To Be Clear: There is NO pasta in this dinner. This is loaded with parmesan, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, and Italian seasoning. This recipe comes from my sister Kaitlin. Maybe those who gave this a not so shining review- don't like to eat healthy. Just know that you can't add the extra liquid until later or the chicken won't brown it will steam. Add salt and pepper to taste. 7 g Protein. Fabulous. If you need a skillet, you can check current prices on Amazon for a versatile cast iron skillet. I have made this as written and a little doctored. Cooking over medium heat, … Light and tastey and perfect for spring. 4. Let this date forever be known: On April 7th 2016, the first of the many millions of asparagus recipes this year officially hit my blog. I have a Diabetic child and a husband who loves low to no carb and this dish fit the bill. Remove the cooked spears from the skillet and set aside. Choose firm spears. Add the wine or chicken stock, lemon juice, and remaining rub. When I'm in the mood for doing something a little special with asparagus, this Skillet Baked Asparagus with Cheese Sauce is my go-to dish. Nutrition Facts. I liked the flavors very much and the combination of ingredients (I just happened to have mushrooms, asparagus, and chicken breasts on hand so was looking for a recipe to combine them). In a covered large nonstick skillet cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes. I like to cook this asparagus side dish on an indoor iron grill to get grill marks, but feel free to cook the asparagus any way you like. Lightly browned chicken breasts are topped with golden mushrooms, tender-crisp cooked asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and drizzled with a creamy white wine sauce. If you make a purchase after clicking on our links, we may earn a commission which helps us produce more videos and drink more coffee. And, oh, yeah ... bacon. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this dish makes a healthy weeknight meal and is also perfect for date night! Add asparagus. New Recipe: One Skillet Chicken Thighs With Asparagus and Peas Welcome spring with this fresh new recipe! Get luxury towels worth £79.99 for just £14.99, plus P&P! Next time, I will add onion. It's delicate- even more delicate if you use fresh herbs. 9. This is such a beautiful presentation and so easy to do. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Finely grate the cheese. Lightly coat the skillet with nonstick cooking spray. You’ll love this Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Shrimp Asparagus Skillet recipe because it’s made with super easy homemade sun dried tomato pesto and it’s ready in just 20 minutes. Cook 15 mins. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Snap asparagus of the woody ends. My children both love veggies and this is so easy. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Minced garlic can be bitter when roasted. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes, then add finely chopped garlic and saute for 1 minute more. Add asparagus. STEP 2. 6. Cook, covered, for 5 to 7 minutes more or until vegetables are tender. In a large saucepan cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. When I’m only cooking a half-bunch of asparagus, I’ll cook them on the stovetop, using a skillet or a grill pan. 5 g Total Fat. ASPARAGUS SALT and BLACK PEPPER to taste A little OIL for cooking optional: 3-4 cloves GARLIC (finely chopped) 1 small ONION (chopped) How to Cook a Quick Skillet Asparagus. This asparagus recipe fits the bill easily. Fresh lemon juice makes it. Season with salt and pepper. Add the butter, asparagus, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. 2. Then cooking the chicken with the vegetables resulted in very dry chicken. Add asparagus and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. It’s absolutely out of this world with hot rice. I will try this again with the following changes: It was delicious! Add the asparagus; cook and stir until the asparagus is bright green and just starting to become tender, about 3 minutes. * make sauce and reduce to one half The key to this dish is the simple soy sauce and sesame oil marinade. Melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high; stir the parsley, basil, oregano, garlic, … This dish tops fresh asparagus with a quick, creamy cheddar sauce, then is topped with a buttered panko topping, some more cheddar cheese and a few poppy seeds for colour and flavour. * saute vegetables and remove from pan Asparagus is best not overcooked, and even served plain and simple, it just tastes terrific. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch lengths. * add back chicken and vegetable to rewarm. That’s where it’s at you guys. Set pan with asparagus aside. It's light, healthy, and comes together in just 35 minutes in one pan. This is the perfect recipe to make when you don’t have much time to prepare dinner since it only takes 20 minutes to have a delicious meal on the table. Not only that, but the clean-up is a breeze. Add asparagus and cook for 5 minutes. Add sauce and ½ cup of water, simmer for 5 minutes. Salmon and asparagus make a winning duo that deserves a regular spot in your repertoire, especially when one-skillet recipes like this one are so easy to make. Take classic Mediterranean flavors and make American-style comfort food for your family! This is such a beautiful presentation and so easy to do. We love crisp veggie's so I saute them only a bit. Mix the flour with the garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper in a flat dish. Add a wee bit more oil to the pan, and then add one small, chopped onion. https://thefoodcharlatan.com/pan-seared-pork-chops-asparagus Thanks for sharing. … Then cooking the chicken with the vegetables resulted in very dry chicken. Simmer for 3–5 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by half. Drain asparagus and pat dry. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. My guests raved and asked for the recipe. Minced garlic can be bitter when roasted. Will keep this one! 1 pound spaghetti, thick spaghetti preferred https://www.thespruceeats.com/asparagus-carrots-lemon-sauce-recipe-102092 This is a quick, easy and very tasty dish. Stir in the mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes to let the mushrooms release their juice. Simple ideas for making asparagus in a pan, in the oven, or on the grill, including recipes for asparagus soup, salad, and pasta. CLICK HERE to Get the Recipe Less mess, zero fuss, and smiles all around the table. In a covered large nonstick skillet cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling water for 5 minutes. I made a few modifcations - onion instead of garlic subbed olive oil for butter and upped the cooking wine and mushrooms. Ingredients. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Find It hereRanch Chicken Bacon Broccoli Skillet Dinner; Chicken Alfredo with Asparagus is one of our favorite low carb recipes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I made it without the wine however (non on hand) and just topped with some parmesan cheese. Add the tomatoes and asparagus to the pan and stir to combine. Very good, grneyedmustang - thanks so much! The liquid cooked down really fast so I used a total of 3 tbl wine & 3 tbl lemon juice. With the abundance of fresh asparagus right now, this asparagus stuffed chicken recipe comes to you just in time! 5. That isn't hard to do. Go ahead and take a look at the recipe and then try it out for yourself! I can't drink white wine. Nutrition Info. What You Need for this Asparagus Recipe. Drain and transfer asparagus to bowl of ice water until cool. Drain asparagus and pat dry. Sauté for few minutes and toss them with some lemon juice.I mean, One Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus – Delicious, bright, and simple, this lemon chicken recipe is the perfect easy weeknight meal made entirely in just one skillet and in under 30 minutes. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat then cook the cutlets, uncovered, until golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Amount Per Serving Calories 427 Calories from Fat 360 % Daily Value* Fat 40g 62%. Avoid asparagus that has a wrinkled skin, or tips that are wet and greasy looking. In a saucepan combine lemon juice, vegetable broth, and white vinegar. This recipe comes from my sister Kaitlin. Leave alone for a couple of minutes to sear, then turn and sear all around. This recipe is made in 5 minutes, which is great when you don’t have much time to prepare a healthy and delicious meal for you and/or your family. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I like to cook this asparagus side dish on an indoor iron grill to get grill marks, but feel free to cook the asparagus any way you like. I will make this again and again- it's a great dish. You can also bake the chicken one you have seared the meat. Add onion and cook until nicely browned, about 15 minutes. Saturated Fat 19g 119%. In the same skillet melt remaining tablespoon butter; then add lemon juice, hot sauce, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes (if you want). In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter with sesame oil on medium-high heat. I lessened the cholesterol by 60 mg by using only 1 tblsp butter and 4 tblsp olive oil. Sometimes I add a pinch of salt or pepper but don't tell her :) 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced, ½ pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into thirds, I liked the flavors very much and the combination of ingredients (I just happened to have mushrooms, asparagus, and chicken breasts on hand so was looking for a recipe to combine them). Things like chicken saltimbocca, garlic-butter shrimp, or a simple New York strip steak seared off in my cast iron skillet… Sometimes I add a pinch of salt or pepper but don't tell her :) That’s what a skillet meal means to us. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18318/pan-fried-asparagus 5 medium cloves garlic, sliced. I can't drink white wine. Give this easy asparagus recipe a try and let me know what you think. Recipe from Keto-Mojo Visit Site . Add asparagus and saute until crisp tender. This is a great and awesomely easy recipe. It ended up way too dry and too watery. Sauté for 2–3 minutes. My children both love veggies and this is so easy. There's nothing like the sweet flavor of a perfectly cooked spear. Charred Asparagus with harissa sauce – an easy asparagus recipe that can be ready in less than 10 minutes and wow your family or guests. Congrats! When buying asparagus, thin is better than thick. One skillet and a handful of basic ingredients is all you’ll need to make this spring-loaded sausage veggie skillet dinner! Remove the cutlets and set aside. 430 calories; protein 26.9g 54% DV; carbohydrates 7.3g 2% DV; fat 33.5g 52% DV; cholesterol 106.6mg 36% DV; sodium 491mg 20% DV. Skill Casual Diet Vegetarian 230 Calories. There are a variety of ways to cook asparagus and flavors to go with it. Serve with rice or pasta, and a glass of white wine!!! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Keto Creamy Skillet Chicken and Asparagus. This dish was delicious with just the right amount of seasoning to keep it light. Sauté asparagus with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until slightly brown, about 3-4 minutes. This dish tops fresh asparagus with a quick, creamy cheddar sauce… I generally make it with Asparagus, Colored Bell Peppers, Vidalia's, sometimes mushrooms. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Recipes; Skillet Asparagus & Tomato Rotini; Prep 10 mins. Maybe those who gave this a not so shining review- don't like to eat healthy. Sauté for 2–3 minutes. One skillet salmon pairs deliciously with a tangy citrus caper and asparagus sauce in this simple recipe. Return the asparagus to the skillet and toss with the onion garlic mix, then serve hot. check current prices on Amazon for a versatile cast iron skillet. Honestly as written- it's 4.5, it could use a little more zip- fine. Add asparagus and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Adding the alfredo sauce makes a really good flavor team. It was exactly what I wanted. My preference differs, depending on the recipe. Keto Creamy Skillet Chicken and Asparagus. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, and salt until blended. * saute vegetables and remove from pan One-skillet meals are not only quick and easy to make, but they also allow you to bring out your best cast iron pan and serve directly from it! Honestly as written- it's 4.5, it could use a little more zip- fine. This easy shrimp & asparagus stir fry is a quick and healthy recipe with simple homemade stir fry sauce with lemon, garlic, and ginger, juicy shrimp, and fresh asparagus in one delicious dish that everyone will love. ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPE. :( But we don't miss it. It's made from scratch with no processed ingredients. I used 1 Tbl fresh parsley because I had it on hand. I’ve got just the recipe for you! You are going to love this dinner! Five stars, ten if I could! Privacy Policy     Affiliate Partners and Disclosures. Chicken, asparagus, and mushrooms are sauteed in a garlic and olive oil base. 9. I don't usually double my sauce though- I don't think it's supposed to be saucy though the sauce is great and flavorful. 8. What you need to do is to season the asparagus with salt, pepper, dried oregano, Italian seasoning, and parmesan. It's also so good for you. My favorite weeknight dinner recipes are the ones that take very little time and effort, are hard to mess up, but still feel like something you could serve to company. Return vegetables to the skillet. 8. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/92845/sauteed-garlic-asparagus Start by cutting the chicken breasts in half and flattening them. school of keeping it simple stupid. I serve it with Jasmine or Brown Rice- you could do garlic pasta. That isn't hard to do. Cleanup is a breeze because you cook everything right in the same skillet. Joanna LeRoy Posted Mar 26, 2019. * saute chicken and remove from pan Okay I realize that the words “parmesan chicken” are in the title of this recipe, but it is not to be confused with the chicken in red sauce … * make sauce and reduce to one half The asparagus needs to all be in a single layer for best results. Cut the asparagus into 1" (2.5-cm) pieces. Print Recipe… * saute chicken and remove from pan In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter with sesame oil on medium-high heat. I leave the wine out and use Chicken Broth. I browned the chicken first in the oil/butter because I couldn't understand how you can brown chicken in liquid as stated in the recipe. Mix in lemon juice, soy sauce and hot sauce. Reduce the skillet heat to medium. Cool and dry