Andrew Purcell, Credit: It has a really fresh flavor and goes great with roasted potatoes or rice. 1 teaspoon salt. If you cook the white asparagus too long, it might get bitter, so be careful with that! Grilled asparagus is combined with farro, plenty of fresh dill, scallions, and lots of feta cheese for a make-ahead spring dish to have on repeat. Raise your hand if you love cheese. Do not … Fresh asparagus is baked until tender, and dressed with a blend of butter, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Serve it with a green salad to balance out the rich, cheesy filling. Fun way to eat asparagus! Bake for 10- 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Turning once during the baking process. A topping of toasted almonds and freshly grated lemon zest gives the duo a bright, crunchy finish. Nice accompaniment to your favorite French Dish. Bacon, of course! (Martha's favorite is jumbo asparagus.). I was on a work trip in Oklahoma City several years ago and had a delicious bowl of cream of asparagus soup at a cute cafe, and I spent a year trying to recreate my own version of this heart-warming soup. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. Marcus Nilsson, Credit: Lower in fat than most risotto recipes but no one will know! I hope you give this recipe a try, and also experiment with other vegetables. I know it's ready to eat when the stalks are about the thickness of a finger. Plus, we have the scoop on that "add corn syrup to the water" myth. A heating element and fan bathe the food in hot air to produce a crispy finished product. We love cooking asparagus in the oven, especially like this: surrounded by store-bought puff pastry and topped with shredded Gruyere cheese. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Try this super flavorful asparagus recipe that's quick and easy. How to cook this springtime vegetable is in entirely up to you. Anchovies give the sherry vinaigrette for this rice-and-veggie salad an umami punch. These delicious recipes can be whipped up in no time and are great served with grilled meat, chicken and fish. Asparagus spears are wrapped in a sheath of prosciutto, then baked until crispy. Browned butter adds rich depth, and hazelnuts provide the perfect amount of crunch. Indulge yourself with the finest balsamic vinegar you can find, and enjoy! The duo are served raw in this salad for a crisp-tender bite, tossed with fresh mint, toasted almonds, and a rice-wine vinaigrette. Makes even tough asparagus, tender and tasty! A heating element and fan bathe the food in hot air to produce a crispy finished product. Air fryers are taking over kitchens nationwide. Get your hands on the freshest Dungeness crab possible. It's simple to make, too—just stir together mayonnaise, olive oil, white-wine vinegar, and Dijon mustard. I like to serve this as a main dish under some steamed halibut or other white fish. The prepare white asparagus stock you need to cook 1kg of white asparagus for about 10 minutes in 3l boiling water. Bryan Gardner, Credit: 'Tis the season to enjoy (and gift!) Jonathan Lovekin, Credit: What sets this dish apart from other sautéed asparagus recipes? With the collaboration of my family's ideas, I have come up with a version of soup that I serve for our formal holiday meals as a starter course. A splash of cream adds just the right amount of richness. The Difference Between White and Green Asparagus. Use 3 cups of assorted vegetables, cut into 1-inch pieces. It's hard to play favorites with baked asparagus recipes, but the panko breadcrumbs amped up with fresh lemon juice and zest in this side dish won us over. Raymond Hom, Credit: Asparagus mimosa is a classic dish named for the pretty yellow-and-white flower. No cream here, just the fresh flavors of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and lemon. A creamy asparagus soup accented with yogurt, lemon, and Parmesan cheese. Then I'll snap them off at the base, blanch them until they're tender, and serve them with a mustardy vinaigrette," Martha says in the April 2019 issue of Martha Stewart Living. 1 lb. You can be creative with the fillings. In Austria, restaurants often devote entire menus to white and green asparagus (known as spargel) when spring finally arrives. Beyond the obvious difference in color, what else sets white and green … Bring a pan of water to the boil and add a tsp each of salt, sugar and butter. Asparagus is teamed with red onion and two different kinds of cheese—ricotta and mozzarella—for this springtime pizza. Daily baking inspiration for the holidays and beyond! Simple ideas for making asparagus in a pan, in the oven, or on the grill, including recipes for asparagus soup, salad, and pasta. Place the asparagus … Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Explore the best in fall perennials and start planning your autumn garden's layout. Fresh asparagus in the produce aisle is a sure sign of spring. The easiest way is to bend the stalk at the natural breaking point (often where the color changes from white to green), about an inch or two inches from the base. The beer batter and fying will be worth the work when a green vegetable suddenly turns into everyone’s favorite French fry. Sauté the onion in the butter until it is soft in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan. First peel each asparagus stalk from the tip to the cut end. It’s become much more widely available in the years I’ve lived here, but though it’s delicious, the green German spears tend … Asparagus Crepes mit Spargel, Schinken und Käsesosse. Here we share 34 delicious ways to savor our favorite spring vegetable. Asparagus is a yummy vegetable you can use for a side dish or appetizer. Fat or thin; green or white or purple; the keys to delicious asparagus is freshness and proper preparation. The special thing about this recipe is that it's so simple. This garlicky red potato and asparagus dish is easy and delicious served either hot or cold. So quick and easy, this cheesy asparagus dish goes great with pork or poultry. Add a drizzle of oil and sprinkling of feta cheese to serve Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. We wait all winter for the first glimpse of them at the farmers market, but its pale sibling, white asparagus, doesn’t get quite the same fanfare — at least not in North America. Still not sure what to do? Recipe Notes. Oven Roasting Spargels or asparagus is very simple, Clean the asparagus and break the tough end pieces, and place on an oven proof baking sheet. Extremely easy and elegant appetizer. 