The cashews will come out soft from the air-fryer or the oven, but will firm up as they cool down. Specially made on the special occasion of Diwali, Dussehra or when some special guests are visiting home or at a special event like wedding anniversary or husband’s birthday special recipe. Then add tomato puree, salt to taste, and cook on low flame for 10-15 mins until the oil oozes out. It’s super quick and easy to roast nuts in an air fryer. All content, recipes, videos, and photography are copyrighted to Anupama Paliwal and are the property of My Ginger Garlic Kitchen. Now bring the flame to low and add curd to the masala. And roasting cashews is an effortless job. 19. In a matter of minutes, your perfectly roasted cashews are ready to devour. Start rolling one portion on the clean shelf or the cookie sheet or your chopping board. Roll it in 1/2 inch thickness in an approximate round shape to get thick flaky cashews. When using oil, make sure you use unflavoured oil because flavored oil might clash with the natural oil cashew nuts already have. Let them cool down completely. Roasting cashews in an air-fryer are super easy. Add ground masala and fry till it smells good. Take all purpose our, sooji, ajwain, dried mints leaves, kasuri methi, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chat masala and salt in a bowl. So  are you ready to try out this easy peasy recipe and give your loved ones a surprise treat this weekend? If making them for gifting, then make sure to double or triple the quantity of cashews. 9. Kaju Masala recipe is calorie-rich, obviously. To make salted roasted cashews, add only some kosher or sea salt to the raw cashews. The yummy cashews are ready to devour. Roast for 15 minutes. I am sure you will like them as much as I do …[READ MORE]. Kaju masala recipe or kaju curry is a different recipe to try out. Contact me to seek syndication rights. Kaju Masala banavani recipe is very simple. | Designd by Concepro Digital Marketing Agency, Masala Kaju (Fried, Air Fryer, and Baked Recipe). Microwave, roast, or bake. Roasting any nuts in an air fryer is a breeze. Before removing from fire, add two spoons of ghee. I have rolled the dough thick as I like little thick shaped namak pare, but if you prefer thin you can definitely roll it thin. by Anjana Chaturvedi Leave a Comment. Masala Kaju recipe or the the spicy masala cashew nuts is a very quick and simple snack recipe. ¼ dry ginger powder. Preheat the air-fryer to 160°C / 325°F. There are many ways you can enjoy roasted cashews. I love the simplicity with which this gets prepared. With this recipe, you can roast both whole cashews and cashew halves. Apart from roasted cashews in the curry, I also add cashews for making the onion tomato curry base. Moong Dal Namkeen, Namak Para, Poha Chivda, and Crunchy Crispy Chickpeas. Transfer them to a mason jar. Make sure that the butter does not brown. Adjust spice level according to your taste. Store kaju … As Diwali is around the corner so we all are busy making sweets and savory for family and friends. And then roast in an air-fryer, oven, microwave or a pan. So try out these healthy kaju namkeen matar at home and enjoy as a perfect tea time savory snack. I took out the cap of a water bottle and sterilized it and then used for my cutting. Take all purpose our, sooji, ajwain, dried mints leaves, kasuri methi, turmeric powder, red chili powder, chat masala and salt in a bowl. They are also great for sudden hunger strikes. Place seasoned nuts in an air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry. You can make them in advance and store them for a week. 10. Place seasoned cashew nuts in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 6 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Drain the excess oil and remove them with a slotted spoon and pile them in a paper towel lined plate. Line a baking/roasting tray with parchment paper or foil paper for easy cleanup. It gets ready in no time at all and tastes so yum. Raw cashews are mixed with some powdered spices such as black pepper and chili and roasted to crunchy perfection. This easy to make Spicy Roasted Masala Kaju can be made in under 15 minutes. Cashews in a cashew sauce, tastes just heavenly! Roast them for 6 minutes. During the frying process maintain the oil temperature by adjusting the gas heat. And don’t forget to share this article on your favorite social networking sites ? Label with homemade love gift tags. Drain, and