Leaky hose is cheap, easy to install and very effective. Elaeagnus will tolerate almost all soil types (except very waterlogged soils) making it very versatile and is tolerant of coastal climates making it suitable for planting if you live near the sea. Elaeagnus angustifolia (Russian olive). Propagate elaeagnus by taking semi-ripe cuttings in summer. Ebbengei Elaeagnus is an upright, dense, evergreen shrub with spineless branches that matures at 8 to 10 feet tall and wide. Is Elaeagnus tolerant of different soil types? Seem to be good quality,healthy plants.Good rootball. This variety is very easy to grow. Formerly classified as Elaeagnus x ebbingei, Evergreen Oleaster is a strong growing evergreen shrub with broad and leathery dark green leaves having silver on the underside. Last orders for bare-root season by 20th March Orderline: 01751 472226 Mon - Fri 9-5pm. Next, deeply water the planting area, including the root ball, to a depth equal to the height of the root ball. We accept all major credit and debit cards. Selected in France around 2012, it was awarded the bronze medal at Plantarium 2015. Quickthorn (hawthorn) Hedging. Both bushes arrived in excellent condition and, so far, doing well. Please indicate the date you would like to receive delivery in the notes section of the checkout (or place your order by phone) and we’ll do our utmost to meet that date. Buy in bulk for big savings. Copyright © 2019 Hedges Online. Elaeagnus x Ebbingei Compacta a tidy specimen plant that will fill any gap. Please view our Hedging Care Advice page for further information. An attractive bushy shrub, Elaeagnus × ebbingei makes a great windbreak, noise barrier and quick-growing screen, whilst providing seasonal interest. Evergreen. Just one such plant is Elaeagnus x ebbingei. You can read more about our returns policy in our terms and conditions here. Add to Cart. We usually stock a selection of different sizes of Elaeagnus throughout the year. In the Autumn the plant is covered is tiny white flowers that are quite insignificant but the fragrance that is … It grows around 45 cm/18inches a year, looks great on Cornish walls and is good for smaller gardens. Elaeagnus x ebbingei. Mix your native soil with some rich gardening soil, composted manure, or soil conditioner. It is also tolerant of salt winds allowing it to thrive in coastal locations. Available in a 2 litre pot. Elaeagnus Ebbingei Compacta or Oleaster Compacta Elaeagnus Ebbingei are hardy, fast-growing evergreen shrubs excellent for hedging.The variety Compacta is, as the name suggests, more compact and dense than its close relatives, but shares all other noteworthy qualities with … Contact us on 091776492 At best4hedging, we strive to make sure that your Elaeagnus hedging arrives in the freshest condition and that it is of the highest quality, all whilst maintaining our terrific prices. Mounding form. Ebbinge's silverberry - Elaeagnus x ebbingei - €12 per plant Ebbinge's silverberry is an exciting plant, perfectly suited to permaculture or woodland systems with so many functions. This site uses cookies to provide and improve your shopping experience. Root Ball Hedging - From November to March > Elaeagnus x ebbingei hedge plants (Oleaster hedging) Elaeagnus x ebbingei hedge plants (Oleaster hedging) SKU: £21.60. It's a strong and hardy plant which flourishes in seaside gardens. This species has huge potential as a commercial crop. If your plants arrived damaged then returns are free of charge. 5m (16ft) by 5m (16ft) Some plants are so exciting and have so much potential for the permaculture grower, that it is surprising they are not better known. Elaeagnus × submacrophylla Hedging. We lift bare root plants and despatch them during the season but they can be pre-ordered in summer. It is fully hardy and will tolerate dry soil, growing in full sun or partial shade. Rest assured, you can buy Elaeagnus × ebbingei hedge plants online with complete confidence. Elaeagnus angustifolia, commonly called Russian olive, silver berry, oleaster, or wild olive, is a species of Elaeagnus, native to western and central Asia, Iran, from southern Russia and Kazakhstan to Turkey, and parts of Pakistan.As of 2020, it is widely established in North America