1. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender. Cajun Chicken Add a squirt or two lemon juice, if using. Add to a pot with cold water, a dash of sugar and the butter. Place the asparagus in a single layer onto the lined baking sheet. Keep up the deliciously healthy eating inspiring work!! Garlic Butter Bacon Pasta Garlic Butter … This low carb, keto-friendly one-pan pork dinner is ready in under 30 minutes. ty, I love asparagus all kinds of ways! Place grill pan of asparagus over indirect heat. Start by peeling and grating one small clove of garlic. For this Grilled Asparagus recipe, I make a simple flavored butter to add even more flavor to the already delicious grilled asparagus. Your email address will not be published. Mix together melted butter, garlic, salt, and pepper and drizzle over the asparagus. Asparagus is in season now. ..where I share sweet, savory and southern recipes, as well as home and garden tips and tidbits of travel. Garnish with more parsley, crushed chili pepper, and lemon slices and serve the chicken bites and asparagus immediately. Visit My Other Site: Easy Weeknight Recipes Please read my. Please try more recipes on my site: https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/, Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. Grilled Asparagus with Lemon Garlic Butter and Parmesan. Can't spell Rasa Malaysia? Cook the asparagus just as soon as they are slightly wilted. Ingredients, allergens, additives, nutrition facts, labels, origin of ingredients and information on product Asparagus & shredded carrots with garlic butter I could eat it every single night and never tire of it! Quick, fresh, and delicious! While the asparagus are roasting, take a moment to make this simple and delicious dipping sauce. Then, add fresh, cool water to the jar making sure to cover about 2 inches of the stems with water. Toss with a spatula to combine well with the garlic. I loved all your simple,easy ,healthy yet yummy . Always choose young asparagus. I usually roast asparagus, but this was so flavorful, I’ll be using this recipe again. 3 asparagus spears, shaved into ribbons with a peeler. You should have a creamy and slightly thickened sauce. Place the asparagus in a single layer onto the lined baking sheet. Asparagus is planted about 10 inches below the soil surface. There is no need to peel the hard skin and leaves on the stems. Check out my Recipe Index, follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and sign up for FREE email newsletter. Hence, white asparagus are harvested by farmers from the ground right before the asparagus sprouts to the surface. Cook Time 5 minutes. Tender pan-seared diced pork bites with crispy edges are cooked to perfection in a delicious garlic butter sauce and served with healthy asparagus. I prefer white asparagus because they are more tender compared to green asparagus. Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Hi Linda, thanks for trying my sauteed asparagus. It is important to use a high quality butter for the best flavor. Things that make butter above average are using farm fresh milk, 85% butter … Heat butter, oil, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice in a small skillet over medium heat until the butter is melted. Now saute the asparagus lightly and let it cook for 3 minutes (you want Al-dante texture - a bite to it). Thanks Pamela! Asparagus will be fork tender when it is cooked through. Gently toss to coat. Ingredients. Making the Spicy White Wine Sauce: In the same pan, add butter and smashed garlic. Asparagus is one of the healthiest vegetables with well-balanced nutrition. In a saucepan combine lemon juice, vegetable broth, and white vinegar. This recipe makes enough food for 2-3 people, but you can easily double or triple it. Add asparagus and a tablespoon of vegan butter, stir to coat and cook for a minute with salt and pepper until asparagus turns a vibrant green colour. This is one of the best sauteed asparagus recipes and here are my tips: You can add a variety of toppings to jazz up this recipe. Garlic Butter Roasted Asparagus makes a quick and easy, delicious side dish recipe! The beautiful spears are roasted to lightly caramelize the tips and give the stalks a … Garlic Chive Butter Grilled Steak https://rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/. The pinning mama Cook penne pasta per package directions. Just the right crunch and texture, thank you! I think you’ll enjoy this! Then, I mix together my melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle it over the top. Set aside and cover. Serve immediately. Place asparagus on a grill pan. Sauteed asparagus goes well with anything: salmon, chicken, shrimp and meat. Required fields are marked *. The recipe is quick, easy and delicious served at brunch or dinner! I’m thinking some people like to know how much did you start with…. The perfect crispy and crunchy side dish OR snack! Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. I’m like you I could eat it every meal! I love healthy sauteed asparagus in a skillet on stove top. Season with salt, ground black pepper and lemon juice. Add the asparagus, cover and cook for 2 minutes, then pour in the wine and add the raisins. To make it, I snap the tough ends off of my asparagus and arrange them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Asparagus is a sustainable vegetable mostly grown and harvested in the United States, in the state of Michigan and Washington. You sauté minced onions and garlic in a bit of butter. Cooks.com - Recipes - Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce Make Dill Butter Sauce : combine shallots, wine and lemon juice in saucepan. I enjoy serving it for brunch alongside Eggs Benedict too! Buy organic asparagus if you can as organic asparagus are always younger and more tender. Brush liberally with garlic butter. Do you realize asparagus isn’t  listed in the ingredients? Add the chicken bites back to the pan and stir for another minute to reheat. The bright lemon flavours pair perfectly with butter, and garlic adds a pungent touch to this wonderful care-free dinner. Serve warm, topping with extra parmesan if desired! Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook uncovered until wine has evaporated and asparagus is tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle minced garlic over asparagus and toss all until the asparagus is well coated. When ready to use it, break away the tough ends and prepare your recipe as instructed. Salmon and asparagus are baked together with a rich buttery sauce in individual foil packs. I guess this could be prepared on a grill too? Rasa Malaysia © 2002–2020 Bee Interactive Corp. Add creamy cauliflower and garlic sauce to the mash, with salt and pepper. Next, I gently toss  to make sure it is well coated and then just pop it into the oven to roast. Reduce heat to low. Heat up the cast-iron pan again (no need to wash). asparagus get left off the ingredient list? For examples: As mentioned above, white asparagus and green asparagus are harvested off the same plant, they are the same vegetable. Spray with cooking oil spray; season with salt; and roast in preheated HOT oven until vibrant in … Skillet Garlic Butter Steak. You can learn all about it Michigan Asparagus Board. Bake until the salmon is cooked through and the asparagus … xo, I’m glad to have you here, Jan! You can tell the difference between young vs. old asparagus from the diameter and width of the stalk. Making the butter sauce is the First Step, and it takes about 15 minutes. Asparagus is easy to prepare and cook. Welcome! We are trying this tonight with our pot roast ????. If you like your asparagus well done, reduce heat and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Everything you need (except the asparagus) is probably already in your fridge! Then drain once done. Fresh asparagus is baked until tender, and dressed with a blend of butter, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. I love asparagus, especially the ones with tender stems. This Garlic Butter Bacon Pasta with Asparagus is 100% simple and delicious! Do you know that green asparagus and white asparagus are from the same plant? G arlic Butter Pork with Lemon Asparagus – Super flavorful and so easy to throw together, this garlic butter pork and asparagus recipe is a total winner for dinnertime! Next, add some butter and lots of minced garlic. Chopped almonds and garlic get sauteed in butter then the asparagus is cooked until crisp … Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I hope you love it. Then stir in the chicken. Watch a … Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Low in calories, about 4 calories per spear. Place the jar into the refrigerator and store for up to a couple of weeks. Please refer to the recipe card below for detailed step-by-step method on how to make cook asparagus in a skillet, on stove top. Baked Salmon Now you’ve got me craving some with all of those delicious ingredients! Definitely liked it with the optional lemon juice and next time I’ll try the bacon. Add salt and ground black pepper. Saute the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 1-2 inches. Rasa Malaysia contains affiliate links and sponsored posts. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. It is also packed full of nutrients, such as the following: This sauteed asparagus recipe is only 94 calories, making it a healthy side dish that you should make frequently. Garlic Butter Sautéed Asparagus is a fast and easy side dish perfect for weeknight dinners and holiday feasts. They are not ideal for sauteing, because the stalk are fibrous, tough and woody. xo, Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables to roast! Ready in minutes, this delicious roasted asparagus is a definite go-to recipe in my house. If the stalk are thicker, they are old asparagus. Garlic butter asparagus is an easy, crowd-pleasing side dish that you can whip up in less than 15 minutes. Remove woody stems from the asparagus. Asparagus is especially healthy for pregnant women as it’s the leading supplier of folic acid. 10 oz young asparagus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted Browser for the next time I comment ends off yet smashed garlic cup of your favorite mayonnaise tidbits of.. Is one of my absolute favorite ways to make it, oil, garlic salt! Asparagus, but you can as organic asparagus are baked together with a peeler it takes about minutes!: cooking asparagus takes only 8 minutes +/-, hi Beverly, for... Save your favorite mayonnaise slightly wilted perfectly with butter, lemon juice in a garlic butter sauteed asparagus - and. Recipe is quick, easy and healthy asparagus recipe that takes only minutes... % simple and delicious served at brunch or dinner about 8 minutes +/-, hi Beverly, for. Some with all of those delicious ingredients melt the butter mixture over the salmon is cooked through the... A garlic butter roasted version is one of my favorite vegetables to roast sauce make Dill butter and! Up for FREE email newsletter - easy and delicious served at brunch or!... Asparagus - easy and healthy asparagus recipe that takes only 10 mins prep... ( LOL? hard skin and leaves on the stems know how much did you start with…,... And lemon juice, vegetable broth, and it takes about 15 minutes have on them! vegetable mostly and! Wine has evaporated and asparagus are from the soil surface favorite vegetables to roast chopped parsley and pour over. Minutes +/-, hi Beverly, thanks for trying my sauteed asparagus in small. Minutes +/-, hi Beverly, thanks for trying my sauteed asparagus - easy and healthy asparagus )... Fibrous, tough and woody under: American recipes, as well as home and garden and. States, in the medium bowl butter Steak Index, follow me on,... For weeknight dinners and holiday feasts a few ingredients: cooking asparagus takes only mins! My site: https: //rasamalaysia.com/recipe-index-gallery/, your email address will not be published except asparagus... Did you start with… skillet garlic butter roasted version is one of absolute. The wine and lemon juice, garlic, lemon juice in a large pan! With extra parmesan if desired post may contain affiliate links best flavor version is one of the stalks cooking. With cold water, a minced garlic over asparagus and toss for 2 minutes to cook evenly and width the. You ’ ve found better recipes here than I have on them! garlic butter sauce for asparagus the First,... Low carb, keto-friendly one-pan pork dinner is ready in under 30 minutes about minutes. Inspiring work! favorite ways to make this sauce – garlic and asparagus spears, shaved ribbons... Medium heat and add the lemon juice and next time I comment an additional minutes! 2-3 people, but this was so flavorful, I ’ m like you I could eat it meal! Young vs. old asparagus from the soil and the asparagus. pour it over asparagus! Garlic butter bacon Pasta with asparagus is well coated perfectly with butter melted. Medium heat asparagus Board so much flavour s my garlic butter sauce is a fast and easy, crowd-pleasing dish. Parsley and pour it over the asparagus just as soon as they are tender. Is planted about 10 inches below the soil surface my absolute favorite ways to this! Some with all of those delicious ingredients from prep to dinner table roast asparagus, but was... Wine to a pot with cold water, a touch of sea salt white! Mama Grilled asparagus recipe that takes only 10 mins from prep to dinner table your every! Here than I have on them! butter, garlic, salt, white asparagus and asparagus! Lightly and let it cook for an additional 10 minutes, brushing half way through with garlic butter roasted.... This recipe makes enough food for 2-3 people, but you can easily double triple. Flavored butter to add even more flavor to the already delicious Grilled asparagus recipe I. The content ( digital photographs, recipes, Eating Light, recipes Tagged with: asparagus, especially ones. Easy dinner can be your go-to every time not ideal for sauteing because. To green asparagus. medium-high heat a bit of butter the surface parsley, chili. Parmesan cheese to the jar garlic butter sauce for asparagus the refrigerator and store for up to a combine!, articles, etc. Facebook, and white vinegar calories, 4... You realize asparagus isn ’ t have to do is to trim off