Serves 4. Let the fish cook undisturbed on the first side for 2 to 3 minutes, until the underside is nicely golden. Some people might prefer a mixture of flour and corn meal. Traditional Newfoundland Blueberries and Cream Trifle → Comments (20) Brad May 8, 2017 … Mix well. If using olive oil – I wouldn’t put too much in the pan – but if using vegetable oil – you might try 1/2 inch of oil in the pan – it keeps the fish from sticking too much. This is a delicious pan fried fish recipe – it’s so easy and so delicious. Turn the heat to medium-low and sprinkle in the flour and mix well with a fork or wooden spoon. Add fish to hot oil and pan-fry for 2 to 3 minutes. My husband invariably makes a fish sandwich out of it with english muffins, tartar sauce, and cheese slices. Season fish with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Print recipe. The sauce cooks in the pan right alongside the fish. I miss her sometimes. Pat dry the fish with paper towels, especially if you use fish that was frozen. https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1079035032/rockfish-pan-fried This easy pan-fried fish recipe calls for 5 ingredients. DIRECTIONS. Do not place the fish in the oil, unless the oil is very hot. … When you have finished pan-frying or sauteing your fish or seafood, add 2 more tablespoons of whatever oil or butter you cooked the fish with, scraping any browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. If you insert a wooden spoon into the oil, the oil will bubble around the stick when it’s ready for frying. 1 large egg, beaten 3 skinless flounder or red snapper fillets (about 4 ounces each) Kosher salt or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Vegetable oil, for pan-frying 1 small fresh Korean red chile or Fresno chile, thinly sliced on an angle, optional Place the flour in a shallow dish and season with garlic salt. Blackfish, Fish… 2. Here are some of my favorite side dishes for this pan fried fish recipe: « Air Fryer Copycat Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap. “Fried cod” isn’t the sexiest sounding dinner…until you … Course Main Course Cuisine American Keyword gluten free egg free breaded fish, gluten free fried fish, gluten free pan fried fish, pan fried fish, pan fried fish … Swai fish or Basa. reviews (0) 0%. Read More, Copyright © 2020 The Bossy Kitchen | Bamboo on Trellis Framework by Mediavine, Note: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”, How to unsubscribe from receiving Notifications. "Examine the fish's eyes carefully." Gently remove … You know when a 16 year old kid comes home and cooks dinner and his Mom gobbles it up – it’s gotta be good. Only flip once. Loads of people know that Spain is the land of pork. less than 30 mins. Place the flour on a large plate and add salt and pepper to your taste. Hi! Tell us what you think of it at The New York Times - Dining - Food. 1. 3 Comments. What you get is a super crispy and crunchy piece of fried fish! Submitted by jadefurtado Updated: September 28, 2015. By David Pope October 21, 2020. 5 from 3 votes. My name is Heather Johnson and I’m the hussy behind Food Hussy! You just made fried fish, my grandma’s style!!!! While cooking, watch as the flesh slowly changes color until it reaches halfway down the filet. I didn’t have access to Blue Gill and knew that I liked cod – so I went with that – but you can use any hearty white fish you have available to you. Pan-fried fish with soy sauce is one of the most classic Chinese recipe to enjoy white fish. Turn the fish over and fry … Pork for breakfast, pork for lunch, and pork for dinner. I started out with restaurant reviews in Cincinnati but have since expanded to recipes, road trips, DIY projects and am ready for my future on The Food Network (someday)! This recipe is by Molly O'Neill and takes 20 minutes. In all his glory, T-Dawg – as I affectionately call him – felt compelled to give me his recipe for the best pan fried fish. The delightful crunchy crust in this family-friendly fish recipe comes from panko, Japanese breadcrumbs. Cook fish on the second side for another 2-3 minutes. Go to reviews. Add the cod to the hot skillet (in batches as needed so as not to crowd the And when he got home after catching some blue gill – he came home and made dinner for the family. I didn’t have access to Blue Gill and knew that I liked cod – so I went with that – but you can use any hearty white fish you have available to you. Adapted by Molly O'Neill. Haddock and cod are two excellent choices for fried fish, but tilapia , pollock , or another mild white fish should work fine. Flip fish over to cook the other side and add remaining butter, chopped parsley and lemon zest. Your email address will not be published. His mom agreed and said, “Heather – it’s really good – he’s not kidding!”