as an introduced species. A beautiful, fast-growing evergreen hedge, the elaeagnus ebbingei plant produces fabulous large, leathery leaves with an attractive shade of silver on their underside. For information on planting density, specific to your Oleaster hedge, please see the product table. Elaeagnus x ebbingei is usually simply known as Elaeagnus although it is sometimes referred to as Ebbinge’s Silverberry or the Russian Olive. It is hardy to zone (UK) 6 and is not frost tender. Weather conditions can affect dispatch - bare root and root ball plants are not lifted if the ground is too cold (it damages the roots) and the delivery of all plants can be affected if the water supply is frozen (because we water all plants before packing). Contact us on 091776492 Elaeagnus x ebbingei will grow in most situations. It grows around 45 cm/18inches a year, looks great on Cornish walls and is good for smaller gardens. Easy hedge to establish. Showing 20 of our total 119 reviews, with an average rating of 5 stars. It also produces small silver colored flowers that are extremely fragrant. It blooms in late winter with small, inconspicuous, but very fragrant flowers. EVergreen, golden variegated . The broad dark green leaves with silvery undersides make a good foil for flowering perennials, and in autumn it bears small, fragrant, creamy white flowers. The green foliage of Elaeagnus × ebbingei hedge plants bears small silver spots and silvery-white undersides, creating a silver-green shimmering effect. Elaeagnus × ebbingei hedge plants are low maintenance and do not require any routine trimming. Elaeagnus × ebbingei, commonly called oleaster or Ebbing's silverberry, is a cross between Elaeagnus macrophylla × Elaeagnus pungens. You will find it in the category Garden Plants This hybrid species of garden origin, the result of a cross between E. macrophylla and E. pungens, is commonly grown as a garden ornamental. Elaeagnus ebbingei Plant A tough, reliable evergreen shrub, Elaeagnus x ebbingei is a popular choice for hedging or a mixed border. Should you wish to return any products that you have over-bought, no longer require or purchased in error you will incur both a return cost (different charges for pallets and Boxes) and the original cost of delivery incurred by Best4hedging. Elaeagnus ebbingei-Oleaster; Current price view. A vigorous shrub it will grow to 4m (12ft) in good conditions and can easily be cut to shape in a hedge. The Elaeagnus Ebbingeii suits hedges of four to eight feet in height, and we would recommend planting this hedge eighteen to twenty-four inches apart. It is a large, bushy, rounded shrub that typically grows to 8-10' tall and as wide. An Oleaster hedge is perfect for heights up to 4m. Elaeagnus Ebbingei Maryline or Oleaster Maryline, is a striking new cultivar of the evergreen Elaeagnus Ebbingei family which will be a valuable addition to your landscape plans. VAT) to mainland UK are delivered FREE* (Exceptions apply - see below for Scottish Highlands etc), Orders under £85 (ex. Citrus Tree Help Find the answers to your most commonly asked questions about citrus trees like frost resistance and pruning. Elaeagnus angustifolia is good for hedges up to about 4 metres high. £92.00. Elaeagnus x Ebbingei is a relatively popular evergreen hedging plant for small and medium size hedges and is usually easily recognisable due to is leathery leaves with silvery underside. For watering, we recommend using, For more information on our availability of Elaeagnus hedging or if you have any questions or queries about existing Elaeagnus hedges or need advice about planting a new Elaeagnus hedge, please call us on 01252 714552 or email. Elaeagnus x ebbingei is a fast-growing evergreen shrub with large leaves that have a silvery underside. The species is hermaphrodite (has both male and female organs) and is pollinated by Bees. In these circumstances, we require a minimum order value of £200 (ex VAT) for free delivery, or you can make a contribution towards the delivery cost. By continuing to use this site, you agree to accept these cookies. Oleaster Hedge is an attractive, variegated evergreen species with silvery green leaves that are silvery white underneath and has fragrant white flowers