add seasoning to the fried cashews while they are hot. 13. The best...Read More » Mix it by rubbing between your thumb and fingers till everything is incorporated well. I have used only 1/4 cup + 2 ½ tablespoons of water. I gave them the shape of Cashews (Kaju) with help of small bottle cap. Masala kaju is a type of namakpara a popular Indian Tea time snack and also made during the festival. Feel free to make your favorite combination with the above spices. Once cooled, add 1 tsp chat masala and 1/4 tsp red chili powder. It is made in various shapes but mostly in long sticks. As it cools, it gets more crispy and will become slightly darker in color. Then you would surely love these tea time snacks: Lehsuni Sev - Garlicky Gram Flour Noodles, Masala Peanuts (Air Fryer, Baked and Fried Recipe), Chana Dal Namkeen - Crunchy Split Bengal Gram Snack, Get interesting and new recipes directly to your inbox. Heat oil in a deep wok or pan on medium flame. Stir in every 5 minutes to prevent them from burning. Slide a few cashews in the hot oil or depending on the available space in your wok. 8. These roasted cashews are crunchy, spicy, salty, and super addictive — ideal evening or afternoon snacks. This recipe is very simple and requires very few ingredients which are easily available in the market or even at home. Roasting cashews elevates their taste, sweet flavor and aroma, and adds a little extra crunch. Stir it and it is ready to go in your air fryer. They are so delicious, you can’t stop eating them. Masala Kaju is a popular Indian snack that is available at almost all festivals and North Indian weddings. You need to flip them in order to cook from both sides. Other spices you can use in this roasted cashew recipe are chili, black/white pepper, paprika, cinnamon, garlic, chili, curry powder, ground cumin, or allspice. Spicy Roasted Cashew Nuts (Masala Kaju) make an indulgent wholesome snack for any time when paired with  masala chai or hot cappuccino or even cool drinks. It is a crunchy savory snack made with maida or all purpose flour and sooji mix with carom seeds, kasuri methi, mints leaves and flavored with spices. Love snacking? If the temperature of oil increases then they will get golden colorfast and inside stays raw. On this page, you will find these roasted cashew nuts recipes: ✔︎ is suitable for plant-based, gluten-free diets, ✔︎ is perfect for indian festivals like diwali or holi, ✔︎ makes a lovely snack when you are trying to watch your weight, ✔︎ is healthy and a great alternative to your regular deep-fried snacks, ✔︎ is ideal to serve to guests along with drinks, ✔︎ is suitable for occasions like kitty parties and potluck, ✔︎ is tasty and has healthy fats and proteins, ✔︎ is awesome for game nights or film nights, ✔︎ makes an awesome edible gift for the holidays, ✔︎ makes amazing after school or work snack, ✔︎ can be made into the air fryer, oven, microwave, or pan. Now take maida, semolina, in a big bowl, add celery, red chili powder, chaat masala and salt as needed. Toss all the fried cashews and mix them well with the spices. These roasted nuts stay fresh for up to 15 days at room temperature when stored in an airtight jar. Preheat oven to 160°C / 325°F. Ingredients to use – besan, rice flour, chopped curry leaves, red chilli powder, salt, carom seeds (ajwain), chaat masala, and ginger garlic. In a mixing bowl, add raw cashews, ghee/oil, red chili powder, black pepper, chaat masala powder, and salt. Check out the full recipe in the recipe box on this page. Done. For savory spicy roasted cashews, you can use the simple seasoning made with red chili powder, salt, pepper, and chaat masala powder. To dry roast, add raw cashews to a pan and roast them over low heat stirring frequently. 5. Let them cool down completely. After 15 minutes take the dough and knead it once again using little oil. Who doesn’t crave a roasted snack along with some evening tea? Knead smooth but elastic dough that will give us crisp namak pare. So this roasted cashews recipe can be easily put together when you are in a hurry. You can also add a herby touch to these roasted cashews by adding herbs like cilantro, mint, curry leaves, parsley, rosemary, or thyme. This masala kaju has a long shelf life and stays fresh for up to 15 days. This hard to resist super addictive Masala Kaju is a North Indian style roasted cashew recipe, prepared using ingredients like raw cashews, ghee/oil, salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala powder, and red chili powder. One batch takes around 7-8 minutes for frying. This dish of the Punjabi Cuisine can be relished on several joyous occasions. And knowing the fact that they are non-fried would make you crave for more. Oil is added into the dough and mixed by rubbing between your fingers. So melt the butter … 7. And they will get a light golden color. Mix it by rubbing between your thumb and fingers till everything is incorporated well. Made with very simple spices this masala kaju is surely a hit with me. Unlike conventional roasting methods, it takes a little time. Last Updated: Fri Oct 30, 2020 by Anupama Paliwal | 12 MIN READ. They may not be republished in part or whole without permission and proper credit. 16. 6. Temperature is the key to success in this recipe I really recommend you to watch my video which will help you in making perfect kaju. Store spicy roasted cashews/masala kaju in an airtight container and enjoy them for up to 2 weeks. Make as many cuts as possible. 21. https://www.mygingergarlickitchen.com/masala-kaju/, FREE Ebook download: Amazing Cooking Tips, 1 teaspoon red chili powder (you can also use smoked paprika or cayenne pepper). Collect all the ingredients in one place. 13. Cook till gravy thickens. ¼ tsp asafetida* Made the traditional namakpara in an innovative manner by changing the shape from long sticks to cashew nut shapes. The smaller the diameter, the better the shapes you will get. Kaju Mutter Masala is a cashew nut curry recipe that will appeal to many. Just make them once, and these spicy roasted cashew nuts will become your friend’s and family’s favorite. ¾ tsp coriander seed powder. Making spiced roasted cashews is super simple and much fun. Heat ghee in a pan and fry them. 10. it is an ideal creamy gravy recipe which is majorly shared and served with garlic naan, roti and chapathi. Kaju Namakpare Recipe, How To Make Masala Kaju. In this recipe, our usual Kaju or cashew nuts are roasted in ghee along with curry leaves, salt, red chilli powder and chaat masala powder. How to make Masala Kaju (Spicy Roasted Cashew Nuts) in an Air Fryer: Preheat air fryer air-fryer to 160°C / 325°F. Oven temperatures may vary, so keep an eye on your cashews while baking in the oven. Pour heated honey and stir again. Seasonings (salt, pepper, chili powder, chat masla powder). Repeat the above steps and prepare all the cashews. Just coat your nuts with seasoning and oil/ghee in a large bowl. Toss all the fried cashews and mix them well with the spices. This way you will get evenly roasted cashew nuts. They are crispy and a perfect snack with a hot cup of tea at this festival. For cutting out cashews, take a small, clean cap from a bottle. Make a tight and stiff dough by adding very little water at a time. Everyone likes salted roasted nuts. Fry rest of the cashews in the same way. Serve hot. You need to flip them in order to cook from both sides. Add paneer cubes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt as per taste. Take it out from the microwave and let them cool completely before storing. 11. Starting with the edge, start cutting crescent shapes from the rolled dough with the cap. It has a similar texture to namak-pare with some more twists. Kaju Matar Masala from the Muglai cuisine is an excellent gravy based recipe cooked with green peas in a rich onion, tomato and cashew nut based gravy. So be patient and fry on low medium hot oil. Your masala Kaju or Spicy Roasted Cashew Nuts are ready. So be patient and fry on low medium hot oil. Subscribe to my Youtube channel here. Stir well. I took out the cap of a water bottle and sterilized it and then used for my cutting. 12. I made them spicy but they can also be made sweet, savory, or herby, or choose the combination of your favorite flavors. It is added with the goodness of bay … Just roast them, and cool completely. While the red chilli powder adds spiciness to the Kaju, Chaat masala powder adds a tangy twist to it. Once cooled store them in an airtight container and use it for up to 2 weeks. It requires little extra effort to give this shape but the result is so different that it’s worth all the efforts. You can also roast these nuts on the stovetop on a skillet. The smaller the diameter, the better the shapes you will get. So do try out this recipe and let us know about the taste in the comment box. ¼ tsp turmeric powder. To roast cashews or kaju, always buy premium quality raw cashews (kaju), and mix them with some spices and some fat such as ghee/butter/oil. And making them is easy, peasy. While kneading the dough sprinkle little water at a time so that you how much more water is needed. 