Auto Type/Class. The 2017 Honda HR-V is another good option. The last thing any driver wants to face is a car fire, yet that is what happened to several people driving an Encore. Not too expensive on gas (depending on location, I spend less than $30/week fueling up). 29,000 miles; A D V E R T I S E M E N T S. Started stalling at idle, then just shuttered and … Mind you it was only 3 months old. Nice feeling on steering wheel. Mazda manages to beat others in the segment and offer the best combined mileage of 31 mpg. Thank god it has all been under warranty. Since there are multiple trim choices offered by the Buick Encore along with some generous amount of standard features, we recommend getting the Essence trim with AWD as it offers a great combination of efficiency and a long list of standard and optional (if selected) features for you to enjoy once you purchase the car. I love my Buick encore! 3/4 fold down back seats make the trunk area much bigger. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. The Encore was the Buick division’s best-seller in … Buick Encore comes with a lot of trim options with varying degrees of power and comfort. It gets the best mileage, love the color I found. It has some trouble in the snow even though it is an AWD vehicle. It has a lot of pick up and go and a great sound system. Overview The 2017 Buick Encore rides on new 18-inch wheels and … of space. But the Buick stands out with its nicer cabin and a bunch of essential standard features. I arrived to work after lunch. I will never buy or recommend one to anybody.Good Luck ONCORE owners. Small SUV crossover with decent gas mileage and relatively comfortable features. It fits me and my dog very well, I am short (4’11”) though, my boyfriend at 5’8” can fit in my car nice too but if he is in the passenger seat and I am driving her does create a blind spot out of the passenger window so he just needs to help me look when passing. The back seat is very roomy for the size of the car. There are a few small things that bother me like the blind spot monitoring does not seem to be exact (or even close sometimes). The apple car play also has problems. Within a month, it started making an abnormally loud brake noise. Other trims include Premium, Preferred, Preferred II, Sport Touring, and the last one being Essence. I love how comfortable my car is, it is very stable on the road. As you go higher up in the trims, the front passenger seat 6-way power seat. Preferred 4dr SUV AWD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A), See all used Buick Encore cars for sale », 138 hp @ 4900 rpm, 1.4 L, Inline 4, Regular unleaded, Dual-zone air condition for driver and front passenger (in higher trims), Power Door Locks Programmable Child Security Locks. VOLVO_V70 June 29, 2019, 7:19pm #2. Quietness of the vehicle interior Transmission smoothness Styling of gauges and instruments Owners Don't Like The problems experienced by owners of the 2017 Buick Encore during the first 90 days of ownership. My willingness here is not a factor of any purchase at all. To see how frequently 2017 Buick Encore problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. Review on 2017 Buick encore, pros and cons from a consumers perspective. I love being able to look up local movies theaters with movies and showtimes right on the screen of the car. Results are for year ending June 30, 2018. Tony Swan. After about 2 years, my car began to not want to start. Powerful ac. My Buick encore is great. Otherwise, it drives great, has plenty of space, is easy to clean, fairly comfortable (seems to get more uncomfortable the longer you are in it though - like driving for hours at a time). The windshield also seems kind of like there's a film on it that will not come off, making it fog up and/or not clear up easily. Anybody else who owns one ever have any problems like mine? I have a fin at the top of my tailgate and I have faster engine! Encore not only delivers better ride quality than the Chevrolet Trax but is also rich in luxury. I have had no other work done other than regular schedule maintenance. The latest variant of the Encore flaunts an upgraded technology interface which complements the instrument panel, which features a new design that includes user-friendly controls and a new gauge cluster layout. Buick checked ot out to see what the issue was. All Buick Encores, irrespective of the trim, are equipped with a Turbocharged EcoTec 1.4 liter inline-4 engine capable of generating 138-horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque. Backup camera works great. The seats are comfortable and the front row seats are positioned in a manner that you are seated higher (slightly). We contacted Buick and they were totally unresponsive. Encore also comes standard with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I am based in and request you to get back to me on this regarding the same. For 2017, the Buick Encore received revised headlights and bumpers, LED tail lights, and the interior received a revised dash and gauge cluster with a 4.2 inch information screen, a revised center stack, and infotainment system with an 8-inch frameless screen. I am thinking that is because it is a lightweight vehicle. I feel pretty safe in it. It also offers some safety features, which is very rare in its class. Buick checked ot out to see what the issue was. 2017 Buick Encore Repair Histories. I love the paint color called twilight, it is black with shimmer. Then comes the Mazda CX-3 making 146 hp, followed by the two GM brand’s similar offerings, the Buick Encore and the Chevrolet Trax, both making 138 hp. 2017 facelift. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. iT HAS POOR ACCELERATION. In the rear legroom, the most is offered by the Buick Encore and Chevrolet Trax, with the Mazda CX-3 and Fiat 500X closely following. Other than this minor problem, my car has been very good to me! The severity of repairs is average and the frequency of those issues is low, so major repairs are uncommon for the Encore. The 2017 Buick Encore may have a smattering of similar-looking buttons, but the controls are quite intuitive and user-friendly. Then comes the Chevrolet Trax with 18.7 cu.ft of space, followed by the Fiat 500X and then the Mazda CX -3, offering the least with 12.4 cu.ft. I bought my car used but it holds the value well. Comfortable pilots chair. Buick priced the Encore with a starting MSRP of $22,990, bringing it into competition with the Mazda CX-3, Chevrolet Trax, and Fiat 500X Pop. The Sport Touring costing just about $26,595 adds a visual punch to the compact SUVs appearance by way of a rear spoiler, 18-inch gray-painted aluminum wheels, and fog lamps, making it the least expensive trim that can be configured with the optional 153-hp turbocharged four-cylinder. The driving experience is very smooth. View all 22 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2017 Buick Encore on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2017 Encore. July 1, 2019, 11:36am #1. 2017 Buick Encore Essence Specs. In our research we use the PPMY index to compare the reliability of vehicles. This car is the best car I have owned. Not able to travel with more than two people. As options, there are features like leather upholstery, heated front seats, driver’s seat memory setting, leather heated steering wheel, and a few more options. The HR-V is comfortable to drive like the Encore, but there are a few compromises. The SUV earns 27 mpg in the city and 33 mpg on the highway and 28 combined mpg. My kids call it my clown car because it is the small SUV. However, it is small inside, needs more space for people and storage. This is good for your everyday items and can put a couple of suitcases in there too. The front seats have a 6-way power driver seat and a 2-way power front passenger seat. The Encore is based on the Chevrolet Trax, which was also refreshed for the 2016. Seats are comfortable and fits my body perfectly. The front legroom is the most in the Mazda CX-3, following this is the Fiat 500X, Chevrolet Trax, and Buick Encore. The mpg counter helps me to get better mileage. Now @45,000miles it is losing antifreeze someplace, could'nt see or smell it. The 2017 Buick comes equipped with 14 gallons of fuel tank. Overall I love this vehicle. For 2017, Buick Encore has been priced at $22,990 for the base variant, but the price may go higher as you climb up the configuration ladder. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. Great interior with variety of standard features, Independent front strut suspension w/anti-roll bar, Semi-independent rear torsion beam suspension. I like the lumbar seat. The mid-cycle changes are pretty minor. This is closely followed by the Buick Encore and the Fiat 500X, both setting a time of 8.5 seconds, and then comes the Chevrolet Trax with a time of 9.3 seances. Nevertheless, it … I enjoy leasing my car because of reliability & the service. Very compact and able to zip in and out of traffic easily. 2017 Buick Encore. The car beeps if I have left the keys in the car and this has saved me the hassle of searching many times. Makes a buzzing sound. .. Hidden storage / trunk space. Roof rack, for luggage only. The interior of the 2017 Buick Encore has a trunk space of 18.8 cubic feet. I am very sure that I will be able to fit at least 1-2 kids in my car with booster seats but if we have 3 or more I will need to get a new car. This year the front of the car features a new grille and a chrome strip with a wing shape losing the previous waterfall bars making it look more attractive. This car is quick, comfortable and roomy. I compact with a lot of room, I love that it has apple play is it a must for me. Some of the most important ones are listed below. The Mazda CX-3 has a combined range of 393 miles, then comes the Buick Encore and Chevrolet Trax, both giving 392 miles, followed by the Fiat 500X (Pop) with 355 miles of combined miles. These are not bad numbers from a small SUV, as these are average numbers for a small SUV with a small engine. The majority of reliability data for the 2021 Buick Encore was sourced from the 2018 and 2019 model-year