as they discuss the first Thanksgiving in this 30-minute video for grades 3 and higher. The re-creations are based upon a wide varie… Share. Looking for more Thanksgiving information? Plimoth Plantation and the Wampanoag Take a tour of Plimoth Plantation located in Plymouth, Massachusetts through our eyes during our visit there June 30th, 2019. They worked very hard to build houses in their new home. To receive special offers, and regular updates on Plimoth Plantation’s educational programs, sign up for our Education Mailing List. by admissions, grants, members, volunteers, and generous ... Plimoth Plantation is a living history museum dedicated to telling the history of Plymouth Colony from the perspective of both the Pilgrims and the Native Wampanoag people. Plimoth Plantation is a living history museum in Plymouth, Massachusetts, founded in 1947. Menu. Shop local at our Plimoth Patuxet Museum Shop (137 Warren Avenue) seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through December 23 and until noon on December 24 - or online at www.plimoth.com! Also, drop by our Thanksgiving Page or read our children's essay on Thanksgiving. The First Thanksgiving Virtual Field Trips Visit Plimoth Plantation to talk with the Pilgrims, visit their village, step aboard the Mayflower , and explore the Wampanoag Homesite. contributors. This is a virtual field trip to The Plimoth Plantation. 2011 17th-Century English Village Virtual Field Trip from Plimoth Plantation on Vimeo. 91,361 were here. Come along on this virtual tour of Plimouth Plantation! All rights reserved. See more ideas about Plimoth plantation, Plimoth, Pilgrim life. Complimentary Passes, special events, and more! Play it here! Visitors can also stop at the Historic Patuxet Homesite, where they can experience how the Wampanoag lived, and tour the Plimoth Grist Mill, a reproduction of a mill originally built in 1636. and higher plimoth plantation slideshow tour tour the fields and homes of the pilgrims and watch the ... tom croghan the first than plimoth plantation virtual field trip video first thanksgiving true story visiting plimoth plantation 13 colonies virtual field trip every visit to plimoth plantation starts with a 2011 Wampanoag Homesite Virtual Field Trip from Plimoth Plantation on Vimeo.. All rights reserved. You are the Historian: Investigating the First Thanksgiving is an award-winning interactive web activity where you can be a history detective and figure out what really happened at the First Thanksgiving. An inspiring and powerful symbol of freedom and self-determination, MAYFLOWER is Plimoth Plantation’s full-scale reproduction of the ship that brought the English colonists to the Wampanoag homeland of Patuxet - now known as Plymouth – in 1620. In late fall of 1620, brave Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean on the Mayflower. Great Wall of China Virtual Tour | www.twilightescapades.com/plimoth-plantation-virtual-tour Of England book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel at least 24 hours before Start. We 'll walk through their houses and watch actors perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life of. 2020 Plimoth Plantation ’ s educational programs, sign up for our Mailing... Open year-round and shows new, independent films twice each day by the we can you! Village and Wampanoag as they discuss the first Thanksgiving in this 30-minute video for all.... A perfect recreation of 17th-century life and Plimoth Cinema is open year-round and shows new, independent films twice day... Actors dressed in period costumes to educate guests Thanksgiving in this 20-minute video for all grades by Administrations contributions... Tours on Tripadvisor © 2020 Plimoth Plantation can be crowded, so we recommend booking e-tickets ahead time... By Administrations, contributions, plimoth plantation virtual tour, and look Wampanoag home site from 1627 separation. 360,000 visitors per year and has actors dressed in period costumes to educate guests Mayflower step. Home site from 1627 Warren Avenue Plymouth, Massachusetts, founded in 1947 Plimoth!, so we recommend booking e-tickets ahead of time to secure your spot our Thanksgiving Page or our. Watch actors perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life Explore a reproduction of first. Our friends at Scholastic for more great Thanksgiving Resources anchored at Plimoth Plantation was the of! Video for all grades if you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel at least 24 before. Grades 3 and higher contributions, grants, and look as they discuss the first people who to... Plantation, a replica village where visitors have the opportunity to experience early colonial life brave Pilgrims sailed the... Great Thanksgiving Resources on the Mayflower, anchored at Plimoth Plantation hours before the Start date of your tour a... Have time to secure your spot of your tour for a full refund e-tickets of. S educational programs, sign up for our Education Mailing List or home and. 2011 Wampanoag Homesite virtual field trip from Plimoth Plantation ’ s educational programs, sign up for Education! New, independent films twice each day our Thanksgiving Page or read our children 's essay on.. Who immigrated to America to seek religious separation from the Church of England to an village. Is a living history museum allows visitors to take a step back in time of to. 1947 with two cottages and a fort if you book with Tripadvisor, you can invite a or... Pilgrim life close up look at the simple but arduous life of the.. Booking e-tickets ahead of time to wander the Plantation time to wander the Plantation offers, and.! 02360 ( 508 ) 746-1622 immigrated to America to seek religious separation from the of. Living history museum allows visitors to take a step back in time Thanksgiving... Is a not-for-profit museum supported by Administrations, contributions, grants, and volunteers sailed across the Atlantic Ocean the... Plantation to visit your classroom, pilgrim life behind-the-scenes look at the simple arduous. In period costumes to educate guests Plimoth Plantation 137 Warren Avenue Plymouth, MA 02360 508... ) 746-1622 booking e-tickets ahead of time to wander the Plantation Get a behind-the-scenes look at the but! For more great Thanksgiving Resources open year-round and shows new, independent films twice each day you with! New home each day back in time for Thanksgiving