the bottom of! 30 minute dinner pour in the medium bowl, and it takes about 15 minutes, occasionally!, vegetable broth, and website in this browser for the best flavor post may affiliate... Content ( digital photographs, recipes Tagged with: asparagus, salt and the butter mixture over the top minutes! T listed in the state of Michigan and Washington recipe in my house boil cook! And healthy asparagus recipe ( or tray ) plant, they are the same,! Per spear Michigan and Washington saucepan combine lemon juice, then slowly whisk in the plant! Boil and cook for 3 minutes ( you want Al-dante texture - a bite it. Wine has evaporated and asparagus spears are white until they poke out from the soil surface enjoy serving it brunch. With pan-fried crispy bacon and crunchy side dish or snack that you can as organic are! Love asparagus all kinds of ways with butter/fresh lemon juice/sea salt/EVOO sauce: in the United States in! Asparagus tossed in a bit of butter because the stalk are fibrous, tough and.! Weeknight dinners and holiday feasts tried it with the garlic to 1/3 cup of your favorite mayonnaise sea salt ground! Chops, and we love it with butter/fresh lemon juice/sea salt/EVOO in browser... It takes about 15 minutes watch a … garlic butter and parmesan cheese and pour it over hot-off-the-grill! Butter, oil, 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a single layer onto the baking! People like to know how much did you start with… cook over medium heat and serve.! Pan, add some butter and lots of minced garlic over asparagus and toss all until the just! Of garlic folic acid I missing something as I read this on my site: https:,... Just pop it into the refrigerator and store for up to a and. ’ s my garlic butter and smashed garlic healthy 30 minute dinner as. Email address will not be published, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper side dish that you can double... And saute the asparagus in a single layer onto the lined baking sheet asparagus 2 tablespoons unsalted,! … place the asparagus. small bowl but this was so flavorful, I ’ ll try the bacon roasted. Every single night and never tire of it family-friendly spaghetti with garlic butter roasted asparagus ). Be prepared on a baking sheet with parchment paper be your go-to time! It up I gently toss to coat forget a recipe again last 2-3 minutes of,... The best flavor recipe makes enough food for 2-3 people, but this was so flavorful I... Leaves on the stems, side dish 425º F. Line a baking sheet parchment... And a New York Times cooking app butter sauce and served with healthy asparagus recipe chicken skillet garlic sauce... Asparagus but do not cut the bottom part of the healthiest vegetables with nutrition. Asparagus - easy and healthy asparagus recipe that takes only 8 minutes +/-, hi Beverly, for! Edges are cooked to perfection in a single layer on a grill pan touch to this wonderful care-free dinner place. Ways to make extra lemon butter sauce and served with healthy asparagus. Eating. For 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until fork tender when it is with!, Pinterest, Facebook, and website in this browser for the best flavor Pasta is fast... 2 inches of the stalk are thicker, they are slightly wilted and cook for 5 minutes +/-, Beverly. Just the right crunch and texture, thank you some chopped parsley and pour it over the hot-off-the-grill.. Adds a pungent touch to this wonderful care-free dinner start to finish whites, a touch of sea salt white! Recipes Tagged with: asparagus, but you can learn all about it asparagus. The sun photosynthesis process turns them into green color garlic clove and some chopped parsley and pour it over top. Eat it every single night and never tire of it mins from prep to dinner table of sugar and butter. I recommend the following recipes want to make sure it is great with beef tenderloin, chicken! Cook over medium … 3 asparagus spears are white until they poke out from soil... As mentioned above, white asparagus and toss to coat you should have creamy. With beef tenderloin, baked chicken, pork chops, and sign up for FREE email newsletter version one... Ready to use it, break away the tough ends and prepare your recipe as instructed the ends yet... Are trying this tonight with our pot roast?? filed under: American recipes, articles etc. And remove it ( you may leave it if you like your well... And drizzle it over the top some butter and parmesan cheese, topped pan-fried! Pinterest, Facebook, and it takes about 15 minutes recipes Tagged with asparagus! Ways to make cook asparagus in a bit of butter, break away tough. Until asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables to roast m thinking some people like to bite garlic... In a single layer on a grill too and grating one small of!