18. They get crunchier as they cool. Do check the video for the recipe for Kaju Paneer Masala Makhani and also a recipe for butter naan. This spicy roasted cashew (masala kaju) is suitable for people who are following plant based, gluten-free, paleo, low carb diets. kaju paneer masala recipe | kaju paneer curry | paneer cashew curry with detailed photo and video recipe. Drain the excess oil and remove them with a slotted spoon and pile them in a paper towel lined plate. Remove the cashew nuts from the basket and transfer them onto a cool plate. Copyright © 2020 My Ginger Garlic Kitchen. Add raw cashews to a bowl and mix with seasoning. Kaju NamakPare- A crisp delicious fried snack made in the shape of cashew. Let them cool for 10 minutes. My name is Anupama, and I welcome you to My Ginger Garlic Kitchen, an Indian Food Blog, where I share my recipes, food styling and food photography tips, recipe videos and how to's. Kaju Mushroom Masala is a Vegan, naturally gluten free and Paleo recipe … Done. How to make Masala Kaju recipe Prepare dough. how to make masala kaju (step by step directions with pictures) : Veg Pulao Recipe | how to make vegetable Pulao in pressure cooker, मसाला पापड़ रेसिपी : कुरकुरा और मसालेदार पापड़ बनाने की विधि IN HINDI. Then transfer roasted cashews in a single layer to a cool plate and let them cool down for about 7-8 minutes. Starting with the edge, start cutting crescent shapes from the rolled dough with the cap. You can also roast them in an oven, microwave, or pan to bring out their deeper, aromatic, richer, and nuttier sweet flavor. Transfer seasoned cashews to the prepare baking tray and spread them out in a single layer. What I generally do is that I portion them and store them in different jars to devour as afternoon snacks. Heat oil in a deep wok or pan on medium flame. Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. This is strictly going to be a yearly indulgence in my kitchen, given how rich and expensive this creamy cashew curry is. 11. How to toast the kaju for masala Place a frying pan over low fire. Roll the leftover part of the dough to make more. In my opinion, any nut is always better roasted. This can be served for Diwali snack as well. Masala kaju is a type of namakpara a popular Indian Tea time snack and also made during the festival. Start rolling one portion on the clean shelf or the cookie sheet or your chopping board. Roll it in 1/2 inch thickness in an approximate round shape to get thick flaky cashews. After 15 minutes take the dough and knead it once again using little oil. Repeat the above steps and prepare all the cashews. This Masala Kaju is roasted in an air-fryer but tastes exactly like deep-fried Masala Kaju — no compromise in the taste. It should look like breadcrumbs and if you press it into your palm, it will come together like a crumbly dough. 15. Cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes. pour in oil (1 tbs) to the pan, let it warm and then add the cashew nuts to the pan. Add cashews, ghee/oil, and spices to a mixing bowl. ½ tsp red chili powder. 23. 8. This recipe page includes a simple step by step photo guide and video recipe on how to roast spiced cashews. Kaju Paneer Masala, a delightful recipe cooked with lots of cashew nuts and paneer as the main ingredient.Kaju Paneer Masala is a little sweet recipe which makes it favorite among the kids. Ingredients: 4 tsp ghee or vegetable oil. #Special Note: Want to reduce cooking/preparation time, then don’t forget to read the recipe notes/tips at the end ? This masala kaju recipe page has 3 healthy versions of roasted cashews; air fried, baked and microwaved versions of spiced cashews you get from the store. finally, do check my recipes collection like snacks recipe collection, further, do not forget to visit my other recipes like. Mix all these ingredients well. Yes, certainly you can deep fry or shallow fry cashews in a pan if you are feeling too indulgent. Once cool down you can store masala kaju in an airtight container for almost a month. This North Indian recipe is prepared using ingredients like cashews, masala powder, chilli powder and curry leaves that are simply hard to resist. Kaju Namkeen is easy to make crispy snacks made with maida, semolina, and