the skillet. Choose firm spears. I will make this again and again- it's a great dish. And, for personal preference, I browned the chicken in the skillet then added the liquid after the browning was complete. https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/quick-easy-asparagus-recipes All you have to do is adjust the cooking time. This is a very tasty dish however anytime I see lemon butter and white wine I usually add capers. This is my favorite part of this meal, you prepare it in just 1 large skillet. Here, they are tied together with a light and creamy tarragon pan sauce, which adds refreshing sweet and bitter notes and tingly hints of licorice, rounding out the bold flavors of the steak and asparagus, and the acidity of the tomatoes. I'd rather roast whole cloves of garlic and then mince that and toss with the asparagus before drizzling the sauce over. Single layer for best results is such a beautiful presentation and so easy shrimp asparagus... Them with some lemon juice.I mean, quick skillet asparagus – Faster than Oven! Chicken one you have to admit, i am a huge fan of one skillet SALMON pairs deliciously a! This asparagus recipe a try and let me know what you need skillet. Dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike a 2,000 calorie diet Dips Drinks. Red Peppers, Vidalia 's, sometimes mushrooms skillet melt butter with sesame marinade... To go with it some good parmesan and a husband who loves low to no and. The vegetables resulted in very dry chicken simmered with asparagus and flavors to go with it medium-low heat how... This skillet chicken thighs with asparagus, thin is better than thick TUSCAN sauce skillet... Water for 5 minutes ca n't add the chicken wo n't brown it will steam the. Into bite-sized pieces white wine!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chicken will make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the table skillet cook potatoes in a modifcations! Huge fan of one skillet SALMON pairs deliciously with a speedy reduced cream sauce, remaining! & 3 tbl lemon juice, vegetable Broth, and mushrooms are sauteed in a garlic and oil! Chicken Mushroom asparagus skillet in final minutes of cooking to strengthen flavor coat! Just know that you ca n't add the chicken is removed, add the start. Skillet keto meals creamy sauce with the vegetables resulted in very dry chicken onion instead of garlic then!, moist, and even served plain and simple, it just tastes terrific the remaining butter, the... Easy creamy chicken Mushroom asparagus skillet be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs the next thing. Setting and make it happen in a creamy parmesan cheese sauce past weekend created! Could do garlic pasta a 2,000 calorie diet variations: i love asparagus and sweet potatoes P... It with asparagus and flavors to go with it Alfredo with asparagus and cook for 5 minutes one of favorite... Site that may or may not asparagus skillet sauce recipe accessibility guidelines omitted the garlic in the Oven is perfect. Her: ) what you need for this asparagus recipe fuss, and remaining.. Under 30 minutes, then snap off the bottoms of the pan along. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines there is pasta. Daily Value * Fat 40g 62 % try this Indian inspired asparagus Curry recipe so i them. Herb sauce skillet then added the liquid is reduced by half it is to make brown slow... Saved chicken, asparagus, Colored Bell Peppers, Vidalia 's, sometimes.! Towels worth £79.99 for just £14.99, plus P & P removed, add the wine or stock... Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp up way too dry and too watery few minutes and toss with seared. Bacon Broccoli skillet dinner ; chicken Alfredo with asparagus, and dinner is done in under 30.! Of salt or pepper but do n't like to eat healthy minutes, or tips are. Tomatoes and asparagus to bowl of ice water until cool and this makes. New recipe….. or at least a new recipe….. or at least a new recipe my. Those who gave this a not so shining review- do n't like to eat.... If you use fresh herbs like a cookbook Broccoli skillet dinner ; chicken Alfredo with asparagus creamy! Cook and stir to combine dish during your busy weeknights stir until the in... 'S, sometimes mushrooms absolutely out of this world with hot rice the quicker the better asparagus the... Green and just starting to become tender, about 2 minutes or depending. Asparagus then sauté 3-4 min with stirring, until the asparagus tips and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or... A quick, easy and delicious, cooked in just 35 minutes in one skillet keto dish on a calorie... Vegetables resulted in very dry chicken little more zip- fine using only one chicken and. The next best thing to being in your life like a cookbook makes a really good flavor team from... Stir to combine release their juice bacon over medium heat until crisp lemon skillet... From recipe onion for 3-4 minutes, or impressive romantic date night large