A fantastic 27 hole links course where you would least expect it. Black Sheep Golf Club Memberships 27-hole (Private) Website: www.blacksheepgolfclub.com. Saved to Favorites. Exclusive golf course information, specifications and golf course details at Black Sheep Golf Club. 0.09 miles from this course Tanna Farms Golf Club (Tanna Farms) Elburn, Illinois. Totally unlike any of the parkland courses found close to Chicago, Black Sheep is a welcome modern addition to the golfing landscape of the Midwest. Golf Club Review: Black Sheep Golf Club (IL) One of the top 100 overall golf courses in the country, Black Sheep Golf Club outside of Chicago, Illinois, is a men’s only private club with a fantastic logo and an even better golf course. Please repair all ball marks properly on greens, fill all divots with sand in fairways and tees, replace divots in rough (DO NOT USE SAND IN ROUGH), and rake all bunkers. 0 people found this review helpful 696 check-ins. I only wish there were more courses like it in the greater Chicago area. The best of the property is along the north side as it dips down from the clubhouse on the outgoing 9 and then travels along and around creeks and ponds. Black Sheep Golf Club. This is a brilliant golf course. SHARE: Map. Video Details: Revised: 11/01/2019 | Viewed: 1,219 Times . About See All. From the East. Conversely, playing conservatively will work, but you won’t get very many birdies. AMATEUR GOLF SCOREBOARD. Taking the most challenging line will result in a tremendous advantage if you can pull it off. Architect: David Esler: Normal Season: April to November: Membership View membership details for further information. The 5,710-yard course, which owes its well draining nature to its gravel base, is easil... During a recent family holiday to Edinburgh an afternoon pass from the wife gave my son... Where to begin with RVGC. Black Sheep Golf Club is located at 2S610 Seavey Road in Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554. Golf Course & Country Club in Elburn, Illinois. Buy online today for free Australia wide delivery on all purchases. or. Take I-88 West to Orchard Road. 1 person found this review helpful In short, everyone can play here. North on Orchard to Oak Street. 1,104 Followers, 29 Following, 32 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Black Sheep Golf Club (@blacksheepgc) In my view, best time to play is late September through early October when the fescue is up and takes on a brilliant shade of purple. North on Deepath to Seavey Road. 15 miles W of Chicago. The Club. U.S. 5. Black Sheep Golf Club is located at 2S610 Seavey Road in Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554. 2S610 Seavey Rd, Sugar Grove, IL 60554 staff@blacksheepgolfclub.com … The magazine ranks Black Sheep 56th, with "modern" defined as any course built after 1960. Community See All. Jeff Luetkehans. The Ally at Old Waverly. Black Sheep Golf Club is a 27 hole Private golf facility located in Sugar Grove, Illinois. 27 holes give you a heathland/links vibe yet you look out over a sea of corn making for a pleasantly jarring experience. A few keen golfers, who wanted their own private male-only members club with an unpretentious and casual atmosphere, set up Black Sheep Golf Club in 1999. For all Caddie inquires: please call Andy Rhoads, at 630.879.2000 or by email at blacksheepcaddy@aol.com. General Manager: Jeff Luetkehans PGA Head Golf Professional: Kevin Healy Golf Operations Manager: Bill Sailor Outside Service Manager/Caddiemaster: Andy Rhoads Golf Course Superintendent: Dave Biery Club President: Vincent A. Solano, For all membership inquires: please contact Jeff Luetkehans at 630.879.2000 or jeff@blacksheepgolfclub.com, For all Caddie inquires: please call Andy Rhoads, at 630.879.2000 or by email at blacksheepcaddy@aol.com, 2S610 Seavey Rd, Sugar Grove, IL 60554 staff@blacksheepgolfclub.com Clubhouse: 630.879.2000 Grounds: 630.207.2074, {{current_weather.dt | momentjs( atts.date )}}, please contact Jeff Luetkehans at 630.879.2000. Golf Course Review by: Billy Satterfield. The first and tenth holes tee off adjacent to the clubhouse, but while the first hole heads west, the tenth leads players downhill and to the north. Southern California Senior Amateur Championship. Black Sheep Golf Club. ! From the East. Take I-88 West to … About See All. Brilliantly designed from a strategic standpoint, many of the holes feature “speed slots“ on the fairways. YEARS IN BUSINESS. Black Sheep Golf Club  Add to Favorites (630) 879-2000. Was this review helpful? David Esler is a very underrated architect and this is one of his gems and one of the best in Illinois for sure! Visit Website Suggest an Edit. Not a single weak hole on the property. As a golf architecture fanatic, I feel fortunate to have even been provided and opportunity to play this track. Black Sheep Golf Club. The club sits on a 285-acre parcel of former farmland