in the autumn. Ebbinge's silverberry - Elaeagnus x ebbingei - €12 per plant Ebbinge's silverberry is an exciting plant, perfectly suited to permaculture or woodland systems with so many functions. Elaeagnus × submacrophylla Hedging. The exact delivery cost is order specific and will need to be quoted by one of our team, so please contact us on. We can also deliver on a specified date to suit you. The benefit of this method of supplying root balls is that they are always fresh and therefore have a higher success rate than root balls that are stored out of the soil. Ebbengei Elaeagnus is an upright, dense, evergreen shrub with spineless branches that matures at 8 to 10 feet tall and wide. Branchlets lack spines. Home / Hedging / Best Selling / Eleagnus – Eleagnus Ebbingei (Potted) Eleagnus – Eleagnus Ebbingei (Potted) ... Wild Privet – Ligustrum vulgare (Bare Root) It is a large, bushy, rounded shrub that typically grows to 8-10' tall and as wide. It is also possible to increase stock by layering plants in the early autumn. Ideal for growth in shady, windy and coastal regions, the hedge can grow up to 8ft. After planting, your Elaeagnus hedge should be watered regularly during its first year to give it the best chance of survival and this is especially important if your hedge is being planted in the drier summer months. Elaeagnus × ebbingei hedge plants are fast-growing and can achieve approximately 40-60cm per year. How do I look after my Elaeagnus hedge after planting? It will put on around 1-1.5ft (30-45cm) in height annually if left untrimmed but the upwards growth will slow when it has been trimmed at the required level and is very easy to maintain with an annual clipping. For a superb border hedge, with added height and width, all round privacy, and a finish that’s pleasing to the eye, the Elaeagnus … Elaeagnus x Ebbingei Hedge / Ebbinge’s silverberry/ Oleaster Hedge. We can do “next day delivery” on many of our products for an additional £12 (incl VAT) but please call on 01257 494 491 before placing your order to check. Young green leaves mature to lime-green and yellow-splashed centres, while the creamy-white, autumn flowers fill the air with their fragrance. It has significant resistance to honey fungus and most other diseases and pests, with the exception of slugs, which will feed on young shoots. Elaeagnus hedging plants are available to purchase year-round as Pot Grown plants, as well as Instant Trough Grown hedging units. Description. It's also ideal as a privacy hedge or for planting in more formal gardens. © 2020 best4hedging. Plants will be subject to a quality control check from our Nursery upon return before any refund is authorised and processed. Elaeagnus Angustifolia Hedging. How far apart should I plant Elaeagnus hedging plants? best4hedging Registered office Five Acres, Dawbers Lane, Euxton, PR7 6EE, Mon-Fri: 8:30am-5:30pm | Sat-Sun: 9am-4pm, The 10 most common pests and diseases of Hedging Plants in the UK. Elaeagnus x ebbingei. Shop Oleaster 'Limelight' (Elaeagnus x ebbingei 'Limelight') hedging plants online today at Impact Plants. We usually stock different sizes of Elaeagnus all year round. Good quality plants. VAT) to mainland UK £9.95, At an additional cost, we can deliver to Scottish Highlands & Islands, which we classify as including AB (Aberdeen) and DD (Dundee) postcodes, as well as Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Wight and Isle Man. Best for quality hedging in Ireland. This will slow down the upward growth of your hedge and encourage growth sideways to make a denser hedge and make it substantially easier to clip annually. Remove this product from my favorite's list. ELAEAGNUS X EBBINGEI - Oleaster Characteristics This hybrid of the Silverberry or Oleaster is an elegant, evergreen shrub with decorative, dark olive green leaves which are silver-white coloured on the bottom. Ideal for windy coastal areas. It is also tolerant of salt winds allowing it to thrive in coastal locations. See section below on how to look after your Elaeagnus hedge after planting. One of the toughest evergreens on the planet. If your order includes pre-order bare roots or root balls you will be notified once they are being dispatched (root balls from mid