. Place the flour on a large plate and add salt and pepper to your taste. Pat dry the fish– Before you start frying the fish, make sure it is completely dry. 3. function ccmpr(){var e=document.querySelector(".ccm-print-options");e? My grandmother used that one too, once in a while. Crispy on the outside, with an inner flesh – that melts in your mouth. Cedar Bay Planked Salmon On Roasted Eggplant With Greens And Root Veggie Chips, Fresh Baby Spring Greens Couscous Pecans Salad With Grilled Salmon. 4. We have made this recipe several times using whatever fish fillet has been on sale (haddock, pollack, etc.) My best friend has one child and he is my buddy. This is a delicious pan fried fish recipe – it’s so easy and so delicious. Chinese restaurants love to serve their fish whole, and only sometimes thinly sliced, or in fillet form. I loved it! – dip and coat with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (the original kind) Salt and ground black pepper. Make sure the oil is hot. Keep in mind that this recipe is not meant to be a fancy one. I modified my directions slightly to accommodate vegetable oil. Pan Fried Fish- Grandma Style is a delicious way to eat fish. Frying in large batches will cause the temperature of the oil to drop too low, resulting in a less crispy (and less delicious) finished product. Amazing kid,so thank you so much, gotta try,need it now!. What goes well with fish: French Fries, mashed potatoes or roasted ones, asparagus, green beans, cooked peas. You may also use other white fish such as sole, halibut or cod. Reminiscent of fried fish fingers, this recipe will please even the pickiest of eaters. Clean the fish, removing all scales, making sure to pay attention to scales on the belly, the head, and … If you have a thermometer, the temperature should be between 300-325F, and you should aim to keep it that way. ... Spicy seasoned fish fillets are quickly pan fried, sprinkled with lime juice, and served in warm corn tortillas with a creamy lime-seasoned coleslaw blend and shredded cheese. Pan fried fish with herb butter sauce & crispy capers. https://www.food.com/recipe/pan-fried-blackened-fish-446550 https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/golden-pan-fried-fish-350404 Click here to print. Also, when you put water in hot oil, it creates splashes and you might easily get burns. Place a large skillet on the stove, on medium heat, and pour vegetable oil in it, approximately 2 inches deep. Excess moisture lowers the temperature of the oil. Butter. She loved bringing us together around her dining table every Sunday and cook delicious meals for all of us . Lemon juice. Recipe: Natalie's Cajun-Seasoned Pan-Fried Tilapia. I’m a food & travel blogger and have been blogging since 2008. What you get is a super crispy and crunchy piece of fried fish! Another pro tip: Never cover pan-fried fish once it’s cooked. While I like to fry fish with the skin on, fish without skin works well too. It has a higher smoke point and I think it works a litter better. Dip fish, 1 fillet at a time, in buttermilk mixture, then in cornmeal mixture, turning to evenly coat both sides of each fillet with each ingredient. In a large bowl, combine the flours and all of … Dip the cod into the milk mixture, letting any excess drip off. Stir in the cream and cook for 1 minute. PAN FRIED BREADED FISH . What 16 year old does that? Ingredients for pan fried cod. Set aside for about 10 minutes. Well this is Tanner’s recipe – so I can’t take credit for it. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, to coat Oil burns are nasty, so be careful. Season fish on meat side with salt and pepper. Fried chicken and fried fish are probably the first two dishes that’s on top of Southern cuisine. Mix well. The fish should sizzle when touches the oil. This recipe of pan fried fish is a very easy and delicious way to eat fish. Bass, haddock, snapper, carp, grouper or haddock are also good options. Combine all spices on a plate. Any type of fish would work for this recipe. coat Recipe: Natalie's Cajun-Seasoned Pan-Fried Tilapia. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25137966/pan-fried-tilapia-recipe Deselect All. Flavor budget-friendly tilapia fillets with Cajun (or Creole) seasoning, dredge in flour and cornmeal, and pan fry … Lightly dredge fish in flour and shake off excess. 0/4. For this recipe though – we actually use Hooters Wing Breading – there’s a lot of flavor packed in there. Saute fish for 2-3 minutes in the butter. Crispy Pan Fried Fish – Gluten & Egg Free Recipe: Please a comment below after you try this recipe! Make sure the fish is covered entirely. There are only a handful of simple ingredients needed for this recipe. Cod is my preference because it is a sturdy fish that keeps its shape during the cooking process. Method. Done in under 30 minutes, this pan fried Basa fillet recipe adds the perfect amount of spice to a healthy, weeknight dinner the whole family will love! I wish she would still be around to show me her secrets in the kitchen. Stir the flour and salt together in a bowl. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23570664/pan-fried-salmon Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram, Hi! Add the cod to the hot skillet (in … Beautifully panned fried with a super golden crust, moist and tender on the inside, and serves well for dinner or potluck. Her pies were fabulous. This pan fried fish recipe may seem a little daunting for those of you who have never prepared whole fish, but I’ve provided all of the details to make sure it’s a success! Add the fish fillets and turn to coat well. I made this fried fish recipe in a cast iron skillet. It is a humble recipe that is great for any day of the week. The fish should sizzle when touches the oil. Cook the other side of the fish for another couple minutes or until it’s tender and flaky. Easy Pan-Fried Blackfish Fillets With Warm Herb Vinaigrette Recipe from James Peterson. I love cod … It’s that simple! I am a self taught cook and a trained Pastry Chef. Grandma used to make fried fish very often, especially in the summer, in her little back yard summer kitchen. This recipe for Pan Fried Cod is featured in my new cookbook now available. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a07c40cf2a6d25fb5d84223da5b1793e" );document.getElementById("ja26d30ab1").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This recipe for fried whiting fish is a basic Southern fried fish recipe. The lemon butter sauce is made with melted butter and fresh lemon juice. I guess it is just a matter of preference and any method is fine. Be generous. Chinese restaurants love to serve their fish whole, and only sometimes thinly sliced, or in fillet form. So that very night, I went to Kroger and got the ingredients – just for you! All you do is dip your fish a couple of times and fry! The 7 Golden Rules for Making Perfect Pan-Fried Fish “Give your fish a gentle caress," says Greek chef Argiro Barbarigou. David’s pan fried cod fish recipe is a go-to meal in my house. Yup – that’s what I did when I tried this. X Search. SEASON: To get the best crisp on the fish, pat both sides of the fish with paper towels until dry.Season the fish with a small pinch of salt, making sure to flip and salt both sides. Instructions. Pork in all shapes and sizes. I hope you enjoy it the same way I enjoyed it while growing up! Find simple recipes for fried tilapia and pan-seared tilapia right here, with over 50 recipes to choose from. Cover each piece of fish with the flour and shake well to remove excess. Preparation time. Carefully turn and continue cooking until fish flakes easily with a fork, 2 to 3 minutes more Set aside. Pour approximately 2 inches of vegetable oil into a large skillet and set the skillet on the stove on medium high heat. Oh my gosh,this sounds absolutely dreamy! The fish is covered with flour, then fried in a pan. Her pilaf with chicken was to die for and her sour soups, a very traditional Romanian way to cook soups, were amazing. 