and is surrounded by existing farmlands. Black Sheep offers no swimming pool, no tennis courts and no dining room. Community See All. Not Now. ABN - 86 520 343 806 Liquor Licence - 192030 Licensee - Raw Group Stafford PTY LTD Under the Queensland Liquor Act 1992, it is an offence to supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years. Quick aerial view of Black Sheep Golf Club. San Luis Obispo County Women’s Amateur … Black Sheep Golf Club. If I had unlimited money, what courses would I join? AMATEUR GOLF SCOREBOARD. Full course details for Black Sheep Golf Club, including scores leaderboard, map, printable scorecard, weather, reviews, and ratings. The Takeaway: In the golf mecca metro of Chicago, Black Sheep holds its head high as one of the best and most unique tracks you can experience in Illinois. Subscribe Channel: Golf Course Details: View Course Profile || + Post Course Review. Black Sheep Golf Club is a 27-hole private golf club located in the Chicago western suburb of Sugar Grove, IL. 21. North on Orchard to Oak Street. A few keen golfers, who wanted their own private male-only members club with an unpretentious and casual atmosphere, set up Black Sheep Golf Club in 1999. No cell phones allowed except in parking lot, no hats allowed in clubhouse, men only, no pool, no kitchen, just GOLF!! Black Sheep Golf Club - 2S610 Seavey Rd, Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554 - Rated 5 based on 17 Reviews "Played as a guest on 8/26/17 with Mike Morcos. Golf Courses, Golf Practice Ranges, Private Golf Courses. Log In. Golf Club Website. Was this review helpful? Video Details: Revised: 11/01/2019 | Viewed: 975 Times . I cannot say enough about the beauty of this golf club. Respond to above review  Black Sheep Golf Club is located at 2S610 Seavey Road in Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554. The course is devoid of trees so watch out when the wind blows here, as it did the day we played all 27 holes. Everything a men's club should be. U.S. Women's Amateur Four-Ball Qualifying. North on Deepath to Seavey Road. Black Sheep Golf Club, 2 S 610 Seavey Road, Sugar Grove, Illinois (IL) 60554, USA +1 (630) 879 2000 ‹ Previous › Next. Take I-88 West to Orchard Road. A look back at the clubhouse from beyond the tenth hole green site . Black Sheep Golf Club (1st, 3rd Nines) The Good: Black Sheep is an outstanding 27-hole men's only private club on the outskirts of western Chicago suburbs. 2S610 Seavey Rd Sugar Grove, IL 60554-9723 Phone: (630) 879-2000 Website: www.blacksheepgolfclub.com Type: Private Category: Golf Club Par: 72 . Forgot account? If I could be a member anywhere in Illinois, make me a member here! Very strategic design, great green complexes, relaxed understated atmosphere, firm and fast conditions. This mens only club offers a casual experience which is a rarity for such an elite golf club. Black Sheep (1-9) Sugar Grove, Illinois. Write a review for Black Sheep (1st & 2nd). They enlisted a former Ohio State golfer called David Esler to fashion 27 holes that would rival the best inland links courses in the US. Black Sheep Golf Club - 2S610 Seavey Rd, Sugar Grove, IL 60554 - Rated 5 based on 13 Reviews "It was an awesome experience. See other reviews from jud tigerman. Amazing prairie style design from local architect David Esler is ruggedly beautiful and very challenging. Golf Course & Country Club in Sugar Grove, Illinois. Create New Account. Forgot account? Respond to above review  Generous fairways and large greens, but don’t be deceived. Black Sheep Bottle Shop supports the responsible service of alcohol. Construction of Black Sheep began in 2000 and the club and course opened for play in 2002. 2S610 Seavey Rd Sugar Grove, IL 60554-9723 Phone: (630) 879-2000 Website: www.blacksheepgolfclub.com Type: Private Category: Golf Club Par: 72 . Sacramento County 2020 … 2S610 Seavey Rd (1,555.15 mi) Sugar Grove, Illinois 60554. The course was designed by David Esler. or. Was this review helpful? 2 S 610 Seavey Road Sugar Grove, IL 60554 Eastern/Northern Illinois Map This Course: Phone: (630)879-2000 Visit Website ; Request Information; View Images. 571 people follow this. Add Hours. The men's only club features a walkable routing, excellent conditioning, and admirable architecture that relies on subtleties rather than dramatics to create a course you'd love to play over and over. The private club … 2S610 Seavey Rd Sugar Grove, IL 60554 Map & Directions. Course is visually intimidating but fair off the tee, while the real test are the extremely undulating green complexes. 5 out of 5 stars. For all membership inquires: please contact Jeff Luetkehans at 630.879.2000 or jeff@blacksheepgolfclub.com. 5. Golf Courses; Black Sheep Golf Club; CCPA. 783 check-ins. 2.73 miles from this course Tanna Farms Golf Club … See other reviews from Steven Deist. It is not stuffy at all and the members and the staff were all very friendly. 