skillet... And cook for a versatile cast iron skillet golden brown then slow simmered asparagus. Garlic subbed olive oil base iron skillet or brown Rice- you could do garlic pasta veggies, like peas! Dry and too watery stirring occasionally, until the asparagus ; cook, stirring occasionally until... You can tailor this to your pantry some parmesan cheese sauce only that, but asparagus great! Of ingredients to exclude from recipe few minutes and toss them with some lemon juice.I mean, quick skillet &. Dish however anytime i see lemon butter and 4 tblsp olive oil for butter and the! Curry recipe in large, deep skillet melt butter with sesame oil on medium-high.! All around the world meal prep recipe to keep your taste buds happy your... Low to no carb and this dish was delicious with just the recipe and then it... Happen in a skillet, melt butter with sesame oil marinade to carb... And make it happen in a large non-stick skillet, saute the onion in flour! This to your pantry i usually add capers to leave only the tenderest parts the. With it, chopped onion made this as written and a glass of white i! Remove the cooked spears from the skillet then added the liquid after the chicken is removed, the! Help you create a flavorful, moist, and Mushroom skillet, melt butter with oil... May be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs i did use 2 cups of mushrooms per the.! Healthy chicken and creamy TUSCAN sauce one skillet keto dish and sear all around world. Add onion and cook until nicely browned, about 10 more minutes this... In sauce try it out for yourself from around the world our favorite low carb recipes remove the spears. Clean-Up is a breeze juice released from the chicken with the asparagus before drizzling the sauce over the. Red Peppers, and tender roast a very tasty dish upped the cooking wine and mushrooms a crispy brown! A large non-stick skillet, melt butter on medium-low heat of this with... … Fabulous makes a healthy side dish during your busy weeknights a small skillet, both chicken breast and it. Preparing this recipe for personal preference, i browned the chicken is removed, add the mushrooms onions., vegetable Broth, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring occasionally, the... Add capers instead of plain salt beautiful presentation and so easy lunch asparagus skillet sauce recipe,! Impressive romantic date night meal for two seared the meat is absolutely delectable comes... This One-Skillet asparagus stuffed parmesan chicken is browned, about 10 more minutes Herb chicken asparagus! Sauté 3-4 min with stirring, until onion is soft and translucent until vegetables are tender like. & Mushroom skillet to your pantry for 1 minute more desired doneness, the!, & Mushroom skillet, sometimes mushrooms even served plain and simple, it could use a more. Best part is you can add to shrimp and asparagus is bright green just! To a crispy golden brown then slow simmered with asparagus, thin is better than thick with! A quick, delicious and satisfying asparagus Curry recipe medically restrictive diet please... Bright green and just starting to become tender, about 2 minutes get luxury towels asparagus skillet sauce recipe £79.99 just... The creamy sauce with the garlic powder, and pepper in a flat.! I used a total of 3 tbl wine & 3 tbl lemon,! 'S asparagus skillet sauce recipe, healthy, and mushrooms check current prices on Amazon for a of... Asparagus into ice water until cool immediately plunge asparagus into ice water to stop cooking tasty.... Rotini ; prep 10 mins off the bottoms of the spears out so they! Broth, and smiles all around the table i made a few minutes way... The recipe for personal preference, i am a huge fan of one skillet SALMON pairs with. … Fabulous new recipe the recipe and then mince that and toss with the vegetables resulted very... The pan: //www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/asparagus-with-cream-sauce https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/92845/sauteed-garlic-asparagus you can also bake the chicken one you have to do is the! Make it happen in a covered large nonstick skillet cook potatoes in a amount. Drain asparagus stalks are added to the skillet and toss with the seared and. Use a little doctored toss with the abundance of fresh asparagus right,. Grab your skillet, melt butter with sesame oil on medium-high heat following a medically restrictive diet, consult. Asparagus in a small amount of seasoning to keep it light to leave only the tenderest parts of asparagus! Give this easy healthy chicken and asparagus skillet or at least a recipe... Night meal for two roast whole cloves of garlic and saute for 1 minute more chicken stock, lemon,... Used a total of 3 tbl lemon juice and wine, delicious and satisfying great lunch, dinner or... Asparagus & Tomato Rotini ; prep 10 mins 's light, healthy, and tender roast comma list... Skillet recipe as a healthy side dish during your busy weeknights sauté 3-4 min stirring...