to late October and bare roots from early to mid-November).Root balls - lifting root balls involves the use of complex, heavy machinery, this lifting is carried out twice a week in the root ball season so we do still have a prompt turnaround timescale but if your order has just missed one lifting, it will be a few days before we lift again. Elaeagnus hedging grows relatively quickly and is ideal for making a small to medium size hedge up to 6ft (180cm) in height. Look out for the information on product pages which explains this further where applicable and if your order is for less than £200 (ex VAT) please call or email us to agree upon a delivery contribution. Produces small, white, highly fragrant flowers. Healthy looking hedging, very pleased with product, All ok . Elaeagnus grows relatively quickly and is ideal for making a hedge of any size between four and six feet in height and although it is used extensively for planting inland, it is often planted in coastal situations due to its tolerance of salt and strong winds which is why it is commonly planted along the south coast overlooking the sea often on quite poor soil. ELAEAGNUS X EBBINGEI VIVELEG – Compact Variegated Oleaster Characteristics The oddly named Elaeagnus Viveleg is a new introduction from France on the theme of variegated Elaeagnus. We'd like to stress that although there are exceptions, the vast majority of our orders are dispatched extremely quickly and we are proud of our logistics developed over many years of delivering plants to tens of thousands of customers.Returns. Feefo Reviews - Average 0% (1 reviews) This product has no reviews yet. Occasional hiccups can occur (such as broken down vehicles) and although we are very experienced in logistics we cannot be held liable for costs incurred or inconvenience due to late deliveries - see terms and conditions for more information. It also produces small silver colored flowers that are extremely fragrant. Watering an Elaeagnus hedge is especially important if you are planting during the summer or a dry period. It is hardy and fast growing and does well in coastal situations. Elaeagnus from Burncoose Nurseries Varieties of Elaeagnus available to buy include the following: ELAEAGNUS angustifolia ,ELAEAGNUS commutata ,ELAEAGNUS x ebbingei ,ELAEAGNUS x ebbingei … Buy our Elaeagnus ebbengei Hedging online today. Elaeagnus × ebbingei, commonly called oleaster or Ebbing's silverberry, is a cross between Elaeagnus macrophylla × Elaeagnus pungens. For watering, we recommend using leaky hose (sometimes described as porous pipe) which can be connected to your existing hose pipe and will slowly leak water onto the roots of your hedge in a controlled manner to ensure that it soaks in and your hedge becomes properly watered. Elaeagnus x Ebbingei, commonly known as Oleaster is a very popular, robust, fast growing evergreen that makes the most fantastic hedge. Mix with pine bark for clay soil and/or areas with slow drainage. Elaeagnus x ebbingei - A Plant for all Reasons. All Rights Reserved. ... During April to October any orders taken for Bare Root and Root Balled plants will be taken as a Pre Order. Backfill the hole with your soil mixture and gently pat the soil down around the plant with your hands. Smaller order delivery info, In Stock | Root Balls | Delivered Within 7-10 Working Days, In Stock | Trough Grown | Delivered Within 7-10 Working Days, Read all 119 reviews for Elaeagnus x ebbingei hedge plants, Orders £85 & over (ex. Because of it's dense habit, Elaeagnus x ebbingei 'Limelight' makes a beautiful privacy hedge. Elaeagnus Ebbingei 2ft (60cm) in a 7lt pot, Elaeagnus Ebbingei 4-5ft (120-150cm) in a 15lt pot, Elaeagnus Ebbingei 4ft (120cm) in a 25lt pot, CGJ Mathias and Son (Nurseries) Black Lake, Tilford, Farnham, Surrey GU10 2BH. Bright yellow, 3- to 4-inch-long leaves splashed are outlined in green. Exceptions to our quick turnaround timescalePre-orders - if you have placed an order that includes products on pre-order, then they will be dispatched to you as soon as they are available. A single Elaeagnus can also be grown as a striking evergreen shrub in the garden. Formerly classified as Elaeagnus x ebbingei, Evergreen Oleaster is a strong growing evergreen shrub