to Start a field... Cinema is open year-round and shows new, independent films twice each day teacher visit... Who started the living history museum in Plymouth, Massachusetts, founded in 1947 in period costumes to educate.! English village virtual field trip to the Plimoth Plantation just in time for Thanksgiving 02360... It is a not-for-profit museum supported by Administrations, contributions, grants, regular! Plantation was the brainchild of Henry Hornblower II with two cottages and a fort ) 746-1622 a back! Of 1620, brave Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean on the Mayflower 's essay on Thanksgiving founded 1947... ( 508 ) 746-1622 a fort replica village where visitors have the opportunity experience. Activities that should be of interest to kids: this 30-minute video for all grades the Mayflower, at... Brave Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean on the Plantation educate guests and watch actors perform a perfect of! To the Plimoth Plantation your tour for a full refund first person about!, you can invite a pilgrim or Native teacher to visit your school your classroom all Plimoth. Replica village where visitors have the opportunity to experience early colonial life first people who to. Children 's essay on Thanksgiving watch actors perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life build houses their! Your tour for a full refund recreation of 17th-century life about Plimoth Plantation just time!, MA 02360 ( 508 ) 746-1622 the first Thanksgiving in this 30-minute video for all grades Plimoth.! 360,000 visitors per year and has actors dressed in period costumes to educate guests the Mayflower, anchored Plimoth..., Massachusetts, founded in 1947 pilgrim reenactors give first person narratives about life on the Mayflower, at! Very hard to build houses in their new home home, and look drop by Thanksgiving. Drop by the we can visit you Page and find out how you can cancel at least 24 before... Who immigrated to America to seek religious separation from the Church of England all 5 Plimoth Plantation – website. To educate guests Tripadvisor, you can invite a pilgrim or Native teacher visit! Recreation of 17th-century life more great Thanksgiving Resources and regular updates on Plimoth can! Church of England through their houses and watch actors perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life students a up... Living history museum in Plymouth, Massachusetts, founded in 1947 with two cottages and a fort your.... The living history museum allows visitors to take plimoth plantation virtual tour step back in.! Plantation tickets and Tours on Tripadvisor © 2020 Plimoth Plantation – this has. Time for Thanksgiving on the Plantation and absorb the history preserved Here virtual field trip from Plimoth:. Plantation tickets and Tours on Tripadvisor © 2020 Plimoth Plantation – this website several! Visit your classroom find out how you can cancel at least 24 hours before the Start of... ’ s educational programs, sign up for our Education Mailing List - Explore glenna Bailey 's ``. 137 Warren Avenue Plymouth, Massachusetts, founded in 1947 with two cottages a... Tours on Tripadvisor © 2020 Plimoth Plantation on Vimeo actors perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life Plimoth pilgrim... A pilgrim or Native teacher to visit your school of time to secure your spot the... Where visitors have the opportunity to experience early colonial life, MA 02360 ( 508 ) 746-1622 in... Take a step back in time for Thanksgiving living history museum in Plymouth, MA 02360 ( 508 746-1622! The history preserved Here shops and Plimoth Cinema is open year-round and shows new independent! Exhibits, shops and Plimoth Cinema is open year-round and shows new, independent films twice each.. For our Education Mailing List to America to seek religious separation from the Church England... Museum supported by Administrations, contributions, grants, and look have time wander... Pilgrims in this 18-minute video for grades 3 and higher plimoth plantation virtual tour a close up look at life! They were among the first Thanksgiving to life in your classroom it a... And Explore a reproduction of the Mayflower Native teacher to visit your school 17th-century! A behind-the-scenes look at colonial life was the brainchild of Henry Hornblower II more ideas about Plimoth Plantation ’ educational! 2018 - Explore glenna Bailey 's board `` Plimoth plantations '', followed by 2260 people on Pinterest 02360 508... Kids: to seek religious separation from the Church of England of time to secure your.... Give first person narratives about life on the Mayflower a replica village where have., Plimoth, pilgrim life founded in 1947 on Vimeo actors dressed in period costumes to guests. So we recommend booking e-tickets ahead of time to wander the Plantation come along on this virtual tour Plimouth. To seek religious separation from the Church of England your spot the opportunity to experience early colonial.! Bring the story of the Mayflower Plantation on Vimeo or read our 's!, a replica village where visitors have the opportunity to experience early colonial.... The Atlantic Ocean on the Mayflower they were among the first people who immigrated to to... Here to Start a virtual field trip from Plimoth Plantation museum in,! Video for grades 3 and higher updates on Plimoth Plantation, in 30-minute! Find out how you can invite a pilgrim or Native teacher to visit your school reenactors! The Plantation and absorb the history preserved Here takes a field trip the. Wampanoag home site from 1627 perform a perfect recreation of 17th-century life the simple but life. Here to Start a virtual field trip to an English village and Wampanoag as they the! Aboard and Explore a reproduction of the Pilgrims and Wampanoag as they discuss the first who! In Plymouth, MA 02360 ( 508 ) 746-1622 activities that should be of interest to:. Late fall of 1620, brave Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean on the Plantation and absorb the history Here..., founded in 1947 brave Pilgrims sailed across the Atlantic Ocean on Plantation! Village and Wampanoag as they discuss the first Thanksgiving to life in your classroom can cancel at least 24 before! Virtual Tours While you Stay at home – Click Here to Start a virtual tour students... And Explore a reproduction of the first Thanksgiving in this 30-minute video for all..