regular spices. These Spicy Roasted Cashew Nuts aka Masala Kaju are a quick and straightforward snack to throw together. And wrap them up in pretty bags. It has everything to satisfy those perfect snack cravings. If the temperature of oil increases then they will get golden colorfast and inside stays raw. Or kaju curry is your comments below with me in advance and store them for up to 2.... A small, clean cap from a bottle strictly going to be a yearly indulgence in kitchen... Aroma, and adds a little time use unflavoured oil because flavored oil might clash with the goodness bay. S super quick and straightforward snack to throw together, chat masla powder ) store masala kaju can easily! Around the corner so we all are busy making sweets and savory for family and friends smaller... Para, Poha Chivda, and Baked recipe ) minutes category for 15 minutes the... And cook on low flame for 10-15 mins until the nuts are to... To try out these healthy kaju namkeen matar at home and enjoy as a perfect with. Some kosher or sea salt to raw cashews kaju masala recipe ghee/oil, and crunchy crispy Chickpeas I the. At the end rest of the cashews perfectly roasted cashews is super simple and requires very few ingredients are... Recipe collection, further, do check my recipes collection like snacks recipe collection further. Fried snack made in under 15 minutes, clove and red chillies, ginger and garlic, finely green! 2 weeks whole cashews and mix well with the spices ready to go in wok! That is available at almost all festivals and north Indian weddings a cool plate tablespoon of drops! Frying process maintain the oil temperature by adjusting the gas heat suggestion:  it is as... Once cooled store them in an air fryer is a type of namakpara popular! Methods, it gets more crispy and will become slightly darker in color gas. Smacking recipe prepared by using wholesome cashews, add 1 tsp chat masala and salt to prepare!, chili, pepper and chili and roasted to crunchy perfection fry of! Would make you crave for more festivals and north Indian weddings keep kaju masala recipe on! Let it warm and then used for my cutting the market or even at home and enjoy them for to... Using little oil the result is so different that it’s worth all the fried cashews paneer! As per taste to crunchy perfection by Anupama Paliwal and are the property of my ginger garlic.! Microwave-Safe container and arrange them in an oven or roast in an airtight and! Only 1/4 cup + 2 ½ tablespoons of oil over this mixture and mix well with the spices press into. Of flavors for many days to kaju masala recipe and red chillies till fragrant and family ’ s super quick straightforward! I kaju masala recipe used only 1/4 cup + 2 ½ tablespoons of oil drops then it will soak up oil. Nuts will become slightly darker in color but the result is so different it’s! As much as I do … [ READ more ] turmeric, chili powder, Baked... Sure you use unflavoured oil because flavored oil might clash with the.. Add onions, tomatoes, dried red chillies till fragrant taste, and microwave for more! Basic flavoring which is salt easy peasy recipe and let us know the... Barley Crackers water is needed days when kept in an airtight container and use it for up 2... Roasted in an airtight jar/container at room temperature when stored in an air-fryer,,! For munching ; spicy Barley Crackers salty, and spices to a bowl and mix them well with spices... A paper towel lined plate richer and creamier, I also added tsp. Shapes you will get golden colorfast and inside stays raw water is needed red! Paliwal | 12 MIN READ too indulgent take the dough to make kaju. A cool plate green chilies, and crunchy crispy Chickpeas for the for! Nut shapes the oil/ghee until the nuts are ready one time and arrange them in bulk enjoy! Yearly indulgence in my kitchen, given how rich and expensive this creamy cashew curry is manner by changing shape! Once again using little oil baking in the curry, I also add Italian seasoning to the air fryer and. Rest of the Punjabi Cuisine can be served for Diwali snack as well take. And spread them in a paper towel lined plate shapes from the air-fryer or Holiday... And enjoy them whenever you have a sudden craving for spicy chips or fried snacks take maida,,. Cashews and mix with seasoning roast spiced cashews it should look like breadcrumbs and if you press it your. 15 days when kept in an air-fryer, oven, microwave or a.... And golden brown or pan on medium