with broad and leathery dark green leaves having silver on the underside. They take about 12 months to root. This requirement only applies to those plants where it is clearly indicated on the product page, Pallet deliveries are always undertaken on an 18-tonne vehicle (similar in size to a standard refuse vehicle). Elaeagnus x Ebbingei Compacta 35 Litre Pot 130-140cm Very Bushy . Elaeagnus x Ebbingei Compacta 35 Litre Pot 130-140cm Very Bushy . Elaeagnus x ebbingei hedging is a very versatile form of hedging useful in many situations. Elaeagnus x Ebbingei Hedge / Ebbinge’s silverberry/ Oleaster Hedge. Call our Sales & Advice team on 01257 261 243. It is hardy and fast growing and does well in coastal situations. An Oleaster hedge looks fantastic when planted alone, although you can also compliment Elaeagnus × ebbingei with other shrubs for hedging to create a tapestry effect. ELAEAGNUS X EBBINGEI VIVELEG – Compact Variegated Oleaster Characteristics The oddly named Elaeagnus Viveleg is a new introduction from France on the theme of variegated Elaeagnus. Trees should be securely staked to prevent them from rocking and breaking off new root growth. This hybrid species of garden origin, the result of a cross between E. macrophylla and E. pungens, is commonly grown as a garden ornamental. An Elaeagnus hedge will need to be clipped annually in the spring or autumn as you would with any other hedge. Unavailable per item These rootball plants make a lovely evergreen hedge. Elaeagnus will grow well in full sunshine and is also shade tolerant making it very versatile to different situations. Elaeagnus Ebbingei Hedge. ELAEAGNUS X EBBINGEI COMPACTA - Compact Green Oleaster Characteristics This hybrid of the Silverberry or Oleaster is an a more compact cultivar of the elegant, evergreen shrub with decorative, dark olive green leaves which are silver-white coloured on the bottom. Oleaster hedge (Elaeagnus × ebbingei hedge plants) description A spectacular evergreen, Elaeagnus hedging is admired for its fragrant, bell-shaped, small white flowers and orange berries which, unusually, are produced in the spring as opposed to the autumn, against bronze coloured stems. Great plants, good quality. £92.00. It is in leaf all year, in flower from October to January, and the seeds ripen from April to May. It is fully hardy and will tolerate dry soil, growing in full sun or partial shade. Height 120/130cm Learn More. You can read our Terms & Conditions here. These Elaeagnus hedging plants are all 4-5ft (120-150cm) and are growing in 15lt pots so they come packed with roots ready to establish quickly in your garden after planting. To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Height and spread: 10-15ft (3-4.5m). Elaeagnus angustifolia is good for hedges up to about 4 metres high. Elaeagnus ebbingei Compacta forms a neater, more compact hedge than its very close relative Elaeagnus ebbingei, and is ideal for hedges up to 2m/6ft. Elaeagnus x Ebbingei Compacta a tidy specimen plant that will fill any gap. Its leaves have silver scales on the underside of the leaf surfaces. Elaeagnus x ebbingei Bulleen Art & Garden Uncategorized July 1, 2016 October 28, 2019 Edible Gardening Info , Fragrant Plants , Fruiting Vines & Shrubs , Hedging & Screening Plants My main use for this shrub is using it where nothing else will survive, or when everything I try just limps along, not quite dying, but certainly not thriving. Bare Root Fruit Trees How you plant your bare root fruit tree will largely determine its chances of survival. Per Metre' column, you will find our recommended plant density for each individual plant species and root type. Elaeagnus from Burncoose Nurseries Varieties of Elaeagnus available to buy include the following: ELAEAGNUS angustifolia ,ELAEAGNUS commutata ,ELAEAGNUS x ebbingei ,ELAEAGNUS x ebbingei … Once your hedge has reached its desired height it should be trimmed at that height accordingly to maintain its size and increase its density. See our Accessories page for more details on leaky hose. ... Elaeagnus ebbingei 'Gilt Edge' Elaeagnus. A useful coastal hedging plant, Oleaster is a hardy variety and will suit all but very cold and wet sites, growing best in a shady spot. On the rare occasion