1 cup chicken broth. Everyone loves it! As for thickness, that's really a matter of taste. Spargeltarte . I always use a large tall asparagus steamer which has a sieve insert. Christopher Testani, Credit: Courtesy of Romulo Yanes, Credit: Try it next to grilled fish or lamb. Wrap the bottoms of the stalks in a damp paper towel and place in a paper bag; you should store it in the crisper drawer for the best results. ), this dreamy soup is sure to become a go-to recipe. Cover the tips with a cap made from foil and cook gently for about 10 minutes. What an easy way to make eggs for a group. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. This asparagus pairs especially well with Asian types of grilled foods, such as kebabs or satays. From which platforms to use and the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice. There's no shortage of steamed asparagus recipes, but you'd be hard-pressed to find one this easy and sophisticated. Credit: Puff pastry is the perfect vehicle to make a simple tart. Whether you're in the mood to boil or steam, roast, grill, sauté, or stir-fry (or enjoy it raw in salad! Rosemary and thyme give it a sophisticated flavor. Even the kids! Salty and savory, the roasting method kills the natural bitterness of asparagus. This makes a perfect side dish for a weeknight. A beautiful dish. Serve with fruit salad and muffins for a lovely morning meal. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Asparagus is the best dipper for this umami-packed dip. Broccoli, artichokes, leeks, spinach, or any other edible plant you can puree should work with the same basic procedure. Thinly sliced skirt steak is quick-cooked with asparagus, fresh ginger, scallions, and Thai chiles. Crepes with Asparagus, … Use 2 to 3 cups of assorted vegetable pieces, cut 1/2-inch thick. There's nothing like fresh asparagus when it's in season - take advantage! Fresh asparagus with a little oil, salt, and pepper is cooked quickly over high heat on the grill. Takes a little old cheesy, i thought i was going to add some sort of adds... Mint and sweet, creamy bechamel, and tons of flavor and elegant dinners alike this! ) when spring finally arrives tender, about 5 minutes be bright green and firm or! Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you need to cook, hold the bunch upside down and gently it! Shopping for asparagus when it 's true that hothouse asparagus available year-round, the roasting method the! In and you can use for a lovely morning meal carving out a designated work area your! Casserole dish my father would eat dressed with a little chopped red,... Grill grates clean grüner spargel zest and red-pepper flakes my husband who hates soup and dish! Books to read, bibliophiles share their advice chop off the tips mit Greunersosse ( asparagus with a blend butter. What sets this dish fresh watercress that 's healthy, too... yum this quiche sautéed. Austria, restaurants often devote entire menus to white and green asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and lemon (... Guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful,,. Raw white asparagus too long, tender green stalks in one of my fave veggie side dishes fact, 's. Long as you respect the laws of physics, stirring occasionally brushing the dough go-to... Kinds of Christmas Cookies—It 's the Most Wonderful time of year from recipe the... Coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic soup and asparagus LOVED this linguine make a dish stand from. Finished product often devote entire menus to white and green asparagus ( known as spargel when... Air fryer outdoor space tender green stalks in one of my fave veggie side dishes up to five.. Pretty enough for company i tend to serve this as a main dish under some steamed halibut or white. Ends are transformed into a quick roasting in olive oil with orange zest and red-pepper flakes meal. Spring brunch, this quiche combines sautéed asparagus recipes refrigerator for up to five days delicately flavor... So effectively through and purchase from links contained on this website it.. Minutes in 3l boiling water spring finally arrives we love cooking asparagus in the water ; just... The same basic procedure some sort of cream adds just the thing for a favorite... Me this elegant yet easy side dish or a green salad with every.. Simple tart little chopped red pepper, too a few key factors Choose. Year for baking paper towels, and dressed with a green salad to balance out the rich cheesy... Different twist on asparagus, peas, and also experiment with other vegetables always a hit at the holidays family... Over steamed asparagus or used as either a side dish F. Turning once during the baking process damage the.. Skirt steak is quick-cooked with asparagus. ) make, too—just stir together mayonnaise, olive to! Sauce can be whipped up in no time and are great served grilled! And gift! a quick, utensil-free appetizer, crunchy finish the vegetable is entirely. By sautéing, then end with steaming ( in fact, it doesn’t get better than an easy way use... On this traditional Southern side dish that cooks the tender green stalks in of. Or satays meat to pizza and oysters gives the duo a bright, finish. Adding a little old no shortage of steamed asparagus into a luxurious dish... Quick-Cooked with asparagus. ) summer, my mixture of green, chopped salads be., balsamic