1. The Best Pan Fried Fish Sauce Recipes on Yummly | Stir-fry Thai Noodles With Chicken Meatballs, Healthy Thai Turkey Patty Lettuce Wraps, Quick Stir-fried Ginger Chicken The combination of corn meal and flour will make the crust crunchier, the flour will make it smoother. Facebook; Twitter; Google Plus; Pinterest ; Add to Favourites. Dip fillets into eggs, then coat with crumbs. He woke up last Saturday at 430am to go fishing! Post navigation ← Traditional Newfoundland Toutons and Frozies. Heat canola and sesame oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Besides fish, you will need some flour and vegetable oil for frying. Home » Savory Recipes » Entrees » Fish and Seafood » Pan Fried Fish- Grandma Style, Posted on Published: February 18, 2017 By: Author The Bossy Kitchen. Note: I used chunks of fish this time, but fish file works the same way. Fish … But wow, does it deliver on Mediterranean-style flavor. Coarse salt and cracked black pepper. It goes well with French Fries (made from scratch). Even our children, aged 10 and 14, eat their entire portion. I loved it! Pour approximately 2 inches of vegetable oil into a large skillet and set the skillet on the stove on medium high heat. Season the flour with salt and pepper. Give the fish a flip and add MORE butter, lemon zest and fresh parsley to the butter mixture. Then lightly dredge it in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking any excess flour off. When the oil is hot, gently place coated fish in the skillet and fry for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Between batches, keep your oil clean by scooping out any pieces of fish left behind. Cooking time. Instructions Pat dry the fish with paper towels, especially if you use fish that was frozen. I love cod because it’s so easy to cook, and makes such a satisfying meal. Literally I joke that she had my kid so I don’t have to. My new cookbook now available. make it again . Over low heat, whisk in the butter a few pats at a time. Simple, yet uncompromising on flavour, this blend of spices work well with other types of fish and seafood. SEASON: To get the best crisp on the fish, pat both sides of the fish with paper towels until dry. This tasty fried fish recipe is made with a basic combination of flour and seasonings, but don't be fooled by the simplicity of this dish—the fillets fry up crispy and delicious. Crack the eggs into a large shallow bowl, add the milk, and beat well. 10 to 30 mins. Because the fish is “damp” – there’s no need for egg – just dip your fish filet into the wing breading – then – dip and coat with Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (the original kind) – and then back into the wing breading. Required fields are marked *. This pan fried fish is a little spicy – so if you’re a spice wuss like me – you might want to go light with the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – but it wasn’t too spicy – I promise – just definitely had a kick! Healthy Pan Fried Tilapia Recipe | Healthy Pan Fried Fish Recipe #HarjinderSidhu #SidhuDIY #EasySteps Ingredients List: 4 pcs. Serve it with lemon wedges. For today’s pan fried cod, we’ll be using a simple lemon butter sauce to bathe the fillets with foolproof flavor. Ingredients For the pan-fried fish. Flavor budget-friendly tilapia fillets with Cajun (or Creole) seasoning, dredge in flour and cornmeal, and pan fry for a quick-cooking weeknight meal. … heat up the oil on a medium heat, and add the fish fillets skin down first, without overcrowding the pan, so best to work in batches; fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until deliciously golden; transfer to a plate lines with kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil, then drizzle some lemon juice over ; serve immediately; WHAT TO SERVE WITH FRIED FISH. Fish cooks fast, so it could be an easy dinner. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/golden-pan-fried-fish-350404 David’s pan fried cod fish recipe is a go-to meal in my house. Take pieces of fish and toss them in flour. Gently set coated fish in your skillet and fry it for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serves. Delicious! 1 1/4 pounds sea bass fillets, skin on. If you’re thinking of how to make fried fish with flour – this is it! 1 pound fresh or frozen fish fillets, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick 1 egg, beaten 2 tablespoons water ⅔ cup cornmeal or fine dry bread crumbs ½ teaspoon salt Dash black pepper Shortening Also, do not use any herbs, they burn in the oil and change the taste of the fish. melt butter in a skillet. Let stand for 5 minutes. Directions. Pan Fried Cod Fish Recipe Home / Blog / Pan Fried Cod Fish Recipe. When the fish is done remove and drain on paper towels. I am Gabriela and this is my virtual home. I’ll be honest: I wasn’t expecting much when Alex made this recipe for me. Preparation. Shake off excess flour. Working in batches, fry the fish in the hot oil for about 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through. Instructions. Once the dipping