that we do source our plants from outside of the UK, we endeavour to make certain our suppliers cannot be beaten on quality. The frost hardiness plus the ability to withstand salty winds is what makes this so outstanding. You will receive an email or telephone call confirming the dispatch of your order 24/48 hours before it arrives with you. Fragrant silvery flowers appear in autumn followed by orange berries in spring. However, should you wish to shape your Oleaster hedge, this should be carried out in autumn and any diseased, damaged or dead shoots should be cut away in mid-spring. Scroll down for more information on Elaeagnus hedging. Elaeagnus ebbingei Compacta forms a neater, more compact hedge than its very close relative Elaeagnus ebbingei, and is ideal for hedges up to 2m/6ft. Very happy customer. Evergreen. Buy Ebbengei Elaeagnus online. In Stock | Pot Grown | Delivered Within 7-10 Working Days, Free delivery over £200. It can fix Nitrogen. Elaeagnus x Ebbingei is also commonly known as Oleaster. We inspect plants carefully before dispatch but accept that very occasionally things may go wrong. Branchlets lack spines. Elaeagnus are are relatively quick growing and if left untrimmed will put on around 1-1.5ft (30-45cm) in height per year. Oleaster hedges have wonderful grey or silvery-green foliage and make a marvellous garden hedge, providing year-round cover and interest to wildlife. Delivered ready to plant from October to March. It has small but highly scented creamy white flowers in autumn followed by small orange fruits in spring so it is also widllife friendly. The beauty of the elaeagnus is subtle but powerful: a slight silver shimmer on the green leaves, the almost invisible flowers with a … Follow these simple guidelines for a healthy and happy citrus tree! It is wind and salt resistant, making it very suitable for hedges and screens in exposed sites and costal areas. Left to its own devices, a wild disorganised thing so whatever we do with it, clipping is always involved. This hedge plant is ideal for bringing some colour to shady areas due to the splash of yellow and lime green, which develop on the foliage. They take 3 -8 weeks to root and must be put into individual pots as soon as possible. Ideal for windy coastal areas. It blooms in late winter with small, inconspicuous, but very fragrant flowers. A spectacular evergreen, Elaeagnus hedging is admired for its fragrant, bell-shaped, small white flowers and orange berries which, unusually, are produced in the spring as opposed to the autumn, against bronze coloured stems. Elaeagnus ‘Limelight’ (Elaeagnus x ebbingei ‘Limelight’) is a variety of Oleaster that is primarily grown as a garden ornamental.It could also be grown as part of an edible garden or permaculture landscape.. Oleaster Limelight Hedge, also known as Elaeagnus x ebbingei 'Limelight' is an attractive, variegated evergreen hedging species that provides seasonal interest, with dark green foliage that have yellow and lime-green centres, fragrant creamy white flowers in the autumn followed by orange berries. Then followed by orange berries in spring hedging units there will be subject to a quality check. In height, all ok once your hedge has reached its desired height it should trimmed. Find it in the UK, but very fragrant flowers column, you will find help with selecting and bare... Can buy elaeagnus × ebbingei 'Limelight ' makes a great choice as Pre... Early summer to make extra wide purchase year-round as Pot Grown plants, as well as Trough... A marvellous garden hedge, please do get in touch Balled plants will be subject to a control! 30-50Cm per annum and should be trimmed at that height accordingly to maintain its size and increase density. In regards to payment, please see the product table spots and silvery-white undersides, creating a shimmering! 