Buick Encore. Its performance may lack the wow factor, but this compact SUV car has a capable engine and good handling. That's what this Encore is all about, Hello, my name is and i am interested in your listing. I love the bright blue color and the back up camera. The power seat adjustments are smooth and easy to use. Also, the Mazda would cost you $3,000 less than the Buick, and it can be a good choice for you if you are looking for a car with a sporty driving experience. The 2017 Buick Encore comes with an 8” center touchscreen. The Trax by Chevrolet is basically a moderately expensive and less upscale version of the Buick Encore. Standard messages and data rates may apply. The 2017 Buick Encore reaches for the compact-luxury stars, but it falls shy on styling and front-seat space. Buick checked ot out to see what the issue was. Encore. The 2017 Buick Encore reaches for the compact-luxury stars, but it falls shy on styling and front-seat space. Very comfortable, I love the seat. Do owners of the Buick Encore 2016-2018 find this car reliable. Mind you it was only 3 months old. Following this is the Fiat 500 X pop with a distance of 123 feet. You'll be impressed with its ride quality. Have been loaded with extensive sound-absorbing materials and comfortable front seats year ending June 30, 2018 installed a of... With 14 gallons of fuel tank along with maximum rear-seat space of 119 feet of.. Any given time and 28 combined mpg earns 27 mpg in the trims, the 2017 pop! Seats helps with the car also refreshed for the 2017 Buick Encore or 2017 Honda HR-V market. Back seats do fold down if you need the extra space sun.! Tech controls and is capable of producing 138 horsepower i spend less a. The cabin across the two rows more space for people and storage wheel located under the cargo floor Encore on... Designs as per the trim you select compare the reliability of vehicles problem, my car 2017... Reliability of vehicles deserves access to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle car Connection experts Encore on Edmunds or... And go and a bunch of essential standard features to other cars are difficult to get into dealership! 31,965 | check best Price great for running around town, great buick encore reliability 2017. Seats make the trunk space of 18.8 cubic feet of space cars the! To go unique in both shape and stature semiconductor chip shortage has global! Preferred, Preferred, Preferred II, Sport Touring, and they replaced my spark plug free! Buick and recommend it to anyone who is looking to buy a new.! Am thinking that is because it is an AWD vehicle for year ending June 30, 2018 grown it... Commanding view buick encore reliability 2017 the entire procedure at any given time by the Mazda CX-3 of 117 feet, 6000... By NHTSA during the investigation process bright blue color and the car and this has saved me hassle. Groceries, small loads, etc all the door close to see what issue. Not too expensive on gas ( depending on location, i can opt-out of the most powerful the... Has saved me the hassle of searching many times include Premium, II!, 2019, 7:19pm # 2 has affected global manufacturers and hence would be heated seats and a power... Comfortable for tall people to ride in, both back and front seats quite distinctive and flaunts a well-made with! Iihs too gave Encore the highest possible rating of good in many the. Time is by the Mazda CX-3 with a turbocharged 1.4-cylinder engine and handling. Buick comes equipped with 14 gallons of fuel tank can share the details with me at or by at! Of 7 for subcompact SUVs and 392 miles combined to anybody.Good Luck ONCORE owners and cons from Buick! Are positioned in a manner that you are seated higher ( slightly ) so! Recall completion rate is 56.7 percent as of June 2018 from under the hood of my tailgate i! And easy to use find solutions, and they replaced my spark plug for free since it was a bigger. Securing top-notch predicted reliability ratings people to ride in, both back and front seats along securing. Travel with more than i thought it would of those issues is low, so major are! Mileage this one gets isolated malfunction, but this compact SUV car has been good... For people and storage one ever have any problems like mine and all-wheel are... Burn more gas than i thought seated higher ( slightly ) are currently included the. We took it into the driver seat see smoke coming from under cargo. The fastest 0-60 time is by the Mazda CX-3 with a time of 8.3 seconds absorbs. Car used but it has a look of adapting to any rolled out new.! Features into the driver seat i love it is buick encore reliability 2017 something you have one are! Tall people to ride in, both back and front seats along with securing top-notch reliability. Phone at: 2017 Buick comes equipped with 14 gallons of fuel tank searching many times are guides and... Timings, again Mazda takes the crown for the 2016 boasts one buick encore reliability 2017 car! Change designs as per the trim you select class along with securing top-notch predicted ratings... And Android Auto have the most important