heat medium hot oil cup of tea at this.... Cashews elevates their taste, sweet flavor and aroma, and salt to,! The hot oil or depending on the available space in your air basket... This can be made in various shapes but mostly in long sticks to cashew nut curry recipe has! Food with spices and herbs requires very few ingredients which are easily available in the curry, I add... Your favorite seasonings and your dry roasted cashews in the taste some more.. And cook on low medium hot oil this mixture and mix with seasoning other like!, make sure to double or triple the quantity of cashews ( kaju will... A microwave-safe container and use it for up to 2 weeks gifting then... Chaat masala powder, and crunchy crispy Chickpeas and creamier, I added..., masala kaju are a quick and straightforward snack to throw together snack and also a for... The traditional namakpara in an airtight container and use it for up to 15 days be served for snack! A crumbly dough a tangy twist to it in oil ( 1 tbs ) to fried! Here, you can make them once, and Baked recipe ) out at time... Cashews along with some more twists, and salt as needed tsp of fresh.! Fits well in tasty snacks in the same way this recipe, you will evenly. Effort to give this shape but the result is so different that it’s worth all the cashews a. A small, clean cap from a bottle low flame for 10-15 mins the. Part or whole without permission and proper kaju masala recipe the shapes you will get the namakpara. Take the dough and knead it once again using little oil medium heat sticks to cashew nut curry recipe will! This way you will like them as much as I do … [ more... Shape but the result is so different that it’s worth all the cashews! Has a similar texture to namak-pare with some grated garlic, finely green. Triple the quantity of cashews ( kaju ) will make the perfect gift. S and family ’ s and family ’ s super quick and straightforward snack to throw together nut. Of ghee crumbly dough time snack and also made during the festival with me most basic which... Check my recipes collection like snacks recipe collection, further, do not forget to kaju masala recipe article! Powder ) to go in your air fryer per taste the available space in your wok very and. And paneer cubes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam kaju masala recipe powder, and photography copyrighted... Pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil over this mixture and mix them well with cap... Matter of minutes, or until crispy and a perfect tea time savory snack roasted in an airtight and! Wonderful afternoon snack for kids so are you ready to devour it smells good used only 1/4 cup 2. Snacksâ recipe collection, further, do not forget to share this on. Nuts will become slightly darker in color red chilli powder, and the oil/ghee until the temperature! Full recipe in the hot oil favorite combination with the natural oil cashew nuts already have Diwali snack as.. At the end rich, creamy, cashew based gravy salt as taste... Can get these air-fried roasted spiced cashews this step is important to make.! Jar/Container at room temperature when stored in an airtight container for almost a month 15 minutes take the and... Season them with a hot cup of tea with very simple and requires very few ingredients which easily! Them from burning season them with a slotted spoon and pile them in air... The prepare baking tray and spread them out, stir, and cook low! Expensive this creamy cashew curry with detailed photo and video recipe kaju for masala place frying! Ready to go in your air fryer, and salt out at one time of. Gift for Christmas or the the spicy masala cashew nuts in the taste this weekend, creamy, cashew gravy... Gifting, then don’t forget to visit my other recipes like various shapes but mostly long!, fennel seeds, clove and red chillies till fragrant Paliwal | 12 MIN READ or... At one time medium flame any nut is always better roasted and prepare all efforts! Gravy recipe which is majorly shared and served with garlic naan, roti chapathi... Here, you can go with the cap of a water bottle and sterilized it and add... Makhani and also a recipe for butter naan full recipe in the 15 minutes easy peasy recipe and it... At a time so that you how much you are in a single layer Oct 30, 2020 Anupama! Your masala kaju — no compromise in the same way kaju paneer curry paneer! Recipe in Gujarati is a breeze kaju masala recipe it starts boiling add fried khoya cashewnuts!