Together, they create a drink that is breakfast-friendly, decadent and oh-so satisfying. When I talked with my siblings about it, i realised that most had similar stories about various brands of dark rum. Their O.F.T.D. Aromas of burnt sugar and Carribean spices. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. . While a traditional Daiquiri is usually made with white or Demerara rum, dark rum takes the stage in this frozen variation. Created by Ashela Richardson, Flor de Caña Rum brand ambassador, it’s inspired by the maraschino-tinged. Hot on the palate with rich molasses flavors followed by notes of orange peel and ginger. The tropical notes of the various rums add a complex brown sugar note and the kahlua and coconut liqueurs function as flavor boosts for the stout. If you want to skip the rum, there is a nonalcoholic planter's punch that is quite tasty as well. Even with a dash of water, this one is for the bitter in all of us. All are designed to wow your guests with mixocological magic. Featured. Classic cocktails are the drinks that have stood the test of time. Plantation Stiggin’s Fancy Dark Pineapple Rum is made using the rinds of Queen Victoria pineapples infused with Plantation 3 Stars white rum for one week and then distilled in pot stills. Garnish with a skewer of Cheerios for the ultimate nostalgic treat. Plantation Original Dark. The result is a profound structure spiced with notes of cinnamon and clove, whose smoky quality adds texture. The price is also relatively good at only $30. The same can't be said for this. Plantation Dark Rum, suggestions? Ever since, sipping on dark rum cocktail brings back memories of that trip. Plantation Original Dark Rum is a blended, double-aged rum in the Plantation “Bar Classics” line.Plantation’s Original Dark is comprised of rums from Trinidad and Jamaica. The tiny change makes a world of a difference in flavor, adding intense aromatics and herbaceous notes, and lets us recommend a host of other dark rums to use. Everyone knows that if you’ve received coal for Christmas – you’ve been a bad boy or girl.  We’ve ingrained it into popular culture to the point that we suggest it for people on Twitter with hashtags like #coalforChristmas.  Perhaps the only person that would be truly grateful for it is frosty – who can finally see.   Yet as I dug into an explanation of how coal got it’s reputation, it became apparent perhaps it wasn’t always a bad thing. The result is sweet and refreshing without being saccharine, and exactly what you’d want to drink poolside. It's frosty, strong and not too sweet, and we can imagine Ernest Hemingway enjoying a few too many of them. I didn’t know much about rum varieties at that time. Maybe to strong for a summer, but good for the cold and rainy nights. This would be recommended bottle for our bar … An ideal companion for cocktails. Just look at all the bright and shiny medals draped around the necks of those Plantation … Garnish with a skewer of Cheerios for the ultimate nostalgic treat. This classic NOLA cocktail was invented at Pat O’Briens when they found themselves with a surplus of dark rum, which is why you'll find a whopping four ounces of the stuff inside the otherwise innocent-looking fruity drink. Another classic dark rum cocktail trademarked by a brand, the Painkiller is an easy tropical cocktail that can definitely only be made with Pusser’s dark rum (wink wink). The rich and intense style of Jamaica and Barbados, with their notes of plum, banana and vanilla, is enhanced by meticulous blending and further maturation, in France. “This is a rum made like rum used to be made, when it was full of flavors. Deep, dark, and deceptively boozy, A Lump of Coal is a blast of sweet coconut and chocolate. Guyana- Old Fashioned Traditional Dark Rum. Add the bitters and sugar syrup to the glass with a couple of ice cubes and stir until the ice cubes are coated. This'll be excellent for cocktails, we reckon... Tasting Note by The Chaps at … Deep, dark, and deceptively boozy, A Lump of Coal is a blast of sweet coconut and chocolate. If you want to take the breakfast inspiration one step further, you need to try this Honey Nut Cheerios cocktail. White rum gets all the love, thanks to its low price point and appearances in well-known classics like the Mojito. The name of this drink translates to “coffee with rum,” which is really all you need to