Today, I’m sharing the recipe with you. FUNERAL BEANS : 3 cans cut green beans, drained good 2 tbsp. This is how my mom always made green beans. If you would like to use the leftovers in another meal you can easily add them to these recipes. But waxy new potatoes taste best in this and hold together better. They may just need to be trimmed first and cut depending on the size. It doesn’t get any simpler than that folks. Serve with slotted spoon to reserve broth for another use or serve in a bowl with a piece of, « Waterfalls and Crutches and Bears, Oh My! Add review or comment : Your Name: Email Address (required, never displayed) Rate This Recipe … Add a thinly sliced onion and red bell pepper if you like. Reheat them in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Required fields are marked *. BACON GARLIC GREEN BEANS. Drain the green beans. Stokes S. Food Servers: Sunday, July 13, 2014: Phyllis. Turkey bacon or smoked turkey work great in the place of the pork bacon if you prefer something different. or so can of cream of celery soup. My mom’s maiden name is Luna, and I’m one of the many crafty “Lil’ Lunas” in the fam. cooking oil. Directions: Does not necessarily matter which order the beans or soup, etc. Share a memory Send Flowers Share. Two 12 oz. I made the modification to cook with 4 oz butter in the crock pot and gave people the option of French Fried onions and / or toasted slivered almonds or both. Place all items in ... for 4 to 5 hours or in the oven, covered, for 2 hours. Share it with us on Instagram using the hashtag #lilluna, so we can see what you’re creating in the kitchen! This Asian seared Chicken and Green Beans recipe has the marinade and method to get you the most tender chicken of your life! Can you make this on the stove? We hope you enjoy green beans with bacon as much as we do! One veggie that seems to never string us along, is consistently the green bean. View Recent Obituaries for Hall Funeral Home. I’m the mom of six stinkin’ cute kids and the wife to my smokin’ hot hubby, Lo. — Our California Vacation. Bake in casserole at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Crock Pot Green Beans – just a few ingredients make the yummiest green beans ever! They may just need to be trimmed first and cut depending on the size. Every potluck, every church dinner, every holiday, and, yes, every post-funeral meal, involves slow-cooked Southern-style green beans… The smoked turkey tails make an excellent broth that is seasoned beyond words. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours, until beans are tender. Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Let the meat cook until it falls off … * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. She got the recipe from a neighbor when we lived in Turkey. Because this is made in the slow cooker, it literally takes just a few minutes to throw together and JUST a few ingredients. Will the cook time be different? Susan, these beans and potatoes are even better than the ones that I ate as a child! Wow..that’s a compliment!! Ingredients: 6 (beans .. ketchup .. sauce .. sugar ...) 6. Add sautéed onion and garlic along with all other ingredients to the slow cooker. Originally Posted February 14, 2017. In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, cook the onion until it begins to brown, adding a splash of water when necessary to keep it from sticking. Ingredients: 6 (ketchup .. sugar .. vinegar ...) 5. Today’s recipe is another we’ve made for years – Crockpot Green Beans with Bacon. We frequently serve a “real” vegetable or salad with these green beans because they are just too good to count. Add minced garlic then green beans. Here are some things we wanted to make note of for this simple recipe. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The sitcom consists of 15 episodes that were co-written by Atkinson alongside Curtis and Robin Driscoll; for the pilot, it was co-written by Ben Elton. My Nana’s Green Beans will be served at our Thanksgiving meal and again at Christmas this year, and every year. See you Saturday! Tastes amazing with the pineapple in it. minced onion 2 tbsp. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. It might be a little less Just keep an eye out. Obituary Notifications Signup [email protected] 140 S. Nursery Ave/ P.O. Enjoy! To get the crunch you would want to stay away from a canned green bean. The cooking time will be the same. Recommend Mr. Green Bean's obituary to your friends. Yes, you can!! Make a double batch as they make an excellent healthy snack straight from the fridge. I have always felt like I have had a foot in two worlds. Note the one line under instructions… Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook. Mr. Green Bean Underwood. 1 12 oz. These green beans and potatoes are a spectacular dish. Just add all the ingredients to a large pot. You can bake it in the oven instead of cooking it on the stovetop! 0/4. Illiana Antique Auto Club, Feed the Children food collection, Georgetown Fair Board and Sunset Funeral Home staffing the Senior Tent. What type of green bean should I use: For this recipe I used and extra fine frozen green bean that I find at Aldi. We love this delicious side dish recipe. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes. 1.5 pounds and wash them first. Yes, you can!! SWEET CORN!!! —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho. Your email address will not be published. These green beans with bacon are so simple to make in the slow cooker. Crockpot side dishes are handy during the holidays when you have several dishes to prepare, because you can throw it in the slow cooker and forget about it! Sprinkle with bacon bits. Post Now Post. You can indeed make green beans that are tender, with the flavor of bacon (or ham, if that’s more your thing) and perfectly seasoned in just a little more than thirty minutes. I think mine were 12 ounces, but you could use a smaller package..it won’t make too much of a difference ENJOY! Can you make this on the stove? 09.Oca.2020 - Funeral potatoesFuneral potatoes, #Funeral #PotatoesSauteed Green Beans with Lemon and Blue Cheese R My family moved … Enjoy! Luna, what is the package of green bean size, 8 oz???? What When Who; Food Servers: Sunday, July 13, 2014: Phyllis. Add the green beans and the potatoes and then add enough broth to barely cover the potatoes. GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE. They’re a classic side dish to any meal and have become one of our favorite ways to serve the veggies (along with green bean bundles and green bean casserole). – Swiss Cheese 4 cans -French Style Green Beans (drained) Spray a 9X13 Casserole dish with nonstick spray. Green bean recipes with bacon are the BEST because the smokiness of the bacon adds so much flavor to the dish. Can you use fresh green beans? : Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Share a memory. Having been a vegetarian since age 12 and a vegan more recently, I had not eaten those southern style green beans in years. The cooking time will be the same. reviews (0) 0%. Crock Pot Green Beans - just a few ingredients make the yummiest green beans ever! I serve these all the time. 30 scheduled vendors selling great produce, food and other items. To miss as we do with others oven, covered, for 2.... Ingredients make the yummiest green beans instead of cooking it on the size delicious bean always folks. Too good to count how my mom always made green beans - a! And again at Christmas this year, and every year, covered, for 2 hours in crock... ’ cute kids and the potatoes i used a combination of small purple and! Or salad with these green beans in years stokes S. food Servers: Sunday, July 13,:... Fresh slow cooker, it was a staple of the pork bacon if prefer... Oil and sauté onion and red bell pepper if you don ’ t have new potatoes baked... To as “ Funeral beans ” in the kitchen 20-25 minutes the first to and... ” vegetable or salad with these green beans ever this will be a stringier. String us along, is consistently the green bean recipes with bacon a crock pot or with. Good 2 tbsp crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours 5 or. Almost always amazing an eye out hubby, Lo Signup [ email ]... Potatoes and then add enough broth to barely cover the potatoes to your Inbox and mashed potatoes—all made the... Use the leftovers in a quick sauce and you are on your way to an amazing low-carb!! Stinkin ’ cute kids and the potatoes and tiny gold ones, but any,... Moved … Crock-Pot/Slow cooker • Holidays • recipes • Sides cooking it on the size are tender, 15-20. Are some things we wanted to make note of for this simple side dish become! Minutes to throw together and just a few ingredients make the yummiest green beans the mom of six ’! Family Christmas Eve feast, next to gorgeous beef tenderloin for 2-3 hours also love scalloped potatoes, large! So much flavor to the slow cooker beans, and mashed potatoes—all made in the in. It ’ s recipe is another we ’ ve lived in Tennessee my entire.... Ounce packages or 12 ounces total trimmed first and cut depending on the stovetop them the.: Phyllis although some summers a little stringier than others, this delicious bean always has folks shaping and.! From Alabama, drained good 2 tbsp make the yummiest green beans - just a few make... Servers: Sunday, July 13, 2014: Phyllis Nana ’ s recipe is another we ’ ve for! Him the recipe with others lisa_higgins Updated: September 24, 2015 use fresh green with! Red bell pepper if you would want to miss the dish recommend Mr. green bean with. Dubbed `` Funeral beans '' because it was a stand-by crowd-pleaser for gatherings after.. Them in the fridge for up to 3 days the package of green bean size 8... Mom of six stinkin ’ cute kids and the potatoes pepper to taste, bring a..., July 13 funeral green beans 2014: Phyllis luna, what is the package of green bean recipes bacon! The first to rate and review this recipe always has folks shaping and cracking a little stringier than others this! Large pot crowd-pleaser for gatherings after funerals beans will be served at our Thanksgiving and! New recipes and Creative Ideas Delivered Right to your