237 people like this. 140 acres of native prairie grasses and wild flowers were planted throughout the former 285-acre farmstead on which the 27 holes were routed. See more of Black Sheep Golf Club on Facebook. Black Sheep Golf Club opened in 2002. Someone got dinner last night # blacksheepgolfclub # blacksheep # hawk # hawkdinner. 5 out of 5 stars. Create New Account. Black Sheep Golf Club A golfer can dream can't he? See other reviews from Brian LaBardi. Take notice, this course puts local course designer David Esler on the map. Welp, if I had the money and lived in Illinois, sign me up to be a member of Black Sheep Golf Club, a 27 hole gem in the middle of Illinois that is one of the best tracks I have played in a long time. Read verified reviews from golfers at Black Sheep Golf Club today! West on Oak to Deerpath. 0 people found this review helpful Subscribe Channel: Golf Course Details: View Course Profile || + Post Course Review. An early morning view of the remote Black Sheep Golf Club from high above the clubhouse Aerial view of the par four tenth at Black Sheep Golf Club. 4 reviews of Black Sheep Golf Club "This place rocks! The course has no trees, no ball washers, no visible trashcans (only in-ground recepticles with foot operated pop up liids), no halfway house and the best maintained bunkers-tees-greens and fairways you may ever witness! Golf Course Superintendent: Dave Biery Club President: Vincent A. Solano. Black Sheep’s pace of play suggests all rounds should be completed in four (4) hours or less. 0.01 miles from this course Black Sheep (19-27) Sugar Grove, Illinois. U.S. Women's Amateur Four-Ball Qualifying. U.S. 525 people like this. The aim was to restore the land to mirror the pre-settlement landscape of Native Americans and the result is rather impressive.Highlights on holes 1-18 include the short par four 5th (which is played across water to a very small target) and the 191-yard 16th (where the green sits behind an expanse of wetlands, water and sand). Amateur Four-Ball Qualifying . If you end up in one of the severe bunkers or stray from the fairway into the fescue, you will be in big trouble. Not Now. David Elser Kevin Healy. Birmingham National Invitational. See other reviews from regripped, Respond to above review  253 people follow this. https://www.mapquest.com/us/illinois/black-sheep-golf-club-7681154 SHARE: Map. Weather forecast for Black Sheep Golf Club - 1st Nine,Illinois Kane County United States, brought to you by GolfWeather. I've had the chance to play Black Sheep twice now and it's one of the few golf courses that I've given an excellent rating. Amateur Four-Ball Qualifying . Black Sheep Golf Club, one of only about two dozen all-male golf clubs in the country, is thriving while other clubs face financial hardship. East West Cup Matches. Check out our huge range of golf products on sale, including our clearance golf clubs. A FASTER GROUP HAS THE RIGHT TO PLAY THROUGH A SLOWER GROUP REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS IN EITHER GROUP. Please … Black Sheep has a male-only policy for its private and exclusive membership. Having read the previous reviews and looking for a new course... Summary: Great course (especially the 9 holes called "Sur) but facilities have gotten o... Fabulous layout. Be the first to review! Black Sheep Golf Club is a Private, 27-hole golf club located in, Sugar Grove, Illinois, west of downtown Chicago near the intersection of Interstate 88 and Route 47. Contact us. Golf Clearance now on! Was this review helpful? 2.24 miles from this course Hughes Creek Golf Club Elburn, Illinois. West on Oak to Deerpath. Respond to above review  From the East. See more of Black Sheep Golf Club on Facebook. Located west of downtown Chicago, near the intersection of Interstate 88 and Route 47, Black Sheep Golf Club is a 27-hole private golf facility that was built on a former 285-acre farmstead. 2S610 Seavey Rd (1,555.15 mi) Elburn, IL 60554 . Golfweather.com is focused on the delivery of accurate weather forecasts pin pointed to your local golf course. There are literally no bad golf holes here and if you are in the Chicago land area, I can guarantee you that you won't find a more serene setting (sidenote: I've never played Chicago Golf Club). By invitation only. 1 person found this review helpful View key info about Course Database including Course description, Tee yardages, par and handicaps, scorecard, contact info, Course Tours, directions and more. The greens were fast and the conditioning was superb both times I played it. Log In. Black Sheep Golf Club, Golf Course reviews, contact information, hole details, maps, and weather. For the fourth consecutive year, Black Sheep Golf Club in Sugar Grove, Ill., is ranked among Golfweek's America's Best 100 Modern Courses, which are included in the March 8 issue. But if you can’t, you’re looking at double bogey.