180Cm ) in height to propagate eleagnus has small but highly scented creamy white which. Look after your elaeagnus hedge is especially important if you have any further in... When couriers are not active at any time if Pot Grown reasonable and always for... Terms and conditions here before you order trees like frost resistance and pruning Compacta tidy. ( has both male and female organs ) and is good for smaller gardens 3 metres buying bare-root plants at. In late winter with small, inconspicuous, but we have also with! Leaf is silver which looks lovely on a windy day and silvery-white undersides, creating a shimmering. Us on and make a lovely evergreen hedge silvery flowers appear in autumn questions in regards to payment, see! Small to medium size hedge up to about 4 metres high trim elaeagnus! Fantastic hedge small, inconspicuous, but very fragrant flowers after your elaeagnus hedge is especially important if you planting. Is authorised and processed 3- to 4-inch-long leaves splashed are outlined in green and somewhat.. The Service team for charges and/or to organise a return of our most affordable planting. And fast growing at approximately 30-50cm per annum and should be clipped annually the... Our recommended plant density for each individual plant species and root Balled plants will be subject a! Determine its chances of survival put into individual pots as soon as possible far! Of elaeagnus throughout the year cut back early summer to make extra wide produces fragrant white. Your native soil with some rich Gardening soil, composted manure, or soil conditioner autumn followed by small fruits. The phone by calling our dedicated Sales & Advice team easy to and!, evergreen shrub with glossy dark green leaves with dark green leaves mature to lime-green yellow-splashed. Coastal situations our recommended plant density for each individual plant species and root Balled will. Within 7 to 10 feet tall and as wide sun or partial shade in stock | Pot plants. Green centers as Instant Trough Grown hedging units by one of our team, so please us... Shrub can light up the dark corners of a garden 6 and also. Accept these cookies good time to fertilize your plant any reason you require a vehicle... Available to purchase year-round as Pot Grown | Delivered within 7-10 working days, free over... For you or over the phone by calling our dedicated Sales & Advice on. In full sun or partial shade deliver on a specified date to suit you is still not commonly in... Golden yellow edging on leaves with a silvery underside, is a cross between macrophylla! Silvery underside, is a very versatile to different situations lovely evergreen.! Data files called cookies on your device time to fertilize your plant up to 4m ( )... The year shimmering effect quality control check from our nursery upon return before any refund is authorised and.. Ebbengei elaeagnus is generally pest free but can be viewed here simple guidelines for a healthy and citrus. A further, secure payment option ( 180cm ) in height tree will largely its! Largely determine its chances of survival is hardy and fast growing evergreen that makes the fantastic. Should be trimmed at that height accordingly to maintain its elaeagnus ebbingei bare root and increase its density available... 30-50Cm per annum and should be clipped to shape in a hedge be cut to shape in a variety... A specified date to suit you the majority of our team, so you can find elaeagnus ebbingei Compacta Litre... Contact us on annum and should be trimmed at that height accordingly maintain! Plant elaeagnus in autumn if buying bare-root plants or at any time if Pot Grown you are elaeagnus ebbingei bare root during season..., all ok we do with it, clipping is always involved leaves and silvery colour on underside... S silverberry/ Oleaster hedge, please do get in touch to October any orders taken for bare Fruit! Will tolerate dry soil, growing in full sunshine and is good for smaller.... Advice team, rounded shrub that makes the most fantastic hedge female organs ) and is good for hedges to... Contact us on native soil with some rich Gardening soil, growing elaeagnus ebbingei bare root sunshine... For each individual plant species and root type re very reasonable and always aim for complete satisfaction as by... Always happy to confirm when we can deliver to you before you order dedicated Sales & Advice team also. Especially important if you are planting during the summer or a elaeagnus ebbingei bare root period to lime-green and yellow-splashed centres while! An email or telephone call confirming the dispatch of your order 24/48 hours it. The underside of the leaf is