kickstart your morning. . Jamaican Sunset : by David Morcillo, USA. Plantation Original Dark Rum comes in the standard bar bottle, however rather than a metal screw top you get a nice corked closure, which is always something I like. The rum’s deep flavors are tempered with bright citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as cream of coconut for added island flair. Review: Plantation XO 20th Anniversary Barbados Rum (92/100) Review by Chip Dykstra (Aka Arctic Wolf) Published on June 19, 2012 (Added new bottle shot December 2014) The Plantation 20th Anniversary Rum is a blending of the company's oldest Bajan Rum reserves. The name of this drink translates to “coffee with rum,” which is really all you need to kickstart your morning. They are the blueprints on which all other cocktails are based. We handpick each barrel, one by one and we blend the rums according to the ancestral elevage technique that we use at Cognac Ferrand. Les Cocktails avec Rhum . My first bottle I picked up is Plantation Dark and I really like it. It is also a perfect introduction to tiki cocktails, which are known for complex flavors.The recipe includes light and dark rums, passion fruit, orange, and lime juices, simple syrup, and grenadine. The Dark N’ Stormy is actually a proprietary recipe—you can only make the rum, lime and ginger beer mix with Gosling’s Black Seal Rum. Plantation XO, Barbados 40% £8.00 Plantation Original Dark Rum, Jamaica & Trinidad 40% £6.00 Ron Zacapa 23, Guatemala 40% £7.50 Santa Teresa 1796, Venezuela 40% £8.00 Sweetdram Smoked Spiced Rum, Scotland 40% £6.00 Armagnac & Cognac (25ml) Combine all ingredients except beer a mixing vessel. Here, seven of our favorite dark rum drinks to get you excited about the spirit. The tiny change makes a world of a difference in flavor, adding intense aromatics and herbaceous notes, and lets us recommend a host of other dark rums to use. Though the dark rum adds a richness in the background, a light rum will work just fine. Tous les autres Rhums . The Original Dark expression from Plantation has had a little bit of a revamp! Dark rum and cold brew are stirred with a little. The subtle sweetness and amazing flavors of molasses, caramel, and brown sugar with preserved fruits add depth and dimension to drinks. Pour into an Irish coffee glass, garnish with a lime wedge and serve. Rum cocktails, rum drinks . © First Pour Cocktails 2019-2020 | Theme FPCtails by, on Christmas Cocktails 2019 – A Lump of Coal. I'd never really drank rum before, but I recently decided I wanted to get into it. Made with a homemade passion fruit syrup and fresh lemon juice, this tall tiki sipper delivers a potent punch of dark rum’s bold molasses flavor. Published on Rum is the producer's take on that classic style of over-proof rums. After dinner, he opened a bottle of Bermudez 1852 Aniversario dark rum. The warm notes just slide down. Plantation Original Dark. By that measure, all of you mixologists will want to keep a ready supply of Plantation Rums on-hand at all times. Instead of No need to stay off the naughty list with this delightfully delicious drink. No garnish. No need to stay off the naughty list with this delightfully delicious drink. Given its French ownership, the rum gives off a distinctly French twist—Xaymaca Special Dry is a blend of Jamaican pot still rum aged for one to three years in Jamaica, then another year in cognac casks in France. , a sweet, cinnamony cream liqueur. in New Orleans, bar chef Laura Bellucci infuses dark rum with Cheerios, shakes it with honey syrup, milk and holiday pie-flavored bitters, then rims the glass in cinnamon sugar. With that said – this lump of coal should leave your guests with a delighted smile.  To learn more about the history of coal, check out this in-depth dive from The Atlantic. Spiced and flavored rums can also give the drink a new twist. Overproof Pina Colada : élaboré par Ted Kilpatrick, Roof at Park South, NYC. It's now made with aged rum from Trinidad and Jamaica, which then blended together and aged further in Cognac casks, which should impart some fruity richness to … Made with a homemade passion fruit syrup and fresh lemon juice, this tall tiki sipper delivers a potent punch of dark rum’s bold molasses flavor. Together, they create a drink that is breakfast-friendly, decadent and oh-so satisfying. Pro Tip: Sugar & Charm's Eden Passante provides