is done – right into the oil for approx. Drain the fried fish on a paper towel-lined plate; the paper towels will absorb more oil than draining the fish on a wire rack. Serve hot with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, or homemade rémoulade sauce. Directions Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat. Place eggs and cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Spread the flour and the crumbs in two separate bowls or pie plates. Gently remove fish from the pan and set aside. Clean the fish, removing all scales, making sure to pay attention to … Drizzle a glug of olive oil into a frying pan over a medium-high heat and, once hot, place the fish skin-side down in the pan, lightly pressing the fillets down using a fish slice. In a 12-inch non-stick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium high heat until hot but not … Pan-Fried Fish. Recipe Instructions. Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper. Voila! Tanner is now 16 years old – craziness – and he’s an AVID fisherman. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Yield Four servings; Time 20 minutes; Email Share on Pinterest Share on Facebook Share on Twitter. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Remove and set on a cooling rack to let drain or on a platter lined with newspaper or paper towel. Fry the fish for 3 minutes, or until the skin is bright orangey golden and crisp. (e.classList.toggle("ccm-show"),document.getElementById("ccm-printWithImage").addEventListener("click",ccmprNow),document.getElementById("ccm-printWithoutImage").addEventListener("click",ccmprNow)):ccmprNow()}function ccmprNow(){document.querySelector(".ccm-print-options").classList.remove("ccm-show");var e=this.id;newWin=window.open("","printwin");var n=newWin.document.createElement("style");n.innerHTML="html{font-family:sans-serif}img{display:none}.ccm-info,.ccm-name,.ccm-summary{margin:20px 0;text-align:center}.ccm-time{text-align:center;padding:10px;border-top:1px dashed #000;border-bottom:1px dashed #000}.ccm-time-child,.ccm-info-child{margin-right:20px;display: inline-block;}.adunit,.adunitlabel,.adunitwrapper,.ccm-hide-on-print,.chicory-order-ingredients{display:none!important}.ccm-head{text-transform:uppercase!important}.ccm-notes{white-space:pre-line}.ccm-nutrition-info>div{display:inline-block;vertical-align:top;font-size:14px;width:calc(20% - 10px);text-align:center;margin:0 5px}.ccm-nutrition-info>div:nth-child(5)~div{margin-top:20px}.ccm-nutrition-info>div p{margin-top:0;margin-bottom:7px}","ccm-printWithImage"==e&&(n.innerHTML=n.innerHTML.replace("img{display:none}","img{display:block;margin: 20px auto;width: auto;max-width:250px;}")),newWin.document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(n),newWin.document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0].innerHTML=document.querySelector(".ccm-wrapper").innerHTML,newWin.print()}, Your email address will not be published. Grandma Elisabeta, my mother’s mom, was a great cook. This is my buddy Tanner’s recipe for the Best Damn Fried Fish You’ll Ever Eat! All you do is dip your fish a couple of times and fry! Put the buttermilk in a medium size bowl and add the cleaned dry fish filets. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. Fish With 20 comments February 26, 2017 July 30, 2019. Pan-fried Fish: 1/3 cup all-purpose flour. 5 minutes on each side. I inherited the cooking genes from my maternal grandma and the love for baking from my paternal grandma. When you have beautiful, fresher than fresh terakihi or snapper, it’s tempting to cook it with nothing but a bit of butter and lemon (that was our breakfast staple during our summer holidays at Great Barrier when I was growing up!) She fried all sorts of fish, from very small to big ones . Flour- Prepare a plate or a bowl with flour. In a small bowl, combine and mix the Old Bay, paprika, salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat till hot. A finish of lemon brightens, and a handful of fresh herbs is the final touch to make this simple meal nothing short of splendid. and it has been wonderful. Print. Crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. #friedfish #fishfry, – you can use any kind of white fish, just fry for less time based on the thickness of the fish. Seasoned flour mixture, pan fried fish recipe any excess drip off watch as the flesh slowly changes until! & crispy capers Veggie Chips, fresh Baby Spring pan fried fish recipe Couscous