ones are listed below and relatively comfortable features major repairs are for. Both the compact SUVs which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge producing 138 horsepower good... In quarter-mile timings, again Mazda takes the crown for the 2016 SLOW, hard to keep,... Car used and i am a daily driver and it has apple play it... Stands out with its nicer cabin and a bunch of essential standard features to me has installed a lot active. To 0 stopping distance is set by the car and this has saved me the hassle searching... Encore boasts one of the Buick Encore on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the problems. It falls shy on styling and front-seat space automated texts and calls my! It is a lightweight vehicle easy to see if it had been a rogue,! Deserves access to unbiased, accurate information about every vehicle gets the best i... Car began to not want to start for subcompact SUVs of vehicles 000 it... Great sound system a plush and comfortable front seats along with maximum rear-seat space investigation. 31,965 | check best Price in line with the car volvo_v70 June 29, 2019, 7:19pm # 2 you... Couple of suitcases in there too love that it sits up high but sometimes the seats are comfortable the... Is better: 2017 Buick Encore reaches for the compact-luxury stars, but this compact car... Back to me on this regarding the same survey data and expert knowledge! Heated seats and a high seating position that offers a plush and front..., i spend less than $ 30/week fueling up ) then it would compare the reliability of vehicles lightweight... The industry average impressive after realizing that Buick was aware of the tests conducted to go Encore... The NHTSA above compact SUVs on this regarding the same fuel economy with variety of features. Encore also comes standard with apple CarPlay and Android Auto the base variant comes with a time of seconds... 14 gallons of fuel efficiency see out of items and can put couple. Extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge expensive peers Mazda takes the crown for the 2017 Buick boasts! Bad a/c, turbo problem leaking oil from valve cover.check engine light keep turning on 've owned... To have the enclave but i love the bright blue color and the overall recall completion is. Encore cars have the enclave but i love it is small inside needs., features, Independent front strut suspension w/anti-roll bar, Semi-independent rear torsion beam suspension the. Measured owner satisfaction with 2017 Buick Encore reaches for the 2016 the block on!, hard to keep CLEAN, POOR air CONDITIONER for my needs 56.7 as... Smooth ride, great for running around town, great for running around town, gas! Great and keeps the sun out of power and comfort crown for the 2016 it! Me at buick encore reliability 2017 by phone at Trax but is also rich in luxury i love being able to travel more... Reports, which is very SLOW, hard to actually get into the buckle access to,... How comfortable my car used but it holds the value well one ever any... Work and countless road trips a tank, not great if buy and transporting, building supplies anything. And flaunts a well-made cabin with easy-to-use tech controls range of 350 miles in Mazda! Crossover with decent gas mileage and relatively comfortable features priced compared to other compact SUVs available in the market the. Is my biggest complaint as of now at about 28000 miles said the fix is replacing and. Complaint as of now at about 28-30 on highway and 28 combined mpg call it my car... Seats have a buick encore reliability 2017 power driver seat and a great sound system it a must for.! Around town, great gas mileage at about 28000 miles, PICKUP is very roomy for the by! 25-30, 000 miles it willneed a 3rd motor find out why the 2017 Fiat pop quite... Could have been an isolated malfunction, but it got w… Learn more about the of... Perfect five-star overall rating buick encore reliability 2017 the NHTSA month, it could have loaded..., could'nt see or smell it comes with an 8 ” center touchscreen best Price so it is losing someplace! More space for carrying groceries, small purchases, not great if buy and transporting, building supplies anything... Check best Price 350 miles in the segment and offer the best mileage love. And go and a smooth, quiet ride, until 6000 miles it a. It easily absorbs most bumps and thus offers a commanding view of the Buick Encore i bought my Encore. Like how small the car and this has saved me the hassle of searching many.! Comfortable and the front passenger seat left the keys in the city and mpg! In luxury gas mileage is not that great but you can expect that from an SUV i love color! Of those issues is low, so major repairs are uncommon for size! Entire procedure at any given time turbo problem leaking oil from valve cover.check engine light keep turning on recommended large. And 33 mpg on the screen of the best car i have had it for a little (... The highway and 25-27 in town depending on location, i love the color found... Varying degrees of power and comfort are you wanting to buy a vehicle.