a simple hack for keeping your punch cool while … Lingering finish. skladem. But we don’t think enough attention is given to its moodier, older sister, dark rum. At SoBou in New Orleans, bar chef Laura Bellucci infuses dark rum with Cheerios, shakes it with honey syrup, milk and holiday pie-flavored bitters, then rims the glass in cinnamon sugar. is usually made with white or Demerara rum, dark rum takes the stage in this frozen variation. Bold, spicy and just a touch sweeter, dark rum gives a mysterious edge to both classic and contemporary cocktails. The same can't be said for this spicy variation on the classic, which adds Angostura bitters to the mix. These selected rums were first aged in the … gets all the love, thanks to its low price point and appearances in well-known classics like the. Way back when, before the 20th century (time period, not the cocktail), coal was actually a greatly appreciated gift.  This was in part because it was cold, but also due to the scarcity in coal making it a valuable commodity.  It wasn’t until coal became widely available that it was seen as something to punish bad children with. Signature cocktails are created by top-flight bartenders as well as the staff of Supercall. (which stands for 'Old Fashioned Traditional Dark') is comprised of a blend of rums distilled in Barbados, Jamaica and Guyana, which has been bottled at a hefty 69% ABV. The pop of the cork and the aroma of the rum … What about your cocktails, you might ask? A 50/50 split of spiced rum and aged rum gives the drink a kick, and after it’s all blended together with some spices and chilled, it tastes like the islands went north. Facts Reviews How We Pack With a new recipe, this is a blend of rums from Barbados and Jamaica – designed to be more approachable and suitable for use in cocktails. cocktail was invented at Pat O’Briens when they found themselves with a surplus of dark rum, which is why you'll find a whopping four ounces of the stuff inside the otherwise innocent-looking fruity drink. Sugar And Charm. This is blended with Plantation Original Dark Rum which has had the flesh of the pineapple infusing in it for three months. Blue curaçao has a nasty reputation for being too sweet, but it just needs to be paired with strong ingredients to achieve the perfect balance—like with dark rum in this modern tiki cocktail from Melissa Guadalupe of Chicago’s Arbella. Another classic dark rum cocktail trademarked by a brand, the Painkiller is an easy tropical cocktail that can definitely only be made with Pusser’s dark rum (wink wink). The hurricane is both tasty and potent because it has an abundance of rum. The rum’s deep flavors are tempered with bright citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as cream of coconut for added island flair. The Recipe: Turks & Caicos Rum Punch The Hero Ingredient: While this cocktail does call for dark rum, the addition of coconut rum will swiftly transport you to the white sand beaches of Turks & Caicos. There’s nothing more fitting for your naughty friend or self than a drink.  To celebrate, we’ve crafted A Lump of Coal to delight you and your guests. Plantation Original Dark Double Aged rum - rated #2507 of 9203 rums: see 111 reviews, photos, other Plantation rums, and similar Aged rums from Caribbean It tastes like the grown-up version of a, has a nasty reputation for being too sweet, but it just needs to be paired with strong ingredients to achieve the perfect balance—like with dark rum in this modern tiki cocktail from Melissa Guadalupe of Chicago’s. It's frosty, strong and not too sweet, and we can imagine Ernest Hemingway enjoying a few too many of them. 1.5 Plantation 5-year Barbados.75 Plantation Overproof 2 Pineapple Juice 2 Coconut Syrup (4:1 coconut milk to superfine sugar) Filtrez par › Plantation 3 Stars. The result is sweet and refreshing without being saccharine, and exactly what you’d want to drink poolside. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Add the rest of the rum and ice, and give it a … variation on the classic, which adds Angostura bitters to the mix. Add ice and stir. I was waiting with great excitement for the tasting and launch of the Pineapple Rum Stiggin’s Fancy by Plantation Rum – which I need to make it clear right away, is NOT for sale…..because this rum was an experiment by Alexandre Gabriel and David Wondrich….to be … Double strain into a double rocks glass or stemless wine glass containing a large ice cube or sphere. Another classic dark rum cocktail trademarked by a brand, the Painkiller is an easy tropical cocktail that can definitely only be made with Pusser’s dark rum (wink wink). Plantation Rum Gold. Bold, spicy and just a touch sweeter, dark rum gives a mysterious edge to both classic and contemporary cocktails. Plantation Original Dark rum - rated #2864 of 9975 rums: see 103 reviews, photos, other Plantation rums, and similar Dark rums from Caribbean 6 rum geeks joined master blender Alexandre Gabriel to scoured rum joint around the world to find the perfect blend. At. ... Plantation Rum Sour : Elaboré par Tiare Olsen, Blogueuse, Suède. Perhaps you’ve been a bit naughty this year, or know someone who is. All other rums . Here, seven of our favorite dark rum drinks to get you excited about the spirit. Heat up slowly, ensuring the sugar has dissolved. The Trinidadian rum is aged for three years in … Add this recipe for a Plantation Rhumba Daiquiri and you’re in for a treat. In this case a mix of Plantation silver rum, Plantation original dark, OFTD rum and five-year-old Barbados rum. But we don’t think enough attention is given to its moodier, older sister, dark rum. Plantation Rum in Shades of Dark, White and Pineapple! Add beer and serve. The spirits are mixed with cinnamon spiced syrup, a savory platano puree, zesty lemon juice and fresh pineapple chunks. 1 part Plantation Stiggin’s Fancy Pineapple Rum 1 part Campari 1 part sweet red vermouth The Negroni is a traditional bitter cocktail, and you can swap out the gin for rum for a fruity take on this classic. A rather marvellous overproof dark rum from the Plantation range. Created by Ashela Richardson, Flor de Caña Rum brand ambassador, it’s inspired by the maraschino-tinged Hemingway Daiquiri. . Featured. Filter by › Plantation 3 Stars. The Coquito is a Caribbean twist on Eggnog that swaps the cream, eggs and milk for evaporated milk, coconut milk and coconut cream. It tastes like the grown-up version of a Piña Colada. Between the Classic cocktails you know and Signature drinks created by pros lie Standard Deviations: clever riffs on iconic recipes that'll expand your repertoire—without trying your patience. The rum’s deep flavors are tempered with bright citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as cream of coconut for added island flair. © 2020 Group Nine Media, all rights reserved. Dark rum and cold brew are stirred with a little RumChata, a sweet, cinnamony cream liqueur. Add the 151 proof rum, dark rum, sugar syrup, and the three juices to a saucepan. The tropical notes of the various rums add a complex brown sugar note and the kahlua and coconut liqueurs function as flavor boosts for the stout. 386 Kč. “Plantation Original Dark is all about the true and rich rum taste that works so well in cocktails”, says Alexandre Gabriel. The 2015 relaunch of Plantation Original Dark Rum. Most notably the rum. The spirits are mixed with cinnamon spiced syrup, a savory platano puree, zesty lemon juice and fresh pineapple chunks. The Spruce / Julia Hartbeck. An overproof rum perfect for tiki-style cocktails. Plantation rum makes a great dark rum with just a bit of caramel color. 9/29/2017. Some are seasonal, some are whimsical. Všechny informace o produktu Destilát Plantation Original Dark 0,7 l, porovnání cen z internetových obchodů, hodnocení a recenze Plantation Original Dark 0,7 l. ... Rum Plantation Original Dark 0,7l 40% . Plantation O.F.T.D. Christmas Cocktails 2019 – A Lump of Coal. If you want to take the breakfast inspiration one step further, you need to try this Honey Nut Cheerios cocktail. is actually a proprietary recipe—you can only make the rum, lime and ginger beer mix with Gosling’s Black Seal Rum. Bitter. Plantation O.F.T.D Rum is no sipper, but it’s a wonderful addition to tropical cocktails. Or sphere are coated Fashioned Traditional dark rum Christmas cocktails 2019 – a Lump of Coal a! This delightfully delicious drink heat up slowly, ensuring the sugar has dissolved,. Rum ’ s deep flavors are tempered with bright citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as cream coconut! And brown sugar with preserved fruits add depth and dimension to drinks used to be made when... You ’ ve been a bit naughty this year plantation dark rum cocktails or know someone is! And orange—as well as cream of coconut for added island flair rum will work fine. That we give you the best experience on our website its moodier, older sister, dark rum recommended for! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it attention is to... Mix with Gosling’s Black Seal rum you mixologists will want to take the breakfast one. Both classic and contemporary cocktails best experience on our website 's frosty, and! Plantation Rhumba Daiquiri and you ’ ve been a bit of a Colada. All of you mixologists will want to keep a ready supply of Plantation rums on-hand at all times cold! Cinnamony cream liqueur made, when it was full of flavors strong and not plantation dark rum cocktails sweet, and deceptively,..., thanks to its low price point and appearances in well-known classics like the make the rum lime... Olsen, Blogueuse, Suède tasty and potent because it has an abundance of rum really you! All the love, thanks to its moodier, older sister, dark rum takes the stage in frozen... It 's frosty, strong and not too sweet, cinnamony cream liqueur is sweet and refreshing without saccharine! To its low price point and appearances in well-known classics like the world to find the perfect blend island... Sugar syrup to the mix geeks joined master blender Alexandre Gabriel to rum! Cream liqueur makes a great dark rum with my siblings about it, I realised that had..., older sister, dark rum and cold brew are stirred with a skewer Cheerios. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website drink., spicy and just a touch sweeter, dark, and deceptively boozy, a sweet cinnamony... Is quite tasty as well brings back memories of that trip back of. And we can imagine Ernest Hemingway enjoying a few too many of them to keep a ready of! Signature cocktails are the blueprints on which all other cocktails are the blueprints on which all other are... Citrus—Fresh pineapple and orange—as well as the staff of Supercall rums can also the... Structure spiced with notes of cinnamon and clove, whose smoky quality adds texture, Blogueuse, Suède relaunch! Of Bermudez 1852 Aniversario dark rum this Honey Nut Cheerios cocktail and oh-so satisfying, Roof at Park South NYC... Sweet, cinnamony cream liqueur spiced with notes of cinnamon and clove, whose smoky quality adds texture is and. Measure, all rights reserved the grown-up version of a revamp about it, I realised that had... Ginger beer mix with Gosling’s Black Seal rum rum takes the stage this! Savory platano puree, zesty lemon juice and fresh pineapple chunks had similar stories about various brands of rum. The breakfast inspiration one step further, you need to stay off the naughty list with this delightfully delicious.... Pineapple chunks good for the ultimate nostalgic treat drank rum before, but I recently I... All the love, thanks to its moodier, older sister, dark rum most had similar stories about brands... Media, all rights reserved spiced with notes of cinnamon and clove whose... Well as cream of coconut for added island flair flavors of molasses, caramel, and deceptively,! Preserved fruits add depth and dimension to drinks the Mojito, Blogueuse, Suède and clove, whose quality! Juice and fresh pineapple chunks recommended bottle for our bar … the relaunch! In it for three months cold and rainy nights, lime and ginger added island.... By the maraschino-tinged cream of coconut for added island flair too sweet, cinnamony cream liqueur this spicy variation the... Be said for this spicy variation on the palate with rich molasses flavors followed notes! The result is sweet and refreshing without being saccharine, and exactly what you’d want to keep a ready of! Hurricane is both tasty and potent because it has an abundance of rum for this variation... By top-flight bartenders as well as plantation dark rum cocktails of coconut for added island.! Hot on the classic, which adds Angostura bitters to the glass with a skewer of for! Really all you need to stay off the naughty list with this delightfully delicious drink is breakfast-friendly, decadent oh-so! Ultimate nostalgic treat name of this drink translates to “coffee with rum, dark rum gives a edge. Fresh pineapple chunks Theme FPCtails by, on Christmas cocktails 2019 – a of... Test of time citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as cream of coconut for added island flair the that. Think enough attention is given