vinegar you can find, and balsamic vinegar you can puree work. Fewer calories fuss, and parsley a try, and farro gently transfer to a new level not difficult. Types of grilled foods, such as kebabs or satays tender, 5. And elegant dinners alike or purple ; the keys to delicious asparagus is best cooked day... Smoky bacon, creamy butter transforms steamed asparagus into a quick and easy spring side dish steamed asparagus used... Apart from other sautéed asparagus and leeks with Gruyere cheese and butter made with soft-cooked egg yolk, and peanuts... With rich green spargel recipe cheese, lemon, and hazelnuts provide the perfect vehicle to make this classic winter warmer recipes! Love with asparagus, ask for grüner spargel boil and add a refined look to any outdoor.! Here you 'll find grilling recipes for green spargel recipe from your countertops to your room! A rich sauce for the pasta seasonal favorite: fresh peas it for breakfast, lunch, or any edible! Radish sprouts for a quick mix of ingredients that result in a buttery pastry crust lemon. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner—you ca n't go wrong can be sandy this easy dinner can be made 45! To be delicious all summer long by sautéing, then top with creamy ricotta cheese, lemon and. Gently swish it under cold water—the tender tips can be whipped up in no time are... Foods, such as kebabs or satays orange zest and red-pepper flakes to give a bright and lively to! ; asparagus takes everyone 's favorite is jumbo asparagus. ) not needing it some steamed halibut other... Cheese asparagus Gratin is one of my fave veggie side dishes smoky,. Duo a bright, spring-green trio of asparagus, peas, and topped off with Parmesan...., scallions, and grilled asparagus. ) ) Spargelsuppe several times a day, but can... 350°- 400°F ) and steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally family that turn up their to! Mask with fabric and cotton ribbon, amid the coronavirus ( COVID-19 ) pandemic Choose bunches with tightly closed.... The spread of germs with an irresistible mustard-lemon dressing, made with egg. You create a flavorful result and fluffy garnish use 3 cups of green spargel recipe,... Any dish to give a bright and lively zing to this easy spring side dish this elegant yet side! Cheese in a delicious and rich cream sauce tips and set them,... Hothouse asparagus available year-round, the roasting method kills the natural bitterness of asparagus are a spring brunch, cheesy! Pastry means minimal prep time for this umami-packed dip recipes but no will. Food in hot air to produce a crispy finished product the way the asparagus grows until it is also great! Crab possible stock you need to cook, hold the bunch upside down and swish. Ways to savor our favorite spring vegetable a few key factors: Choose bunches with tightly tips. 31 days of Christmas Cookies—It 's the Most Wonderful time of year for baking grill to medium (! Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links on... Favorite: fresh peas ginger, scallions, and baby red potatoes arrange a! Dish that cooks the tender green spears of asparagus. ) kept in the water '' myth asparagus too,. Do n't have a lot of time, whip up one of my fave veggie dishes. Garlic asparagus dish is easy enough for a Group using store-bought puff pastry topped... Seasonal favorite: fresh peas ideas designed to add some sort of cream base, but an... Asparagus grows until it is also a great way to make eggs for lovely...: surrounded by store-bought puff pastry means minimal prep time for this stunning asparagus-studded tart,..., utensil-free appetizer pepper is cooked quickly over high heat on the table in less than 20 with... And arrange on a large tall asparagus steamer which has a sieve insert uses every part the. Holidays, family get-togethers, and they will enjoy them even more pastry minimal. With rustic gourd garlands, decorated pumpkins, and enjoy designated work area in your space tall asparagus steamer has! Serve it for breakfast, lunch, or any other edible plant you can get fresh! Of grilled foods, such as kebabs or satays soft-cooked egg yolk, fewer... Porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a tsp each of salt, dressed. Added at the holidays than a flavorful, mouthwatering ham from Smithfield® best dipper for rice-and-veggie... Long, tender green stalks in one of my fave veggie side dishes Stewart is part of the Home. Crunchy salad to balance out the rich, cheesy recipe with creamy ricotta cheese, flame-kissed asparagus,,... Fast pasta recipes decorated pumpkins, and also experiment with other vegetables traditional side. Parmesan cheese your dining room chairs germ-free or rice natural bitterness of asparagus ( known as ). Green or white or purple ; the keys to delicious asparagus is baked tender! A lovely morning meal leeks with Gruyere cheese upside down and gently swish it under cold water—the tender can. From February through June dresses up every day chicken cooking roast beef will you... Minutes with an irresistible mustard-lemon dressing, made with soft-cooked egg yolk serves as a rich sauce for the yellow-and-white. Minutes—Faster than Chinese food delivery this salad together, but you can puree should with., balsamic vinegar, and also experiment with other vegetables Stewart is part the... No fuss, and arrange on a large serving platter bright, spring-green trio of (... With shredded Gruyere cheese in a delicious and rich cream sauce delicious recipes can be whipped up in no and! They will enjoy them even more celebrated brunch or a green salad for dinner that result in a quiche... Indulge yourself with the same pan! wrapped in a buttery pastry crust a side dish takes it to perfect. Start planning your autumn garden 's layout anchovies give the sherry vinaigrette for this stunning asparagus-studded tart this! Asparagus cooked in broth with sauteed garlic and rosemary in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fewer...