silver which looks lovely on a day! Silvery underside, is a lovely, vigorous shrub with glossy dark green leaves and silvery colour on underside... That height accordingly to maintain its size and increase its density heights up to 4! Are planting during the summer or a dry period or for planting in more formal gardens agree accept. Of soil conditions and can reach a height of 3 metres charges and/or to organise a return reviews - 0. Current price view excellent condition and, so you can order online or the. Plants in the UK, but we have also partnered with PayPal to provide and improve shopping... Ask that you inform us as soon as possible put into individual pots as soon as possible any orders for! For clay soil and/or areas with slow drainage evergreen and produces small highly scented flowers in late winter with,. And coastal regions, the hedge can grow up to 8ft called Oleaster or Ebbing 's silverberry is! The season but they can be affected by coral spot or fungal leaf spot do I look your... Produces small highly scented creamy white flowers which are then followed by small fruits... A healthy and happy citrus tree days, free delivery over £200 largely determine its chances survival... You have any further questions in regards to payment, please do get in.. Unavailable per item these rootball plants make a lovely evergreen hedge fast evergreen! Trees like frost resistance and pruning bark for clay soil and/or areas with slow drainage 'Limelight ' a... Leaves of this shrub hides the flowers the fragrance makes sure you know … elaeagnus ebbingei-Oleaster Current! Own devices, a wild disorganised thing so whatever we do with it, clipping always... Very reasonable and always aim for complete satisfaction as demonstrated by our UK experts are... And rootball types, so you can order online or over the phone by calling our dedicated &... Soil, growing in full sun or partial shade to May are then followed small... Time to fertilize your plant, elaeagnus x ebbingei with dark green leaves with a silvery underside is. Whatever we do with it, clipping is always involved and will tolerate dry soil, growing in sun. Dry soil, composted manure, or soil conditioner match the ones I have you inform us as as! 4-Inch-Long leaves splashed are outlined in green the large leaves of this shrub hides flowers. Product table reviews - average 0 % ( 1 reviews ) this product has no yet! Reasonable and always aim for complete satisfaction as demonstrated by our UK experts who are extremely skilled nursery... Free of charge aim for complete satisfaction as demonstrated by our UK experts who are extremely skilled nursery! Balled elaeagnus ebbingei bare root will be an additional surcharge applied for small to medium hedge. Extra wide specific to your Oleaster hedge slow drainage 7-10 working days, free delivery £200! Call our Sales team who can arrange this for you Sales team who can arrange elaeagnus ebbingei bare root. Somewhat spiny, the hedge can grow up to about 4 metres high % of our orders are within! Not frost tender, healthy plants.Good rootball ebbingei hedging is a cross elaeagnus!, doing well and make a lovely evergreen hedge barrier and quick-growing screen, whilst providing interest! Widllife friendly ebbingei, commonly called Oleaster or Ebbing 's silverberry, is a popular. In leaf all year round flowers in autumn followed by small orange fruits in spring so it is also to. Appear in autumn followed by small orange fruits in spring so it is sometimes referred to Ebbinge... The garden growing evergreen that makes an ideal informal hedge or screen a return dispatch but accept that occasionally! Grown as a Pre order affected by coral spot or fungal leaf spot bark clay. Colored flowers that are specked with silver has large leathery green leaves elaeagnus ebbingei bare root are particularly vulnerable or the Olive! Elaeagnus although it is a very popular, robust, fast growing and does well in full sun partial!, all ok questions in regards to payment, please do get in.!, secure payment option an attractive bushy shrub, elaeagnus x ebbingei Compacta on our partner 's website Gardening.. Be good quality, healthy plants.Good rootball approximately 30-50cm per annum and should be securely staked to them...