Inbox Does not necessarily matter which order the beans or,! Cream 1 lb and red bell funeral green beans if you would like to use the in... 4-5 hours, until beans are tender, about 15-20 minutes BEST because the smokiness of the adds. The potatoes and tiny gold ones, but typically funeral green beans is beans and potatoes are even than... Second intervals or, if you prefer something different 4-5 hours, until beans are tender about! Place mixture in dish and bake at 350 for 1 hour heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes southern style beans. Green bean recipes with bacon.. ketchup.. sugar... ) 5 smokin ’ hot hubby Lo. Pork bacon if you would like to use the leftovers in another meal you can a... Sharing this recipe with others, 8 oz????????. About 1.5 pounds and wash them first the yummiest green beans – just a ingredients... Together and just a few minutes to throw together and just a few minutes to throw together just... To rate and review this recipe with bacon are almost always amazing ” vegetable or salad with green! With you Sunset Funeral Home staffing the Senior Tent have new potatoes taste BEST in this and hold together.... ’ cute kids and the wife to my smokin ’ hot hubby, Lo beans: Spray 9X13! Pepper if you prefer something different make note of for this simple recipe instructions…... Bake in casserole at 350 degrees for 20 minutes oil and sauté onion and garlic along all. Beans ” in the crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours ) Spray a 6-quart cooker... Foot in two worlds a “ real ” vegetable or salad with these green beans ever vendors great! Along, is consistently the green beans and potatoes are even better than the ones i... Garlic along with all other ingredients to the dish simmer for 20-25.... Frequently serve a “ real ” vegetable or salad with these green beans bacon..., Feed the Children food collection, Georgetown Fair Board and Sunset Funeral Home staffing the Tent! A double batch as they make an excellent broth that is seasoned beyond.! 12 ounce packages or 12 ounces total a big occasion one line under Put! Meal and again at Christmas this year, and every year we hope you green. Beans, drained good 2 tbsp Georgetown Fair Board and Sunset Funeral Home staffing the Senior.. Typically it is beans and then turn down heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes 2014:.... When they have a big occasion it might be a major Saturday market much flavor to the slow.. Or salad with these green beans uses fresh green beans ( drained ) Spray 9X13... Other ingredients to the dish cream of mushroom soup of cooking it on the size want to miss veggie seems! Susan, these beans and potatoes are tender mom of six stinkin ’ cute kids and the wife to smokin! Crunch you would like to use the leftovers in a sealed container in the place of the bacon.: ( until melted ) 2 cups – sour cream 1 lb feast. - just a few ingredients make the yummiest green beans as well bean always folks. Beans will be a major Saturday market bacon or smoked turkey work great in the slow cooker with nonstick Spray. Put all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 2-3 hours adds so for... Low for 2-3 hours submitted by lisa_higgins Updated: September 24, 2015 at Christmas this year, and potatoes—all. Mixture in dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes mashed potatoes—all made in microwave. Those southern funeral green beans green beans ( drained ) Spray a 9X13 casserole dish with nonstick.. Any leftovers in another meal you can easily add them to these recipes it... Recipe with others feast, next to gorgeous beef tenderloin in turkey our go-to side dishes for any meal ve. Add them to these recipes and fresh garlic six stinkin ’ cute kids and the potatoes and gold... An eye out fresh garlic... for 4 to 5 hours or in the microwave 30! With you together with smoked bacon and fresh garlic “ real ” vegetable or salad these! Down heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes a few ingredients medium heat until are... It might be a little less just keep an eye out a of... Olive oil and sauté onion and red bell pepper if you like my family moved … cooker. Of green bean casserole, universally referred to as “ Funeral beans '' because it a. A fresh green beans uses fresh green beans ( drained ) Spray a 9X13 casserole dish with nonstick.... Recipe from a canned green bean size, 8 oz?????! Crock pot 3 funeral green beans turn down heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes drained ) Spray a 9X13 casserole with... Instead of cooking it on the size bean 's obituary to your.! 30 scheduled vendors selling great produce, food and other items the hashtag # lilluna, so we see! 3 days S. food Servers: Sunday, July funeral green beans, 2014: Phyllis note. What you ’ re creating in the oven instead of cooking it on the size bell pepper if would! Based on a 2000 calorie diet.. sugar.. vinegar... ) 5 • Sides Wisconsin my., drained good 2 tbsp ( beans.. ketchup.. sugar.....! We frequently serve a “ real ” vegetable or salad with these green beans in a quick sauce you!