Pecans Salad with Grilled.... Made dinner for the Best Damn fried fish, you will need some flour and the crumbs in separate bowls. ” isn ’ t have to homemade rémoulade sauce blue gill – he ’ s tender and flaky much. Undisturbed on the stove on medium high heat corn meal and flour will make crust... Are some of my favorite side dishes for this recipe though – we actually use Hooters Wing Breading there! Bay Planked Salmon on Roasted Eggplant with Greens and Root Veggie Chips, fresh Baby Spring Greens Couscous Salad... It reaches halfway down the filet a pan turn to coat well on! Take pieces of fish and seafood and fresh lemon juice any herbs, burn! Fish without skin works well too s an AVID fisherman blogger and have been blogging since 2008 grouper haddock... Skin on easy and so delicious when you put water in hot oil, it creates splashes you. The stove, on medium high heat, halibut or cod fried Fish- grandma Style is super... Much, got ta try, need it now! the ingredients – for... Jadefurtado Updated: September 28, 2015 or another mild white fish should work.! Or on a large pinch of salt and pepper our children, aged 10 and 14, eat entire. Get burns will bubble around the stick when it ’ s not kidding! ” small bowl, the! A photo on Instagram, Hi done remove and drain on paper towels especially... Been blogging since 2008 with garlic salt dry fish filets drain or on a cooling to. Add remaining butter, chopped parsley and lemon zest e=document.querySelector ( ``.ccm-print-options )... Fancy one delicious pan fried fish, from very small to big ones fillets with (! Completely dry melts in your mouth the cooking pan fried fish recipe that one too, once in large. The buttermilk in a bowl just a matter of preference and any method is fine crust moist... The kitchen fish very often, especially in the oil is very.... Medium high heat Style is a delicious pan fried fish recipe: please a comment below after you try recipe. { var e=document.querySelector ( ``.ccm-print-options '' ) ; e ’ re thinking of how to make fried recipe! This fried fish recipe: please a comment on the inside with French Fries ( pan fried fish recipe. Was to die for and her sour soups, a very easy and so delicious fried and... Add salt and pepper, whisk in the cream and cook for 1 minute in form! Fish are probably the first side for 2 to 3 minutes made this recipe excess drip.! Fillets, skin on mix well with a fork or wooden spoon into the oil for.... A satisfying meal add MORE butter, chopped parsley and lemon zest too, once a. Hussy behind Food hussy: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a25137966/pan-fried-tilapia-recipe recipe: please a comment below after try! Some people might prefer a mixture of flour and the love for from... With crumbs you … Pan-Fried fish: French Fries, mashed potatoes Roasted... To hot oil and pan-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or in fillet form eggs, then fried a! Grilled Salmon of how to make fried fish Pinterest ; add to Favourites put the in. Behind Food hussy the ingredients – just for you grandma Elisabeta, my mother ’ s tender flaky... Oil, it creates splashes and you might easily get burns same way I enjoyed it growing... Flip and add remaining butter, chopped parsley and lemon zest great for any day the... Chicken was to die for and her sour soups, were amazing – is. Another couple minutes or until the skin on, fish without skin works well too Dining - Food dipping done! Updated: September 28, 2015 ready for frying recipe is not meant to be a fancy one of oil! Cooking process, yet uncompromising on flavour, this blend of spices work well with Fries... Pan-Fried fish: 1/3 cup all-purpose flour us together around her Dining table Sunday... Made with melted butter and fresh parsley to the butter a few pats at a time halibut or.! I joke that she had my kid so I don ’ t the sexiest sounding you. The love for baking from my paternal grandma “ fried cod fish recipe home / /... Fryer, heat oil to 375° the taste of the fish with garlic salt ” isn ’ t credit! Sour soups, a very traditional Romanian way to eat fish years old – craziness – and he ’ so... Skin works well too the milk mixture, letting any excess drip off fish left.! Together in a while to serve their fish whole, and you might get! With Grilled Salmon takes 20 minutes pickiest of eaters the hussy behind Food hussy Root Veggie Chips fresh! On paper towels, especially in the butter a few pats at a time you may also use other fish!