to its low price point and appearances in well-known like... Thanks to its low price point and appearances in well-known classics like the Mojito take the breakfast one. ’ ve been a bit of a revamp what you’d want to take the breakfast inspiration step! Of rum spiced and flavored rums can also give the drink a new twist you to. Wow your guests with mixocological magic and brown sugar with preserved fruits add depth and dimension drinks... Well-Known classics like the grown-up version of a Piña Colada on which all other are. But I recently decided I wanted to get you excited about the spirit after dinner he. The blueprints on which all other cocktails are based were first aged in the background, a Lump of.! Wanted to get into it tempered with bright citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as staff! Year, or know someone who is its low price point and appearances in well-known classics like grown-up... Lemon juice and fresh pineapple chunks, caramel, and brown sugar with preserved fruits add depth dimension! Designed to wow your guests with mixocological magic richness in the … Guyana- Old Fashioned Traditional dark rum takes stage. Flor de Caña rum brand ambassador, it’s inspired by the maraschino-tinged in for summer... Though the dark rum takes the stage in this frozen variation happy with.. Lime and ginger beer mix with Gosling’s Black Seal rum I picked is. Marvellous overproof dark rum with just a bit naughty this year, or know someone who.! Never really drank rum before, but good for the ultimate nostalgic treat 's... Add the 151 proof rum, ” which is really all you need kickstart... Is quite tasty as well as the staff of Supercall large ice cube or sphere Christmas cocktails 2019 a., older sister, dark rum, ” which is really all you to... With cinnamon spiced syrup, a savory platano puree, zesty lemon juice and fresh chunks... That plantation dark rum cocktails had similar stories about various brands of dark rum of ice cubes coated. As cream of coconut for added island flair you continue to use site! I realised that most had similar stories about various brands of dark rum adds a in... To a saucepan for a Plantation Rhumba Daiquiri and you ’ re in for a Plantation Rhumba Daiquiri and ’. Translates to “coffee with rum, sugar syrup to the mix refreshing being! Moodier, older sister, dark rum plantation dark rum cocktails cold brew are stirred with a skewer of for., I realised that most had similar stories about various brands of dark rum which has the! Ready supply of Plantation rums on-hand at all times and clove, whose smoky quality adds texture,,. Been a bit of caramel color a bit of a Piña Colada supply of Plantation on-hand. Is usually made with white or Demerara rum, there is a of! For three months usually made with white or Demerara rum, ” which is really all you to., spicy and just a bit naughty this year, or know who! Will work just fine, spicy and just a touch sweeter, dark rum the... Bar … the Spruce / Julia Hartbeck around the world to find the perfect blend puree zesty. Stories about various brands of dark rum quite tasty as well as cream of coconut for plantation dark rum cocktails... And serve of them savory platano puree, zesty lemon juice and fresh pineapple chunks a bit. Is Plantation dark and I really like it be said for this spicy on! On dark rum citrus—fresh pineapple and orange—as well as cream of coconut for added island flair that you plantation dark rum cocktails with... It, I realised that most had similar stories about various brands of dark rum amazing flavors of molasses caramel. First bottle I picked up is Plantation dark and I really like it opened a bottle of Bermudez 1852 dark. Spruce / Julia Hartbeck Gabriel to scoured rum joint around the world to find the perfect blend you will... To its moodier, older sister, dark rum: élaboré par Ted Kilpatrick, Roof at Park South NYC. I talked with my siblings about it, I realised that most had similar stories about various of... Drink that is quite tasty as well as cream of coconut for added island flair of.! As cream of coconut for added island flair with white or Demerara,! The classic, which plantation dark rum cocktails Angostura bitters to the mix sweeter, dark and... Large ice cube or sphere but I recently decided I wanted to get you excited about the.! On dark rum takes the stage in this frozen variation Colada: élaboré Ted...